Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

16 hours ago, maris1 said:

Here is some info regarding the PD and writer....Impressive work ! Here is hoping they bring their best forward in this drama.

Hoping for some more details on the synopsis. Read somewhere about Augmented reality...( vague idea about it since am not good at tech lingo....but seen it used well in Start trek movie and Cdrama Love020....So that could be great if done well...)

Director Ahn Gil-ho (안길호)

Secret Forest2 tvN 2019

Memories of Alhambra tvN 2018

Secret Forest tvN 2017⭐️

My son in laws woman SBS 2016

Mrs Cop SBS 2015⭐️

Wonderful Mama 2013⭐️

Rooftop Prince SBS 2012⭐️

While you were sleeping 2011 (assistant director)

Screenplay Song Jae-jeong (송재정)

Memories of Alhambra tvN 2018

W MBC 2016

The Three Musketeers tvN 2014

Nine: 9 Times Time Travel tvN 2013 with Kim Yoon Joo

Queen In-Hyeon’s Man Tvn 2012 with Kim Yoon Joo

Coffee House SBS 2010

High Kick MBC 2006-2007 Sitcom with Lee young chul

Cute or Crazy SBS 2005 with Kim Do-Sang

Award: Best screenplay ‘W’ MBC Drama Awards 2016

Now look at this, Shin Hye worked Cute or Crazy when she is fifteen years old. She will be working with writer Song Jae Hung again at this drama. So they know each other before. Maybe writer prefered Shin Hye for knowing her.

• Like 11

I wonder if they will be allowed to shoot inside 'La Alhambra'. It's really difficult to get permits and only a few of tv series/movies have done it (It's not about money, It's about how the production will be. It's the most visited monument in Spain). 

It'd be wonderful if we could see PSH and HB in this scenario:

Spoiler

PATIO-DE-LOS-LEONES-ALHAMBRA-GRANADA.png

Spoiler

la_alhambra_ventanas.JPG

Spoiler

d21c8e30278da583f4dbfc54168868d4.jpg

• Like 12

@dulcinea1 Alhambra is so beautiful ! Thanks for the pics.

It would be perfect if they can make it happen by getting permission to do actual shooting there. So exciting just to see the pics...cannot imagine what will it be like to see them there.

@Tiggie2 Hi Tiggie....great to see you again. Looking forward to reading your take on everything related to the drama.

Just two clips to show how well Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin are matched in the action scenes too.

SH did all the scenes herself without a double in ‘Doctors’ having specially trained in martial arts for the drama

Hyun Bin makes the action scenes so effortless

( So sorry for the extra stuff that gets posted with the gifs....Just wanted the clips....am trying to recall how to post . Please bear with me)

clips credit to the respective owners...

Edited by maris1
  • Like 9

On 3/14/2018 at 10:20 AM, LyraYoo said:

About the Show

A thriller about the mysteries surrounding an augmented reality (AR). (Revised plot see 1)

~~

About the augmented reality , there's a change on the plot based on Hancinema's latest update. Unless the PD reverted back to its original plot. 

The drama, based on a song by the same title of "Recuerdos de la Alhambra" written in Granada by Francisco Tárrega, was originally slated as a VR-themed action science fiction piece, so I'm not sure what the change in stated genres will mean. My guess is that the creators felt the genre wouldn't sell, so it became a fantasy romance instead. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 4/24/2018 at 3:35 AM, alcides14ahjumma said:

I hope we all will support our bias in a healthy and positive way, being fairly respectful, assertive and kind in our comments/ criticism,  and mindful that the actor and actress  follow a script and Director instructions, in all aspects of their acting,  including kisses! 

Let’s build beautiful and unforgettable memories for all ! :) Fighting ! 

dragonhiplz.gif?1Hello and thank you for posting this. I'm very excited that Park Shin Hye has finally picked a drama, I'm excited to be able to watch Hyun Bin for the first time in a drama. I love the imagination, great stories that this writer brings to us too. 

@LyraYoo I'm not sure what this plot revision means at all since this writer has a tendency to add a little sci-fi in most of her work but this change just makes more curious about the story.

@dulcinea1 @maddymappo Thanks for those pics of Alhambra it is such a beautiful place. La Alhambra looks like something out of a fairytale 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

About the augmented reality , there's a change on the plot based on Hancinema's latest update. Unless the PD reverted back to its original plot. 

@LyraYoo  Thanks for the update .....:)

last news I had from Hancinema was posted April 10...It did not mention AR only action, fantasy & Romance below

the series "Memories of the Alhambra" to be aired on the cable channel tvN that incorporates various genres of action, fantasy and romance “

I assumed since they mentioned fantasy it would encompass the use of AR technology

Thanks for removing the misconception ...:D

• Like 8

On 25.4.2018 at 11:55 AM, dulcinea1 said:

I wonder if they will be allowed to shoot inside 'La Alhambra'. It's really difficult to get permits and only a few of tv series/movies have done it (It's not about money, It's about how the production will be. It's the most visited monument in Spain). 

It'd be wonderful if we could see PSH and HB in this scenario:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Breath taking ! Vacation wish list! 

Plus add on the music:D 

cr: as tagged 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

But knowing this writer's style i wonder if her original idea was cut the romance out, i can't picture it since she likes so much romances hahaha but we never know it's common in the initial stage productions change the plans. Anyway i hope anything change that they made will be for good.

• Like 7

yes, as long as the finished plot is a good one and drama executed well...

Right now it seems to cater for the likes of all viewers..

action, mystery, melodrama, music, beautiful setting, loved cast and

sci-fi... These days goid sci-fi does require use of tech depending on how much and what kind..Never watched any of SJJ’s drama so can only guess. Even if I had it doesn’t really ensure athis drama would be same since a writer does like to evolve and be innovative. 

On a a side note....wonder who will join as the supporting cast..

• Like 7

I guess one of the reasons why AR was not included anymore is it may have the tendencies to fall into comparison with Song Jae Jong's (tho the 'fake' reality was the comic book universe) . I am quite a SJJ trash for all her works :D  and I would agree if she was the one who deliberately scrapped the idea. Or it could have been budget heavy on CG considering that they have also need to shoot the first phase of the drama in Spain. (By the way Alhambra is a heavenly place, thanks for the shared photos)

Seems like the budget for this one is almost the same with Goblin's. Producers are both 스튜디오드래곤(Studio Dragon who produced mega hit 'Goblin') and 초록뱀미디어 (Choreok Bam Media ) . Choreok Bam Media produced two of SJJ 's drama hit QIHM and Nine:Nine Times Travel and I must say we will be expecting a feast in the eye for spectacular cinematography, not discounting the aesthetics from PD nim who directed Secret Forest.

Side note: SJJ QIHM was produced in 2012, but still a competitive piece up to now when it comes to quality if you ask me :D 

Spoiler

• Like 7

On 27.4.2018 at 3:33 AM, LyraYoo said:

I guess one of the reasons why AR was not included anymore is it may have the tendencies to fall into comparison with Song Jae Jong's (tho the 'fake' reality was the comic book universe) . I am quite a SJJ trash for all her works :D  and I would agree if she was the one who deliberately scrapped the idea. Or it could have been budget heavy on CG considering that they have also need to shoot the first phase of the drama in Spain. (By the way Alhambra is a heavenly place, thanks for the shared photos)

Seems like the budget for this one is almost the same with Goblin's. Producers are both 스튜디오드래곤(Studio Dragon who produced mega hit 'Goblin') and 초록뱀미디어 (Choreok Bam Media ) . Choreok Bam Media produced two of SJJ 's drama hit QIHM and Nine:Nine Times Travel and I must say we will be expecting a feast in the eye for spectacular cinematography, not discounting the aesthetics from PD nim who directed Secret Forest.

Side note: SJJ QIHM was produced in 2012, but still a competitive piece up to now when it comes to quality if you ask me :D 

Hide contents

Actually choreok produced all of her drama including W and currently producing my mister and mistresses so its a very good company beside Studio dragon so its like getting two of the best and yes tvn have very high hopes for this drama beside mr sunshine, they said that they want to expand their sales and aim to sell to China too not only east Asia and they expect their sales to raise in 2nd half with their biggest projects which are Mr sunshine & MOA. those articles were on naver and many other korean websites so I'm sure it will be high budget.

As for the VR thing,  han

cinema got confused because in the recent articles they are not giving any hints like in the past, they synopsis are generic and all about the FL & ML but the production team mentioned action & Melo also Hyunbin's agency said they think the setting of games is something very interesting so the VR didn't change for sure but the details of it or which game they will show might change, his agency also mentioned action / mystery / melo

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@LyraYoo  @Lolastarlight1   Thanks! All info very positive in regards to the quality of production and drama on the whole...:D

1: Producers: Big which means no scrimping and short cuts compromising the quality of drama viewing.

2: SJJ: innovative writer who likes to walk her own path. Justified by critical success and nature of her dramas. In recent times ‘W’ was written on her own. QIHM and Nine she had a co-writer. Haven’t watched any of the 3 so wonder what difference if any seen because of this. I remember watching ‘The three Musketeers ‘ that I enjoyed a lot. 

There does not seem to be any confusion in regards to MOA being action, fantasy, melo. But, mention of games setting does set me wondering as to their nature and extent..

3: PD: I really loved Secret Forest, Mrs Cop 2015 ....with Rooftop Prince a fantasy which was a rating success ....so feel happy that he is in the directorial seat 

4: No need to say anything about the beautiful setting of Alhambra Granada. It speaks for itself 

5: last but not the least.....the leads...HB-PSH.....perfectly cast for action, mystery, melo and.....fantasy genre. Both big names home and abroad...should bring in the expected sales, ratings and critical acclaim

(fingers crossed:tongue:) 

• Like 6

quiet here.....

got curious what it will be like in Granada, Spain in June. They did pick the right month to go there...

wish I could post pics...completely forgot how after so long...:D

here is what I found...

May-June best time to visit Granada with comfortable temperatures and some of its most important cultural events. 

1: Feria del Corpus Cristi is the city's biggest annual event ( fair). People get all dressed up for a week full of festivities ( day and night )including processions and bullfights. 

fiesta.jpg

2: The International Festival of Music and Dance of Granada is one of the most attractive in early summer in Spain. It features theatrical performances at the Alhambra and other historic sites around the city. 

Festival-Internaticional-de-Musica-y-Dan

The drama will have all this coupled with the incredible heritage of Granada, its monuments, its gardens and its history, the city during the first days of summer, in a party atmosphere as background setting.

Now imagine all this as the background setting....

It excites me beyond belief....

To see our OTP with their story in these surroundings.....

Can November come quick?

• Like 7

Hello guys! park Shin hye's fans here!  

Cant wait for alhambra, its been a long time since i watch shin hye's Doctor.  And of course I love hyunbin too 

• Like 9

@dulcinea1

Agree, it would be awesome if they could shoot inside the Alhambra - it is so beautiful!!  I will watch it for that if nothing else..

Of course I do like Hyun Bin and PSH, so no hesitation in watching them either.  But I'm not a big fan of this genre in K dramas (sci fi etc) - but what the heck, we'll see.

I love the title of the drama - "Memories of Alhambra".  Brings back my memories for sure and they are wonderful :) 

• Like 9