[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

This new OST is actually a remix of an old song of the same title "Please wait for me" by Kim Kwang Seok in 1989.

If you want to hear the original, it is here

Thank you so much. It is a nice song.

aww I read Eng subtitle for its lyrics and like it even more. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYDdXIdbnmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK7vw2Pn-d8

Sad that this week we only got two episodes because the ending is really open this time.

There isn't much to say because I guess more things would have happened in the second batch of episodes, but I'll write down the highlights according to me.

JC and SJ finally had a heart-to-heart scene. SJ kept everything inside of her and offended JC sometimes, but deep down I knew she is aware that he loves her and secretely supports her. The book deal was important to her and she finally cried because of the disappointment she's felt. I think she hasn't cried in front of JC for years, because after his fall she's kept her feelings inside of her. This is a big step in the dynamics of the couple, and I liked that JC tried to comfort her and didn't tell her that he knew about what happened in order to protect her. Now I want to know if JC told her something 20 years before that made her not give up on writing, and I wish that she'd not abandon her dream but follows it in other ways. After all, she could submit her books to other editors (but she needs to cancel her contract first) or she could publish it online like she's already done. I wish she realized that JC has supported her writing.

MW was finally exposed by his "girlfriend". SJ was obviously hurt and she has all the right. He claims that he's helping her achieve her dream, but how he's doing it? By illuding her that her book is the best of the best when maybe it would happen like the editor said? That's why I think in this situation MW looks like a "prince charming" but his only asset besides his face, is his money. He's just doing it to prove JC that he's better than him. I loved that JC punched him because MW basically offended his wife by doing this. I would have given him another punch for acting like he's the best of the best, when we know he's just a pompous guy who probably feels lonely because he doesn't have anything but his title and money.

I really hope something happens between YS and YD because I see a lot of potential there!

Last but not last, the medicine. I was right the dead guy took two bottles of pills, and he may have given one to JC because he felt guilty that he switched their blood samples. If JC's blood sample hadn't been switched, the dead guy would have probably died because of the tumor someday, and JC would have been chosen to take part in the clinical trial. Now. Director Park acted as a substitute driver for JC and pretended that he wasn't working for the company of the trial clinic, which JC seems to have believed... sort of. I guess JC suspects that director Park could be hiding because he has blood on his hands (ehm, face XD). JC is 99% sure that the guy of the homicide case is the one he met at the clinic. I wonder if he also believed whether he died not only because of the tumor but also because of the pills. At first I wondered why he didn't tell detective Cha about it, but then again the clinical trial was a secret and he wasn't fully sure (and he doesn't even work for the police anymore after all). Back to Director Park, it seemed as if he wanted to tell president Jeong in the car about a possible subject that could tolerate the toxin of the new drug, but kept mum. Perhaps he wants to use it as leverage in the future and wants to threaten JC because he surely knows that right now he may feel helpless without the pills he's taken back from his house. If director Park is a die hard MMA fan and likes JC, he may propose him an offer: he'd give him the pills back but he has to partecipate in the trial until the end. Because if JC tolerates the pills and his organism doesn't have have bad reaction to the medicine like the dead guy, he'd make president Jeong happy because he could help him develop the drug. The question is: would JC do it now that he doesn't have money issues anymore... or not? I'd like to see what happens when JC doesn't take the pill. Maybe despite his age, he could still win. Because winning is not always about the age, strenght or other things, it's about committment and determination.

Jang Hyuk Gets Intensely Physical For Brutal Fight Scene In “Bad Papa”

jang-hyuk-42.jpg

Jang Hyuk is getting ready for the match of his life in MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Bad Papa.”

“Bad Papa” is about a former boxer who gets thrown out of the ring and loses everything he has. In order to be a good husband and father to his family, he decides to get into the shady world of drugs in order to support his new mixed martial arts career.

In stills for upcoming Episodes 15 and 16, Jang Hyuk can be seen in a painful fight in the MMA ring. Although his character is clearly in pain and on the verge of being defeated, Jang Hyuk refuses to tap the floor and surrender to his opponent.

jang-hyuk-32.jpg

In the last episode, Jang Hyuk’s character has been riding a high after signing a big contract and winning multiple MMA matches. However, his supply of the mysterious drug is stolen just before he’s scheduled to fight in a huge match.

The scene in the stills was filmed on October 16 at the drama’s fixed set location. Jang Hyuk, along with the rest of the crew, focused intensely on capturing the match’s flow, technical skills, and the character’s emotions. The entire big match sequence took 18 hours to film, but according to the production staff, Jang Hyuk never wavered in his concentration.

They stated, “You’ll be able to see a new side of Jang Hyuk and a new part of his character’s story through this match. It will be painful and heartbreaking but also emotional. Jang Hyuk is an amazing actor at capturing both action and emotion at once.”

Episodes 15 and 16 of “Bad Papa” were supposed to have aired on October 23, but were delayed due to a baseball game.

jang-hyuk-22.jpg

You can watch the latest episode of “Bad Papa” here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1250623wpp/jang-hyuk-gets-intensely-physical-brutal-fight-scenes-bad-papa

9 hours ago, purplebass said:

Now I want to know if JC told her something 20 years before that made her not give up on writing.

Yeah I would love to know what happened too. Love the way she told MW off, though I was hoping she will add a line, "And stop bad-mouthing my husband!" haha..

Finished watching episodes 13-14 with subs.  These are a few scenes which I like: 

1) SJ breaking down before JC and pouring out her pent-up emotions to him.  JC finally hugged SJ after so many years. We know both of them still care for each other but this episode finally showed us evidence.  I like how SJ defended JC before her sister and MW.  And JC putting aside his worry about the pills and comforted SJ, putting her needs before his.

2) I also enjoyed the scenes between JC and his ex-superior.  They're a sort of comic relief.  The ex-superior forcing his kiss upon JC and his reaction is fun to watch, as well as their shock reaction upon SJ's return.  Their behavior so typical of married men ;)

3) The intense confrontation between JC and MW.  I don't get why MW hated JC so much.  If its because of JS, isn't he a bit too childish?  If its the match years ago.... he may be annoyed but does it justify so much hate that he wanted to breakup his family and hurt him?  Well maybe its both.  One thing for sure, he's one insecure and jealous man.

4) I like YD, he's cute.  I've enjoyed the scenes between him and JC.  They have chemistry.  And now with YS.  I think they're compatible, though JC may think otherwise :P

4 hours ago, AgnesO said:

3) The intense confrontation between JC and MW.  I don't get why MW hated JC so much.  If its because of JS, isn't he a bit too childish?  If its the match years ago.... he may be annoyed but does it justify so much hate that he wanted to breakup his family and hurt him?  Well maybe its both.  One thing for sure, he's one insecure and jealous man.

I think that MW also feels lonely and this is his way to "pass the time"... I mean, it's sure he was hurt when JC lost and he won the title because his sunbae didn't seem to have put all of himself into the match (but he doesn't know the truth anyway), so he may have felt like he won the easy way and he did not earn that victory (unless he pretended to be angry). Perhaps after that win, he felt his pride hurt, but then fame and money corrupted his spirit and made him greedy, and his resentment and disappointment towards his once respected sunbae turned into hate once he appeared in front of him once again. Like MW said once, by reminiscing old times he also remembered the annoyance and rage he felt 11 years before towards JC and how he acted during their match. What angered MW the most was that despite everything, JC still "survived" and his wife remained by his side after he lost his career and his wealth. But MW remained lonely all these years, with lots of money and a successful career, but still lonely. He's like he's punishing JC for making him lonely because he made SJ fall for him so quickly (didn't the summary say JC proposed to SJ after 3 days...?) while he couldn't make SJ fall for him after years they've known each other, if we saw that SJ forgot about their high school kiss altogether.

Since we are talking about MW, I forgot to say this about episodes 13-14: we see the CEO of Z-drop go to MW to warn him not to make JC angry and provoke him. Their exchange didn't seem to give the vibe that they might have known each other if not for their fame, since MW is a popular fighter and the CEO is a known businessman in that area. But I still wonder if there may be connections between them as well because of their "eye exchanges", as if they were pretending not to know each other personally because they were in MW's office with his coach right out of the room. Whta if the truth is that the CEO of Z-drop, since we believe he is also the man who called JC 11 years ago, made a deal with somebody around MW when he was still a rookie to destroy JC's career and make MW the new champion? But then he regretted it and offered JC to fight again to atone for his past sin because that cost him his wife and daughter, probably.

Currently Watching: Bad Papa

by Ankita, October 23, 2018

With a plethora of new dramas, Bad Papastands out not just because of the veteran actors but also because of its extraordinary plot. Here's a detailed account of my feelings on the drama. 

On 10/24/2018 at 12:41 AM, purplebass said:

Last but not last, the medicine. I was right the dead guy took two bottles of pills

Yes you were right! 

But that sequence was unbelievable. Where are the CCTVs? Alarms? Etc etc. How could he easily break into the room? Why do the subjects need to be in the proximity of the medicine and the lab itself? I have million questions which will remain ananswered.:(

But I'm concentrating on the good now. 

It is clear now SJ's constant nagging did not originate from her dislike towards JC but it was more like an indirect plea for help. JC ever so clueless(like most of men) failed to read the signal and blamed all of it solely on his inability as a provider. That's why SJ was always like "that stupid", "that fool" etc etc. She didn't actually intend to humiliate him but she was continuously provoked by his ill-timed(which we know a number of time was due to bad luck) actions.

SJ and JC both have the tendency of turning a blind eye towards possible negative consequences of their actions when they think they are doing the 'right' thing. In this way both of them are not 'reflective' characters. SJ chose to ignore MW's actions and remarks which clearly indicated that he is meddling in her and JC's affairs. While JC is blind towards his dependence on the 'medicine'. He also thought it was 'right' when he handed divorce papers to SJ(we can partially blame C2H6O) at most inconvenient time. 

I think SJ must have been more expressive in the past but after unexpected turn of fate and JC's heartless reaction(All of their misfortunes aside, his wife had just suffered a miscarriage. He even didn't give her a shoulder to cry.) to the situation she had to toughen up. She took it upon herself to settle their problems. She knows that JC actually loves the family more than anything in the world but he is guided by his emotions. Till his defeat their married life had been a bed of roses but as the calamity striked she was able to see his true colours. He is not the great wall of emotional strength that every woman dreams her man has has be. The man who would put his pain aside in the pursuit of protecting his family's intrests.  

Now she is incharge of everything the chores, the child and even money. She thinks she is 'better' than him(which is true to some extent). She tries to be perfectionist at every front of her life. She puts the sense of 'duty' on the higher plane than the prospect of fulfilling her 'dream'. She is totally opposite of JC in this regard who stops being himself after his 'dream' is shattered. He is not so willing to find his 'duty' remotely enjoyable. SJ is realist. JC is a lost soul. 

SJ's real problem is she is not disposed to 'share'. She is unwilling to share her responsibilities, her dreams and her feelings (now even her room with her man) with her family. Even though she acts like a leader but she is not true 'leader' of the family. She is not a teamplayer (though she could have been in the past). She doesn't know how to exert her feminine authority up to full magnitude. 

I really felt bad for her when she blamed herself for not being a good mom. Even though their kid was directionless for some time but it looks like she has instilled good values into her and YS is talented. YS is not a spoiled brat. Her desire to be 'perfect' is over-burdening her. She could've just ask her 16 years old daughter to wake-up on her own(alarm clock exist). But she also had to take it upon herself. She could've asked her husband to clean his mess himself but she never did. Maybe her 'ego' stops her from requesting things from JC or she believes he should know it on his own. But in the end it hurts her more than anyone in this world. She thinks nobody cares for her which is not true. But it's true that nobody knows what she cares about. 

Now when she tried to chase her dream that 'scheming MW' gave her even deeper wound than JC.  JC's judgement was marred by the circumstances and he actually loved SJ throughout their reationship. What's more that she loved him back (atleast at some point of her life). But MW on the pretext of his revange toyed with her feelings. She has nobody but herself to blame. Her long cherished belief in herself has been shattered. She knows that she can also be 'wrong' sometimes. Only person she can turn towards in this condition is JC(doesn't matter how much alienated she is from him). Even though he can't provide kind of consolation she desires at the moment but she knows even in their turbulent relationship she knows that his heart is truly with her. 

According to the editor SJ's writing is really good but does not suit the popular taste. So I think she needs to introduce a few erotic sub-plots here and there so that it can be more 'relevant' and 'intresting' lols. Her book's  title is also in the desperate need of renewal. "One Who Came Spilling the Blood" sounds like a gory horror.:lol:

Episode 7.

1. I love that conversation btw the ‘dead man’ and JC at the testing centre. Their love for their children was so awesome. And now we know why JC wasn’t chosen Becos he swop them! So JC wasn’t sick. 

2. JC reaction when he sees his Wife back while drinking with his ex boss was so classic - doesn’t reminds us of what Jang Hyuk said in dragon club? He brought his drunk friends home and his wife got upset hahaha! 

3. And that best salad writer! Hahaha! 

4. ‘You who came spilling blood’ - what kind of title is that? What’s the genre of the book?

5. Goodness! I felt to bad for Daughter when she fell and doesn’t it feel so sweet to see her parents so happy for her :) 

6. Omg that bodyguard is way tooooo creepy! He already knew JC is the subject they need. Why is he not taking actions? 

Could he be the one that stole the pills away? Just to test if it was those pillls that made him win. 

7. Wow that ‘showdown’ btw JC and MW. When Jc said, do u think I will let u win again? That really hit MW! Even if he didn’t let him win on purpose, that statement hurts MW’s ego. 

7 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Episode 7.

6. Omg that bodyguard is way tooooo creepy! He already knew JC is the subject they need. Why is he not taking actions? 

Could he be the one that stole the pills away? Just to test if it was those pillls that made him win. 

I thought it was already revealed he was the one who stole the pills?

Bad Papa Episodes 13-14 Recap

Bad Papa Episodes 13-14 “Gone Father”

Flashback… Yoo Ji Cheol (Jang Hyuk) gets his blood drawn at the secret research facility. Chatty bunny tattoo test subject brags that his young son is going to be a great cartoonist. He declares they love each other deeply. Ji Cheol admits he’s jealous of such a close relationship. The test subject claims he has to use the restroom. He spies the scientists exit the lab for a meal. He enters the drug room. He switches his blood (Kim Yoon Soo) with Ji Cheol’s. As he exits he takes two bottles of blue pills.

Continue reading here https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2018/10/24/bad-papa-episodes-13-14-recap/

bad-papa-hdtv-eng-e13-e14_5-e15404309124

10 hours ago, kohnlee said:

doesn’t reminds us of what Jang Hyuk said in dragon club? He brought his drunk friends home and his wife got upset hahaha! 

No it was Hong Kyung Min's wife who got upset because drunk CTH and KJK barged in their house. Hyukie consoled them by saying it's alright to invade his home.

That burly guy was holding the pills in one of the last scenes. But it's not clear what he is going to do with them.

Archived