[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

27 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Much later on, during her heavenly trial, she would be abused and almost get murdered by the celestials in Jiuchongtian. The very celestials to whom she would be their future crown princess and later on heavenly empress. They are one of the clans she quietly saved as she reinforced the spell on Qing Cang's seal, but they spat on her because she was like a mortal that time she was captured by the Hao De. From Tianjun who wants her killed to the maids who were pushing her and locking her up because she is a mortal pregnant of Ye Hua's child. Su Jin, the Su Jin clan sole survivor and Jiuchongtian honorary princess, engineers and manipulates situations to get Su Su BQ punished and killed.

Ugh. Remind me again why these awful celestial dont get their due karma like Sujin does?

There is one difference between Feng Jiu and Bai Qian’s romantic trials (albeit Feng Jiu’s isn’t really an official trial). Su Su was bullied everywhere, and only Sujin got punished centuries later. Whereas Feng Jiu was still able to make friends among the servants and Zhihe’s exile was much swifter in coming. The only person who escaped punishment for causing her misery was that lousy snow lion!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Megan said:

Ugh. Remind me again why these awful celestial dont get their due karma like Sujin does?

Maybe it isn't their time yet to receive their karma...Who knows, even if they survived their lightning trial, they might not their heavenly trials. 

18 minutes ago, Megan said:

The only person who escaped punishment for causing her misery was that lousy snow lion!

Wonder if that snow lion makes more appearances in next books? When Shao Wan wakes up, DH and FJ may visit her in the South Lands. If that lion is still there and seen by DH... :rolleyes:But that snow lion, is it actually back there, or is it even still alive? I kinda think if it was returned, Xuyang might have punished it in anger of Ji Heng eloping.

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

if it was returned, Xuyang might have punished it in anger of Ji Heng eloping

Doubt it. Xuyang was still looking for confirmation that she had really eloped. Plus, she left the Lion behind.

Btw, why did Xiao Yan choose to kidnap the bride (Jiheng). I don’t really understand this. Jiheng supposedly agreed to the wedding and what was he going to do once he kidnapped her? Hold her prisoner? Let her go only for her to return to Dong Hua?

30 minutes ago, Megan said:

There is one difference between Feng Jiu and Bai Qian’s romantic trials (albeit Feng Jiu’s isn’t really an official trial). Su Su was bullied everywhere, and only Sujin got punished centuries later. Whereas Feng Jiu was still able to make friends among the servants and Zhihe’s exile was much swifter in coming. The only person who escaped punishment for causing her misery was that lousy snow lion!

FJ is a very positive and out going girl. She definitely have higher EQ compared to BQ. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

Doubt it. Xuyang was still looking for confirmation that she had really eloped. Plus, she left the Lion behind.

It's generally known though that she ran away with Minsu before her wedding. Ji Heng was also disowned and exiled afterwards in a sense, else DH won't say find her a place again and return as a princess in demon realm after her Mt Baishui shenanigans. 

About that lion, it's possible that it was returned, or remained as a spiritual pet kept somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

About that lion, it's possible that it was returned, or remained as a spiritual pet kept somewhere. 

Ha! If he was hoping Dong Hua would adopt him, the emperor was too busy looking for his pet fox to care about the rare snow lion. Lol

• LOL 1

43 minutes ago, Megan said:

Btw, why did Xiao Yan choose to kidnap the bride (Jiheng). I don’t really understand this. Jiheng supposedly agreed to the wedding and what was he going to do once he kidnapped her? Hold her prisoner? Let her go only for her to return to Dong Hua

Xiao Yan was posturing. :lol: Uhh, an "idiot", that's what Xie Guchou said. :sweatingbullets:

If he managed to take her, which was doubtful (1 demon against Tai Chen Palace, if not Jiuchongtian. LOL), she'll be "dishonored" that she was taken by another man. Xuyang would be forced to halt the marriage to DH, and XY marries her instead to restore her good name.

As Xie Guchou said, idiot.

26 minutes ago, Megan said:

Ha! If he was hoping Dong Hua would adopt him, the emperor was too busy looking for his pet fox to care about the rare snow lion. Lol

NO CHANCE. Hahaha! DH also went to deep sleep shortly afterwards the-bride-ran-away wedding.

19 hours ago, Megan said:

Ok, we’ve considered the possibilities of ELOD having a comic series and movie adaptation. But what about a cartoon series? Like anime. The original ELOD cast weren’t even using their voices anyway.

Like previously mentioned, producer's prerogative to greenlight a project. And before even doing that, acquiring the license to use the story and its characters from the author for such purpose.  

Remember? The curcumstances before ELOD went for production? When it had to be filmed soon because the rights to the story was about to expire?

If the original cast weren't pushing the idea, that's because of the possibility they could be misconstrued. Being public figures, they've to take care that what they say won't bite them back. 

If ever an animated version ever comes out, the iconic Si Ming actor should still voice Si Ming. :lol: Feels a little funny after WeTV posted an ELOD BTS in FB today if viewers miss Feng Jiu. :rolleyes: Though that can only just be some feeler for Reba's upcoming Long Ballad or You're My Glory.

The "blind date" pavilion :)

“Come and sit with me for awhile. It’s been so long since I last watched the sun rise and set here, I actually kind of miss it.”

Donghua stopped, and in response, sat down behind her. He chose one of the two teapots on the stone table that hadn’t yet been packed away and poured himself a cup of cold tea to clear his throat. (APB-1, p16)

• Love 2

Ok, I know Xiao Yan and Jiheng’s relationship won’t last, but I am curious about one thing while they are dating.

Jiheng accepts Xiao Yan, having learnt that she should change herself to suit her crush. (Please...she didn’t change anything about herself. She was just showing her jealousy and pettiness for the world to see.) in light of this lesson, will she accept Xiao Yan as himself?

Now Xiao Yan actually did try to change himself to suit Jiheng. Not only his skill in arts or his dictionary, but even his diet. T.T Will he finally be able to be himself?

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Ok, I know Xiao Yan and Jiheng’s relationship won’t last, but I am curious about one thing while they are dating.

Jiheng accepts Xiao Yan, having learnt that she should change herself to suit her crush. (Please...she didn’t change anything about herself. She was just showing her jealousy and pettiness for the world to see.) in light of this lesson, will she accept Xiao Yan as himself?

Now Xiao Yan actually did try to change himself to suit Jiheng. Not only his skill in arts or his dictionary, but even his diet. T.T Will he finally be able to be himself?

I imagine date nights out are few and far in between coz XY is getting more looks and phrases than JH dressed up to the nines. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, Megan said:

I would say Ji Heng was not the one being 'herself.' She had the sweet and dignified act down really well. Xiao Yan, instead of saying he was changing himself, I'd say he was growing (up)- cultivating finer skills. :) 

And we've reached 900 pages! :coolshades:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Skimming the book again when I came across this phrase

”Ever since Dijun came to stay here, she was always the one to wait on him. There were times when she even pretended to not know he was inside and just walked in without knocking. Dijun had never said anything.”

why did Jiheng not knock? What was she planning? To see how much she could get away with?

Actually this reminds me of Bai Qian scolding Ye Hua for raising the sea princess’ hope

43 minutes ago, Megan said:

Skimming the book again when I came across this phrase

”Ever since Dijun came to stay here, she was always the one to wait on him. There were times when she even pretended to not know he was inside and just walked in without knocking. Dijun had never said anything.”

why did Jiheng not knock? What was she planning? To see how much she could get away with?

Actually this reminds me of Bai Qian scolding Ye Hua for raising the sea princess’ hope

1. She knew she's wrong when she does that, but pushes her luck coz DH has been tolerant and silent of her audacities so far.  

Little does she know that just because the person chooses not to say anything and act as if nothing happened, it doesn't mean she is not being judged on her behaviour. 

Obviously, JH held no attraction to DH. DH is charmed only by FJ, who is winsome personality personified. 

2. Might be thinking she'll succeed where the demonesses and the lad failed, coz she's that "rare beauty"? 

There's similarity to what BQ scolded YH for, but at the same time, JH and Miao Qin were also deliberately acting dense to the point of being disgraceful if it meant they get a closer and more intimate association to these distinguished celestials.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

There's similarity to what BQ scolded YH for, but at the same time, JH and Miao Qin were also deliberately acting dense to the point of being disgraceful if it meant they get a closer and more intimate association to these distinguished celestials.

I would say stubborn rather than dense. They know their crushes do not return their affection but are determined to try anyway. It would have been moving but love potions draw the line.

19 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She knew she's wrong when she does that, but pushes her luck coz DH has been tolerant and silent of her audacities so far.  

Little does she know that just because the person chooses not to say anything and act as if nothing happened, it doesn't mean she is not being judged on her behaviour. 

Obviously, JH held no attraction to DH. DH is charmed only by FJ, who is winsome personality personified. 

2. Might be thinking she'll succeed where the demonesses and the lad failed, coz she's that "rare beauty"? 

It’s ironic. Dong Hua never bothered scolding Jiheng for not knocking. But he scolded Feng Jiu, who scolded him in return 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2