[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

23 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The boy was hopping mad over Fairy Chu Yi. But later, he also knew that Chu Yi already loved someone else. Based on the way he relayed the whole story to Feng Xing, he obviously supported his mother's cause to help them hahaha!

LOL, even if it is uncharacteristic of BGG, won't be surprised if he had lie down on the ground kicking once he understood what the crane couple wanted Chu Yi to be. The boy is loyal to FJ, and his ten years with DH, his father only had eyes to his mother.

33 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Feng Xing was the one who panicked hahaha! Btw that place was the ancestral home of Feng Jiu's mother  (maternal ancestor's home as per translation). It is likely the home of Fairy Mother, Fu Mi her maternal grandmother. It is also in the Eastern Realm. The Eastern Realm is the region where the nine tailed foxes and the scarlet foxes originated from anyway. 

You meant Fei Wei, right? LOL, I'm interchanging their names too...Fei Wei, Feng Xing, Fu Ying, Fu Zi. Lots of F names/titles in the story, hahaha! W X Y Z! Apart from FJ and Fushen!

37 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Oh ya I am going to include pictures of the Meng Ji beast. And if I can some of the flowers. This chapter will have a very long note list.

Yay! Aside from the chapter's highlight,  I'm looking forward to the pics and the flowers!

37 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL, even if it is uncharacteristic of BGG, won't be surprised if he had lie down on the ground kicking once he understood what the crane couple wanted Chu Yi to be. The boy is loyal to FJ, and his ten years with DH, his father only had eyes to his mother.

You meant Fei Wei, right? LOL, I'm interchanging their names too...Fei Wei, Feng Xing, Fu Ying, Fu Zi. Lots of F names/titles in the story, hahaha! W X Y Z! Apart from FJ and Fushen!

I translated the Master (Fu Zi), and some of those minor characters because it would make sense to more people. Fu Zi (夫子)don't make sense to most English speakers. They don't realise it means a teacher. Master is the correct translated name for them for that time period. Another name for Teacher in a latter period in ancient China was "Xian Sheng" 先生。 It's what the Japanese still call their teachers, "Sensei". Also Fu Shen = Father God.

At least people know he is one of the first gods if translated this way. This dragon couple had a pair of twins - Ye Hua and Mo Yuan. :D. I don't like how they made Mo Yuan look older in the drama. He actually looks exactly like Ye Hua, not a day older. So Shao Wan's future husband and Bai Qian's husband looks the same. Oops!

Yay! Aside from the chapter's highlight,  I'm looking forward to the pics and the flowers!

Got all the flower pictures downloaded including the beasts. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I don't like how they made Mo Yuan look older in the drama. He actually looks exactly like Ye Hua, not a day older.

I actually like Mark Chao's looks as Mo Yuan more than Ye Hua. It's the same actor, but his eyes are kinder and cheekbones looked nicer as the elder twin. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ninky said:

So Shao Wan's future husband and Bai Qian's husband looks the same. Oops!

So not only the ladies can do their mischief to their husbands, the brothers can also trick their wives. Fair enough, hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I translated the Master (Fu Zi), and some of those minor characters because it would make sense to more people. Fu Zi (夫子)don't make sense to most English speakers. They don't realise it means a teacher. Master is the correct translated name for them for that time period. Another name for Teacher in a latter period in ancient China was "Xian Sheng" 先生。 It's what the Japanese still call their teachers, "Sensei". Also Fu Shen = Father God.

At least people know he is one of the first gods if translated this way. This dragon couple had a pair of twins - Ye Hua and Mo Yuan. :D. I don't like how they made Mo Yuan look older in the drama. He actually looks exactly like Ye Hua, not a day older. So Shao Wan's future husband and Bai Qian's husband looks the same. Oops!

Got all the flower pictures downloaded including the beasts. 

Hooray!

Actually I looked at that alot because I always like to see how they change things when its the same actor but playing as if 2 distinct personalities.

It has to do with how he holds himself both the way he sits and his head position, the facial hair, hair style and it does make sense. He physically will appear the same but Mo Yuan has been throught alot and lost alot.   Mo Yuan always has slight smile but tinged with sadness/wistfulness but Ye Hua has a solemn look. When he smiles its big smile because growing up he wasnt ever allowed to be carefree but was stuck in serious studying since he was super little.  Also Ye Hua normally has his hair down looking younger and less drawn in the face, and he tends to hold his head and posture tall and contained.

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I actually like Mark Chao's looks as Mo Yuan more than Ye Hua. It's the same actor, but his eyes are kinder and cheekbones looked nicer as the elder twin. :lol:

So not only the ladies can do their mischief to their husbands, the brothers can also trick their wives. Fair enough, hahaha!

Lol they could try but Bai Qian knows them both really well - do you think she cant tell the difference?  I've know several identical twin sets, and I could tell them apart by very subtle tells.   (it was actually funny when I called them by their correct name and turns out they were teasing people by pretending to be the other and they wanted to know how they messed up. )   But yes Mo Yuan definitely has a softer aspect of someone who can let things go, while Ye Hua is very intense.

a3f0562af6e604b2d98523b41555c423.jpg

I like this photo above for the side by side. -- you can also see it below.  The other thing Mo Yuan tends to hold his hands behind his back while Ye Hua tends to hold his in front of him. clasped together.  Makeup is also at work here too.

052f30da06f3f02fbcee3b62c2897f13.jpg

• Like 3

He isn't in love with Bai Qian at all. Tang Qi has said this many times but the drama implied otherwise. Now that we know that he loved Shao Wan so much, I see him in a completely different light.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ninky said:

He isn't in love with Bai Qian at all. Tang Qi has said this many times but the drama implied otherwise. Now that we know that he loved Shao Wan so much, I see him in a completely different light.

Even in the drama -except for when Zhe Lan made the suggestion and I saw the slight hope.  I saw in the drama more of it being a foster father that really loved and missed his foster daughter - which is what the master/disciple relationship level was suppose to be. His actions are much more of a father's in how he treated BQ prior to the Bell incident. Then even later on when he was warning her about the extra rules and regs in the Celestial tribe. 

Now knowing about Shao Wan, I really think that BQ reminded him of his lost love and made him love his foster daughter/disciple so much more.

I think a part of him had hoped that BQ couldve stayed at Kunlun but seeing how much time had past and that was she was abut to be married and he was aware of how much he missed out on seeing including seeing his twin for so many years- made him sad.  (I think he probably really regretted making the stupid bell).  

It actually annoys me in stories where they have the main leads if master/disciple become instead wanting to lovers when its intended for master/disciple to be foster parent/foster child in closeness.  (Journey of Flower is the one that comes to mind but I know Ive seen it several times).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Me too! With the exception of the pattern of Mo Yuan's outfits. 

12 hours ago, Ninky said:

I don't like how they made Mo Yuan look older in the drama. He actually looks exactly like Ye Hua, not a day older. So Shao Wan's future husband and Bai Qian's husband looks the same. Oops!

I did like the facial hair though, it looked good on Mark :lol:

If I remember correctly, Bai Qian could tell the difference because Ye Hua's hair is lighter and her Shifu's eyes were not as calm, or vice versa...

3 hours ago, Romulan said:

It actually annoys me in stories where they have the main leads if master/disciple become instead wanting to lovers when its intended for master/disciple to be foster parent/foster child in closeness.  (Journey of Flower is the one that comes to mind but I know Ive seen it several times).

True, it's a bit of a cliché.

• Like 1

Btw the translation is roughly 40pages including notes....

That included the chinese text but english alone would still be at least 25-30 pages...

That's why it took a bit of time as I still have to juggle family commitments :D

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Btw the translation is roughly 40pages including notes....

That included the chinese text but english alone would still be at least 25-30 pages...

That's why it took a bit of time as I still have to juggle family commitments :D

Wow. That's a lot of typing. And it isn't really mere typing but translating and thinking through of what would be the more appropriate word to use without losing the author's tone of story-telling and her humour.

And of course we understand if it's taking time. Family time and commitments should still be the priority. ^_^

UPDATE TO ELOD BLOG:

Back to Chaos in a Dream: Chapter Seven

Three Lives Three Worlds Pillow Book Outtake

枕上书之梦回洪荒远古时

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream-chapter-seven

Chapter Seven is up!

This was a very long and challenging chapter to translate as there was everything going on!

Battles! Weddings! Drama! all happening at the same time!

It was definitely worth every bit of the time I spent on it!

I hope everyone will enjoy the story as I have tried my best to follow Tang Qi's prose as close as I can without losing the impact in English! 

And of course the editors have worked very hard on this chapter due to its length, sometimes staying up late with me!

Hope our dear readers will appreciate the story and spread the love!

AND, I love my dear editors, I would not know where I would be without your support!

Translated by @Ninky
Edited by @nitepolaris @SC2019
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

Do you think Dong Hua would have married Chu Yi if Feng Jiu had not arrived? Doubtful since history did not mention marriage

Answer is no because he would have used a ruse to prevent it from happening. Much like what he did here, so they won't bother him again.

• Like 1

Woah, didn't see this coming.

What the historical annals of the Great Chaos period did not record was the fact that the spirit crane couple, aside from giving birth to Zhi He before they faded, had adopted a daughter in their earlier years named Chu Yi.

Ooo, so Chu Yi is also adopted! No wonder now that between the two adopted children to will the future care and upbringing of Zhi He, the crane couple chose the more powerful Master of the Universe!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Woah, didn't see this coming.

What the historical annals of the Great Chaos period did not record was the fact that the spirit crane couple, aside from giving birth to Zhi He before they faded, had adopted a daughter in their earlier years named Chu Yi.

Ooo, so Chu Yi is also adopted! No wonder now that between the two adopted children to will the future care and upbringing of Zhi He, the crane couple chose the more powerful Master of the Universe!

Yep, she was also adopted. The only flesh and blood they had was Zhi He, they might have had problems laying eggs for a long time? They are cranes!

But they are using their children adopted or not as a means to an end. Not good!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

Yep, she was also adopted. The only flesh and blood they had was Zhi He, they might have had problems laying eggs for a long time? They are cranes!

I was quite confused why not Chu Yi, thinking she's the elder blood sister of Zhi He. Now it's clear why.

I wonder if Zhi He came to DH as an egg? As a crane-ling? Or like a human? Because isn't it that He is crane? Knowing how terrible DH is with names, LOL!

• Like 1