[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

In the middle, I liked Sae Woo character, since she was clear enough to shut Chill Sung with advancing with feelings for her... Later, her character of feeling jealous that Poong loves Chill Sung more, walking right away to Chill Sung and asking him to speak to Poong not to be rude for her family, not revealing the secret of they are family working in Poong's kitchen, "your back is mine " ( maybe OTP couple supporters enjoy... but for me it is all plain and boring), and many more... It was too annoying and boring... making me wanna fast forward but I can't do in a live stream.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, kamkrna said:

In the middle, I liked Sae Woo character, since she was clear enough to shut Chill Sung with advancing with feelings for her... Later, her character of feeling jealous that Poong loves Chill Sung more, walking right away to Chill Sung and asking him to speak to Poong not to be rude for her family, not revealing the secret of they are family working in Poong's kitchen, "your back is mine " ( maybe OTP couple supporters enjoy... but for me it is all plain and boring), and many more... It was too annoying and boring... making me wanna fast forward but I can't do in a live stream.

You are not alone my friend. I feel the same way. Just here for our dear Hyukie and I kinda like Jun Ho too. This is the first time I watched JRW and it's not a good impression. <_< 

7 hours ago, kamkrna said:

Like I really dislike it when she wanted to keep her and Poong's relationship a secret. I understand she was trying to get her family to like and accept him before she announces it, but her family just got more and more worst. I really had expectation that when the father came out he would of learn some lessons and accept Poong, but doesn't seem like he will and wants them to break up. I hope tomorrow's episodes Poong puts some senses into her father or at least DCS shows it that money isn't everything to this family. (Sorry, just how I feel)

1 hour ago, jhjsw said:

You are not alone my friend. I feel the same way. Just here for our dear Hyukie and I kinda like Jun Ho too. This is the first time I watched JRW and it's not a good impression. <_< 

I'm the same, chingu. I was here because of Jang Hyuk and Junho, big fan of both men. I have never seen any of JRW's drama/movies. Like I knew who she was and seen clips of the dramas/movies she was in. 

1 hour ago, jhjsw said:

You are not alone my friend. I feel the same way. Just here for our dear Hyukie and I kinda like Jun Ho too. This is the first time I watched JRW and it's not a good impression.

12 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Like I really dislike it when she wanted to keep her and Poong's relationship a secret. I understand she was trying to get her family to like and accept him before she announces it, but her family just got more and more worst. I really had expectation that when the father came out he would of learn some lessons and accept Poong, but doesn't seem like he will and wants them to break up. I hope tomorrow's episodes Poong puts some senses into her father or at least DCS shows it that money isn't everything to this family. (Sorry, just how I feel)

12 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I'm the same, chingu. I was here because of Jang Hyuk and Junho, big fan of both men. I have never seen any of JRW's drama/movies. Like I knew who she was and seen clips of the dramas/movies she was in. 

I think we have complain to writer-nim. she made the story and plot sometimes lil bit absurd

Rye Won is one of my most favourite actress in K drama world and she was so adorable in the starting eps. After that writing went downhill and JRW smiled way too much for my liking. But I know she is so good otherwise so I'll not judge her for this childish role. 

All of the cast is so good but the writing is so poor. I expected better from this writer. 

'Greasy Melo',  Jang Hyuk and Lee Mi-sook's teary meeting

Jang Hyuk has portrayed the character Doo Chil-sung through various relationships, such as the bromance with Seo Poong (Lee Junho), the one-sided crush on Dan Sae-woo (Jung Ryeo-won) as well as the loyalty towards Oh Maeng-Dal (Jo Jae-yoon) and his brothers. 

Above all, his relationship with her mother Kim Sun-nyeo (Lee Mi-sook) drew attention, making viewers feel sad. " I want to be raised by my mom at least once. Even now, I want you to raise me, " said Doo Chil-sung, who accepted Kim. 

But Kim left him, leaving behind a letter. While searching for his mother, Doo Chil-sung was sad to learn the reason why she left him and why she hid herself from him. She was diagnosed with liver cancer. The scene of Doo Chil-sung hesitating to enter the hospital room was even more disturbing, raising questions about the future developments. 

Meanwhile, the production team of  'Greasy Melo'  predicted a heart-breaking hospital room meeting between the two of them, before the airing on July 16. In the photo, although Doo Chil-sung is with Kim, he didn't have the heart to look at his mother and turn his back towards her. His mournful eyes and attempts to hold back tears seem to reveal his inner feelings, making it more heart-wrenching.

Although Doo Chil-sung said that he is used to being unloved, but the truth is he yearned to be loved. It is a great sadness for Doo Chil-sung that his mother is now sick. It is not known what is the conversation between them, but viewers hope that the drama will be happier than anyone else. The production team said, "The dialogue between Jang and Lee will be moving. The two actors were immersed in the emotions of the characters and gave it a hot performance.  I ask you to have a lot of expectations and attention. "

201807161311001910_1.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201807161311001910

55 minutes ago, light0312 said:

Yes, just heard news that Junho flew back to Korea after his concerts to finish filming. Boy, boy, that's tiring. Poor him.

Credit to instagram owner

Seems like the still for the new episodes. Master Poong is cooking and MSS is not in the picture, did he resign or Poong fired him? DSW is the fire part assistant.

Credit to instagram owner

59 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Seems like the still for the new episodes. Master Poong is cooking and MSS is not in the picture, did he resign or Poong fired him? DSW is the fire part assistant.

A slightly edited preview has been released today where San Seong is shown having an argument with Poong and storming out of the locker room. So he probably got himself fired (or actually decided to leave on his own, given how unhappy Poong looks there). Also, on these stills we can't see a single person from the original hotel kitchen crew. I wonder if they followed Sam Seong's example and rage-quit or something.

5 hours ago, jhjsw said:

That escalated quickly from "I don't like her character" to "I don't like the actress". I like Jung Ryeo Won since My Name is Kim Sam Soon, where she was actually the second lead, and I've watched most of her dramas. I even made the effort of watching a saeguk - which I rarely do. Nevertheless, while I like the actress, I haven't liked all her roles. I found her character frustrating in Bubblegum, and, as @kamkrna was saying, her character frustrating in WoL, is also frustrating but I loved her character in King of Dramas, Witch's Court, Ja Myung Go and more. I also think that, given the way her character was written, she is also doing a good job in WoL.

@jhjsw I am not saying you also have to like her. ;)

I was thinking about her character being written as somehow childish, as @fiesty8001 pointed out, and I was wondering if that is not in order to hide the 9 years age gap between her and Jun Ho. Or she has the tendency to write her female characters are more childish. I have also felt it in Pasta, Miss Korea and Jealousy Incarnate. Or... rather than childish, should I say immature? Or was she trying too hard to depict the way sheltered rich women are? I was thinking that SW's mother is even worse than her.

@monalisa to show LSM's acting skills? To cover for her otherwise lack of screen time? We can only guess but, as @Shosi_for_9 said, we cannot know how the negotiations went.

1 hour ago, monalisa said:

What is the reason for having Lee mi-sook play DCS's mother and DSW's mom?

Maybe the director first offered her the role of DSW’s mother but she finds it not challenging enough, then later he added DCS’s mother to the offer to entice her? Haha I dunno just my guess.

Anyway a pic posted by cast 

1 hour ago, Hannahmiriam said:

That escalated quickly from "I don't like her character" to "I don't like the actress". I like Jung Ryeo Won since My Name is Kim Sam Soon, where she was actually the second lead, and I've watched most of her dramas. I even made the effort of watching a saeguk - which I rarely do. Nevertheless, while I like the actress, I haven't liked all her roles. I found her character frustrating in Bubblegum, and, as @kamkrna was saying, her character frustrating in WoL, is also frustrating but I loved her character in King of Dramas, Witch's Court, Ja Myung Go and more. I also think that, given the way her character was written, she is also doing a good job in WoL.

Apologies for not making myself clearer.  It's not that I don't like her as an actress. I really like her smile and her bubbly aura. What I meant was I don't like the character she is playing so I didn't see anything special about her in this drama. She didn't really catch my attention but it doesn't mean that I dislike her.  If it's the first time I saw an actor/actress and I didn't like the character they are playing, then I am not gonna be looking forward to or should I say hyped about their next. But it also doesn't mean that I won't watch them again. Not sure if I am making myself clear. 

57 minutes ago, Hannahmiriam said:

we cannot know how the negotiations went.

its all about money money and money :D:D:D

57 minutes ago, Hannahmiriam said:

hat escalated quickly from "I don't like her character" to "I don't like the actress". I like Jung Ryeo Won since My Name is Kim Sam Soon, where she was actually the second lead, and I've watched most of her dramas. I even made the effort of watching a saeguk - which I rarely do. Nevertheless, while I like the actress, I haven't liked all her roles. I found her character frustrating in Bubblegum, and, as @kamkrna was saying, her character frustrating in WoL, is also frustrating but I loved her character in King of Dramas, Witch's Court, Ja Myung Go and more. I also think that, given the way her character was written, she is also doing a good job in WoL.

I was thinking about her character being written as somehow childish, as @fiesty8001 pointed out, and I was wondering if that is not in order to hide the 9 years age gap between her and Jun Ho. Or she has the tendency to write her female characters are more childish. I have also felt it in Pasta, Miss Korea and Jealousy Incarnate. Or... rather than childish, should I say immature? Or was she trying too hard to depict the way sheltered rich women are? I was thinking that SW's mother is even worse than her.

I found some people who complain about her character either in IG or Twitter. Some said she downgrade her character. She so good in Wc. but now, seems ppl like.. "WTF" maybe they hate childish character.

well, once again. i can't complain it. coz, she just capture her character like what writer-nim, pd-nim or director-nim said to her. the story tell it all. she can't do anything. already signed a contract cast as one of lead in WOL (it's like forced to signed. since technicaly under SME). hahaha

i hate SM E. hufff... i hope she will move out from keyeast like han ye seul did. :D

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Yes, just heard news that Junho flew back to Korea after his concerts to finish filming. Boy, boy, that's tiring. Poor him.

So filming not yet done. Waaaaaa... well oh OK. so tiring.

8 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

L I hope tomorrow's episodes Poong puts some senses into her father or at least DCS shows it that money isn't everything to this family. (Sorry, just how I feel)

I really hope it would not be DCS who would come to the rescue again.  He has been the light to so many people already, while getting hurt by the woman who knows only how to receive (sorry to put it this way, but that's how i feel towards SW).  Let the 2 leads solve their own love problems and leave DCS out of it, pls.

Archived