[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

I didn't even need to know Korean to follow the trailer! Yay! Ji Sung and Han Ji Min married life looked really miserable. I like that it looks like Ji Sung is with Kang Hana's character in his new present. Maybe his "What if" since she was his first love and it appears he was trying to stop her from leaving but didn't make it because he helped Han Ji Min in the subway. So in his new life he has sexy times and a more successful career but there's a little thing called fate and one coin left which should make things interesting and poignant. 

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I didn't like tomorrow with you as much. I am not sure if the trailer is misleading or not, but it does seem like he has a new wife. It look like ji min is also hitting it off wirh his best friend. Please bring on the petty jealousy antics:tounge_wink:.

New k-drama poll around the corner. Click down below to get to the thread to get further explanations. Have fun and enjoy! :D

Tomorrow with you is also offered to ji min way back. And as I watched that drama, i thought that it was a blessing in disguise that ji min did not accept it lol. No issues with the cast, its the story which is the main problem. It is a bit different with go back couple, i love that drama:wub: so it is a good thing that i can feel go back couple vibes in this. Not sure if the new wife is his first love since they did not show the face lol. It will be a bit different if he is already married in his new present. I hope that it is only a fling or gf thing lol

I hope i am not spoiling the drama, below is my feel...

I believed i am going to have many laugh out loud moment with ji sung and then teary when i see the struggle of ji min.

With the more lengthy ji min insights, it feels that Ji Min is struggling to be mother, wife and work (think many working mum will feel this).  She feels lonely although she has a husband because she feels the support from him is weak.

For ji sung, it feels the moment he saw his first love... he reminded himself of his lost of love because of ji min.  What if moment.  He thoughts his life will not be abused by wife if she is not his wife to start.

I felt both married and single ji min feels very lonely.  I felt married ji sung feels no love by wife anymore and is happy with the new life during the sudden magic until he see his not wife is his superior??

Excited of next Wed! :D

What i like about this writer is her dramas are mostly family oriented and with a heart. Watching her 2 last dramas has been a joy so i have high hopes on this. The only downside as they say is time travel dramas shown previously is not rating very well except for go back couple, feedback is good for that drama. Jang na ra has been praised for her acting. I hope the same for ji min for this:wub: can't wait for wednesday. 3 years of waiting should be worth it lol

“Familiar Wife” Reveals 1st Glimpse Of Han Ji Min And Ji Sung’s Wedding

Han-_Ji-_Min-_Ji-_Sung2.jpg

tvN’s upcoming drama “Familiar Wife” has unveiled a sneak peek of its romantic wedding scene!

See Also: Ji Sung And Jang Seung Jo Are Handsome Businessmen In Upcoming Drama "Familiar Wife"

On July 27, the drama released new stills of its two stars, Ji Sung and Han Ji Min, making a gorgeous couple at the altar. The actors show undeniable chemistry as a bride and groom, with Ji Sung looking adorably giddy as he gazes into Han Ji Min’s eyes.

Even though the wedding scene was the very first scene that Ji Sung and Han Ji Min filmed together for the drama, the two stars reportedly took no time at all to look effortlessly at ease with one another.

Ji Sung commented, “[Han Ji Min] is a warm actress who makes you smile just from looking at her. Because we had to become a married couple from our very first shoot, I was worried about whether we’d be able to portray [our characters’] closeness and intimacy, but we worked so well together that we were both relieved.”

Han Ji Min similarly remarked, “I think we understood each other very well from the first shoot. We had to film a wedding and a kiss scene from the very beginning of filming, but I think that we were able to capture a natural chemistry, so I’m looking forward to [the scene].”

Director Lee Sang Yeob added, “We expressed the subtleties of Ji Sung’s and Han Ji Min’s emotions, without missing a single gaze or breath.” He also praised the two actors’ remarkable chemistry, explaining, “Even though this is their first time working together on a production, they are showing surprising teamwork that makes it seems as though they’ve lived together for 10 years as they act out the lives of a realistic married couple.”

Han-_Ji-_Min2.jpg

Ji-_Sung4.jpg

“Familiar Wife” is a fantasy romance about a man who gets pushed around at home by his wife and pushed around at work by his boss. The drama premieres on August 1 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/26/familiar-wife-reveals-1st-glimpse-han-ji-min-ji-sungs-wedding/

well, to me i'm excited to see the development of Ji sung's character, specifically when he's gonna fall in love again with his wife (Han Ji Min) after the do-over, and how is he gonna do to make it work once he decided to go back to his life before the do-over. Because the character of the wife he knows before and after the do-over will be different. Before his wife got reality struck so her behaviour changed adjusted to her situation, on the other side, his wife after the do over is still single and sweet but mature.

Somehow this theme gives a little bit of "Click Movie" (the one that Adam Sandler star in it) vibes too. In Click, the husband also dissatisfied with his current life, and he's given a chance to fast forward and making every decision that benefit to him (without concern that he is also sacrifice his own family over his self-satisfaction). This movie focuses on family matter.

So this is one of all elements that makes me want to watch it. I think i'm gonna enjoy this drama.

(this scene that i talked about before) So he freaks out because he finally meet again with his scary wife :lol:. Han ji min outfit is the same outfit to when she run about looks like looking for someone. Hopefully in the do over, han ji min and ji sung work at the same workplace.:tounge_wink:

z90AJLv.png

OS6vWZN.png

Forgive me that i only know how to post pics, still adapting to this new soompi. I don't know how to make a gif yet.

On 7/25/2018 at 11:45 PM, richelle said:

Tomorrow with you is also offered to ji min way back. And as I watched that drama, i thought that it was a blessing in disguise that ji min did not accept it lol. No issues with the cast, its the story which is the main problem. It is a bit different with go back couple, i love that drama:wub: so it is a good thing that i can feel go back couple vibes in this. Not sure if the new wife is his first love since they did not show the face lol. It will be a bit different if he is already married in his new present. I hope that it is only a fling or gf thing lol

I believe it's his first love will be his new partner in the do-over life, otherwise it will be pointless if the writer put another character. And because it suits with the synopsis, to make Ji Sung's character wishes come true (what if?):D

And I assume Han Ji Min in the do-over life accidentally found a smartphone that belongs to one of them (Ji Sung or Kang Hanna, based on the wallpaper), here's another clue from the trailer:

rVN4wsH.png

Spoiler

aowjKd4.png

i'm so sorry for the spoiler, my detective mode has been on again since the last trailer. :lol:

I can understand why ji min's character will be short tempered. Based on the article posted by @tok-soompiin ji min's thread, they have 2 kids. If they have been married for 5 years, the older might be around 4 or 5 and the youngest would be 1 or 2 years old, both needs outmost attention. On top of that, she is working and her mother has alzheimers:tears: i might shed a lot of tears here just like go back couple:wub:

@unknown12yeah i agree the girl should be his first love. What i am curious about is what he will change in the past that will make ha na his new wife and ji min seems heart broken seeing the picture of the 2. Also, it makes her single and just take care of her ailing mother. Did you see what year is listed in the coin? It would be interesting what that decision he makes that completely altered their future. If only the main trailer have subtitles lol

As mentioned by @richelle:

From the korea times US

Fantasy romance ‘Familiar Wife’ highlights value of familiarity in relationships

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, July 25 (Yonhap) — Familiarity may or may not breed contempt in married life. In many cases, it brings comfort and intimacy, for sure.

But the new tvN series “Familiar Wife” is based upon the premise that over-familiarity in relationship breeds indifference and uninterest, or even total hatred. And the main couple in the drama reach a point where they get to reflect on the path they didn’t take and wonder what might have been if they did.

The fantasy romance doesn’t end there. The story enables the characters to live the life they might have otherwise lived. After all, that is the merit of a fiction, isn’t it?

The upcoming series, which will succeed “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim,” set to air its finale Thursday, depicts realistically the married life of banker Cho Joo-hyuk (played by Ji Sung) and masseuse Seo Woo-jin (Han Ji-min), both worn out by stressful daily lives and slowly turning their backs on each other.

“Everyone feels nostalgic about a choice they didn’t make. It is about the ‘what-if’ moment,” writer Yang Hee-seung told reporters at a press conference held at Time Square in Yeongdeungpo in southwest Seoul on Wednesday.

“Most couples, married or not, grow tired of each other at some point of their relationship when they blame each other for their withered passion,” she said, adding that the drama is about rekindling love and aimed at reminding one of the preciousness of the person you are with now.

Actor Han plays tough married woman Woo-jin, who has to juggle work, child care and taking care of her Alzheimer’s-afflicted mother. Still single in real life, Han said she referred to her older sister and other friends with kids for inspiration on how to play the role.

For the role, she “gave up looking pretty” and tried to look as realistic as possible to portray theexhausted, sleep-deprived mother of two.

Ji Sung, who plays the pathetic, henpecked husband, decided to appear in the upbeat show, after starring in the dark thriller “Innocent Defendant” on SBS, where he played a man fighting a court case to clear himself of the false charges of killing his wife and daughter.

“The message of this show is clear. It will remind you how priceless your current life and people around you are,” he said.

When he was first offered the role, the actor declined the offer because he wasn’t “confident” that he could pull off playing an ordinary married man. Having played strong characters in hisprevious works, he said it was surely a challenge.

“The story will cheer and bring comfort to marriedcouples,” he said.

The 16-part series will air at 9:30 p.m. every Wednesday and Thursday, starting August 1.

Credit to author

No wonder the wife is short tempered... juggling kids, work and sick mother gonna make her quite exhausted. seeing her mother getting worse is hard on her, so I think it gonna be easy giving her sympathy. sound like husband is not there for her as she want him to, and seems like he is dealing with his own dissatisfaction in his carrier and marriage. Guess this is the basic for the reason he is doing turn over, but i feel even if it is the perfect life he wants it is gonna turn out to be not as perfect as he imagine. he is not just twisting his own life but other people to. guess he gonna see his wife in new light to and fall in love with her again as he see her life without him...  

“Most couples, married or not, grow tired of each other at some point of their relationship when they blame each other for their withered passion,” she said, adding that the drama is about rekindling love and aimed at reminding one of the preciousness of the person you are with now. 

Looking forward to this. This will be heartwarming and this writer never fails. How i wish this will rate well:wub:

Good news to those who has tvn asia in singapore malaysia and indonesia!!

ASIA

NEWS

tvN Asia Confirms Latest 24-Hr Express Fantasy K-Drama “Familiar Wife” Starring Ji Sung & Han Ji Min

By Adrian | July 28, 2018
Credit to author

FAMILIAR WIFE WILL BROADCAST ON TVN IN ASIA FROM 2 AUG (EVERY THURSDAY AND FRIDAY) AT 21:45 (GMT+8) IN SINGAPORE AND MALAYSIA, AND AT 20:45 (GMT+7) IN INDONESIA. 

tvN Asia’s latest 24-hour express drama Familiar Wife, starring the stellar cast Ji Sung and Han Ji Min, will premiere exclusively on tvN in Asia from 2 August (Every Thursday and Friday) at 21:45 (GMT+8) in Singapore and Malaysia, and at 20:45 (GMT+7) in Indonesia. This fantasy romantic comedy is written by Yang Hee-seung (Oh My Ghost) and directed by Lee Sang-yeob (Shopping King Louis). Following What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim, tvN continues to impress audience with dramas that are relatable to its audience.

Familiar Wife follows the story of a couple struggling with their five years of marriage. Cha Joo-hyuk (Ji Sung) is an ordinary employee at a bank who has to suppress himself in front of his boss and wife; his wife Seo Woo-jin (Han Ji Min) is a working mum who tries hard to juggle between her job and family. The cruelty of life has swept their good old days and drowned this ever-sweet couple in tediousness. At this critical moment, an unexpected incident gives Joo-hyuk the ability to move back and forth from his past. Familiar Wifedraws keen attention to how this ability ultimately impacts his life as the story unfolds.

People has high expectation on the drama regarding the combination of both the production crew and the cast. Writer Yang Hee-seung, who is famous for her previous works such as Oh My Ghost and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo, is good at telling romantic comedies with relatable real lives elements.

She revealed that:

People are used to taking what they have for granted but feeling nostalgic over the past. Everyone must have once dreamt about undoing one decision and living a completely different life. This drama gives a new definition on the theme ‘what if…’, which can strike a chord with audience.

Credit to tvn

The chemistry between the main cast also caught audience’s attention. Ji Sung is well-known for his down-to-earth and versatile acting; while Han Ji Min has been focusing on theater performances in the past three years, her return with this drama is surely long-awaited.

This is the first time for the two professional actors to portray a couple.

Director Lee Sang-yeob commented:

The perfect on-screen chemistry between Ji Sung and Han Ji Min is beyond expectations. It makes the characters even more convincing. Thanks to their detailed and empathetic acting.

Familiar Wife will broadcast on tvN in Asia from 2 Aug (Every Thursday and Friday) at 21:45 (GMT+8) in Singapore and Malaysia, and at 20:45 (GMT+7) in Indonesia. The drama is paired with English, Chinese, Bahasa Malaysia and Bahasa Indonesia subtitles.

tvN is available in the channels listed below:

Singapore:
Singtel TV Channel 518 (HD) / Channel 619 (HD)
StarHub TV Channel 824 (HD)

Malaysia:
Astro Channel 395 (HD) / Astro GO
unifi tv Channel 211 (HD) / unifi playtv app

Indonesia:
Big TV Channel 262 (HD)
First Media Channel 339 (HD)
K-Vision Channel 26
My Republic Channel 46 (HD)
Transvision Channel 321 (HD)
Tribe (available download on Android & iOS) (HD)
Useetv Channel 516 (SD) and Channel 955 (HD)

Above source from hellokpop

Hi everyone :D

I decided to watch this drama since I watched the first teaser and it looked so good :thumbsup:

The story seems promising. Han Ji Min and Ji Sung both are well-known actors.

Hope someone will translate the teaser soon :wub:

Archived