[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I was quite confused why not Chu Yi, thinking she's the elder blood sister of Zhi He. Now it's clear why.

I wonder if Zhi He came to DH as an egg? As a crane-ling? Or like a human? Because isn't it that He is crane? Knowing how terrible DH is with names, LOL!

Most likely human baby form. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Initially I was thinking that they had Chu Yi very young, so the crane couple about to die had it into consideration that it won't be long too before their elder daughter fades. Thus, choosing Dijun was the better option to raise Zhi He.

They really shouldn't try to manipulate their adopted or flesh and blood children though to fulfill their own wishes or ambitions.

Quite certain that Zhi He's name is courtesy of DH. LOL!

Though it's hard to imagine the mini ice face DH BGG exploding into rage, the exceptions would be his mother first and foremost, and then his father. He's a very loyal and filial son, especially to FJ.

Still can not help but feel bad for FJ not really being truly over that first wedding ceremony. It must have felt that Destiny is so against them, any chance it gets, it would snatch from them what could have been moments of joy. She wouldn't really say anything until she's tipsy. In vino veritas, she does not hold back.

Very, very ecstatic that DH quietly organised and prepared for their 2nd wedding ceremony. He really meant and wanted them to be married. He wanted her to have the chance of wearing her wedding robes when the auspicious time comes for their marriage. He had put so much consideration for this wedding, from their wedding fineries to uprooting the tree from Jiuchongtian and bringing it with him to the Northern territory.

Ahahaha, DH can match toe to toe any bridezillas out there!

Also,TBH, this is the only kind of wedding ceremony that befits Dijun and Dihou. Should he finally convince her to wear those 200 dresses in the future, the ceremony should still be with the Heavenly tree, and DH reciting the same vows as he did in their battle wedding.

LMAO, the ancient and present generations of gods and immortals should hear him say those vows, if only to make their jaws drop. They'll never have that chance again, to see and listen to the poison tongued Emperor sweetly and lovingly promise with all sincerity his wish to be bonded to his Empress in all eternity.

As for Fu Ying and his ilk, they all deserve what they ended up to.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Initially I was thinking that they had Chu Yi very young, so the crane couple about to die had it into consideration that it won't be long too before their elder daughter fades. Thus, choosing Dijun was the better option to raise Zhi He.

She was adopted and I have a feeling she also successfully eloped if Feng Jiu didn't go back to the past. She would have been disowned by them

unfortunately. 

They really shouldn't try to manipulate their adopted or flesh and blood children though to fulfill their own wishes or ambitions.

Dong Hua won’t stand for manipulation which is why he would manipulate it away himself. That medication was a fantastic idea hahahha. I also couldn’t  believe he said those “wonderful night” words to them. But it happened :)

Quite certain that Zhi He's name is courtesy of DH. LOL!

lol lol lol

Though it's hard to imagine the mini ice face DH BGG exploding into rage, the exceptions would be his mother first and foremost, and then his father. He's a very loyal and filial son, especially to FJ.

that toddler raging should be funny to watch! 

Still can not help but feel bad for FJ not really being truly over that first wedding ceremony. It must have felt that Destiny is so against them, any chance it gets, it would snatch from them what could have been moments of joy. She wouldn't really say anything until she's tipsy. In vino veritas, she does not hold back.

he was already preparing for the wedding after her first visit

Very, very ecstatic that DH quietly organised and prepared for their 2nd wedding ceremony. He really meant and wanted them to be married. He wanted her to have the chance of wearing her wedding robes when the auspicious time comes for their marriage. He had put so much consideration for this wedding, from their wedding fineries to uprooting the tree from Jiuchongtian and bringing it with him to the Northern territory.

hahah he probably used his magic to do that.

Ahahaha, DH can match toe to toe any bridezillas out there!

Also,TBH, this is the only kind of wedding ceremony that befits Dijun and Dihou. Should he finally convince her to wear those 200 dresses in the future, the ceremony should still be with the Heavenly tree, and DH reciting the same vows as he did in their battle wedding.

LMAO, the ancient and present generations of gods and immortals should hear him say those vows, if only to make their jaws drop. They'll never have that chance again, to see and listen to the poison tongued Emperor sweetly and lovingly promise with all sincerity his wish to be bonded to his Empress in all eternity.

even I was shocked with the sincerity of his vows and the Crown of Gods :) red is her color!

As for Fu Ying and his ilk, they all deserve what they ended up to.

Tang qi actually didnt write who killed them. She only said the sword name so I retained it :). Those three came to no good end!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

24 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Tang qi actually didnt write who killed them. She only said the sword name so I retained it :). Those three came to no good end!

Cang'he is famous. :lol: Well, let it be said they at least died from a celebrity sword.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Sweet Sweet words! And this person said he doesn't know how to say nice things?!

“Feng Jiu of the Bai Clan is lively and intelligent. Born with natural elegance blessed by the Heavens,” the young man’s voice was gentle, “she has deeply won my heart. I willingly bind myself to her in the bonds of matrimony, faithfully staying by her side for eternity.”

I would love to see Shao Wan's reaction to that...

Sweet words shared aside, I am adding more to the notes to enlighten people on a few more things...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

On 4/25/2021 at 10:50 AM, Ninky said:

UPDATE TO ELOD BLOG:

Back to Chaos in a Dream: Chapter Seven

Three Lives Three Worlds Pillow Book Outtake

枕上书之梦回洪荒远古时

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream-chapter-seven

Chapter Seven is up!

This was a very long and challenging chapter to translate as there was everything going on!

Battles! Weddings! Drama! all happening at the same time!

It was definitely worth every bit of the time I spent on it!

I hope everyone will enjoy the story as I have tried my best to follow Tang Qi's prose as close as I can without losing the impact in English! 

And of course the editors have worked very hard on this chapter due to its length, sometimes staying up late with me!

Hope our dear readers will appreciate the story and spread the love!

AND, I love my dear editors, I would not know where I would be without your support!

Translated by @Ninky
Edited by @nitepolaris @SC2019

@Romulan Hope you enjoyed reading it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2021 at 9:23 AM, ChibiLy said:

Shao Wan and Mo Yuan's story should be a fun ride

I wonder who's gonna be third wheel/second lead in their love triangle. Honestly can't wait for Lotus step and Bodhi fate to completely released, it's going to be so exciting unraveling everyone's past and how they all matured to be the wise ancestors they are currently.

It was interesting to read that extra pillow book novel and learn so much about Dong Hua and what he's gone through without having Feng Jiu there to support him.

BUT most importantly cant wait for Mo Yuan to finally see Shao Wan again, I bet Tang Qi will know exactly how to build the story and then make us cry buckets.

On 4/24/2021 at 8:32 AM, MayanEcho said:

I don't like how they made Mo Yuan look older in the drama. He actually looks exactly like Ye Hua, not a day older.

Kind of like that he has facial hair though!. Makes me think Shao Wan comments about him looking like pretty boy got him to change his looks a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

58 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I wonder who's gonna be third wheel/second lead in their love triangle.

Hmm, far-fetched, but might there be a chance Yao Guang resurrects or reincarnates? 

Lotus Steps is 4 volumes, so perhaps not only Zu Ti returns. It kinda feels that way, given the prologue of Bodhi Fate. I'm very curious though why Mo Yuan was getting married, and who was he marrying. She's the sure 3rd wheel, if the plot doesn't change. :)

58 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Kind of like that he has facial hair though!. Makes me think Shao Wan comments about him looking like pretty boy got him to change his looks a bit. 

I prefer him too with a bit of facial hair. Oh, but that's because of Mark Chao's portrayal of Mo Yuan and Ye Hua, who looks better when he was Mo Yuan IMO. 

Movie version, Yang Yang has the pretty boy looks. It's just that he is somehow less where gravitas is concerned even if he was acting alright the role of Ye Hua and Mo Yuan. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I wonder who's gonna be third wheel/second lead in their love triangle. Honestly can't wait for Lotus step and Bodhi fate to completely released, it's going to be so exciting unraveling everyone's past and how they all matured to be the wise ancestors they are currently.

It was interesting to read that extra pillow book novel and learn so much about Dong Hua and what he's gone through without having Feng Jiu there to support him.

BUT most importantly cant wait for Mo Yuan to finally see Shao Wan again, I bet Tang Qi will know exactly how to build the story and then make us cry buckets.

Ill be working with the other girls on lotus step as soon as outtake is done. There are only 2 chapters left for me to complete and once thats out of the way i am starting translation from chapter 16 of Lotus Step working backwards. The other two will be working forwards from second half of chapter 2  and they have been working hard on it.

Looking forward to bringing the rest of volume one to you guys! You will see some Shao Wan and mo yuan in volume one.

You will want to slap Lian Song a lot, trust me!

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1

Feng Jiu is such an unbelievably mature and understanding wife. She is wiser than her 30,000 years. I think she will become a wise Queen of Qing Qiu accompanied by Dong Hua, the retired King of Gods for eternity.

"She smiled slightly, “Did you know that in 260,000 years, as long as Di Jun is honoured in the halls of Tai Chen Palace, no one in the four races of Heaven and Earth would dare to act rashly. The man I admire and adore is not simply a respected God that anyone can ask to love like a regular man and woman. He has to carry the burden of the world on his shoulders, and I have always understood this.”

- Back to Chaos in a Dream, Chapter 7

BGG is the young master of Tai Chen Palace, but I think as he is a nine-tailed fox, he is next in line to be the next ruler of Qing Qiu's Eastern Realm or even the new Fox King. The sword his mother hid in her Bing Cang ceremony will belong to BGG. I think it will also depend on the number of children they have. Most likely 2. Feng Jiu's Tao Zu sword was made and hidden by Bai Qian many many years ago.

Interesting tidbit about Lotus Steps:

Tang Qi said Lian Song will have many love rivals throughout the Lotus Step story and one of them is of the same gender as her! Muhahahahah! That will spice things up nicely. And I do not feel sorry for Lian Song at all as I am angry with him where Vol 1 ended. He is such a fool!

PS. Have added more notes to Chapter 7 of outtake and I have one or two more to add. :)

The original Mandala flower was the wrong picture so this has been updated to the beautiful red chinese hibiscus (which is the correct one), so it was mainly raining red, gold and white flowers. What a beautiful sight to behold!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, Megan said:

Will this be added to the compilation of the pillow book chaos Dream at the end?

All Glossaries will be at the end of each chapter, just like the copy on the blog.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Previously, the matter about Di Jun having a Di Hou had spread like wildfire throughout the Eight Realms. But as most of the God race had never seen the legendary Di Hou, many people had remained skeptical about it. Feng Jiu’s trip to Jie Shui had proven the rumour to be true.

Aww, the collective sound of broken hearts that DH is really married! Huh, the ladies of the God race are quite stubborn, though maybe only mostly those who live in Jiuchongtian? The Demon ladies who are more bold aren't mentioned, so I guess they are really much more sport than their God counterparts even if they didn't see FJ either. They didn't doubt Jin Jin for sure.

However, Feng Jiu was completely unaware about these events, and made a pact with Di Jun that if the battlefields were fine in the following month, she would bring Bai Gun Gun along to see him. Although she could not bear to leave him, she did not openly express it, and sensibly returned to the Heavenly Jade Sea along with Fei Wei.

I can imagine the gawking if they've also seen BGG. :D They'll probably be all thinking, another ice face, another poison tongue, another bad cook, hahahaha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Aww, the collective sound of broken hearts that DH is really married! Huh, the ladies of the God race are quite stubborn, though maybe only mostly those who live in Jiuchongtian? The Demon ladies who are more bold aren't mentioned, so I guess they are really much more sport than their God counterparts even if they didn't see FJ either. They didn't doubt Jin Jin for sure.

Actually the ladies who like DH could still try to be his concubine like SJ did. Though apparently for JH, she rather be queen because she correctly believes Dong Hua does not want a harem

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, Megan said:

Actually the ladies who like DH could still try to be his concubine like SJ did. Though apparently for JH, she rather be queen because she correctly believes Dong Hua does not want a harem

He can't be dictated though to take a wife as not even his foster parents was able to make him marry their other adopted daughter. Unless he agrees, it's doubtful that he'll be in a situation that he will be forced to take a wife or make him accept concubines.

×××××÷÷÷÷÷×××××

One thing I think to be noted of the crane immortals:

Di Jun was unconcerned. He carried Feng Jiu in one arm, while using his other hand to magick a bottle of medicine, placing it in front of the couple’s marital bed, “This medicine can assist the both of you in welcoming a child sooner.” He thought about it, and patted the groom on his shoulder, “Don’t disappoint me.” After that, he left the bridal chamber carrying Feng Jiu in his arms.

The crane couple had their own child Zhi He very late in their lives.

The medicine DH prepared for the newly-weds was meant to assist them conceiving very soon, so perhaps the crane immortals take a very long time, or it's difficult for them to have children? Because why for instance that the immortal couple adopted twice (even if they didn't really care much for DH). They must have been trying their best but only succeeded when they were about to fade.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He can't be dictated though to take a wife as not even his foster parents was able to make him marry their other adopted daughter. Unless he agrees, it's doubtful that he'll be in a situation that he will be forced to take a wife or make him accept concubines.

×××××÷÷÷÷÷×××××

One thing I think to be noted of the crane immortals:

Di Jun was unconcerned. He carried Feng Jiu in one arm, while using his other hand to magick a bottle of medicine, placing it in front of the couple’s marital bed, “This medicine can assist the both of you in welcoming a child sooner.” He thought about it, and patted the groom on his shoulder, “Don’t disappoint me.” After that, he left the bridal chamber carrying Feng Jiu in his arms.

The crane couple had their own child Zhi He very late in their lives.

The medicine DH prepared for the newly-weds was meant to assist them conceiving very soon, so perhaps the crane immortals take a very long time, or it's difficult for them to have children? Because why for instance that the immortal couple adopted twice (even if they didn't really care much for DH). They must have been trying their best but only succeeded when they were about to fade.

Not sure if Chu Yi is a crane as well. Maybe not?

Dong Hua is also very good at medicines and so gave them a hand so that the raw rice becomes cooked and the wood becomes a boat hahahhaha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2