[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

@bedifferent Yes, SH is not filming as yet. She is on vacations in Spain and thoroughly enjoying it. Seeing the magnificent Gaudí’s buildings...Sagrada Familia , Park Güell ( where she posted the guitarist playing that beautiful music that for life of me can’t recall the name.....the role of classic guitarist an$ tour guide that she will plam in MOA) Also, watched Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona match yesterday...

its so exciting that don’t know how time will pass until Nov..

@Yippeun_eonnie  Yes.....Let’s fall in love together with ‘Memories of Alhambra, Hyun Bin and Shin-Hye....because to me all things seem well aligned to take us along that path........well matched OTP, plot, beautiful setting of Granada and the PD/writer.....:love:

@LyraYoo Seeing those gifs/ videos it’s not surprising that he is cast in action movies a lot. Though, he has been very popular as a romantic hero too. That’s very promising for this drama which will have both rom/action with fantasy in addition. 

Shinhye is a great at action too getting rave reviews for doing the stunts herself as acknowledged by costar Kim Rae Won, PD besides the viewers. So the thought of them together makes me look forward to them ....besides the obviously beautiful visuals..:)

qq

• Like 8

15 hours ago, maris1 said:

Yes.....Let’s fall in love together with ‘Memories of Alhambra, Hyun Bin and Shin-Hye....because to me all things seem well aligned to take us along that path........well matched OTP, plot, beautiful setting of Granada and the PD/writer.....:love:

TRUEEEEEE..... I love the writer too..... who else except this writer that can make a manga character can walk into reality life thru a dimensional door and it looks as cool as crazy as I were that time when watching it happen.... I'm looking for another jaw dropped moment in Alhambra by this writer...green scarf 28green scarf 28

• Like 7

New details about Shinhye character, she's Strong willed and determined and he's competitive and hates to lose I think this similarity will make them bicker lol lol, she's the key of the mystery but still hope she will join the action both of our leads are good in action! Hope they will reveal the other cast this week

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Park Shin Hye confirmed for drama 'Memories of the Alhambra Palace'

By jennywill    50 minutes ago  
park-shin-hye

Actress Park Shin Hye will be returning to the small screen for the first time in 2 years.

She's been confirmed for the tvN drama 'Memories of the Alhambra Palace'. She'll be in the role of Jung Hee Joo, and will be playing opposite Hyun Bin's Yoo Jin Woo. She runs a hostel in Spain, where Yoo Jin Woo will come stay for a business trip.

The drama will air in the second half of the year.
  • Like 9

On 5/6/2018 at 7:11 PM, alcides14ahjumma said:

Agree. I am dying to see the rest of the cast. Big mystery! Lol! As longer Shin Hye is in, I can watch it! 

I would like to watch HB past work, to become familiar with his acting, since I have never seen any of his projects. What do you recommend? 

I recommend Secret Garden and Snow Queen. Both of theme is good dramas. I like Hyun Bin in melodrama rather romantic comedy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

0*_ZY_wf9kUUbAYxqp.

Just like her followers, Park Shin Hye looks forward to Memories of the Alhambra.

Keen to endear her fans by showing her exclusive charm and talent in projects she worked on, Park Shin Hye expresses elation for her small screen comeback after two years.

The sought-after actress returns to portray the character of Jung Hee Joo, an owner of a rundown Korean-American hostel in Granada, Spain. She is sketched as a strong-willed woman, who takes on various part-time jobs to support her grandmother and siblings in an unfamiliar country since her parents departed early.

The poignant meeting with a shrewd investment CEO Yoo Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) is going to draw a puzzling entanglement between the main characters.

Memories of the Alhambra was earlier touted as a gripping sci-fi story about alternate realities fused in a hyped reality game, but we should expect more plot details released as the production gears on.

This highly-anticipated project brings together the creative minds of writer Song Jae Jung, who brilliantly penned fantasy series, Queen In Hyun’s Man, Nine Times Travel, and W: Two Worlds, and director Ahn Gil Ho, who directed Stranger, the Grand Prize television drama winner of 54th Baeksang Arts Awards.

Park Shin-hye said, “I felt good from the day I met the PD Ahn Gil Ho and writer Song Jae Jung, and I am looking forward to seeing the scenes of the shooting, and have a good time reading the script.”

She further adds how Jung Hee Joo is a lovely person, and she is fired up to meet drama followers with her new character.

With her versatility as an actress, Park Shin Hye is set to blend with the positive and clumsy personality of Jung Hee Joo. Her synergy with top actor Hyun Bin will surely radiate an endearing love pairing worthy of anticipation.

Park Shin Hye currently enjoys her first variety show, Little House in the Woods. She last starred with Kim Rae Won in top-rating SBS drama, Doctors.

Memories of Alhambra will be released in the second half of this year.

Credit: Hellokpop

https://medium.com/@hellokpop/park-shin-hye-hints-excitement-for-her-character-in-memories-of-the-alhambra-35273c396d87

• Like 7

‘Memories of Alhambra’ Park Shin Hye, “I got excited reading the script and can’t wait for it” 

Actress Park Shin Hye will return to the small screen for the first time in after two years with her newest drama entitled ‘Memories of Alhambra’ that will air in tvN.

Park Shin Hye who play the role of Jung Hee Joo, the owner of the old hostel in Granada, Spain said to PD Ahn Gil Ho, “I can’t wait to meet him in the filming set”

s1-5-800x445.jpg

She added, “I am so excited show this Jung Hee Joo character charm that completely stunning to all the viewers” and she also said that “I will try to work hard in the filming set. I hope you can support me and this drama”

‘Memories of Alhambra’ told strange story of a man who visited Granada Spain for a business trip and stopped by in an old hostel where he got himself tangled with the owner the of the hostel Jung Hee Joo.

This drama is a work of combination from PD Ahn Gil Ho who is known for his work ‘Secret Forest’ and writer Song Jae Joong who wrote ‘Queen In Hyun’s Men’, ‘Nine times travel’ and ‘W’.

s2-5.jpg

Jung Hee Joo who will be played by Park Shin Hye in the drama is a cheerful character and hardworking one since she has to doo all the part0time jobs to make end meet for her grandmother and her sibling after the death of her parents. One day he met a mysterious man named Yoo jin Woo who suddenly pay a visit to her hostel.

Park Shin Hye who will play the role of Jung Hee Joo said, “Jung Hee Joo will meet a mysterious man who is none other than the key to the strange thing that happened to her.”.

http://my.castko.com/archives/26589

• Like 6

20 hours ago, verit said:

I recommend Secret Garden and Snow Queen. Both of theme is good dramas. I like Hyun Bin in melodrama rather romantic comedy.

Thank you all for the advices! I think I will watch a movie first with HB , then a drama! I kind getting the feeling that he has many really successful movies! :D

• Like 6

Park Shin-hye to show ‘Memories of Alhambra’

• Updated : May 08 2018

Actress Park Shin-hye will star in tvN’s new drama series “Memories of the Alhambra.”

Park is to take the role of a character named Jung Hee-ju, who owns an old hostel in Granada, Spain. Hyun Bin is the other protagonist in the series, playing a mysterious man who visits the hostel on a business trip. 

Park Shin-hye / SALT Entertainment
Alhambra, which means “red palace” in Arabic, is a palace located in the city of Granada, a popular tourist destination. 
The actress is currently traveling in Spain, after having finished the on-location filming. 

“Memories of the Alhambra” is written by scriptwriter Song Jae-jung who is recognized for writing fantasy-romance series such as “Nine: Nine Time Travels,” “W” and “Queen In-hyun’s Man.”

The new fantasy-mystery TV series will air in the second half of the year. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com) 
  • Like 7

I'm so excited that my Binnie is coming back in dramaland, FINALLY! 

I've never imagined Park Shin Hye with Hyun Bin in the many years that i've watched both. This is a very surprising but interesting casting, in a good way. I think Hyun Bin shines the most in romantic comedy dramas but his melodramas are also good though they are not as valued as the romantic ones by the public. Cant wait to see how this one goes. I pray there will be good romantic chemistry between the two because as actors they are perfect to me.

• Like 9

On 5/8/2018 at 12:33 AM, verit said:

hmmmm, let me see :tongue:  Watched Secret Garden, Snow Queen, Sam Soon, Late Autumn, Hyde, A Millionaire’s 1st Love, Confidential Agreement, Ireland.... oh no, am I his fan!  lol

Agree, he can do romcom, angst,, action... CA wows me with the stunts and humor @stroppyse can tell you more if she’s around :lol:

Looking forward to Negotiation.

@maris1  ohmygod.  I swear, that guy was playing the same song when I was there at Park Guell lol .  The song is Quien Sera or in English “Sway” (Michael Buble version is the popular one)  Have never seen PSH in action role so looking forward to it.  HB also does a lot of his own stunts in CA.

BTW, PD Ahn was present to accept the Baeksang Award Daesang for his last drama Stranger. He seemed very close to the cast at the awards show, they still meet regularly to hang out.  I would think everyone will get along nicely in this drama.

• Like 8

Memories of Alhambra confirms Hyun Bin & Park Shin Hye casting

ef5d872e-e420-4870-a3ac-fe401c4c2e14.jpg

Last month we shared Park Shin Hye is considering Hyun Bin's ‘Memories of the Alhambra.’ Yesterday, she confirmed to star in this upcoming tvN drama, which makes the biggest lineup for a K-drama we’ve seen in 2018 so far. “Shin Hye will stage a K-drama comeback after two years of absence through ‘Memories of the Alhambra’,” tvN shared yesterday. For Hyun Bin, this would be his comeback in three years.

"I'm already looking forward to filming this drama, because I loved the script,” The ‘Doctor Crush’ actress told CJ E&M yesterday. “My on-screen character Jung Hee Joo is a bit different from the characters I've done in the past, and I can’t wait to introduce you to her. Please stay tuned!"

In ‘Memories of the Alhambra,’ venture capitalist Yoo Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) travels to Granada, Spain, and spends a night in an old hostel run by Jung Hee Joo (Park Shin Hye). In addition to two of South Korea’s top actors, the ‘Memories of the Alhambra’ team consists of producer Ahn Gil Ho of ‘Stranger (Secret Forest)’ and screenwriter Song Jae Jung of ‘Nine: Nine Time Travels’ and ‘W.’

https://www.dramafever.com/news/memories-of-alhambra-confirms-hyun-bin--park-shin-hye-casting/

• Like 8

On 5/9/2018 at 11:48 PM, stroppyse said:

LOL. I loved Confidential Assignment so much, I even wrote a movie review for it, and posted it to the movie thread, even though I know the movie threads aren't really read by many people. I was a one person spazz machine for that movie. :D 

What is Negotiation? Is that the movie that HB did with Yoo Ji Tae which was released as The Swindlers in English? Or is there another project called Negotiation that I've somehow missed?

I used to think that HB was better at melodrama than comedy since I prefered him in the indie arthouse films he did more than in SeGa. Something about his palpable vulnerability or something. I used to think that he tended to display a fragility to his characters that took them, regardless of the character, into that vulnerability. CA totally changed my mind on him, and perhaps it was his time in the military that changed him somewhat. In CA, he still displayed vulnerability, but now it was overlaid by a swagger and a coat of steel, and some of his stunts were really breathtaking.

Okay, enough spazzing about HB's past projects. I am looking forward to Alhambra, though I'm no longer sure of what I'm expecting to watch. I had thought that it was a fantasy-action-thriller, but I think the fantasy element was dropped, and the plot description seems to be evolving. Still, it seems to be a solid writer-director team, so I"ll have high hopes with a smidgeon of caution. The caution is because of the gorilla drama that I just can't seem to erase out of my mind. :)

Love what you wrote about the movie. I will differently give it a try. I want to be familiar with HB act. It will be my first. But, I sooo love him and Shin Hye together. Visually they can cause a heart attack(lol) , and I am sure the chemistry will be on point! Pray for a good plot, the comments are very promising, fingers cross ! Fighting !:)

• Like 8

On 5/9/2018 at 8:48 PM, stroppyse said:

LOL. I loved Confidential Assignment so much, I even wrote a movie review for it, and posted it to the movie thread, even though I know the movie threads aren't really read by many people. I was a one person spazz machine for that movie. :D 

What is Negotiation? Is that the movie that HB did with Yoo Ji Tae which was released as The Swindlers in English? Or is there another project called Negotiation that I've somehow missed?

Okay, enough spazzing about HB's past projects. I am looking forward to Alhambra, though I'm no longer sure of what I'm expecting to watch. I had thought that it was a fantasy-action-thriller, but I think the fantasy element was dropped, and the plot description seems to be evolving. Still, it seems to be a solid writer-director team, so I"ll have high hopes with a smidgeon of caution. The caution is because of the gorilla drama that I just can't seem to erase out of my mind. :)

Yay, I unleashed your fangirlism :tongue:  Me too, I like HB more in his dramatic roles, he’s a better actor than all his chaebol jerks chatacters.  These days, his look is more rugged and attitude more seasoned (like the older Tom Cruise).  The swagger is still there though, just more manly now.  The Negotiation is his upcoming movie with Son Ye-Jin.

I remember The Alhambra as a place of mystique.  All the inscriptions, epigraphs, carvings in the  palace, we have not yet translated and understood all.  Beneath the palace actually are dungeons where prisoners are kept while on top lived the Sultans. The channels, complex mazes, towers and courtyards were all eloborate.  I always thought that the place is magical cuz how can mortals build something like it.  The drama may have some magical elements, was it supposedly has augmented reality in the beginning? :)

Anyway, looking forward to possibly hearing PSH plays this guitar piece Recuerdos de la Alhambra ( Memories of Alhambra) since her character is a guitarist.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, seiram said:

EXO Chanyeol will reportedly join the cast of tvN drama 'Memories of Alhambra Palace' Younger brother of Park Shin Hye's character, he'd be a genius programmer

http://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=421&aid=0003367197 

cr. @OH_mes

We finally heard about casting. I am surprised for Chanyeol. I didnt expect an idol to be on the cast. But no doubt popularity of the drama will be increasing even more.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, seiram said:

EXO Chanyeol will reportedly join the cast of tvN drama 'Memories of Alhambra Palace' Younger brother of Park Shin Hye's character, he'd be a genius programmer

more info

Yesss im EXO-L here, im surprised to see Chanyeol getting his role for this tvN drama fighting Yeol-ahhh~ :blush:

• Like 9