[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

About the latest teaser: Il just quote this person because I agree with him/her.

"clap hands to the music director.Every instrumental beat is showcasing what we should expect from the drama.So far promo team, you are doing great on that front."

It also has the kind of gangster swag that we can expect from the director of "Time Between Dog and Wolf" although I wish it was a tiny bit slower.

Today's highlight gif:

giphy.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest Article:

‘Lawless Lawyer’ Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji caught with their guard down and flashing ‘eye smiles’

New behind-the-scenes stills of “Lawless Lawyer” will instantly grab your attention, showing Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji with their guard down and ‘eye smiles’ on their faces. The new photos offer glimpses of the pair displaying heart-melting smiles and commitment on set.

Slated to premiere on May 12, tvN’s upcoming weekend drama “Lawless Lawyer” unveiled on April 23 these new behind-the-scenes stills of Lee Joon-gi (Bong Sang-pil) and Seo Yea-ji (Ha Jae-yi) on set, preparing for a shoot with enthusiasm.

Legal action drama “Lawless Lawyer” tells the story of a lawless lawyer who starts out as a gangster but evolves into a true lawyer who even puts his life on the line in his fight against abuse of power.

Playing Bong Sang-pil, a gangster-turned-lawyer and legal and gang violence expert, and Ha Jae-yi, a hotheaded lawyer who seems unable to control her temper, respectively, Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji are expected to show great ‘lawless’ chemistry and allow viewers to vicariously experience justice being served. Leading the drama together, the co-stars already established a great rapport on their first day on set and continue working in a cordial atmosphere.  

In the unveiled photos, Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji seem to bring positive energy to the set, with their cool smiles and commitment to acting. As soon as the shoot begins, Lee Joon-gi immediately turns into ‘lawless lawyer’ Bong Sang-pil and dominates the scene with those piercing eyes that see through you, but once the director shouts “Cut,” he’s back to his usual sociable, fun-loving, down-to-earth self. In particular, when he flashes his signature crescent-shaped ‘eye smile,’ it gets everyone watching him to let their guard down and put on smiles themselves.  

Off camera, Seo Yea-ji is the opposite of her ‘hotheaded lawyer’ character; with her gentle looks and cute gestures, she brings vitality to the set and has earned new nickname ‘Loveliest’ (sarangdungyi). She constantly puts her lovely smile on and bursts into laughter in between shoots. She seems to genuinely enjoy working on set and makes us fall further in love with her character Ha Jae-yi.

The photos of Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji bursting into laughter just by looking at each other, with their guard completely let down and those eye smiles on their faces, make us look forward to their performances as onscreen couple Bong Sang-pil and Ha Jae-yi. Their cool smiles, laughter and commitment to acting bring energy to the set and these photos hint at the cordial atmosphere of the drama set, raising viewers’ expectation for the drama higher.

The producers behind “Lawless Lawyer” confided, “Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji consider themselves the sources of energy and vitality on set, despite the intense action scenes and tricky emotional performances they have to deliver. Their laughter, cuteness, and passion help create a vibrant and joyful atmosphere on set. Please look forward to their powerhouse performances on ‘Lawless Lawyer.’

tvN’s upcoming weekend drama “Lawless Lawyer” premieres on May 12, at 9 p.m. as the follow-up to “Live.”

Original Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=009&aid=0004138038

Translated by:https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/

Lee Joon Gi Transforms Into A Vengeful Lawyer In Teaser Clip For “Lawless Lawyer”

Lee-Joon-Gi3.jpg

tvN’s upcoming drama “Lawless Lawyer” has released an intense teaser clip for Lee Joon Gi on April 21.

“Lawless Lawyer” tells the story of a vengeful, reckless lawyer who sets out to fight against corrupt authorities. Lee Joon Gi plays the leading role of Bong Sang Pil.

The teaser clip begins with a picture of Dike, the ancient Greek goddess of justice. The words “Law,” “Lawless,” “Revenge,” and “Justice” appear on screen with vivid action scenes in the background. Fleeting images of Seo Ye Ji, who plays the female lead, are also included in the clip.

The video then shows Lee Joon Gi fighting with his fists in his high-end suits, hinting at the unusual character of Bong Sang Pil. The video ends with Lee Joon Gi’s line, “The law’s really funny, isn’t it?”

“Lawless Lawyer” is set to premiere on May 12 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/21/watch-lee-joon-gi-transforms-vengeful-lawyer-teaser-clip-lawless-lawyer/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love the way how they laugh on the filming set.

Our leads seems so happy in the new stills. :wub:

Source: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/232049

vq59JwukrzSx636600752069047870.jpg

12 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Another teaser

This made my day

This girl is feisty and I love it:D.She is like a cat.

giphy.gifImage result for feisty cat gif

Meanwhile, am curious about this:

Spoiler

tumblr_p7n01hQWXA1w2cbngo1_540.jpg

My fav highlight..Sang Pil is in trouble:D

giphy.gif

@NoonaE This angel did one half of the marie claire translation.She will upload the other half later.Dont just look at the caption.click on the pictures and swipe to the left:

Spoiler

Ahhh... @jade715, @Chellsee, @violina, @LyraYoo  thank you for bringing the new content here into LawLaw Land!  :wub:We have less than 20 days now...but it still seems like an eternity before we really get to witness all these characters. 

12 hours ago, NoonaE said:

I hope we'll have an English translation of the article soon, too :wub:

I believe a partial one is posted over in the LJG thread. 

12 hours ago, Chellsee said:

More photos from the MC shoot. :)

I was hoping that there would also be a video to correspond with it...like the VOGUE one last year.  <<<Fingers crossed>>>

As for the shoot, I particularly like the CONTRASTS seen in the standing/looking at each other photo.  First of all, JG looks super young/angelic/webtoon worthy.  But notice: 

• her slick hair, his tousled bangs.
  • her whitish suit, his black suit
  • her black heels, his white sneakers
  • they both have their hands in their pockets and posed in mirror fashion.  

And since the photoshoot for the drama included the female lead this time, am I to assume that there will be some aspect of romance in this drama?  Or at least their relationship is the one the story will feed off of? 

7 hours ago, violina said:

This girl is feisty and I love it:D.She is like a cat.

OMG... That is THE perfect description!!   So is Sang Pil a "cat person?"  LOL

7 hours ago, violina said:

My fav highlight..Sang Pil is in trouble:D

I'm now nervous HOW many times Sang Pil will meet up with Jae Yi's temper.

TVN just updated their instagram:

Please go like and comment

They got some news coverage on Showbiz Korea(its in English)

Spoiler

When the villain(or not-so villain from what am seeing) is cuter than you

She really is a good actress.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

Fighting LL family!!! :wub:

giphy.gif

Lee Joon Gi Talks About Working With Director Kim Jin Min Again And His Love For Jiu-Jitsu

Lee-Joon-Gi-24.jpg

With his new drama getting ready for its premiere, Lee Joon Gi recently participated in a photo spread and interview with Marie Claire. In it, he talked about his upcoming role in tvN’s new weekend drama “Lawless Lawyer.”

Even during the photo shoot, Lee Joon Gi was seen going over his lines and preparing for his character whenever he had a free moment. In his interview, he said, “There are a lot of action scenes in the drama, but what’s most important is delivering my lines well. Bong Sang Pil is crafty, but also becomes very sharp as a lawyer, so I realized I needed to alter the way I speak to fit that.”

Read full article >>> https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/24/lee-joon-gi-talks-working-director-kim-jin-min-love-jiu-jitsu/

Today's article:

JG’s Marie Claire Korea interview part 2

combined with Part 1

이준기 LEE JOON GI

Q:I noticed you muttering to yourself in between shoots. Were you memorizing your lines?

JG:That’s right. “Lawless Lawyer” is an action-packed drama, but it also requires me to deliver my lines in a way that makes an impact. Bong Sang-pil isn’t just a cunning hustler but also a sharp-witted, meticulous lawyer, so I have to express this character using different ways of speaking than the serious tones I took in my previous roles. So I’m feeling a lot of pressure to find ways to perfect my line delivery. I still pride myself on being great at memorizing (laughs) and I love memorizing, but sometimes I mess up my lines because this time the dialog has a different rhythm that I’ve never done before. That’s why I keep muttering to myself on set, like a crazy person, to master these new sensations [that playing this role involves].

Q: Can you tell us what drama “Lawless Lawyer” is about?

JG:At first, it starts off as one individual’s revenge drama, but it’s ultimately about justice and society. In telling this story, we are throwing in exhilarating action scenes to make it more thrilling. Since two years ago, we as a nation [South Korea] have had a longing for justice, and now we are finally beginning to see order being restored in our path towards a just society. It is exactly under these circumstances that I think our drama can deliver some fun.

Q:You’ve reunited with Kim Jin-min 11 years after “Time between Dog and Wolf.” The news of this reunion alone has generated a lot of buzz.

JG:Even after we finished filming the drama [Time between Dog and Wolf] we stayed in touch. When I was having problems as an actor, we would get together so I could talk to him. Then, one day, he called me and told me about this Lawless Lawyer project. He said, “I’ll be honest with you. When I was first offered this project, all my crew said Lee Joon-gi was the perfect choice for the Bong Sang-pil role, but I said I didn’t want you to do it.” So I asked why and he admitted to feeling great pressure: “Because we shared this success through ‘Time between Dog and Wolf,’ I thought that it wouldn’t do either of us any good if we failed to surpass it.” The director felt such pressure because “Time between Dog and Wolf” is a well-made drama and found great popularity overseas as well. And I agreed with him. So we said to each other ‘Let’s give it more thought’ and parted ways. Then soon after I got another call from him. “Here’s the deal: I will make this drama good enough for you to stay in this business for at least another 10 years. I guess that’s the least I can do to make this worth our while.” And I was really happy to hear him say that. I’ve known him long enough to know his strong sense of responsibility. I thought there would be definitely something I could take away from working with him on this project, regardless of whether or not it’s successful. So I agreed to work with him right away.

Q:What is it like to work with the director again?

JG:He’s got a reputation for being assertive, and he still is. I love his unique directing style that’s firm and steady. No, maybe not necessarily ‘love,’ but I think that’s the kind of directing required on set. At this point in my career, I thought working with him would help break my bad habits and control my habitual mannerisms. I guess we reunited at this particular juncture for that reason. It is important for a director to push ahead with his ideas and get some result out of it, instead of doing things by halves. That’s why I have every confidence in director Kim Jin-min. He always comes to the set thoroughly prepared and very energetic.

Q:But isn’t Lee Joon-gi second to none when it comes to being energetic?

JG:Right, every member of my crew calls me crazy.

Q:Even your co-star Seo Yea-ji heaped praise on you for being so energetic.

I eat red ginseng. (Laughs) Let me give you some red ginseng… Seriously, though, it’s not just a matter of what to eat or not to eat. The other day, when I was having a drink with my sister, she asked me what motivates me to go to work on the drama set. I think, in the past, I would give an answer that made me look cool when asked that kind of question. Like, ‘Actors should blah blah…’ But I guess I’ve become more childlike lately, so [when asked the same question] I will just say, “Because I look cool on TV.” I mean, what a happy person I am, being taken care of by my crew members who work hard to make a person like me look gorgeous.

Q:You are finally playing a professional that you said you always wanted to play. And there is a bit of romance in it too.

JG:That’s what makes me excited and look forward to it [playing the character]. Though I still want to perform in stories about pure, unconditional love or mature romance. I would like to do one when I am still relatively young. But when I say something like this, the martial arts/action director I’ve known for a decade says, “What are you talking about? You should do more action while you are still in top form. It’d be a waste [if you do not do more action]. You can do romance when you become more mature as a man.” When I asked how much more mature I should become now that I’m 37 [Joon-gi’s Korean age], he said, “No, you don’t look seasoned enough. You still look like The Little Prince.” On set, Yea-ji also told me I look really innocent, like The Little Prince. When I said, “No, I’m a wicked person inside,” Yea-ji said, “No, I have a knack for reading people, and I think you really are an innocent person.” Then I’d go, “Is this an insult or a compliment?” (Laughs)

Q:Besides Seo Yea-ji, you are also working with veterans like Lee Hye-young and Choi Min-soo.

JG:Where else would I be able to work with those two actors in a single drama? Recently, I filmed a scene where I and Choi Min-soo seonbae-nim make our first appearance together. It was a great feeling that everything seemed to fall into place, and he also seemed satisfied. Before I began filming this scene, I was under enormous pressure and stress. The other day, I went to the set even though I didn’t have a scene to film, just to see Choi Min-soo working and say hello. When I said, “Nowadays you show up in every dream I have,” he said, “Don’t worry. I’m going to play along and follow your lead as you go along.” He tries to do things that help me broaden my acting range, and I’m pretty good at picking things up, so this entire back-and-forth process like a ping pong game where he serves and I toss, is very exciting and refreshing.

Q:Is there anything that makes your life, as actor Lee Joon-gi, difficult now?

JG:For now, I’m focusing on portraying my character perfectly, but I don’t find it very difficult. As Lee Joon-gi the person, I’m satisfied with my life. For the first time in my life, I have a hobby. I’m so completely obsessed with jiu jitsu that, once I get into the gym, I just don’t ever want to get out. As far as challenges go, I have one—that is, I don’t have any more room in my place to keep all the gifts my fans gave me. (Laughs) I keep opening the gifts, but… It’s a happy challenge.

Credit: https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/

His agency sent food support:

Note:I am happy that this director has decided to incorporate a love line(romance into this) into this.It would be a waste not to(SYJ and LJG seem to have good chemistry).I know romance in some thrillers distracts from the plot.But I think it would compliment this drama.I thought the same about "criminal minds" too.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer 무법 변호사 - Lee Joon Gi, Seo Ye Ji - Pilot May 12 2018
1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

Another stills / teaser

There are also on youtube.The characters of Choi Min Soo and Lee Hye Young are scary and intimidating:astonished:.I wouldnt want to mess with that judge and boss gangster.They dont even have to use fist like Sang Pil and Jae Yi.Just one look or word and shivers will run through your spine.

13 hours ago, violina said:

The other day, I went to the set even though I didn’t have a scene to film, just to see Choi Min-soo working and say hello. When I said, “Nowadays you show up in every dream I have,” he said, “Don’t worry. I’m going to play along and follow your lead as you go along.” He tries to do things that help me broaden my acting range, and I’m pretty good at picking things up, so this entire back-and-forth process like a ping pong game where he serves and I toss, is very exciting and refreshing.

THIS^^^^ As I said in the LJG Thread, I may be MORE excited for the scenes between these 2 than I am for any love line.  But it's LJG.  I want to see some flirting and wicked wordplay with a female character! 

3 hours ago, lydliem said:

Finger cross for the success of Lawless Lawyer :glasses:

I don't think I will talk much here, will be just lurking around :)

hi onion head Hi there!  Welcome to LawLaw Land! Feel free to lurk and even contribute when the urge happens!!  We are all hoping for great success with this Kdrama.  Signs look really good! This cast looks very strong. The promos have been very promising. 

I'm with @violina .  The baddies in this drama are INTENSE!  I am glad they FINALLY released trailers for each of them.  They have really been stingy with CMS character info/scenes.  Although I am not complaining...because those are some of the scenes I anticipate the most. And that last look by LHY in her trailer....trouble!  

On 4/24/2018 at 10:44 AM, violina said:

Q:Besides Seo Yea-ji, you are also working with veterans like Lee Hye-young and Choi Min-soo.

JG:Where else would I be able to work with those two actors in a single drama? Recently, I filmed a scene where I and Choi Min-soo seonbae-nim make our first appearance together. It was a great feeling that everything seemed to fall into place, and he also seemed satisfied. Before I began filming this scene, I was under enormous pressure and stress. The other day, I went to the set even though I didn’t have a scene to film, just to see Choi Min-soo working and say hello. When I said, “Nowadays you show up in every dream I have,” he said, “Don’t worry. I’m going to play along and follow your lead as you go along.” He tries to do things that help me broaden my acting range, and I’m pretty good at picking things up, so this entire back-and-forth process like a ping pong game where he serves and I toss, is very exciting and refreshing.

This is why us fans have wanted him to do a project with senior actors, to broaden and further improve his acting skills. There is always more to learn !!!  I hope SYJ will stay true to the character and doesn't turn into a mushy damsel in distress because of the romance interest. Let's have the girl save the guy for a change :tongue:

Archived