[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

Jang Hyuk thanks ‘Greasy Melo’ viewers, will be back with new character

On July 17, Jang Hyuk expressed his regrets about the end of the SBS drama "Greasy Melo" through his agency, Sidus HQ.

Jang Hyuk’s comical scenes in the drama make people laugh just by his appearance, yet at the same time he also showed a serious and touching side. He was loved by viewers by playing various genres including comedy, emotional, romance and action.

The following is the interview with Jang Hyuk.

1. Doo Chil-sung is said to be a 'building character'. So which character does Jang Hyuk  want Doo Chil-sung to be now?
- In the words of Doo Chil-sung, 'I searched for my mother over 30,000 miles' The reason why Doo Chil-sung wore suspenders and sunglasses all the time is because I wanted to express the childlike appearance in the amusement park. Since being abandoned at a Chinese restaurant, Doo Chil-sung is forever waiting for his mother, so I thought he might still have a childish disposition in him. He finally met his mom.

2. You displayed bromance with Lee Jun-ho, how does it feel about being loved as bromance?
- In 'Greasy Melo' I think my melo was the bromance. I think it is friendship with a man which was more intense than love. I had fun shooting with Lee Jun-ho.

3. Which was the most memorable scene?
- WhenI went to the hospital to visit my mother and call her "Mom". The sad emotions at the time was most memorable. 

4. I understand that many of your ideas have been reflected to express your character. Which is your favorite?
- Sunglasses and suspenders are the most memorable. I also remember the Chinese robe (Chang Pao) at the middle too. It is a drama based on Chinese food, so I try to use the Chang Pao as an item that can be combined well with the drama while saving the character's personality.

5. What is ‘Greasy Melo’ for Jang Hyuk ?
- I thought that the character ‘Doo Chil-sung’ had a variety of subheadings. For example when he was looking for his mother, when he was a stepping stone for someone, and when he was caring for others like Uncle Kidari. I wondered how I could express these things in a simple but funny way. And it seems that I tried to play with comfort and relaxed mind in the work for a long time.

6. Please give me one last word for the drama lovers.
- Thank you for watching ' Greasy Melo' so far. Through the drama, we have showed you various aspects such as romance and cooking etc. I hope that the meaning of the work is well communicated to you, and I will approach you with a charming character in my next work.

In the photos released, Jang Hyuk struck a Doo Chil-sung's signature '3V' pose with a smile. He also hugged his colleagues in front of the court which was the last filming site.

'Greasy Melo' will end on July 17, and Jang Hyuk will start to shoot new MBC drama 'Bad Papa' scheduled to be broadcast in September.

30000607791_700.jpg

30000607792_700.jpg

http://m.mk.co.kr/entertain/headline/2018/449247

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk then made everyone laugh when he made a '3-fingered V pose' which is a signature pose of Doo Chil-sung.

It's not Doo Chil-Sung's signature pose. It has been Jang Hyuk's signature pose for a while now. :D

32 minutes ago, xcalibur07 said:

So Junho shoot the final scene on the same day of the final episode?? Wow, is it normal for a kdrama to be shoot like this? Isn't it riskier to wait him to come back from Japan to finish shooting? What if something happens, like plane delayed or earth quake hit Japan. Will it affected the final episode? Okay luckily nothing happens but still, I think they need to change their live shooting systems. 

so normal. like daily life. u know, i remember life shoot like this often made crew and cast in hurry for everything. sometimes they cant avoid accident while working. last time, hwyugi crew fhe fell from a height over 3 meters (approximately 9.84 feet) while installing a chandelier from the ceiling late at night at the request of a producer.. so yeah, u have to be strongggggg...:grin:

update from IG

4 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha... but I guess it is the first time he has shown it on screen as a character??

Oh yeah. You are right about that. Hahaha. Because no other character of his would fit that pose better than DCS. :)

I finished watching the episodes with english subs and just let out my frustration in cooking myself a late night snack. Lol! :lol:

I really don't know what the writer is thinking of making Poong and SW go through these crap at the very last couple episodes. Like literally, it's soo frustration. I'm sorry, but I freaken hate her mother and I'm upset at SW isn't telling her mother straight off that she doesn't care of date any other guy and she doesn't care about money, she has changed and Poong is the man for her. Just really frustrated and had to cook to get my steam away. :lol:

Anyways, I cried on the scene of DCS with his mother at the hospital. He secretly turned away, so she won't see him crying. :bawling:

Two more to go, let's see what happens tomorrow or in a couple hours for some of you.

1 hour ago, jhjsw said:

Wow. Park Ji Young is so beautiful. 

And she has curvy body.

Junho's stance in the pic is somewhat similiar to Hyukie and it seems he has also borrowed old clothes from Hyukie.:w00t:

Hyukie where is your ridiculous hat and old t-shirt? His face and neck is so red reminds me of my brother when he was a baby and accidently swallowed an itching insect from a silver oak tree.:lol:

2 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

And she has curvy body.

Junho's stance in the pic is somewhat similiar to Hyukie and it seems he has also borrowed old clothes from Hyukie.:w00t:

Hyukie where is your ridiculous hat and old t-shirt? His face and neck is so red reminds me of my brother when he was a baby and accidently swallowed an itching insect from a silver oak tree.:lol:

Haha I was about to say JH looks Tan and I was expecting a bread cap! Not his usual self nowadays :) 

And over here he looks like he drank :) we know his face turns red easily from drinking !

Archived