[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

2 hours ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

i think if u want, u can still ship jang hyuk and his wife.

Yeah JH has dated his non-celebrity wife for 6 years before and they were now happily married couples for 10 years! :blush:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First comes first - I hope the discussion about shipping can stop... I hope we will not get a warning because we are here to talk about the Drama not about the Actor or Actress only - for most of them there is a place here too for that.

I learned that before - I got the warning. (:phew:)

My 5 cents fot that topic - I hope for actors or idols just that they can have a good life and find there personal luck . A relationship which needs to be ended bcause in the end it doesn´t work should not be a scandal and they should be able to meet someone and find out about there feelings. I only want great Dramas and great Music and okay yes handsome Guys. :DWe will never been able to meet even one of them.

And now for the Drama.

Really those parents. I hope Daddy will get shocked when he finds out that Poong is the Hyung from his Life Saver. They are so stupid - A Man who loves her daughter even in hard times will not leave in good times. Its so unfair - Poong never had a real family - the man who treated him like a son is the dead father of the woman who betrayed him (by the way that she is somehow not even a part of the story anymore is strange for me. They should show her at least from time to time with the ceo or did they already broke up?)

I had hopes for Daddy - who should have learned a lesson about having nothing. But ahhh - that man is just a fool too.

I got angry when Knife and Noodles Part told them honestly how they feel about finding a work. They did not even tried to understand them. Thats not family. My Wife will be lonely without her toys - so keep them or what?

A Kitchen really can be war. I know that - I worked in a smaller one for a little time. Everyone must work together and mistakes can ruin a lot. I understand that there is not a lot time to eplain Sae Woo things when guests are waiting. And Poong knows it the best - that was the lessons he had to learn. He must have been to all of this and he knows how hard it will be. He warned her. And yes - he can´t just interfere that easily. But the once friend than traitor gone too far. He let out all his anger on Sae Woo. Hope he will soon be able to see her good points and learn to respect her.

Poong is such a wellmade character. Again - we can clearly see that it is hard for him to take Sae Woo in the kitchen - but its her will. We can see clearly that he is hurted when Daddy told him to send her out of his kitchen - but even he wished for the parents to like him - he follows what is right. He is ready to fight for this love as long as Sae Woo loves him. But it must be hard for him.

Our wonderful DCS have to go to more hardship - I don´t really get why that is needed. I - from the start - did not liked the choice of actress for his mother (not because I don´t like her but why not one of the amzing older ladys they have - for me that would feel more natural. And why for both Mothers...) That was the only point I had my trouble with before - and now I am kinda used to it they create that storyline.

Writers have there preferences - I know that best for me its Musicians  - bot Amnesia and Cancer is something noone should have as a preferences. As you ask me.

Where was the vet this time? Just to ask and the horse is still missing too...

And on top of all that questions - why is my holiday trip next week... Omo.... You must rescue me next week and give a lot of spoiler here - please...

1 hour ago, Mau_Cherry said:

And on top of all that questions - why is my holiday trip next week... Omo.... You must rescue me next week and give a lot of spoiler here - please...

LOL. Don't worry. I am pretty sure there will be a lot of spoilers here. :D

Another question is where is Poong's ex-wife? If there is anyone in this drama that I need to see suffer, it's not DCS, it should be her. Now where is she? :D

19 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Another question is where is Poong's ex-wife? If there is anyone in this drama that I need to see suffer, it's not DCS, it should be her. Now where is she? :D

Yes - I asked that question too..  As I said - I can´t understand it that chars just vanish. Maybe I am too much into details... CEO mentioned her when he came to Hungry Wok to get Poong back. He offered to break up with her for Poong to came back - and Poong of course got really angry about that. From that sentence we might know that Dal Hee somehow is still around CEO - but that was all and that is not enough for me. It would have helped to just see her leaving the room before a scene with CEO just to not forget about her. Maybe she took the horse and went on vacation because they both feel sad about beeing forgotten.

5 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Yes - I asked that question too..  As I said - I can´t understand it that chars just vanish. Maybe I am too much into details... CEO mentioned her when he came to Hungry Wok to get Poong back. He offered to break up with her for Poong to came back - and Poong of course got really angry about that. From that sentence we might know that Dal Hee somehow is still around CEO - but that was all and that is not enough for me. It would have helped to just see her leaving the room before a scene with CEO just to not forget about her. Maybe she took the horse and went on vacation because they both feel sorry about beeing forgotten.

I am also into drama details so I saw a lot of loopholes in this one. 

Wouldn't it be better if she was part of the hospital people who were eating at the competition? So she can see how Poong is doing so well without her. The horse is totally forgotten. 

1 hour ago, kamkrna said:

Characters having cancer or some sort of disease is like the salt of K drama land... Writers are so fond of it and will sprinkle it in all their dishes as per their taste :D :D :D 

I swear for as long as I've been watching kdrama for who knows how many years or decades, I've always hated the whole CANCER. Like it's stupid and yes, just like you said it's the SALT of kdramaland and they gonna sprinkle salt in their food for flavors. :lol::lol::lol:

@Mau_Cherry and @jhjsw See, I'm wondering about the same thing, too. Like where's the horse at? Uh.. hello, it had cancer and it was being treated, where is it? Then yes, the ex-wife, where is she? She's not with the CEO anymore? There's a lot of questions and I was hoping that they didn't cut off 2 episodes, because there seems to be a lot of explaining that is needed, but I feel like the last 4 episodes is going to be Poong trying to prove it to SW's parents that he's worthy. 

1 minute ago, jhjsw said:

Wouldn't it be better if she was part of the hospital people who were eating at the competition? So she can see how Poong is doing so well without her. The horse is totally forgotten. 

I would of loved it if she ate during the competition, too. She called Poong a low chef who was going to be making jajangmyeon his whole life. Now he's the master chef. It wouldn't been great to rub it in her face.

9 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Hm - nice idea - or she sit besides CEO when they tried - or at least she sneaks in because she wants to know. Yes - I want her to regret what she did - and I want her to see the falling of CEO and the rising of Poong and her loosing everything like Poong did before. Right she is in the Hospital - that would have fit.

For the Horse - i would have liked it to have a litle scene at the end of each episdoe like a running gag - just a minute  with it. Maybe even after the Music and Preview.

Leave the horse aside Sae Woo even forgot her dad. For a normal person romance hardly would be priority when his/her dad is wrongfully imprisoned. What did she do for her dad? What did her mother do for her husband? They even didn't look remotely worried about it.

Though drama doesn't make much sense but still it was impossible for me to believe that super rich people ended up working in the kitchen of a  small eatery because they lost their family money !  

In the start I loved Saw Woo a lot for her horse and family love as well as her portrayal by JRW but writer messed her character in between. Likewise the writer messed up her mom, dad, Seol Ja and pretty much everyone.

For the gum lady I knew from the start she would have cancer or other deadly disease because this writer loves cancer and gum lady always squealed that she would die soon. I think that's why she started showing up at the eatery to be able to see her son in her last days.

Greasy Melo : Lim Won-hee, the villian's tears

Lim Won-hee's tears stirred the hearts of the home viewers. 

In SBS's Mon/Tue drama " Greasy Melo, " Wang Choon-soo (Lim Won-hee) began a breathtaking cooking battle with his counterpart, Junho. Feeling triumphant after winning the first round, he skipped a few wine showers and cooked it because of his short time in the second round.

Wang finally admitted his final defeat and decided to leave the Finishing Touch restaurant as he promised, and burst into tears. His tears reminded viewers of his passion as a chef who poured out his culinary career in Finishing Touch, adding to the audience's sense of immersion.

In the last broadcast, Lim conveyed her sorrow for having given up as the main chef at Finishing Touch restaurant in a solid performance to the home theater. In particular, the popularity of TV viewers who were upset by Lim's tears immediately after the broadcast has become a hot topic of conversation. 

Lim Won-hee, who took over the home theater with his exceptional performance, is active by appearing on SBS's show " The Ugly Duckling. "

201807110901837549_1.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201807110901837549&ext=na

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Greasy Melo : Lim Won-hee, the villian's tears

Lim Won-hee's tears stirred the hearts of the home viewers. 

In SBS's Mon/Tue drama " Greasy Melo, " Wang Choon-soo (Lim Won-hee) began a breathtaking cooking battle with his counterpart, Junho. Feeling triumphant after winning the first round, he skipped a few wine showers and cooked it because of his short time in the second round.

Wang finally admitted his final defeat and decided to leave the Finishing Touch restaurant as he promised, and burst into tears. His tears reminded viewers of his passion as a chef who poured out his culinary career in Finishing Touch, adding to the audience's sense of immersion.

In the last broadcast, Lim conveyed her sorrow for having given up as the main chef at Finishing Touch restaurant in a solid performance to the home theater. In particular, the popularity of TV viewers who were upset by Lim's tears immediately after the broadcast has become a hot topic of conversation. 

Lim Won-hee, who took over the home theater with his exceptional performance, is active by appearing on SBS's show " The Ugly Duckling. "

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201807110901837549&ext=na

Thanks for the translation... Though I didn't like his character, I understood the way he broke up at last after the defeat... If anyone has noticed, he always tried to become superior and he never accepts anyone's suggestions... He first rejected Poong when he modified the taste by pouring wine and give a fiery taste to the dish which he confirmed ok to serve. It is like he was so egoistic and self-centered... But at the same time, he was cunning and crooked to steal other's works without giving them credit... For example, the way used the same technique which Poong used in the final cooking match. He doesn't approve new innovations in cooking (when Poong served his Chinese dish with a crispiness which can be eaten using fork and spoon) and always not confident enough of his cooking skills though he was more experienced than Poong in this field. But however if we take Poong, he was always trying his way out in creating new things, pleasant attitude to serve his customers with an understanding about how they would feel of his dishes (the owner of the hospital visited and tasted the noodles and cocktail... it was a light meal prepared by Poong by considering that the customer had already had his stomach full at hotel giant). Even when his recipe book was stolen, he tried to do something new with the help of someone he trusts. Also, Poong is very confident about his skills and didn't shatter after he got kicked out of the hotel. Coming to the context, here Lim Won Hee cried out of shame that he got defeated by Poong also he seems to feel sad that he lost everything including his job, fame and his girlfriend (he touched his picture with Seol Ja) who he has abandoned for his career.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPl8oAiXL79lbfJjis3PErCAdj.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgI-dvuk7mbGq_R01hoWL

Friendships...                                                    Family...                                                                  LOVE...

The beauty of this drama is the uniqueness in how the story itself isn't focused totally on it's OTP in fact there are moments it's blurred by the sweetness of friendships and the struggles and bonds of family.

I love that this writer shows the mixture of real life and that often as much as a couple wants to focus only on themselves and their new found love.  It's often easier said than done for the outside forces and struggles of others pulling at you can become burdensome and painful as well. 

Friends....

CS is like a Godfather not the usual gangster kind but the Fairy Godfather kind.  Whose heart is much bigger than he lets on.  He truly cares for those around him and friendship runs deep within his heart.  He see everything and yet he loves anyway and works behind the scenes to make others dreams and yes even wishes come true.  He doesn't need a female partner to make him great he stands amazingly well on his own...

Family...

I honestly was hoping that SW's Dad would be different than he is and I knew it when he and her Mom were sitting there dealing with SJ & GJ.  Listening to them talk about their desires to follow Poong and their heartfelt reasons why after so many years of faithfulness to that family and it was as if SW's parents weren't even listening to them.  To me it was heartbreaking and unbelievably selfish on their part.  They didn't care about their excitement, wants or desires.  They only cared about themselves and I knew then Poong was in trouble...

Love..

The last moments are my favorite thus far because they were simply beautiful .  Mainly because you could see and feel Poongs pain in having to watch the woman he so loves being hurt and having to stand there and control his heart while just the view of her being treated like that was crushing him inside.

The sight of him looking at her humbled and huddled up on that kitchen table tired and completely worn from her first days battle inside & out.  I felt even myself sigh in feeling so sorry for her.  Yet hearing her vow to return the next day with that soft smile of hers as if nothing could stand in her way.  I wondered to myself what an amazing character full of courage and strength even more as odd as it sounds I wondered if her EX ever really knew just what he could have had but willingly let slip away...

I feel the same way about Poongs Ex too!!!  Because when he offered SW his back and then carried her to the room.  It was his tenderness and gentleness in knowing the battle that was raging within his mind and heart.  In just wanting to be with her but at the same time wanting to protect her from himself and his desires as well.  When he closed the door and started to walk away.  I can't deny my cheering when he turned back the other way....

Of all things to think of brushing ones teeth was a surprise but in trying to wake her up, make her aware of the situation I couldn't help but laugh in thinking about his heart that must have been pumping even then so very fast.  Even in those last perfect moments the words between them seemed to have a rhythm back and forth.  Dreaming or reality all their own.  Yet hearing Poong almost pleading with her to please stay awake.  It's as if his heart was about to burst and I might add so was mine!

When he finally said what it was that was in his heart and mind.

" Sleep With Me"

8 hours ago, jhjsw said:

I read somewhere in IG post that she left the drama... but i dont remember where I read this...  Also not sure whether it is true

I would prefer an ending with the Hungry Wok Gang going back to the small kitchen. There is a serious loss of camaraderie in the hotel kitchen and the young hotelier doesn't deserve the best kitchen team... ... it just didn't make sense for the chef to work for someone who made him a cuckold :(:(

26 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

And @Prettysup DCS continues to look sad. 

JH took this role because he wanted something light before his next heavy role. But in the end.... I only saw the lighter parts in the early episodes. 

First few episodes were funny. But then we learn that:

- DSW will never return his feelings

- His dad died when he was a baby. 

- He was abandoned at a Chinese restaurant by his mom

- He was ridiculed by police officers because his mom didn't pay $2.

- He never had the chance to go to military because he was adopted.

- His mom has been fighting cancer almost all her life and now that she came back, it got worse again.

You guys want more? :D

I also thought this would be a light role for him. But I guess not. I thought he is a gangster now because he chose to be. But I can't help but think that he had to be a gangster to survive because he doesn't have a choice.

Guest mywebfoot
18 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Vet hanging out with ex-wife and Buster. 

Maknae gangster having wild affair with one of them. Choose. >.<

Jokes aside - great posts @Mau_Cherry and @USAfarmgirl

I think this show deserves so much more love than it's been getting. 

Love Poong and his mix of stubbornness, purpose and vulnerability

Love DCS (and who are we kidding, really Jang Hyuk) and his story of middling gangster to #1 champion on the inside

Love DSW and how she shows up all these strong characters around her with her ability to bend and not break. 

Archived