[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

41 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Even Dim sum disappear

Here's Dim Sum!

8 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Chil Seong walking with that sunglasses, suit, and hairstyle as the new ceo is so hot

Yes !!! He is!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Oh ok man that so messy nothing about her was explain was it?

I saw a post where her pic updated and said all the best  for future, and thank you for the great work in Wok of Love... 

Wow! It finally ended. I haven't watched the episode besides read about it and watched the clips on youtube. All I know and am glad for is DCS got the hotel and things worked out for Poong.

Honestly to me, it really felt like it was rushed, like soo much happened within these last two episodes and if they didn't cut it, it would have been spread out more nicely. Like more of DCS with his mother and the vet, but yeah.. Anyways, I gotta say it was a nice journey, I really enjoyed the food they cook/eat all the time. Lol! :lol:

We'll see what I think after I watch the last episodes with subtitles. :lol:

You know, I wished that they had more OST to this drama,which they didn't.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로
3 hours ago, AgnesO said:

I just finished episodes 35 & 36 with subs, and.... its so boring.  They spend more than 1/2 of the episodes dragging the love scenes of the leads, which is not necessary at all.  We already know how the outcome will be for these two, so why drag it?  And they cut off the parts which needs development :sweatingbullets:

Man, this show just goes downhill all the way to the end.  And now that I know how the ending will be... its such a disappointment.

Oh wow i just watched episode 35 and 36 with subs in less than maybe 7mins? 

And I totally understand how u felt! 

Ok. Is over. 

This drama was 50% on my watch list because of junho and the comments aren't encouraging so I can just forget about it. Maybe, I will meet him in another drama that I will love to watch like the one he did before this one.

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Poong, I cant with you, baby.  You always make me laugh.

This golden dragon perfectly suits him.

I was just about to say. That golden dragon suit was like tailor for him. It fits perfectly and matched him, too.

“Wok Of Love” Cast Shares Final Thoughts On Drama’s Conclusion

The cast of SBS’s “Wok of Love” thanked viewers and shared their thoughts after the drama’s conclusion.

In a statement released through her agency, Jung Ryeo Won remarked, “I can’t believe it’s the end of ‘Wok of Love.’ It feels bittersweet, and I’m feeling so many different things. I hope people enjoy watching ‘Wok of Love’ until the end. Thank you to the viewers who have given ‘Wok of Love’ a lot of love until now.”

Before the last episode aired, 2PM’s Junho uploaded a photo of himself posing with a small “Wok of Love” poster on his personal Instagram account. He also wrote, “Finished filming ‘Wok of Love’ at 5 a.m. on July 17, 2018. To all the staff members and actors, thank you for all your hard work. See you all later at the wrap party.”

In an interview with news outlet Herald POP, Jang Hyuk talked about his experience filming the drama, delving deeper into his character Doo Chil Sung. He explained, “In one phrase, Doo Chil Sung is like ‘3000 Leagues in Search of Mother’ [a Japanese animated series based on a classic Italian novel]. The reason why we had him always wear suspenders and sunglasses was because we wanted to portray him like a child visiting an amusement park. After being abandoned at a Chinese restaurant, the character has always waited for his mother [to return], so I thought that he would still have some childlike tendencies.”

He continued, “I think there are a lot of sub-themes in Doo Chil Sung as a character. There are a lot of different sides to his story: his journey to find his mother, the way he becomes someone else’s stepping stone, and also his kindness as a sort of guardian angel. While filming, I thought a lot about how to portray these sides to the character in a simple but fun way. I also tried to be comfortable and enjoy myself while filming.”

Jang Hyuk concluded by thanking the viewers of the drama, saying, “Thank you for watching ‘Wok of Love.’ Through the drama, I think I was able to show a variety of sides to myself, including melodrama and cooking. I hope the meaning of the drama was conveyed well, and I will return with another charming character in my next project.”

Jo Jae Yoon also shared his thoughts on the drama’s conclusion through his agency. He commented, “As an actor, I always worry about how to show a different side to myself in each new [production]. I feel like this drama was a drama that allowed me to do that. I enjoyed filming because I was able to show a variety of genres, from action to romance, through one drama. I am happy and thankful that I was able to both act and form new connections with great actors through ‘Wok of Love.'”

He added, “Thank you to the director, writer, and staff members who created a fun drama. Also, thank you to the viewers who watched ‘Wok of Love.’ Every drama is more meaningful when there are viewers who enjoy watching the drama. I will work hard to return with a better drama and a better character in the future. Please look forward to it.”

“Wok of Love” aired its last episode on July 17.

Wok-of-Love-11-e1531862183705.jpg

Jo-Jae-Yoon-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/17/wok-love-cast-shares-final-thoughts-dramas-conclusion/

I thought the writer intended for Poong's ex to have a medical consult in the 2nd floor above hungry wok, but she disappeared at the start so maybe since the first episodes were so criticized she just erased the character... it's clear that the writer changed the script multiple times with some characters disappearing to make a less confusing story and then because of the schedule some actors couldn't continue...it was a mess

I loved Poong, maybe because of junho and his chemistry with JRW was really great, I liked that they gave us more sweet scenes between them but at the same time I think it was like nothing between them at the start and everything at the end while they gave a lot of screen time for DCS and SW at the start and nothing at the end. I even missed more bromance scenes between Poong and DCS and DCS's love interest disappeared too :tears: (I wanted to see him falling in love again)

Anyway I admire junho for making me love a character in such a bad written story,  he should take all the credit for Poong,  same goes for JRW and JH and all the actors

Spoiler

Cr: owner

It's ended already, I still haven't watch the final episode yet. I chose to watch this drama because of Junho. I think he's done a good job though sometimes I rolled my eyes at the storyline. The writer is so lucky to have such a good actors and actresses to make it bearable to watch. Still, this is not the worst kdrama on my list so kudos to everyone.

I'm one of the few here who really love DanPoong chemistry. Maybe because I love both Junho and Ryeowon. I really can't see the huge age gape between them. The way DanPoong looks at each other makes me believe that they really fall in love.

I'm going to miss this drama. I hope Junho will have a new drama soon but maybe it's not going to happen because he already dropped a few hint about his incoming military service TT__TT.

Top comments from Korean netizens after final episode yesterday.

1.    With Jang Hyuk being treated like this, I cannot understand he decided to appear in this drama. It is speechless how the director and scriptwriter can do this to him. (+2846 -164)

2.    Thank you Jang Hyuk for your efforts, it was great acting, Chil-sung was wonderful (+918 -29)

3.    Lee Jun-ho’s acting as Seo Poong was good, he is a trustworthy actor. Please return with a great drama. (+910 -241) 

4.    Chil-sung… at least fix him up with the vet … Are you going to be helping others till your death? (+551 -33)

5.    Thanks to Greasy Melo, I look forward to Mondays. Goodbye Poong, Sae-woo, and Chil-sung too (+248 -51)

6.    Why did Jang Hyuk choose to act in this drama? (+174 -8)

7.    I watched this at the beginning because of Jang Hyuk, but I stopped after seeing Sae-woo together with Poong. Jang Hyuk has not reached the stage to be a second lead yet. (+179 -34)

8.    I watched Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara in ‘Fated to love you’ earlier. Why did Jang Hyuk act in such a drama like ‘Greasy Melo’.. it is such a pity. (+91 -9)

9.    Watched this because of Jang Hyuk, but still so little scenes till the end (+86 -4)

10.    What is the purpose of the vet? It is so random... (+86 -5)

Source https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=117&aid=0003078714

Done with all eps. I am disappointed that they never showed DCS meeting the vet again. Well, at least he is happy with his mom. So cute how they both wore sunglasses sitting at the bench while talking. Other scenes that I love would be Geok Jong and Bora in the kitchen.. They were sooo cute. :D DCS walking as new CEO handsome AF. And the scene where DCS gave Maengdal all the plastered money in the VIP rooms. 

Geok Jong handing Bo-ra a breadstick and said "Do you want some? You've only had breakfast, lunch, and dinner" :lol:

I was happy to see another ChilSum scene.. they gave us that at least. Hahaha. Really gonna miss DCS but not the drama. 

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Top comments from Korean netizens after final episode yesterday.

Seems like most comments are about "Why did Jang Hyuk do this drama?". Aigoo.. the drama already ended but knets are still upset. I'm just happy that other kdrama fans got to know how versatile of an actor he is and he was recognized more.

Hope to see you guys in the Bad Papa thread when it starts. :)

Lee Mi Sook always portray very intense characters. I am so surprised to see her in a comedic role but her dual portrayals was fun to watch. This drama has such a fantastic cast with everyone's favourite genre, food. The characters were so unique, a mafia who struggles to keep his Chinese restaurant, hoping for his mum to visit, a cook who hid in a domestic kitchen, not realising she really belongs to a restaurant kitchen, a chauffeur who kneads better than he drives... ...Interesting? To those who are enticed by the 100+ pages in this thread and ready to start ep.1, you can really finish the whole wok in a few hours.

I wish they could start all over again with a better script.  A lesson learnt, never wok a hunk with a feline.If Dim Sum is acceptable, none of us would be calling out for THAT vet every 30 minutes.

2 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Done with all eps. I am disappointed that they never showed DCS meeting the vet again. Well, at least he is happy with his mom. So cute how they both wore sunglasses sitting at the bench while talking. Other scenes that I love would be Geok Jong and Bora in the kitchen.. They were sooo cute. :D DCS walking as new CEO handsome AF. And the scene where DCS gave Maengdal all the plastered money in the VIP rooms. 

Geok Jong handing Bo-ra a breadstick and said "Do you want some? You've only had breakfast, lunch, and dinner" :lol:

I was happy to see another ChilSum scene.. they gave us that at least. Hahaha. Really gonna miss DCS but not the drama. 

I'm done with the episodes, too and I have to say I'm not that disappointed. It's disappointed that everything felt rushed, but things turned out well. I'm sorry, but I loved it that Poong annoyed the mom and lived with them. Lol! :lol: I was like "Yeah! You go and do that, because they tricked you in the beginning and you didn't get upset about it."

It is a disappointment on a rushed for DCS, but he worked things out with his mother and he GOT THE HOTEL. I was very happy when they got the hotel. (Well, kinda knew they were gonna get it. Lol! :lol:)

But loved what GJ said to BR on "You've only had breakfast, lunch and dinner." :lol::blush:

3 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

It's ended already, I still haven't watch the final episode yet. I chose to watch this drama because of Junho. I think he's done a good job though sometimes I rolled my eyes at the storyline. The writer is so lucky to have such a good actors and actresses to make it bearable to watch. Still, this is not the worst kdrama on my list so kudos to everyone.

I'm one of the few here who really love DanPoong chemistry. Maybe because I love both Junho and Ryeowon. I really can't see the huge age gape between them. The way DanPoong looks at each other makes me believe that they really fall in love.

I'm going to miss this drama. I hope Junho will have a new drama soon but maybe it's not going to happen because he already dropped a few hint about his incoming military service TT__TT.

One of the reason why I'm not disappointed. The actors and actresses worked hard and putting on a great show for us. I'm very sad to let it go and seeing that my Mondays and Tuesdays are gonna be open. Gotta go find a new drama to fill in the spot. 

Saw this on instagram regarding Junho and JRW and I just had to share. I don't really care what is going on.

Credit to instagram owner

Archived