[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Not sure if Chu Yi is a crane as well. Maybe not?

Dong Hua is also very good at medicines and so gave them a hand so that the raw rice becomes cooked and the wood becomes a boat hahahhaha!

Right on that too, they can be both cranes, only one is crane, or both are not cranes. They may not be even of the same original form.

Huh, it concerns DH too, that's why he gave them medicine that helps conceive immediately. If the newly-weds aren't with a child very soon, the foster parents will not stop trying to separate them. DH is avoiding that very big possibility of the crane couple asking for his help with this matter.

Ahahaha, DH is so shameless and so confident of his brew. He told them not to disappoint him, LOL!

××××××÷÷÷÷÷××××××

One more for pondering: even though he's such a recluse that Mi Gu thought he was seeing things when DH joined the wedding procession, turns out that DH isn't that recluse who can't stand the noise and the crowd. He is keeping to himself in Tai Chen Palace by choice.

He's probably hiding from matchmakers, hahahaha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Right on that too, they can be both cranes, only one is crane, or both are not cranes. They may not be even of the same original form.

Huh, it concerns DH too, that's why he gave them medicine that helps conceive immediately. If the newly-weds aren't with a child very soon, the foster parents will not stop trying to separate them. DH is avoiding that very big possibility of the crane couple asking for his help with this matter.

Ahahaha, DH is so shameless and so confident of his brew. He told them not to disappoint him, LOL!

××××××÷÷÷÷÷××××××

One more for pondering: even though he's such a recluse that Mi Gu thought he was seeing things when DH joined the wedding procession, turns out that DH isn't that recluse who can't stand the noise and the crowd. He is keeping to himself in Tai Chen Palace by choice.

He's probably hiding from matchmakers, hahahaha!

That's what the phrase "raw rice boiled into cooked rice, wood made into a boat" meant. Coz when they conceive, it's set in stone. Can't beat the mandarin ducks with a stick anymore.

Wonder if he'll try that brew on himself and Feng Jiu hahahahaha! He is shameless after all. Probably  not though, her cultivation is temporary at 0. She will need to cultivate in time for her next trial in about 20,000 -30,000 years. She has time to cultivate though.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Just now, Ninky said:

That's what the phrase "raw rice boiled into cooked rice, wood made into a boat" meant. Coz when they conceive, it's set in stone. Can't beat the mandarin ducks with a stick anymore.

Wonder if he'll try that brew on himself and Feng Jiu hahahahaha!

Don’t think he needed to. He was not planning for children because he didn’t want to share his wife. He didn’t need to worry about her parents trying to separate them...

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

Don’t think he needed to. He was not planning for children because he didn’t want to share his wife. He didn’t need to worry about her parents trying to separate them...

It'll come when it comes. Anyway her body isn't up to it atm. Tang Qi did say they'll have 2 and most likely a girl. That cultivation has to be worked on first. 

And I can see BGG has a good relationship with his Dad. The only time he can't disturb them is when they are "revising" school work. :naughty:. His problem pales in comparison with A-Li and Ye Hua.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Wonder if he'll try that brew on himself and Feng Jiu hahahahaha! He is shameless after all.

Does DH and FJ still need that brew...isn't BGG enough proof yet they don't need to, hahahaha! Unless there's more to it with that brew, and it is not just to help couples conceiving immediately? LMAO! Is it also ehem, starts with letter A, ends with letter C, middle letter D, and a tonic named after the Greek goddess of love, beauty, and fertility? :joy::naughty:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Does DH and FJ still need that brew...isn't BGG enough proof yet they don't need to, hahahaha! Unless there's more to it with that brew, and it is not just to help couples conceiving immediately? LMAO! Is it also ehem, starts with letter A, ends with letter C, middle letter D, and a tonic named after the Greek goddess of love, beauty, and fertility? :joy::naughty:

Ahahaha I know what that word is.  I mean ahem Dong Hua does NOT need that. They "revise" schoolwork often as Bai Gun Gun puts it. 

Anyway just went to clean up old articles from Tang Qi. Going in to change "Era of great desolation" to Era of Great Chaos."

So revised Tang Qi's 3L3W classes hahah. And this is what I gleaned:

'******

Dong Hua & Tian Jun & Bai Zhi

Now that we have finished talking about the content in the current era, I know that some of our fellow sisters are looking forward to finding out more about Mo Yuan and Dong Hua from the Era of Great Chaos.

Information regarding Mo Yuan will be left to Bodhi Fate. Without revealing the plot as a premise, we can talk a little more about Dong Hua.

Q1: Which Clan does Dong Hua belong to?

A: Before Father God picked him up and brought him back to the Water Marsh (水沼泽), he is neither God nor Demon. After following Father God back to Water Marsh, it is rumoured that he had “abandoned the path of the Demon race and chosen the God race ".

Q2: When Dong Hua became the master of the universe, was he the supreme ruler of the Four Seas and Eight Realms?

A: Yes.

Dong Hua was once the Master of the Universe, so it is only natural for him to be worthy of the royalty within the clan addressing themselves as his subject.
…….

She was a bit distracted. She was well aware of the glory of a great war hero that Dong Hua carried, but he had already retired from affairs of the world when she first got to know him.

His usual routine now consists of mixing incense, pottery making, art and fishing, all his interests made him appear endearing to her. She had never once thought about the time when he was the Master of the Universe and his majestic presence when the six realms worshipped and consecrated him.

— [ Three Lives Three Worlds Pillow Book ] Volume 2, Chapter 5

Hence, during the period when Dong Hua was the master of the universe, anyone regardless of their origins and immortal rank, be it the Four Seas and Eight Realms, the Thirty Six Heavens, the Kings of the Demon, Ghost and Monster races or his subordinates or the clans he had defeated, he is more than worthy of the respect given to him when they kneel and address themselves as his subjects.

However, since he left office and retired to Tai Chen Palace on the Thirteenth Heavens and settled into the Heavenly Clan’s territory, he is regarded as having “dropped into the Heavenly Clan’s account”.

To have the ability to fight and launch an expedition against your enemies during the chaotic Era of Great Chaos and firmly establish yourself as the Master of Heaven and Earth is not an easy feat.

If your methods were seen as weak, the people under your command will become a mess like a pot of porridge, the only way to suppress the enemy is to employ strength and ruthlessness to establish some stability.

Even after he followed the Heavenly Clan and walked in step with them as they became more powerful over the passing years, Dong Hua gradually transferred his authority to the young Tian Jun of the time and moved into Tai Chen Palace to enjoy life.

— [ Three Lives Three Worlds Pillow Book ] Volume 1, Chapter 4

As an immortal who lives with the philosophy of “not being particularly interested in matters related to unifying the world" and just wanting to retire in Tai Chen Palace “in complete peace and quiet”, the previous Master of the Universe retreated and chose Tai Chen Palace in the Heavenly Clan’s “account” to enjoy life.

In the current era where the Heavenly Clan and the Fox Clan are on equal footing with each other, Di Jun naturally won’t accept the formal rite of bowing from the monarchs of both clans (Tian Jun & Fox King, Bai Zhi), but Tian Jun and Bai Zhi will still need to greet him with a simple rite of courtesy whenever they meet the former master.

But as the title of Master of the Universe is too distinguished, smaller clans that belong to the God race such as the Queen of the Bi Yi Niao will still need to bow to Di Jun formally.

SO in the series, they made the Nine Tailed Fox Clan bow to the Heavenly Lord's edict is so wrong it's not funny!
And both Dong Hua and Ye Hua are both their grand son-in-law and son-in-law respectively. And both happen to have the same "Hua" word in it.
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

My OCR converted the Chinese text for Yan Zhi vegetable as Peng Zhi vegetable in Chapter 7. Lucky I double checked on book as I remembered it to be Yan Zhi from the original pillow book.

I am running through all the stuff on the blog and correcting potential mistakes right now haha.

• Wiggle 1

28 minutes ago, Ninky said:

My OCR converted the Chinese text for Yan Zhi vegetable as Peng Zhi vegetable in Chapter 7. Lucky I double checked on book as I remembered it to be Yan Zhi from the original pillow book.

What vegetables are Peng Zhi and Yan Zhi?

19 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

What vegetables are Peng Zhi and Yan Zhi?

It's not peng zhi at all . should have been yan zhi (the word means rouge).

This has been corrected in Chapter 7.

Full steam work on Chapter 8 tomorrow. I am currently working on correcting some minor errors in the Long timeline thing.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

It's not peng zhi at all . should have been yan zhi (the word means rouge).

This has been corrected in Chapter 7.

Full steam work on Chapter 8 tomorrow. I am currently working on correcting some minor errors in the Long timeline thing.

What vegatable equivalent is that?  @UnluckyWhiteCat used spinach.   It was one of the variations I was curious about as I was doing a re-read! :) 

Sorry Ive been gone for a few days RL can be crazy at times! I need to go read thru all the blog posts too!

Also good news - my Legend of FuYao fighting outfit arrived after being in shipping limbo for over 20 days before listed as clearing customs! 

Arriving the same day was my fox candy molds, and the flower mini cake molds.  So 1 step closer to recreating the meals in the ELOD!!!  

Shared links for both the blog and Unluckycats site in another group, so might see an uptick in traffic! :) 

12 hours ago, Ninky said:

It'll come when it comes. Anyway her body isn't up to it atm. Tang Qi did say they'll have 2 and most likely a girl. That cultivation has to be worked on first. 

And I can see BGG has a good relationship with his Dad. The only time he can't disturb them is when they are "revising" school work. :naughty:. His problem pales in comparison with A-Li and Ye Hua.

Lol. A'Li and his dad have a good relationship just A'Li is not good at timing and thinks that he should pre-empt his dad on time with Bai Qian.  What A'Li should be doing is focusing on his schoolwork to get done faster so he can spend time with BQ while his dad is busy with his duties or asking his mom for help with his schoolwork. The problem is he keeps interrupting when Ye Hua finally has carved out time.   

Though the fact he is going to do 3 years at Kunlun mountain should help ease things up a bit!

7 hours ago, Ninky said:

SO in the series, they made the Nine Tailed Fox Clan bow to the Heavenly Lord's edict is so wrong it's not funny!

And both Dong Hua and Ye Hua are both their grand son-in-law and son-in-law respectively. And both happen to have the same "Hua" word in it.

Agreed! maybe there could end up being a scene in the 3rd series that corrects that mistake somehow. (heh Id love for the Fox King to issue an edict!) 

I know you've mentioned it before but what does that "Hua" translate to? I know you said that his name and Bai Qian's are good pairing. (really need character list with chinese characters, translation, and actual meaning of the name. 

12 hours ago, Ninky said:

Wonder if he'll try that brew on himself and Feng Jiu hahahahaha! He is shameless after all. Probably  not though, her cultivation is temporary at 0. She will need to cultivate in time for her next trial in about 20,000 -30,000 years. She has time to cultivate though.

Probably not safe to do it while her cultivation is so low too since 9 tailed foxes have hard 3 year long pregnancies, and thats part of the reason that BQ slept so much when pregnant. 

On 4/27/2021 at 2:15 AM, MayanEcho said:

Previously, the matter about Di Jun having a Di Hou had spread like wildfire throughout the Eight Realms. But as most of the God race had never seen the legendary Di Hou, many people had remained skeptical about it. Feng Jiu’s trip to Jie Shui had proven the rumour to be true.

Aww, the collective sound of broken hearts that DH is really married! Huh, the ladies of the God race are quite stubborn, though maybe only mostly those who live in Jiuchongtian? The Demon ladies who are more bold aren't mentioned, so I guess they are really much more sport than their God counterparts even if they didn't see FJ either. They didn't doubt Jin Jin for sure.

However, Feng Jiu was completely unaware about these events, and made a pact with Di Jun that if the battlefields were fine in the following month, she would bring Bai Gun Gun along to see him. Although she could not bear to leave him, she did not openly express it, and sensibly returned to the Heavenly Jade Sea along with Fei Wei.

I can imagine the gawking if they've also seen BGG. :D They'll probably be all thinking, another ice face, another poison tongue, another bad cook, hahahaha!

I suspect that they would get deterred at the thought of marring newlywed bliss -now in a few decades or so I could see them having the daring to try again. -- Unless Shao Wan shows up during that time and puts a kabosh on such antics.  (Someone else to interfere in her chances to pet or comb red and silver fox tails? 

That reminds me, how long did MY need to seclude himself after his return to regain his cultivation? Just a century or so?  (since it took over a 150yrs of negotiating to settle on the marriage rites?

On 4/24/2021 at 10:28 PM, Ninky said:

Answer is no because he would have used a ruse to prevent it from happening. Much like what he did here, so they won't bother him again.

i  dont think a ruse wouldve been needed. he wouldve found out about her actual love and assisted behind the scenes to ensure that everything worked out correctly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

"Hua" means splendid, magnificent. Also means flower, and China.

So Bai Qian is  Magnificant White?  

Which is the Ye in Ye Hua mean? 

On 4/26/2021 at 10:54 PM, Ninky said:

Feng Jiu is such an unbelievably mature and understanding wife. She is wiser than her 30,000 years. I think she will become a wise Queen of Qing Qiu accompanied by Dong Hua, the retired King of Gods for eternity.

"She smiled slightly, “Did you know that in 260,000 years, as long as Di Jun is honoured in the halls of Tai Chen Palace, no one in the four races of Heaven and Earth would dare to act rashly. The man I admire and adore is not simply a respected God that anyone can ask to love like a regular man and woman. He has to carry the burden of the world on his shoulders, and I have always understood this.”

- Back to Chaos in a Dream, Chapter 7

BGG is the young master of Tai Chen Palace, but I think as he is a nine-tailed fox, he is next in line to be the next ruler of Qing Qiu's Eastern Realm or even the new Fox King. The sword his mother hid in her Bing Cang ceremony will belong to BGG. I think it will also depend on the number of children they have. Most likely 2. Feng Jiu's Tao Zu sword was made and hidden by Bai Qian many many years ago.

Hmmm. I wonder how many more kids Bai Qian will have?  

We know she is pregnant with a second one. (though twins would be great and reduce how much time BQ spends pregnant and sleeping.  -at least this time she isnt stuck to the palace hall like before. 

If Feng Jiu has 2 as well, then at the very least we got inheritors for 2 of the 5 realms.  (since A'Li is heir to the Celestial clan's throne and one will be Dong Hua's heir. Who knows he might decide they need to do some serious traveling once their kids grow up!)

I think Bai Qian's brothers need to get a move on. Of the 4 only 2nd brother has had any kids -and Feng Jui needs a sibling to inherit 2nd brother's realm, and I suspect 4th brother will want to pass his realm down to Bai Qian 2nd child, so he can just stay in the Peach Blossom forest full time instead of just his current MOST of the time (lol).  

Do we know if Feng Jui's mom is a single tailed red fox or a multi tailed fox?

I love the idea that BGG will eventually get the sword his mother made!  I didnt realize that FengJiu got the one Bai Qian hid!  --and Bai Qian got her fan when it picked her at Kunlun on her arrival. 

On 4/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, Ninky said:

Ill be working with the other girls on lotus step as soon as outtake is done. There are only 2 chapters left for me to complete and once thats out of the way i am starting translation from chapter 16 of Lotus Step working backwards. The other two will be working forwards from second half of chapter 2  and they have been working hard on it.

Looking forward to bringing the rest of volume one to you guys! You will see some Shao Wan and mo yuan in volume one.

You will want to slap Lian Song a lot, trust me!

Hooray! I will admit to really really wanting to see more Mo Yuan and Shao Wan!   not quite as eager to seeing Lian song being foolish!  

On 4/26/2021 at 1:30 AM, Ninky said:

@Romulan Hope you enjoyed reading it!

Oh I most definitely did!!! 

Debating on if I can find one of those trees plant and have it thrive in Florida's sandy soil or not..

You know I am wondering, it only makes sense that this incident was recorded.  Surely Dong Hua had some good painters/carvers who would capture the event in full color.   Knowing Feng Jiu, these plus whatever she could draw from her point of view wouldve been painted and shown to Bai Gun Gun.  

While these would have disappeared if left in the past ...do you think there is any chance that FJ mightve had a copy she kept on her person when she was at Water Marsh that wouldve then traveled to the future with her? 

If not,  Zu Ti and Feng Jiu need to get this properly recorded (just like she was doing  in Fox form to show DH's method of clearing the Evil Lotus land.)   No way should this only live on in their 2 memory!  and you know that Si Ming will want all the details too!

Oh that reminds me does anyone know what is Si Ming's other form? (if he has one?)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Romulan said:

So Bai Qian is  Magnificant White?  

Which is the Ye in Ye Hua mean?

The "hua (華)" means magnificent (can also be used to mean "flowery / flower" XD). It's the one in Yehua and Donghua.

The ye in Yehua (夜華) means "night."

In Bai Qian, the characters are 白淺. The 白 (bai) is "white" and the 淺 (qian) is "shallow / superficial / pale, etc." 

5 hours ago, Romulan said:

What vegatable equivalent is that?  @UnluckyWhiteCat used spinach.   It was one of the variations I was curious about as I was doing a re-read! :)

These are the characters for the vegetable: 胭脂菜

This is what I'm getting as the specific species: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basella_alba

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Do we know if Feng Jui's mom is a single tailed red fox or a multi tailed fox?

Her mother is a single tailed red fox.

Interbreeding was not easy between a nine-tailed white fox and a red fox. As the only nine-tailed red fox in the world, she also grew up so handsomely, thus it could be considered ancestral blessings. (PB2, p179)

38 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Oh that reminds me does anyone know what is Si Ming's other form? (if he has one?)

None has been mentioned so far if the Star Lord has another form. Maybe there'll be more about Si Ming in the next books. :)

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Her mother is a single tailed red fox.

Interbreeding was not easy between a nine-tailed white fox and a red fox. As the only nine-tailed red fox in the world, she also grew up so handsomely, thus it could be considered ancestral blessings. (PB2, p179)

None has been mentioned so far if the Star Lord has another form. 

In that case 2nd brother gets a pass if Feng Jiu is their only child, and we know 4th Brother wont have kids unless he adopts. (which is why I think he might pass it to Bai Qian's 2nd child)  but the other 3 brothers have no excuse!!!

23 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

The "hua (華)" means magnificent (can also be used to mean "flowery / flower" XD). It's the one in Yehua and Donghua.

The ye in Yehua (夜華) means "night."

In Bai Qian, the characters are 白淺. The 白 (bai) is "white" and the 淺 (qian) is "shallow / superficial / pale, etc." 

These are the characters for the vegetable: 胭脂菜

This is what I'm getting as the specific species: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basella_alba

Hi @UnluckyWhiteCat havnt seen you around for a few weeks!.

Bleck.. Shallow or Superficial White doesnt sound like something the parents would name their only daughter --any other meanings?  :S

Cool! I may just order some of that plant -sounds like it would do well in my grandmother's backyard.

3 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Hi @UnluckyWhiteCat havnt seen you around for a few weeks!.

Bleck.. Shallow or Superficial White doesnt sound like something the parents would name their only daughter --any other meanings?  :S

Heehee, I'm still around, I just tend to fall a little more on the lurker-y side, so whenever I fall off the face of the earth, that's why. I am keeping up with the thread though, I just don't always log on / comment. ^_^ 

Mmm, I'll copy a list of possible definitions of the word for you: 

shallow; not deep
superficial; surface; minimal; insignificant
simple; easy-to-understand
not intimate; distant
(of colours) light; pale
- Synonym: 淡 (dàn)
(of time) short; not long
(of level) slight; light

Also about the Siming thing, I think it's possible that he might not have one, because he's a figure in Chinese mythology, who, as far as I know, doesn't have another form, so Tangqi might choose not to assign him an animal form. Also, not all the immortals have alternate forms, for example, there are those humans who cultivate to become immortal, and (at least I assume) that they retain their human forms because that's their original form. And then obviously there are other gods like DH who don't have another form either.

• Wiggle 1

31 minutes ago, Romulan said:

I've seen translations of Bai Qian as White Light. So it quite matches Ye Hua's name. :) Even Su Su if I remember correctly has almost the same meaning as Bai Qian.

Hey there @UnluckyWhiteCat

The old thread may have been accidentally deleted so guys, please redirect your posts here

@MayanEcho @Romulan @Megan @Bai Gun Gun @Aari sky @Pesca @UnluckyWhiteCat @ipohtown  @SilverDawn @SC2019 @nitepolaris

@pawla @ChibiLy @Sleepy Owl @Ang_could

Anyone else who knows previous followers of the old thread, kindly tag them? :D

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The old thread may have been accidentally deleted so guys, please redirect your posts here

@MayanEcho @Romulan @Megan @Bai Gun Gun @Aari sky @Pesca @UnluckyWhiteCat @ipohtown

Anyone else who knows previous followers of the old thread, kindly tag them? :D

Im checking back thru my email notification for other names: @pawla  @ChibiLy @SilverDawn @Sleepy Owl @Ang_could are a few others Ive found so far!

• Like 1
  • Blob 2