[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

weeee... thank you for all the updates on the drama. I'm soooo excited already. Maybe after 17th April we can fastforward already to May? lol...

Meanwhile, though this is nothing new, in case some of you haven't dropped by to give some love (and comments), here is the First Teaser vlive video from tvN account posted this morning:

http://www.vlive.tv/video/66173?channelCode=E922C1

Feel free to ''abuse'' the play button :D:wub:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: Some bits from the film site

Spoiler

Update: Some bits from the film site

We have another important cast joining the drama:

This is interesting.we have a girl who is a rival to the female protagonist and lost to the male protagonist(possibly in a court case).So we have a lot of people and situations binding our leads.A common enemy. they  both have no mothers.Both have fiery personalities and tempers.Their world is really small.

Interesting @violina .  Looks like we are getting another roundhouse high kick!! :D

But also note...no tats on fingers.  

And....no tats here in trailer image...

JKT6dlK.png

And no finger tats here...

nwPr3wz.jpg

What's up????

And finally!!!  A name to that actress I saw in the script reading pics! 

Cha Jung Won. http://program.tving.com/tvn/lawlesslawyer/3/Board/View?b_seq=11

Humiliating defeat to Bong Sang Pil?  That will be an INTERESTING scene! 

Thanks @LyraYoo for the video.

I guess its safe to say these two are having a blast.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

But she looks a tiny bit shy:D.(I dont blame you hun.That man has too many charms.:wub:)

Anyways, Please guys dont forget to watch the original clip too.More views and comments=more and frequent updates.

Here is the original TVN clip link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsDEUsuyzmg

On 4/11/2018 at 7:14 PM, pixelsticks said:

But also note...no tats on fingers.  

And....no tats here in trailer image...

And no finger tats here...

What's up????

Ohh, I didn't even realize! Interesting. I'm guessing either he covers them up or he had them removed and that pic of him with the tattoos is from his ~past~ before he became a full-fledged lawyer. 

7 hours ago, krysyuy said:

Ohh, I didn't even realize! Interesting. I'm guessing either he covers them up or he had them removed and that pic of him with the tattoos is from his ~past~ before he became a full-fledged lawyer. 

My guess is....

Spoiler

it's part of the scene where you see LOTS of money rolls in the car.  The wallet (that the tatted hand is holding in the still pic) is in that scene.  The clothes look like the clothes in that scene.  Just what his character is up to and when is the question. Maybe he is deceiving some other gangsters by playing a character? I hope this isn't cut out...like the parkour over the rooftops in CMKR was cut out. zLcCM5C.png

And watching the BTS....

I have to say...kudos to JG for running on TOP of cars?!?!?!:blink:B):crazy:  If that isn't downright hard and riddled with numerous times he could totally wipeout/pull a muscle, etc...I don't know what is.  

The camaraderie looks great. I'm ready for some CMS/LHY BTS as well. 

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed titbits from the filming. Hopefully pre-production is the way of the future for more K dramas.

I can't get enough of LJG doing action scenes. Such a cool customer and very friendly with his co-stars. Hope they don't spend all their money in their early episodes that we get little to nothing down the track. :wink:

Looking good...

@violina, @pixelsticks, The first shot of Choi Min-Soo took my breath away. He never fails to impress me with the intensity to his acting... I am so thrilled with the cast of this show; Especially our four leads. And great to see some beloved faces in the support cast as well.

Thank you everyone for updates.

We are barely a month before airdate, and not word of license yet.

I urge everyone here to send license request forms to both DramaFever and Viki.

1. DramaFever
No Need to give your email address on these. Only the title - Lawless Lawyer. And The country: Korea.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuXiW1XwtSRt0H_ehdDMABJYJNQWA1xj78ni06l4m_OG-ZHg/viewform

2. Viki

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Viki has a fan channel for this drama, but sadly - only 23 followers. What's up with that?
I hope we can all remedy it. Please follow this channel.

https://www.viki.com/tv/35833c-lawless-lawyer

By the way, I find it interesting that both Lee Joon-Gi and Seo Ye-Ji have beautiful deep voices. They could sing a duet together....

I did see a FB page for Lawless Lawyer.

https://www.facebook.com/Lawless-Lawyer-무법-변호사-Korean-Drama-202820000299261/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watch: Lee Joon Gi And Seo Ye Ji Nail Action Scenes As They Film Upcoming Drama “Lawless Lawyer”

Lee-Joon-Gi-Seo-Ye-Ji1.jpg

On April 13, tvN’s upcoming drama “Lawless Lawyer” released a behind-the-scenes video of Lee Joon Gi and Seo Ye Ji.

“Lawless Lawyer” is a legal drama that follows the events a lawyer goes through as he attempts to fight against corrupt authorities. Lee Joon Gi plays the role of Bong Sang Pil, a lawyer who was formerly part of a gang, while Seo Ye Ji takes on the part of bold and somewhat reckless lawyer Ha Jae Yi.

In the released clip, Lee Joon Gi is filming action scenes that include difficult moves such as leaping over a car. Even though it’s early in the morning, the actor is full of energy and doesn’t lose his smile throughout the filming.

Seo Ye Ji is shown shooting a scene where she drives rapidly through a narrow alley. “I’m here for the first filming as Ha Jae Yi in ‘Lawless Lawyer’,” she says. “It’s so much fun.”

In the next scene, Seo Ye Ji is trying to get off her car while Lee Joon Gi is struggling in a fight against the car door. As she gets off, she falls and scratches her arms and legs. Lee Joon Gi immediately runs to her and asks her if she’s okay. Even as the staff tends to her, Ha Jae Yi laughs it off and turns her attention to Lee Joon Gi’s scene.

Lee Joon Gi then spends time jumping around on top of cars in a fierce chase. When the director gives him the okay, he breaks into a relieved smile. “I’ve been trying and preparing hard to show you the character of Bong Sang Pil, who’s different from other characters I’ve done so far,” he said. “I’m concerned and worry about it a lot. But I’ll do my best to make you enjoy it until the end, so it would be great if you would give me lots of support and look forward to the drama.”

“Lawless Lawyer” premieres on May 12 at 9 p.m. KST as a follow-up to “Live.”

source

57 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed titbits from the filming. Hopefully pre-production is the way of the future for more K dramas.

I can't get enough of LJG doing action scenes. Such a cool customer and very friendly with his co-stars. Hope they don't spend all their money in their early episodes that we get little to nothing down the track. :wink:

Looking good...

Agreed.I hope they film as much as possible, so that they dont rush once they go into live shooting mode.

Spoiler

We dont want a repeat of what happened in Hwayugi.Staff getting fatal injuries and seeing not properly edited footage.

Our real competition is "Secret Mother"  from SBS.It starts on the same day(12 May), and same time slot(9:00) and same genre(thriller).It also has great lead actors in the form of Song Yoona and Kim So Yeon.

So im really hoping they get the first 2 episodes right.Those are the ones that give first impression.So they should capture the audience from the start.If these two get good reviews...then we are good.The plot, directing and cinematography should be on point from the beginning.

52 minutes ago, irilight said:

shot of Choi Min-Soo took my breath away. He never fails to impress me with the intensity to his acting... I am so thrilled with the cast of this show; Especially our four leads. And great to see some beloved faces in the support cast as well

I am wondering when we will be getting the solo shots of Lee Hye Young though.She is a principal character too.

Article Translation:

“Lawless Lawyer” Lee Joon-Gi exudes charm with a different character from his previous characters (featuring Seo Yea-ji)

tumblr_p742eoY5uM1w2wd5jo1_540.jpg

The first behind-the-scenes look of Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji has been unveiled.

The producers behind tvN’s upcoming weekend drama “Lawless Lawyer” (directed by Kim Jin-min, written by Yoon Hyun-ho) released the first on-set behind-the-scenes of Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji through Naver TV.

Legal/action drama “Lawless Lawyer” tells the story of a lawless lawyer who initially uses his fists rather than the law but evolves into a true lawyer who uses the law to fight unchecked power. Lee Joon-gi plays ‘Bong Sang-pil,’ a gangster-turned-lawyer and expert in both law and violence, while Seo Yea-ji plays ‘Ha Jae-yi,’ a hotheaded lawyer who seems unable to control her aggressive impulses. 

The unveiled behind-the-scenes video shows Lee Joon-gi and Seo Yea-ji preparing for the shoot in a tense atmosphere while generating strong chemistry and sweetness and having much fun on the set.

In the video, Lee Joon-gi displays his character as a truly lawless layer. He pulls off extremely difficult action scenes like jumping over a moving car without the help of a stunt double. He makes the rehearsal look like actual filming, grabbing viewer’s attention. Only when the cinematographer shouts ‘O.K.’ does Lee Joon-gi finally flash a smile; he gives off an aura as a professional and demonstrates his commitment to creating a perfect scene.

He shares his determination and passion about the drama: “Through Bong Sang-pil, I prepared a lot and am working hard to show a different character from the characters I played before. I’m giving a lot of thought [about how to play it] and feeling worried too, but I will do my best until the very last day and work hard to make a fun, exciting drama for viewers.” His remarks make us look forward to how Bong Sang-pil will be portrayed in “Lawless Lawyer.”

Meanwhile, Seo Yea-ji’s ‘hotheaded lawyer’ Ha Jae-yi is overflowing with girl crush vibes. Despite the minor ankle and wrist injuries she got when bursting open the car door, she kept her bright smile on and seemed more concerned about co-star Lee Joon-gi.

The video shows how committed she is to building a partnership with Lee Joon-gi and focusing on every detail in the scene. It also hints at how deeply she is already immersed in her own character, raising our expectations for ‘Seo Yea-ji’s own Hae Jae-yi.’ With her eyes smiling directly at the camera, she helps lighten up the mood on set, indicating her easygoing personality.

“Lawless Lawyer” is a much-anticipated production and collaboration between Kim Jin-min, who boasted visual mastery in “Time Between Dog and Wolf,” “Pride and Prejudice,” and “Marriage Contract,” and Yoon Hyun-ho, who wrote movies “The Attorney” and “Confidential Assignment” and dramas “Remember – War of the Son.” It will premiere on May 12 (Saturday), 9 p.m. as the follow-up to “Live.”

Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000638406&l

Translated by: https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/

Lastly, TVN also update their IG:

Y'all know what to do.Press that like button and support!!!

9 hours ago, violina said:

Our real competition is "Secret Mother"  from SBS.It starts on the same day(12 May), and same time slot(9:00) and same genre(thriller).It also has great lead actors in the form of Song Yoona and Kim So Yeon.

I like both actresses in this drama. Song Yoon-na was great in K2, she was the only reason I continued to watch it, and I liked Kim So Yeon in Two Weeks. Too bad LL will be going up against this show but I hope the action will tip the scales in favour of LL, but TVN has a smaller audience so if it can hit a rating of 9%+ that would be great.

Seo Ye Ji and JoonKi Weee! SYJ I cried a lot in her last drama. I think now I will not cry every week.  I now can enjoy another Joonki in action. I was not fan of his Criminal Minds —they failed for my standard as I am a CM fan. But it is still okay. It’s just that I love CM. 

@hiluna if LL gets 9% in ratings it will be a smashing it :) Hope it gets there, if not at least 5% would be nice. 

From the little insights we have, the production looks like what I was hoping for criminal minds. It looks great, really great. I trust this director entirely for the action and "mafia" atmosphere. It is TBDAW all over again and I couldn't be happier about it. We can probably expect an exciting drama in every way : directing, acting, story and characters. 

And if we get cute and funny bts/making, thenit's the cherry on the cake :) Fighting !! 

17 hours ago, irilight said:

@violina, @pixelsticks, The first shot of Choi Min-Soo took my breath away. He never fails to impress me with the intensity to his acting... I am so thrilled with the cast of this show; Especially our four leads. And great to see some beloved faces in the support cast as well.

I know what you mean....I want more trailers....but then I also like the suspense of NOT knowing the full detail of the character as well. 

But I'd love BTS of CMS!!  I hope that will be the next clips released. 

17 hours ago, irilight said:

I urge everyone here to send license request forms to both DramaFever and Viki.

I put in my requests!  Just like I did last year with CMKR.  But I'm not expecting to have either cover it. What's up with tvN shows and licensing?  

16 hours ago, violina said:

I've been waiting for people to let us know the Sat/Sun competition.  I was also concerned since there are so many legal dramas that many casual (non LJG viewers) might not want to watch non-stop or more than one legal shows....i.e. Suits, Ms. Hammurabi, Switch: Change the World.  I do hope the ratings are respectable.  What has LIVE been like?  Since that is the show feeding into this one. 

7 hours ago, hiluna said:

but I hope the action will tip the scales in favour of LL

Fingers crossed!

3 hours ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

Seo Ye Ji and JoonKi Weee! SYJ I cried a lot in her last drama. I think now I will not cry every week.

Let's hope they don't torment us...but a LJG drama can do that! 

40 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

We can probably expect an exciting drama in every way : directing, acting, story and characters. 

I'm optimistic!!! More so than I was for Criminal Minds.  

On 14/04/2018 at 11:44 AM, hiluna said:

I like both actresses in this drama. Song Yoon-na was great in K2, she was the only reason I continued to watch it, and I liked Kim So Yeon in Two Weeks. Too bad LL will be going up against this show but I hope the action will tip the scales in favour of LL, but TVN has a smaller audience so if it can hit a rating of 9%+ that would be great.

On 14/04/2018 at 6:14 PM, leesopark16 said:

LL gets 9% in ratings it will be a smashing it :) Hope it gets there, if not at least 5% would be nice.

On 14/04/2018 at 6:57 PM, pixelsticks said:
On 14/04/2018 at 2:11 AM, violina said:

I've been waiting for people to let us know the Sat/Sun competition.  I was also concerned since there are so many legal dramas that many casual (non LJG viewers) might not want to watch non-stop or more than one legal shows....i.e. Suits, Ms. Hammurabi, Switch: Change the World.  I do hope the ratings are respectable.  What has LIVE been like?  Since that is the show feeding into this one.

@hiluna Wow 9% would be a huge hit.I think its still only Goblin and Reply that have been able to get that high on TVN though(correct me if am wrong).

@leesopark16 yeah 3%-4% is  mediocre this days but thats fine.4%-5% is very good.5%+ is a hit.But less than 3% is not so good.

@pixelsticks live is doing great.This time slot is fairly new on TVN.But so far the track record has been good.

Deserving of the Name-Average=5%

Hwayugi-Average=5%

The current airing Live-Average=4.5%

Lets see with our drama=?

Next one is Mr Sunshine=?

As to getting fed up because of  over saturation of legal dramas/crime thrillers.That would apply to apply to international drama fans though.Besides the ones that go hallyu are usually the youth/romance dramas.But Koreans seem to love their legal/thriller dramas.They do well in ratings.Thats why they keep making more of them.

But as for this drama, I know at least people will check out the first eposode because of the main cast.All four have public recognition from different demographic. Just like Criminal Minds hit 4% on first episode. But the rest of the episodes progress all comes down to the plot.

Some fan made animation:

Archived