[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No fear of competition from younger actors, Jang Hyuk : My face is my greatest asset

Most male leads in romantic comedies are younger actors in their 20s or early 30s. However 42-year old Jang Hyuk is still receiving offers for acting in romantic comedies such as the current airing ‘Wok of Love’. Even when he acted in ‘Fated to Love You’ 4 years ago, he was already 38 years old then.

When asked about his advantages and charms over younger actors in an email interview, Jang Hyuk said with humor and confidence, "Younger actors have a sense of freshness and vitality. I think my greatest assest is my face, because it is one which people will not forget easily, haha!”

He added on a more serious note, “After acting for so many years, I have acquired knowledge and experience, I know how to work my charm. Also now, I am better at dealing with people, I guess these are my advantages”.

Since acting in ‘Fated to Love You’ in 2014, Jang Hyuk has taken on 2 saguek dramas ‘Shine or Go Crazy’, ‘Gakeju 2015’ as well as 3 modern dramas ‘Beautiful Mind’, ‘Voice’ and ‘Money Flower’, all of which consisted of heavy and complicated characters. This year, he returns to a romantic comedy with ‘Wok of Love’. He said, “Actually I would like to act in more comedies. I think that the challenge in romantic comedies is that in addition to being involved with the story, we need to have good chemistries with the other actors as well.  Most important is the atmosphere at the filming site, like the joyful atmosphere we are enjoying now, everyone can feel it when watching the series."

He also shared about the good working relationsip with his 2 partners Lee Jun-ho and Jung Ryeo-won in the drama. "Jun-ho has a good personality, we talk a lot to each other. Ryeo-won is a charming lady, her personality is similar to the role."

In ‘Wok of Love’, Jang Hyuk plays Doo Chil-sung, a money-lender full of humanity. Originally from a triad, he opens a Chinese restaurant in order to allow his former gang members to have a proper workplace. In the drama, although he likes Jung Ryeo-won, she likes Lee Jun-ho instead.

A lot of mouth-watering delicious Chinese dishes food also appear frequently in this drama. Jang Hyuk said, “I like the Chinese cuisine very much, such as sweet sour pork, dumplings and ma-po beancurd with rice. My favourite is jajyeongmeon”.

Jang Hyuk also revealed that his cooking skills are not bad. “I am best at making New York hotdogs, as well as kimchi pot, fried rabokki and rameon. I even make the soup base myself!” But he also admitted that “I am only good at making those dishes which I had done before, but if you give me a new recipe, it will be a big mess. It is really extreme!”

Because Jang Hyuk acts as the restaurant’s boss in the drama, he does not have the opportunity to enter the kitchen to show off his culinary skills. However he did have a chance to show off his singing and dancing skills in a comical KTV scene. When asked whether singing or dancing is more difficult for him, he said, “Both are hard! But since Doo Chil-sung is a character who does not sing or dance well in the first place, I just need to perform up to his standard!” But Jang Hyuk who had participated in a band during his school days, and even released an album before, reminded the reporter that “Although Doo Chil-sung does not sing or dance well, this does not mean that my singing or dancing is bad, haha!”

Doo Chil-sung is one who cherished his relationship with his brothers, and Jang Hyuk is similar so in real life. His good friends in the entertainment circle include Kim Jong-kook, Cha Tae-hyun, Hong  Kyung-min and Hong Kyung-in. Last year, these 5 friends born in the same year went on a 6 days 5 nights trip through the variety program ‘Dragon's Club’ and showed viewers their stong bond with each other.

Talking about this program, Jang Hyuk said, “We had know each other for more than 20 years, and it is unbelievable we still have so many things to chat about. Perhaps it is because that was the first time we went out together for so many days, so we really chatted a lot.” Jang Hyuk also added, “We used to see each other a lot, but now everyone is getting busier and we have our own families, there are less opportunities to meet up. We managed to reminisce a lot during this trip, and shared a lot of our inner feelings. ‘Dragon's Club’ is a very precious experience for me.”

ZB_0711_CJ_doc70y2wc75f761k3s2yp1r_10144

Translated by : prettysup

Source https://www.zaobao.com.sg/zentertainment/k-pop/story20180711-874258

10 hours ago, Prettysup said:

My face is my greatest asset

Jang Hyuk also revealed that his cooking skills are not bad

this does not mean that my singing or dancing is bad, haha

Lol. Few months ago he said his face has strong character that's why he can only pull off limited characters.^_^

I can't believe him. My experience says no matter how hard he tries cooking/singing are just not his things.:sweatingbullets:

Sorry, I don't know if anyone had shared this, but it keeps popping up on instagram with tons of picture of BTS of Junho as Seo Poong. Thought I share it.

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=16266472&memberNo=24348166

13 hours ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

i read caption. it said ALMOST FINISH! do u think they shoot last EP.

omg!!! next week their last EP. gonna miss them so much

I'm not ready to let go of greasy melo. There wasn't enough bromance as I was expecting and I felt like towards the end now that it's being rushed and lots of things were left out getting us to questions what happened. Eitherway, I gotta say I enjoyed the drama overall, especially the character development of Poong and DCS. Those two had the best character development in the story. (Just my opinion.) :D

8 hours ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

do u think live shoot already done?

Not yet, if u see the post I shared the previous page by Joo Jae Yoon, he said 3 more days of filming. So depending how u count, it could only end today or tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Not yet, if u see the post I shared the previous page by Joo Jae Yoon, he said 3 more days of filming. So depending how u count, it could only end today or tomorrow. 

yes thank so much for information

10 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Sorry, I don't know if anyone had shared this, but it keeps popping up on instagram with tons of picture of BTS of Junho as Seo Poong. Thought I share it.

thank you for information.

So... that last episode, more precisely, the preview for episode 35: 

Spoiler

Are we supposed to think they "did it" From the image we could see a little bit of her bare leg under the blanket, whereas the last image of episode 34 had her sleeping in her clothes. 

What do you think?

New BTS

201807141015767546_1.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201807141015767546&ext=na

30 minutes ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

live shoot is hectic shoot / filming

btw but Evil CEO said in his IG. "Today his last Shoot for Wok Of Love"

They don't finish at the same day. LJH finished a few days ago, but JH and some of the others will finish theirs today. 

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

So... that last episode, more precisely, the preview for episode 35: 

Hide contents

Are we supposed to think they "did it" From the image we could see a little bit of her bare leg under the blanket, whereas the last image of episode 34 had her sleeping in her clothes. 

What do you think?

I'm surprised and wondering because I'm thinking that she would fall asleep while Poong was talking to her, given how she half-slept through his carrying her, brushing her teeth, etc. That said if my sweetheart, in my semi-sleep, told me, "Sleep with me" as suavely as Poong did, the risk of a heart attack from hearing these words would surely wake me up for good

From my experience with kdramas, I would think they didn't. If they would sleep with each other, it could at least have ended with a kiss. I'm guessing on the next ep, DSW will fall asleep. But if it does happen, then this is the first time I've seen such a thing in dramas.

In kdramas, an episode that ends with an almost kissing scene means that it does not happen at all. The kiss does not really happen in the next episode. Either something interrupts them or one of them deciding not to kiss. That's what I've noticed. Like in FTLY, Secret Love, and many more. It's the same thing with sleeping together scenes I guess.

Yeah, I'm watching too many kdramas. :D

49 minutes ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

live shoot is hectic shoot / filming

Thank you for the explanation.

21 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

New BTS

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201807141015767546&ext=na

They don't finish at the same day. LJH finished a few days ago, but JH and some of the others will finish theirs today. 

WAAHHHH! It's ending. :bawling:

Cast Of “Wok Of Love” Can’t Stop Laughing On Set In New Behind-The-Scenes Stills

There are just four episodes left till the finale of SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Wok of Love” and the drama has been delighting viewers by cooking up a story of romance, friendship, and delicious food.

One component that has added more spice to the story has been the chemistry between the actors. 2PM’s Junho (Seo Poong), Jang Hyuk (Doo Chil Sung), and Jung Ryeo Won (Dan Sae Woo) have worked together well to bring to life believable romances and bromances. They teamed up with a strong supporting cast that includes Lee Mi Sook, Park Ji Young, Im Won Hee, and Jo Jae Yoon to create a fun story.

With just four episodes till the drama comes to an end, the production staff of “Wok of Love” has released new behind-the-scenes stills from the drama. The actors can be seen having a blast on set, from posing cutely at the camera or bursting into laughter at something someone said. The photos reflect just how fun and engaging the atmosphere is for the cast and crew, and it has been said that laughter never left the set.

“Wok of Love” has been telling the story of love, friendship, and food amidst the backdrop of a neighborhood Chinese restaurant. The next two episodes will air on July 16 at 10 p.m. KST.

Check out the first episode of “Wok of Love” if you haven’t already! Viki is also offering a 40 percent off sale for early access and ad-free HD viewing of “Wok of Love.” You can learn more here.

Wok-of-Love2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/13/cast-wok-love-cant-stop-laughing-set-new-behind-scenes-stills/

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Cast Of “Wok Of Love” Can’t Stop Laughing On Set In New Behind-The-Scenes Stills

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/13/cast-wok-love-cant-stop-laughing-set-new-behind-scenes-stills/

It's sad to see them go, but I'm glad they had a fun time filming.

Let's hope this coming up Monday, the last 4 episodes will explain everything for us, like the missing horse, maknae kkangpae, ex-wife, and everything else. :D

Archived