[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

Aww, I love the new teaser. With the stresses of marriage, family and work loving spouses can certainly end up losing it in a supermarket haha. That's very relatable and grounding element for the "What if" time travel element. 

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're next in line in the cashier and you are pushed to the back again because your husband is still looking for something lol this would be so much fun. Marriage can be a bed of roses at first but once you have all those responsibilities some do really change lol with the stress of everyday life our tempers really do get shortened:wub:

Explanation of soompi below (as mentioned by ji min previously, i agree her character is silly / naive.  But when you grown up and married with diffferent set of responsibilities... no time for silliness and temper will naturely becomes very short):

Han Ji Min Goes From Awkwardly Seducing Ji Sung To Screaming At Him In “Familiar Wife” Teaser

Familiar Wife” has released another teaser, this time from Han Ji Min’s point of view.

“Familiar Wife” is about salaryman Cha Joo Hyuk (played by Ji Sung) and his wife, working mom Seo Woo Jin (played by Han Ji Min). It explores the “what if” moments in life and how Cha Joo Hyuk’s life changes when he makes a single, fateful decision. The drama previously released a hilarious teaser revealing Cha Joo Hyuk’s perspective on his marriage.

In this teaser, Han Ji Min shares her point of view on how she ended up in the marriage. The teaser flashes back to the earlier parts of her and Ji Sung’s relationship, and shows their sweet moments as well as the hilarious ways in which she tried to seduce him.

She comments, “We must be fated for each other,” and when he asks her, “What in the world do you want to be when you grow up?” she wittily responds, “Your wife!” It then speeds forward to the present, where she screams at him in a grocery store, yelling, “I told you [our] turn would be soon, you jerk!”

“Familiar Wife” will air its first episode on August 1 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

“Familiar Wife” Offers Some Clues In Official Posters Of Ji Sung, Han Ji Min, And More

Dh9n730_UEAE_ILR.jpg

On July 14, tvN’s upcoming drama “Familiar Wife” released official posters of Ji Sung, Han Ji Min, and the rest of the cast.

See Also: Watch: Kang Han Na And HaHa End Their Luxurious Trip By Crossing The Longest Suspension Bridge In The World

The drama tells the story of an ordinary couple (Ji Sung and Han Ji Min) whose lives change after one of them makes a fateful “what if” decision. Jang Seung Jo plays Ji Sung’s best friend, Yoon Jong Hoo, and Kang Han Na plays Jang Seung Jo’s first love.

Ji Sung and Han Ji Min’s posters reflect their attitudes about their marriage and each other, with Ji Sung looking thoughtful under the tagline, “What we have now is good, right?” Han Ji Min looks more serious, with the tagline, “Are you dissatisfied with me?”

ji-sung-familiar-wife.jpg

han-ji-min-familiar-wife.jpg

The full cast poster gives an interesting look at how the drama might be structured. Ji Sung sits in the middle, but on either side are the other three actors in totally different aspects: frazzled, disheveled, and modestly dressed on the left, polished, put-together, and flamboyant on the right.

The production staff of “Familiar Wife” stated, “Our drama is a relatable and unique romantic comedy about those ‘what if’ moments that change everything with a single choice. Our posters reflect that theme, so please look forward to it.”

“Familiar Wife” begins airing on August 1 and will be coming to Viki. Check out the trailer below!

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/13/familiar-wife-releases-official-posters-ji-sung-han-ji-min/

Ji Sung And Han Ji Min Fight Like A Real Couple In New “Familiar Wife” Stills

Han-_Ji-_Min-_Ji-_Sung.jpg

Ji Sung and Han Ji Min make a convincing couple in tvN’s upcoming drama, “Familiar Wife”!

See Also: "Familiar Wife" Offers Some Clues In Official Posters Of Ji Sung, Han Ji Min, And More

On July 16, “Familiar Wife” released stills of Ji Sung and Han Ji Min portraying their roles as a couple.

“Familiar Wife” is a romance that tells the fated love story of how the main characters must live their present lives after it is changed by a single decision. It will be a drama that satisfies both “relatability” and “romance.”

Familiar-_Wife-3.jpg

Familiar-_Wife-21.jpg

Spoiler

Familiar-_Wife-1.jpg

In the photos, a sleepy Ji Sung returns home and is surprised by something that pops out at him. With one look of her eyes that burn with fury, Han Ji Min dominates over Ji Sung. She has a charisma that one does not dare approach. Ji Sung, with his timid, puppy-like charms, and Han Ji Min, with her sturdy mental games, show off the essence of a real couple fight.

Ji Sung plays the role of Cha Joo Hyuk, the pitiful head of the household who loves his wife at home but is devoted to his boss outside. Han Ji Min becomes the working-mom Seo Woo Jin who busies herself with both work and the household. Even from the first shooting of the drama, Ji Sung and Han Ji Min perfectly portrayed an everyday couple with their great chemistry. In addition to their detailed acting, they transformed their wardrobe, hairstyles, and even the way they talked to make their acting more realistic.

The production staff of “Familiar Wife” revealed, “Ji Sung and Han Ji Min are actors that require no further explanation. The two display the chemistry of a real couple with their acting that never misses even the most trivial detail. Please anticipate the special chemistry between Ji Sung and Han Ji Min that viewers can relate to.”

“Familiar Wife” is set to premiere on August 1 at 9:30 p.m. KST following “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/15/ji-sung-han-ji-min-fight-like-real-couple-new-familiar-wife-stills/

Many have said this drama has Go Back Couple vibes. Well, it’s true the theme is quiet the same, it’s about a marriage couple that doesn’t satisfy with their lives, and there’s a time traveling fantasy. But in my opinion, the drama much more similar to About Time movie or When We First Met. To me, this is more like about a guy who dissatisfied about his life at the present time or regrets with his decision in  the past, so he uses all the chances and go back to the past to make his present life much more better to his expectations.

I am glad Han ji min chose this project, as this has a mature role and about family and close to reality. Because I’m not a fan with most Korean drama storyline that mostly highlight about a relationship between a rich man/woman to a poor one. And also, it’s about time They should play a character that more suitable for their age, and broadening their capabilities. :)

@unknown12agree with you. There will be no chaebol male lead pursuing a poor female lead. Hopefully this will portray a normal couple going on their everyday lives and with the hardship of having to raise a family. The cast and writer/PD is great so i have high expectations. Please be good:wub:

It seems that the drama depicts the character of a married couple who has a problem with family problems. The drama reflects national problems, so it is the closest thing to a human being to each other in everyday life. For husbands and wives, we often see them on a small screen, and there are plenty to see for this world. it seems that the husband has little  responsibility for the family except his wife. responsible for everything Both in financial and child care as well. She was seriously responsible for her family, causing her to show violent anger.

The family is certainly in conflict. Bring hatred the end is to go away.:bawling:

Sometimes life does not always sprinkle with rose petals. Finally, it is not beautiful. :cold_sweat:

I just want to compare in real life on this planet.:D

For the lead actor, I am delighted that the two have worked together.Ji Sung, I think he has the talent and the recognition of the fans. Han Ji Min is a role that challenges her ability to another level, which we rarely see her role before. The role that she has received has been different and strange. When I saw the tease 2 Oh!! !! :o  She changed radically. It made me relieve the obvious.:wub::wub:

Archived