[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

There are T A T S k5409.gif

6 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

And what do those finger tats spell out??

According to this angel:

Tats spell "spero spera".Its latin proverb for "I hope you hope too.Or a variation of it is "While I breathe, I hope".

@LyraYoo

Spoiler
On 02/04/2018 at 5:51 AM, LyraYoo said:

BUT WHY.

The spero spera was mentioned in the drama Goodbye Mr. Black, another revenge drama .

I hope the drama will make the tattoos  more meaningful here than in GMB then. 

Crossed fingers.

OMG..The horror:huh:..GMB was not written well.A great disservice to Moon Chae Won.By the way it seems its a popular phrase because I also heard it in Chuno(historical drama) ost.The name of the ost was Gloomy 30s.

TVN posted on its IG too..please go like and comment.The more likes and comments..the more updates

On 4/2/2018 at 8:55 PM, LyraYoo said:

Yes Joon Gi , you can lurk here anytime haha. We are ready for your comeback drama !

Hehehehe...the Powers of Soompi Suggestion!

SYJ's character...knocking out a Judge?  Oh my!  

You know...they are keeping any LJG/SYJ interactions out of the exposure of the drama so far.  I wonder how long they will keep us in the dark about their character interaction. 

It looks like Lawless Lawyer won't have their own facebook page, but it is sharing it with LIVE (at the moment), the other SAT/Sun drama. 

https://www.facebook.com/tvNSatSunDrama/

Seo Ye Ji Updates!

First of all:  Her birthday is April 6th.  

And she will be doing a vLive...

And some more info about her character in the Soompi Article: https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/05/seo-ye-ji-comments-transformation-feisty-lawyer-new-drama/

Seo Ye Ji is reported to be putting lots of effort into her first time playing a lawyer on-screen. She’s said to be paying meticulous attention to details such as changes in her facial expression, enunciation, and pronunciation. She also communicates with the director in between takes in order to show viewers the best portrayal of her character.

After her first shoot, the actress said, “Ha Jae Yi may look like a feisty bulldozer on the outside, but she’s hiding the pain she has from her missing mother, so I feel more affection towards her. I cut my long hair and shot action scenes for the first time for ‘Lawless Lawyer.’ It’s a series of new challenges. You’ll be able to see a new side of me that you haven’t seen before.”

April 6, 2018

Seo Ye Ji Reaches Out To Her Fans And Shares Her Impressions Of Current Co-Star Lee Joon Gi

notclaira

On April 6, actress Seo Ye Ji held a V Live broadcast to communicate with her fans and celebrate her birthday.

She had originally planned an in-person fan meeting but was unable to follow through because of her filming schedule that lasted until dawn.

seo-ye-ji--540x595.jpg

During the broadcast, she updated fans on her status, answered fan questions, and talked about her new hairstyle and upcoming drama. “I was concerned whether it would look good or not, but I’m glad that people are saying it suits me,” she said of her new short hair.

When asked what she did for her birthday, she said, “I went home and cried yesterday. I’d come home to an empty house, but when I opened the fridge, I realized my mother had made seaweed soup.” Seaweed soup is traditionally eaten on birthdays in South Korea.

Seo Ye Ji is currently filming a legal drama with Lee Joon Gi. About her co-star she had nothing but praise, saying, “I like [working with him] a lot. He’s really good at action scenes. He respects and takes care of the people around him.”

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/06/seo-ye-ji-reaches-fans-shares-impressions-current-co-star-lee-joon-gi/

Wow! I thought this drama will have a melancholy vibe but it has COOL written all over it.And my is Choi Min Soo looking like Korean Johnny Depp.His shot looks like Sweeny Todd.

English Subs for 1st teaser

Article about the first teaser:

In ‘Lawless Lawyer’ Lee Joon-gi and Seo Ye Ji caught between Law and Lawlessness ratcheting up the tension

The first teaser trailer for “Lawless Lawyer” has been released, sending the internet into a frenzy. It opens with a stunning aerial shot finally unveiling Giseong, a.k.a. Lawless City. Following this are Lee Joon-gi, Seo Yea-ji, Lee Hye-young, and Choi Min-soo, the four distinctive personalities who seem completely immersed in their respective characters.

tvN’s new weekend drama “Lawless Lawyer” (directed by Kim Jin-min, written by Yoon Hyun-ho, and produced by Studio Dragon and Logos Film) has already generated buzz for the “Time Between Dog and Wolf” duo director Kim Jin-min and Lee Joon-gi’s reunion. Its first teaser trailer aired immediately following the latest episode of “Live” aired on the 7th (Saturday), grabbing the viewers’ attention.(http://tv.naver.com/v/3000978).

Legal/action drama “Lawless Lawyer” tells the story of a lawless lawyer who initially favors the fist over the law but evolves into a true lawyer who fights the abuse of power using the law as his weapon.  Slated to premiere on May 12, 2018 (Saturday), at 9 p.m., “Lawless Lawyer” debuted its first teaser that boasts stylish production values, the eye-catching visuals of the cast, background music with sophisticated beats, and almost cinematically dynamic action scenes.

In the teaser, Lawless City ‘Giseong’ reveals itself slowly amid the fog. Also known as the City of the Fog, Giseong instantly fascinates the viewers with its spectacular visuals. Also, Lee Joon-gi’s voiceover narration “Welcome to Lawless City, Giseong” piques the viewers’ curiosity and makes them wonder what kind of city Giseong is—it literally means “the castle built with silk”—and what spectacularly exciting events will await them.

Following the shot of Giseong, the four actors should also capture your attention: ‘Lawless Lawyer’ Lee Joon-gi (Bong Sang-pil), who stares intensely at someone off-screen; ‘Hotheaded Lawlyer’ Seo Yea-jin (Ha Jae-yi), who throws a punch at a judge with an angry look on her face; ‘Giseong District Court Judge’ Lee Hye-young (Cha Moon-sook) with a mysterious, intense glare; and ‘Ambitious Man’ Choi Min-soo (Ahn Oh-joo) with furious eyes as if he wouldn’t tolerate a single mistake. Indeed they make a dazzling ensemble cast ready to captivate the viewers.

The trailer makes you wonder how these four characters will relate to one another and what will bring them together in Lawless City Giseong, while the appearance of the statue of the goddess of justice Dike also adds to the mystery. Set mostly in the courtroom where law and order are observed, the drama will explore the true beliefs and ambitions of our four characters and how they tiptoe a tightrope between law and lawlessness in an attempt to realize their respective ambitions.

In Lee Joon-gi’s voiceover narration, the part “Gangster familiar with the law; lawyer familiar with the fist” hints at the actor’s undeniable presence and makes us wonder how he will pull off his character on the drama. Lee Joon-gi is shown jumping recklessly over a moving car in pursuit of someone, with Seo Ye Ji hot on his heels, followed by the gang fist-fights right in the heart of the city, a frenetic back alley chase scene, and an intense car chase action scene. All packed with thrills and tension, these scenes are raising the viewers’ expectations even higher.

The release of its first teaser propelled “Lawless Lawyer” into the top trending spots on Korean web sites and netizens responded by showing great attention on the social media and community sites.

Among the various netizen comments were: “Lee Joon-gi is an actor you can rely on” “This drama will just deliver satisfyingly” “It looks like a movie. Great visuals” “The narration and music really fit the drama” “Birth of a masterpiece” “Daebak Choi Min-soo and Lee Hye-young” “Highly anticipating it” “Has a great feeling to it” and “Are you guys looking forward to Lawless Lawyer?”

With its first teaser finally out unveiling the mysterious lawless city of Giseong, tvN’s new weekend drama “Lawless Lawyer” promises to live up to the hype. It’s also highly anticipated for the collaboration between director Kim and writer Yoon. It’s scheduled to premiere on May 12, Saturday, at 9 p.m. KST, as the follow-up to “Live.”

Watch the teaser on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcNbjfR1_y4

English subbed version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FMJfAwGedU

Credit to:https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/

It's been some time I was here in the forums, but this drama has made me come back. I'm anticipating it a lot! the first teaser looks very promising!

I like your comparison of choi Min Soo with Sweeney Todd, violina :D

I like in general the darker vibe of this drama so far, it gives hints of mystery, action, good isn't always bad and vice versa :) to answer LJG's clip for 20th Anniversary: this is the kind of Korean drama I like :lol:

Really looking forward to all goodies to come: more teasers, official posters, articles, press conference and of course the drama.

:heart:

Very hyped up by what I saw in that teaser. I'm especially rapt about seeing LJG gliding over cars with elegant ease and being generally quite badass. One can always rely on him to deliver in that department. :wink:

Also delighted to see some courtroom drama :D although perhaps not quite what I was expecting. LOL.

Update:

Tension soars” …  “Lawless Couple” Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji caught in crisis from day one

(source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003239180)

translation:

The first couple stills of Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji for “Lawless Lawyer” have been unveiled. On their first day on set, ‘Lawless Lawyer’ Lee Joon-gi and ‘Hotheaded Lawyer’ Seo Yea-ji showed signs of great chemistry as they go through a series of crises together.

Having already generated hype for the reunion of “Time Between Dog and Wolf” director Kim Jin-min and Lee Joon-gi, tvN’s new weekend drama “Lawless Lawyer” released the first on-set photos of Bong Sang-pil (Lee Joon-gi) and Ha Jae-yi (Seo Yea-ji) together on the 9th (Monday).

Legal/action drama “Lawless Lawyer” tells the story of a lawless lawyer who initially uses his fists rather than the law but grows into a true lawyer who will go to any length to fight injustice.  

Lee Joon-gi plays Bong Sang-pil, a gangster-turned-lawless lawyer expert in both law and violence, while Seo Yea-ji plays Ha Jae-yi, a hotheaded lawyer who just seems unable to control her anger. As the duo is expected to turn the entire lawless city of ‘Giseong’ upside down, where lies and injustice prevail, their first day on set was filled with tension and excitement.  

In these first on-set photos, Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji, lawless lawyer and hotheaded lawyer respectively, find themselves in a critical situation. Tension mounts, along with some mysterious vibes coming from Lee Joon-gi’s furious Bong Sang-pil and Seo Yea-ji’s Ha Jae-yi who’s in panic.

Lee Joon-gi captivates us by unleashing his wild side as befits his nickname ‘lawless lawyer.’ In the photos, his fierce stare and seething rage could make anyone in his way freeze up. On the other hand, Seo Yea-ji seems taken aback to see something, making us wonder what kind of situation they are in. These four photos will suffice to make us look forward to the drama, as well as the chemistry our lawless couple Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji are expected to generate.

From day one, Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji helped create a set charged with tension and energy. Their first shoot together began in March, in Namdong-gu, Incheon, and the actors brought their passion to the set by incessantly discussing with the director how to film tension-filled scenes, such as chases and action scenes.

As soon as the shoot began, that atmosphere changed completely. At the sound ‘Action,’ Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji instantly immersed themselves in the scene they were playing and focused on finding the right emotion. Their acting was so intense as to make the crew watching them tense up. The actors demonstrated professionalism by delivering every single line of the dialog to create truly unforgettable scenes.

The producers behind “Lawless Lawyer” revealed, “Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji did their own stunts without stunt doubles when filming really demanding car chase scenes on their first day on set. The actors were so committed that they even coordinated and blocked (*working out the details of actors’ movements) the action scenes with the fight director and rehearsed those scenes with other extras. As soon as the filming began, Lee and Seo disappeared into Bong Sang-pil and Ha Jae-yi, creating a perfect scene.  Just as their ‘lawless’ chemistry surprised everyone on set, it will equally fascinate the viewers from the beginning of the drama.”

tvN’s new weekend drama “Lawless Lawyer” is one of the most anticipated dramas of 2018, as it marks a first-time collaboration between Kim Jin-min, who directed “Time Between Dog and Wolf,” and Yoon Hyun-ho, who wrote hugely popular movies “The Attorney” and “Confidential Assignment.” It will premiere on May 12, at 9 p.m. as the follow-up to “Live.”

Credit:https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/

Y'all know what am most curious about?

Ahem:ph34r:what led to this situation?and what was the reaction afterwards?:D

tumblr_p6wg82u6Nk1w2cbngo1_400.jpg

My Reaction:These lawyers tsk tsk

DYxZM.gif

2 hours ago, violina said:

Y'all know what am most curious about?

Ahem:ph34r:what led to this situation?and what was the reaction afterwards?:D

You know...I'm all about the hugs. And I hope we do get some type of affection/chemistry between these two characters. But this looks like a person trying to protect another person from seeing something downright awful. Look at that protective hand about to touch her head. Look at her hands loosely placed on his back. But maybe it will lead to something. ^_^Or not. Hahaha. Maybe the law partners who fight together, get/stay together? Maybe not.  Is it May yet? 

Better quality pics found at their facebook link

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1462747047170410&id=1018410688270717

We need to talk about this.

First, that teaser. I AM READY for this show. This is why I love LJG. He's not just one of the best Korean actors I've seen, he's one of the best actors I've seen regardless of what race you are. Honestly, LJG could be one of the greatest actors of all time! The happiness, the sadness, action scenes, ANYTHING. He gets me every time. I don't know how he does it, but he does it. I would love to see him in a bit more American stuff, I know he did Resident Evil which I still haven't seen. But the point is, he's one of the most talented actors of our generation and I was already watching Korean dramas before I saw any of his work but it's because of him that I got a bit more in them.

LJG and SYJ? ... ROMANCE TIME!:lol:

I'm also ready for this action scenes. I love how LJG always does his own stunts.

Archived