[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes!! MW creeps me out... that actor is good in this role and his jealous girlfriend too..they are a perfect match. SJ cannot even remember her past with him...it goes to show how much or little he means to her. Please leave JC and SJ alone. Let them resolve their own problems with the help of their daughter. It is much sweeter this way.

But their bits are getting repetitive and boring. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@fiesty8001 I like your idea. To add more possible scenarios, I think that it could have also been the younger Doctor to have spread the drug outside and given two bottle of pills to the guy because he knew that: 1) he was ill and desperate for the money 2) he had a daughter with an illness that needs expensive therapy but that this drug could probably save, and like you said, 3) both the guy and his daughter had terminal illnesses so if they died they couldn't be held responsible. The younger Doctor seems loyal to Doctor Cha, but what if he has his reasons? He talked to the dead guy when the came to the lab, and he was asked a lot of questions about the pills. The only thing that doesn't fit with the younger Doctor giving the bottle to the man is that he is the one doing the inventory and seeing that the box is missing. He either was acting because he was filmed by the CCTV in the lab, or it was somebody else who let the drugs go out of that building. Everytime the younger Doctor interacted with the dead guy or with his minion on the phone, he looked shady. Whenever he talked to Doctor Cha, he seemed submissive. Which one is his true face?

I am just wondering, did he have the brain tumour before the trial or it developed as a side effect to the drug?

@azureblue7 I think that if we want to stay "real", I guess tumors can appear out of the blue so it could have been both. But seeing that his daughter is ill, it may have been genetic. Maybe he's always had something but never knew.

11 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I get this feeling that the main character of the other novel she was writing about is her husband. 

I also think it's about him, but then she said it was about her high school days... although she could have lied to MW. The title "You who came spilling blood" made me think about a fight, so the blood spilled is the one that a person can spill during a match (for example, in MMA fights there's a lot of spilling blood) or it could be methaporical. In my dialect we have an idiomatic expression that in English translates with "spilling blood", and we use it to refer to a situation when a person makes us so mad because of what he/she does that they "make us spill blood". lol. Maybe she means that after her high school days JC came into her life and got her crazy and changed her life.

@fiesty8001 @azureblue7 I'm partially with you on JC/SJ. I mean, I'm also annoyed that they always argue. But I think the point is to show them fixing things slowly because they cannot go from arguing to being lovely-dovey in an episode. I think, though, their last scene at the new house is a big step in changing this routine. I guess MW/SJ routine will change as well because his autobiography is done and they don't need to meet up like that. If SJ got the memo about MW's intentions, she should keep the distance.

Shin Eun Soo Makes A Crucial Mistake During Her Audition In “Bad Papa”

e4ac218ae557437d96603262f461d48b.jpeg?s=

Shin Eun Soo tragically made a mistake during her extremely important dance auditions for “Bad Papa.”

“Bad Papa” follows the story of a man who decides to become a bad person to be a good father. The drama is filled with touching scenes of familial dreams, explosive action moves, and an interesting plot device involving experimental medicine.

Shin Eun Soo plays Yoo Young Sun, a 17-year-old girl who was once declared a ballet prodigy but gives up on her dreams because of her father Yoo Ji Cheol’s (played by Jang Hyuk) actions.

In the released photos, Yoo Young Sun sits, collapsed on the stage of a dance audition. Amidst a fierce mood of competition, she danced beautifully, but at the last moment, fell when she twisted her ankle. The audition ends with her waiting nervously for her results.

It was reported that when Shin Eun Soo filmed the dance audition scene, she checked every single detail on top of the brightly-lit stage. She also threw her body into dancing, expressing her emotions, and collapsing at the end of her dance. Though she had to film the scene multiple times, she began each take with an energy that was just as strong as the first take.

The production staff stated, “Shin Eun Soo is someone who definitely works hard. She carefully listens to advice from people around her and is an amazing actress who never stops practicing. Please look forward to what kind of situation will unfold for her.”

“Bad Papa” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already, check out the latest episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1248501wpp/shin-eun-soo-makes-crucial-mistake-audition-bad-papa

Done with episode 6!

1. It was so sad watching JC dine alone and his daughter is soooooo sweet. U can see his disappointment and all his subtle expression. JH is too good!

2. Detective cha is doctor’s Daughter. Really! I’ve read some of u speculating this but it came as a surprise for me. 

3. Was there a missing bottle of pills? The lab assistant was counting and he seems to lose one bottle. I thought the ‘man’ who died was given a bottle unless he stole it???

4. And how did the bodyguard conclude that JC ate their medication just by knowing that he kept winning matches??

I have not watched today’s episodes but this so sooooo warm, I hope is not a dream or something!

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Done with episode 6!

1. It was so sad watching JC dine alone and his daughter is soooooo sweet. U can see his disappointment and all his subtle expression. JH is too good!

2. Detective cha is doctor’s Daughter. Really! I’ve read some of u speculating this but it came as a surprise for me. 

3. Was there a missing bottle of pills? The lab assistant was counting and he seems to lose one bottle. I thought the ‘man’ who died was given a bottle unless he stole it???

4. And how did the bodyguard conclude that JC ate their medication just by knowing that he kept winning matches??

1. I love the father/daughter relationship. JC having the conversation with himself was sad but maybe a little hopeful? He's so focused on taking care of the family's material needs as head of household that he's clueless about their emotional needs. That was a step in the right direction, however, Too bad the wife wasn't there to hear it.

2. I was a little surprised but the theme of Bad Papa fits JC, the doctor and the CEO (my speculation).

3. Yes, there was a missing bottle. I think it's explained in episode 7 judging by clips.

4. He recognized JC from the drug trial and realized he gave a fake name. It may have been a bit of a leap to suspect he was taking the meds, but I can buy that JC winning the matches was suspicious and there was the whole thing with the car being blocked. I kind of like that the bodyguard isn't as dumb as he seems.

Glad she came to her senses even more so now the pics going to be out next episode.

I do feel bad for her now all she really wanted to do was just write then this peace of garbage came and toyed with her dream.

She loves her husband thats more obvious now.

5 hours ago, qynn said:

1. I love the father/daughter relationship. JC having the conversation with himself was sad but maybe a little hopeful? He's so focused on taking care of the family's material needs as head of household that he's clueless about their emotional needs. That was a step in the right direction, however, Too bad the wife wasn't there to hear it.

2. I was a little surprised but the theme of Bad Papa fits JC, the doctor and the CEO (my speculation).

3. Yes, there was a missing bottle. I think it's explained in episode 7 judging by clips.

4. He recognized JC from the drug trial and realized he gave a fake name. It may have been a bit of a leap to suspect he was taking the meds, but I can buy that JC winning the matches was suspicious and there was the whole thing with the car being blocked. I kind of like that the bodyguard isn't as dumb as he seems.

2. Ah that explains. All these fathers want was the best for their family but in the wrong way.

4. Oh ok I might have missed the part where he recognises him yup the bodyguard is not dumb and I still can’t understsnd why is he so submissive to the ceo. 

4 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Glad she came to her senses even more so now the pics going to be out next episode.

I do feel bad for her now all she really wanted to do was just write then this peace of garbage came and toyed with her dream.

She loves her husband thats more obvious now.

U make me want to watch episode 7 now lol 

6 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Does this wife realize she was being played? She cried into her husbands arms and maybe told the other dude off?

Definitely looks like it.I am glad she realised it early and not dragged on. So we see more progress between husband and wife...

May be a kiss next time?Lol.

“Bad Papa” Cast Is Full Of Smiles In Behind-The-Scenes Photos

Bad-Papa-1.jpg

MBC’s “Bad Papa” has released new stills of Jang Hyuk, Son Yeo Eun, Shin Eun Soo, Ha Joon, and Kim Jae Kyung.

“Bad Papa” follows the story of a man who decides to become a bad person to be a good father. The drama is filled with touching scenes of familial dreams, explosive action moves, and an interesting plot device involving experimental medicine.

In the behind-the-scene photos, the main cast can be seen smiling warmly. On the set, Jang Hyuk emerges as the “master of curiosity” and “leader of proof shots.” Expressing an infinite amount of interest in the props and equipment on the set, he sincerely engages with the staff.

As for Son Yeo Eun, she brightens the set with her angelic smile. Despite the busy filming schedule, the actress creates a warm atmosphere by exchanging pleasant greetings with her co-stars and cheering for them. On the other hand, Shin Eun Soo is in charge of being the “set’s energizer.” During her break time, she smiles comfortably at the camera and poses with a peace sign.

Ha Joon is heating up the scene as a passionate actor who makes non-stop efforts for great acting. With constant reading of the script, he is perfectly prepared for the emotions that are thrilling yet intense, and he is also evoking enthusiasm for both action and emotional performance.

Kim Jae Kyung, known as the “praise fairy” on set, closely monitors her senior actors’ performances. She expresses her admiration for them and doesn’t hesitate to ask them for advice. She also shows gratitude to the crew for their hard-working efforts.

The production crew praised, “With so many good-natured actors on the scene, we can’t stop laughing. The detailed touching performances of great actors drawing sympathy will continue. We hope you will look forward to [the drama] a lot.”

“Bad Papa” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already, check out the latest episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1249895wpp/bad-papa-cast-full-smiles-behind-scenes-photos

Looks like we may get episodes 15-16 today, depending on the baseball match.

2018091909470067159-540x275.jpg

MBC, preliminary change notice "Bad Papa" broadcast, to decide immediately after baseball match

MBC said on the 23rd Oct, "Due to the game of the '2018 KBO League semi-play-off', which will be broadcasted at MBC on the evening,  the final decision for the broadcast of 'Bad Papa' will be announced later. 

"I would like to acknowledge that the nature of the baseball game can be flexible depending on the progress of the game. After the game is over, we will inform you of the confirmation of the schedule. I would like to ask for your understanding , "he added.

As a result of delayed baseball relay on 19th, there was a popular entertainment program 'Real man' and 'I live alone'. MBC suddenly confirmed without a prior notice and received protests from viewers.

http://news.hankyung.com/article/2018102358554

Archived