[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

24 minutes ago, Pesca said:

On ELOD blog/website. I could not see translation of Lotus step except prologue and ep1. Are there additional translations or that is it? Will the team provide any more update?   I would very much like to know what will happen with DongFeng after PB. Hopefully when the book has surfaced I could have a glimpse of proper English translation.  My heart aches after reading PB book. Appreciate the translation team.

The last update was several months ago, and I haven't seen most members of the team post in a while, so either they've just been busy irl or they have dropped it. 

25 minutes ago, Pesca said:

Another question in the ELOD website, timeline of 3L3W universe, it did not say when DH has become the master of universe or retired? I don’t know whether TQ explains this elsewhere?

I don't think a specific date was really given pertaining to his time as ruler, but I could be mistaken.

27 minutes ago, Pesca said:

As per the PB book, one aspect I do not like as much as ELOD drama is the story line in Aranya dream.  I think ELOD improves that aspect.  The point (book POV) that FJ chose to consummate with XiZe (DHDJ) and even thought that she was over with DHDJ is not logical to me. She is not shallow and she knows very well that the Biriyani clan has short life (only a thousand year) and XiZe would be replaced by the real one if she takes him out of Aranya dream. So why she has done what she did on an impulse? Her mind should not be that clouded. Or did I misread the book? Don’t get me wrong I still like FJ and admire what she did.

This is certainly something that a lot of people who read the book and watched the drama also agreed with. Another thing about this where a lot of people preferred the drama was on the whole issue of consent. Part of this could potentially be excused by her youth, but I do agree that she really wasn't thinking about what she was doing. She sort of just put it out of her mind because she didn't feel like thinking about it, and I do feel that this is a flaw in the story. 

32 minutes ago, Pesca said:

One thing I find amiss is the fact that JH was not punished for the crime she did to DongFeng and almost cause calamity to the universe. DH simply banished her back to be the demon princess. Where as in TMOPB, Su Jin‘s crime has less catastrophic effect than JH but her punishment is much worse. JH’s action almost destroy universe.  Her punishment is extremely lenient. The 7-10 mins scene in the EP56 was a joke (no remorse whatsoever and clinging to YCW), it would have been much better to show more of DH/FJ family.  I’d also like to see Ali/Bai Zhen in the last scene. None of Bai family appeared at all in Bihai Changlin in the drama.

Yep, that scene in the drama was just one big nope. It likely wasn't even originally planned to be in the drama like that. It was probably a concession to Liu Yuxin so that Tencent would be able to buy the rights to Pillow Book. However, her punishment of being banished to the Demon Clan's territory was what happened in the book. It was meant to be this lenient because of the favor that DH owed to Menghao, Jiheng's father. If she were just some ordinary person who did that, he would probably have killed her for it, but he didn't purely because of Menghao. 

I think we all wish that there were more family time scenes, but they unfortunately cut down the episodes. :/

38 minutes ago, Pesca said:

From book POV, I also do not like that FJ was given to YQT in the mortal realm but after reading it over, I can get over this aspect. However, I do not understand why FJ had to announce that she was a widow to everyone including telling DHDJ (at fire beast event- EL drama makes more sense that FJ refers to her aunt rather than ‘late husband’ given that her aunt raised her), even SM mentioned about it in the first page. Can’t she mourn for him normally (quietly), she does not need to announce to the world? Should this not embarrass Qingqiu and tarnish her reputation? Strictly speaking she is not really a widow...

Her announcing that she's a widow is one method she uses to avoid suitors. :) 

She is also technically a widow because she was married to YQT, and he died, therefore widowing her.

41 minutes ago, Pesca said:

From book POV, does DH eventually know that JH lied to FJ regarding the saha fruit which contributes to further misunderstanding between DH/FJ? And know what his foster sister did to FJ? Clearly he did not know in the drama.

I think he potentially did not find out about the specifics of the conversation between FJ and Jiheng. He may have also not really known what Zhi'he did to FJ because, well, they never "met" before that day by the Wangsheng Sea, and FJ certainly would not have told him about her time as a servant in his palace. 

As to whether he finds out exactly what was said later on, that's up to Tangqi. 

47 minutes ago, Pesca said:

In the drama I am a bit disappointed that in Aranya dream they did not show the event from 3 deities trying to approach FJ before the shadow Aranya was born when DH/SMY looked in the mirror and DH’s statement about fate/destiny (they only show flashback from XGC talking to FJ which is later). He would have appreciated FJ even more like how he feels in the book.  I like how the book describes his feeling. I do not think in the drama DH was made aware that JH also lied to him regarding the short knife drawing. I like that part in the book so much. The more the book progresses, the more it reveals the extent of hardship/determination of FJ.

This missing portion is probably from them cutting down on the number of episodes, because I believe it was actually still shown earlier in the drama, so at least we do still get to see it. :) 

50 minutes ago, Pesca said:

One part of Aranya dream that I do not understand is when exactly DH was aware that FJ is in Aranya body? When they viewed yueling flower or after heartfelt conversation between FJ and SMY? He told SMY that he was aware that FJ was in Aranya body but why did he search for Juno when fire broke off instead of helping Aranya/FJ? Had Shen Ye not helped Aranya/FJ in time, she would have been dead by now. Also why did SY tossed her in the middle of the road after rescuing her?   I liked this scene in the drama when DH had actually tried to help Aranya/FJ.

So in the book, he finds out when he hears the conversation between SMY and FJ, but in the drama he finds out earlier, when FJ comes into Junuo's cabin and sits down to have breakfast (because he recognizes her). 

In the book, he did search for Junuo, because at the time of the fire, he still believed that her spirit was in Junuo's womb, where he had placed her. In the drama, he should have been looking for FJ because he knew Aranya was her.

SY tossed her because he wasn't really supposed to be with her; he was acting the part the same way as he had treated her in life, like he hated her and didn't care what happened to her. Yes, he did save her because he wanted to bring her back, but he couldn't openly show that even in the Dream, because he needed the events to unfold the same way as they had in life. 

53 minutes ago, Pesca said:

Reading book I feel pain for FJ even more than drama, the addition of Cheng Yu in the drama is delightful. But from book POV, CY is not FJ’s friend, isn’t she? She may have met FJ because she looks after Ali before FJ. To me reading book, I feel FJ ‘s best friend is Xie Guchou. He did her a lot of favours and is trusted to look after her only child. He seems to know FJ‘s heart so well. Of all the characters in PB book he seems to tick all boxes as ideal husband for FJ’s family even more so than Cang yi. I don’t know whether TQ has explained how Xie Cuchou met FJ and how they have become friends?  

In the book, CY certainly isn't so close to FJ as she seems to be in the drama. The script was probably written that way to promote CY and LS because their book (and hopefully subsequent drama!) is being released. 

In the book, there is a passage that explains some of their history, though not specifically how they met: 

Xie Guchou gave her a sideways glance and shook his flask. “What can I possibly do in front of you? Do you have anything I don’t already know? When we drank together seven years ago, didn’t you say in your drunkenness that Dijun had saved you on Qinyao Mountain? You thought to pay him back by saving him in the Wicked Lotus Sphere, but in the end you were saved by him too, and you owed him a life-debt again. You said that sooner or later, you would need to find an opportunity to repay him. In my opinion, this is a good opportunity. Facing Dijun’s shadow is better compared to facing Dijun. For you to go back to Taichen Palace and see him again would be a bit difficult for you, wouldn’t it?” (APB2)

They're close enough that she would tell him of her history at Taichen Palace. 

59 minutes ago, Pesca said:

I think Drama could have shown more of Aranya/SMY/SY than unnecessary (JH) scenes in the mortal realm. I like Aranya voice than FJ, it seems as if they are different voices.

*Easily* something that everyone agrees with! 

I think that FJ and Aranya have the same voice actress. Perhaps she just read the parts a little differently? 

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

The part about Shen Ye planted Aranya soul into FJ body and DH rushed to save her. I also do not quite understand SY’s intention to do with FJ after he planted Aranya soul into her, what would happened if DH did not get there in time? In the drama it was clear that FJ would be incinerated and fade if DH did not get there in time.  (In the drama I like so much when DH arrived with Chaghi sword.)

He thought that FJ's real body was still the shell of Aranya that he had created because of the correction spell that was used to make everyone believe that FJ was Aranya. 

In the book FJ's soul swallows Aranya's, so this is speculation, but I believe it means that FJ's soul "won" in that sense, so she would have been fine.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

From book POV What hardship has FJ gone through in those 400 years at Taichen Palace that are not shown in the ELOD? Did TQ explain? I could not find the attempt murder bit in the PB book.

The attempted murder scene did not occur in the book, but Zhi'he was particularly cruel to FJ, so FJ did suffer hardships at her hands while at Taichen Palace. 

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

On this point I am puzzled of why Bai family knows nothing about FJ being a maid in Taichen Palace, 400 years is a long time. (although god ZY knows from book POV). Perhaps due to them searching for Bai Qian at that time (after she sealed the Ghost lord)? And neglect FJ?  Or they thought BQ was still looking after FJ?

Well, to deities who have lived tens and hundreds of thousands of years, what is 400 years, really? 

Also, the Bai family raises their cubs very freely, so I would assume that FJ would probably regularly disappear for years at a time, and they never really thought much about it. Although, they do know about it after she comes back.

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

Bai Qian is not very sensitive to her niece at all, almost heartless. The communication between them (after DH was missing) made the matter worse between DH/FJ. The conversation with DH asking him “Let's see whether you and Fengjiu are fated or not.” Ahh that hurts when they actually had no fate to start with. The book seems to suggest Bai Zhi DJ does not like DH either even before DH missed his wedding reception. It seems Qingqiu pride is above themselves rather than FJ’s feeling.

In BQ's eyes, DH was the one who essentially left FJ, her beloved niece, at the alter, to be with another woman. The Bai's are very protective of each other, so it would be illogical for her to just tell DH where FJ was. And she probably didn't know or really care anyways—billions of mortal worlds and the family raises their cubs freely, right? 

Bai Zhi doesn't necessarily dislike DH before the wedding, he just worries for FJ—DH is hundreds of thousands of years older than FJ and has been rumored to be involved with someone else before FJ. Wouldn't you worry too?

To some extent, their pride really does cloud their judgement, but a bigger part of what they do is to protect FJ. What they did may not have been right, but their hearts were in the right place. 

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

Toward the end of the book. I do not understand why DH had to send Miaohua mirror to demon clan. That Miaohua mirror is a treasure on its own given you can see past present life of people.  I could not find the logic behind this which led the FJ believed that DH lived in demon clan instead of Taichen Palace.  If it is to bribe demon clan to accept JH, that is too much to bear. The ingrate selfish obnoxious devil like JH should be sent to mortal realm doing the deed like Su Jin instead of remaining a princess.  Not only she did not get punishment, she gets magic mirror. That does not make sense.

Or Bai Qian misunderstood, the mirror was sent to DH to search for FJ in mortal realm?

DH sent the mirror to the Demon Clan as a bargaining chip to get Xuyang to accept JH back into the Demon Clan: 

Bai Zhi Dijun sneered. “Seeing her for the last time? Then why did I hear that he had carried Jiheng and broken into the Red Demon Clan’s Danling Palace with such majesty this morning? He was taking Jiheng’s side to Lord Xuyang’s face, and even traded the Miaohua Glass on the 7th Heaven to force the Red Demon Clan to welcome their banished princess back into the clan? I heard that when that princess was lying feebly in his arms, there wasn’t any sign of her life hanging by a thread!” (APB2)

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

Reading the last chapter I could not figure out who is the lady whom Bai Gun Gun heard talking to Siming before seeing his father? That was a female voice but she refers to FJ as her highness. So not BQ. CY was in the drama but rarely appeared in the book. I doubt it is her.

Err... I'm afraid I don't know exactly which part you're referring to, but there's this part:

A clear and cool female voice spoke up: “Siming, you’re worrying so much over nothing. Do you think High God Moyuan’s seal is a joke? Compared to Kunlun and Dijun, that old man, I’m a bit more worried for Her Highness Fengjiu. Her Highness’s fairy essence was severely damaged, and she still hasn’t woken up until now...” (APB2)

I want to say possibly Cheng'yu based off of the drama, and I assume the drama followed that portion of the book relatively closely. 

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

I don’t know whether TQ has explained who else were there in the garden at Bihai Changlin that TQ refers to uncles/aunts/sisters/brothers? Lain Song / YCW /god ZY /SM were there as explained in the book,  but no explanation on who else. The drama should have captured this point better than the book. I was slightly disappointed that not a single soul from FJ family is in the drama. 

In the book, they're actually at Taichen Palace. 

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

Lastly could someone please let me know what is the difference between, Xianjun, Xingjun, Shenjun, Yuanjun  Xianguan, Shangxian etc.? They seem to refer to the immortal rank? Or political rank?

They're just different ranks / titles that the officials of Heaven have in Tangqi's universe. I'll translate them below: 

Xianjun = immortal lord

Xingjun = star lord

Yuanjun = first lord

Xianguan = immortal official

Shangxian = High Immortal

The first four are like titles that can be assigned, so political rank, but the last has to be earned from that three lightning strikes heavenly trial. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/02/2021 at 1:49 AM, Pesca said:

The point (book POV) that FJ chose to consummate with XiZe (DHDJ) and even thought that she was over with DHDJ is not logical to me. She is not shallow and she knows very well that the Biriyani clan has short life (only a thousand year) and XiZe would be replaced by the real one if she takes him out of Aranya dream. So why she has done what she did on an impulse? Her mind should not be that clouded. Or did I misread the book? Don’t get me wrong I still like FJ and admire what she did.

IMO, book POV, it was more of her instincts that were influencing her choices with Xi Ze. She thought she was over DH, but this Xi Ze in the dream realm was DH in disguise. I believe that is the difference, why she fell in love with Xi Ze, because what her mind didn't realize, her instinct-like love to DH recognized who he was.

Lian Song also asked DH (after they left the dream realm)  if he didn't feel jealous that FJ fell for Xi Ze. 

Donghua frowned and said in seeming puzzlement, "Why should I feel jealous? I was borrowing Xize's identity; I'm still me. Didn't she fell in love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else but me?" (PB2, p354)

One thing I find amiss is the fact that JH was not punished for the crime she did to DongFeng and almost cause calamity to the universe. DH simply banished her back to be the demon princess. Where as in TMOPB, Su Jin‘s crime has less catastrophic effect than JH but her punishment is much worse. JH’s action almost destroy universe.  Her punishment is extremely lenient. The 7-10 mins scene in the EP56 was a joke (no remorse whatsoever and clinging to YCW), it would have been much better to show more of DH/FJ family.  I’d also like to see Ali/Bai Zhen in the last scene. None of Bai family appeared at all in Bihai Changlin in the drama.

DH has stayed true to his promise to Meng Hao, curing JH and she returns as a princess again in demon realm even if it drastically slows down his gaining back cultivation. It's one of those no price high enough decisions of his, in exchange of not having to do anything anymore with JH.

Drama POV, it's possibly a concession to give the antagonist HEA since it's Liu Yu Xin who was playing that role. Book POV, her punishment is not leaving the demon realm. 

Many viewers wish too that there are more Dong Feng scenes in the finale episode, but the final editing was done that way.

From book POV, I also do not like that FJ was given to YQT in the mortal realm but after reading it over, I can get over this aspect. However, I do not understand why FJ had to announce that she was a widow to everyone including telling DHDJ (at fire beast event- EL drama makes more sense that FJ refers to her aunt rather than ‘late husband’ given that her aunt raised her), even SM mentioned about it in the first page. Can’t she mourn for him normally (quietly), she does not need to announce to the world? Should this not embarrass Qingqiu and tarnish her reputation? Strictly speaking she is not really a widow...

I kinda wished it followed the book why FJ was married to YQT, but censor for sure will not let it pass. :lol: If I were to choose to whom the love letter would have been addressed, it would be to the Dowager Empress. 

FJ doesn't want suitors and certainly doesn't want to be married. Openly showing that she's still mourning YQT meant immortals pursuing her will compete with the memories of her late mortal husband. She was hedging against the suitors' egos and pride. ^_^

From book POV, does DH eventually know that JH lied to FJ regarding the saha fruit which contributes to further misunderstanding between DH/FJ? And know what his foster sister did to FJ? Clearly he did not know in the drama.

DH didn't know, but after viewing the modified Miao Hua mirror in the dream realm, he would have the idea that JH is capable of lying and stealing somebody's credit, and Zhi He is really obsessed with him.

One part of Aranya dream that I do not understand is when exactly DH was aware that FJ is in Aranya body? When they viewed yueling flower or after heartfelt conversation between FJ and SMY? He told SMY that he was aware that FJ was in Aranya body but why did he search for Juno when fire broke off instead of helping Aranya/FJ? Had Shen Ye not helped Aranya/FJ in time, she would have been dead by now. Also why did SY tossed her in the middle of the road after rescuing her?   I liked this scene in the drama when DH had actually tried to help Aranya/FJ.

Drama POV, DH started to be suspicious when he saw how Aranya looks and acts so much like FJ, in that breakfast she joined. She also said a lot of things to SMY while planning the Yueling flowers outing, and what she was telling whom he thought as SMY but actually Xi Ze that are more FJ than Aranya.

Book POV, he only knew when he heard Aranya FJ lamenting to SMY her heartaches and disappointment over DH after the fire. Afterwards he would talk to SMY. This was shown too in the drama.

Shen Ye was acting indifferent to Aranya since he wanted the past events to be as before while it plays out in the realm he created. His intention is to collect enough of Aranya's essences to revive her, and that would only be successful if the life of Aranya in the dream realm would be exactly as it was in real life before she died.

I don’t know whether TQ has explained how Xie Cuchou met FJ and how they have become friends?  

FJ might have met Xie Guchou in a similar manner as how she met Si Ming, while she was with Bai Zhi. Being the only grandchild before Ali and the only heir of Qing Qiu, FJ accompanying her family members wherein they meet other noted immortals would be parts and parcel of her being a princess. 

I think Drama could have shown more of Aranya/SMY/SY than unnecessary (JH) scenes in the mortal realm. 

Totally. JH actress was given pointless exposure in the mortal realm. The demons were not needed there at all, except for Nie Chuyin and only very briefly. The mortal realm would have been shorter, the ending episodes would have been edited better

I noticed in other sites that there were listed actors who were children Song Xuang Ren and half brother Ying. I'd rather see their childhood and their early sibling rivalry rather than Chu Wan's pretentiousness.

From book POV What hardship has FJ gone through in those 400 years at Taichen Palace that are not shown in the ELOD? Did TQ explain? I could not find the attempt murder bit in the PB book.

On this point I am puzzled of why Bai family knows nothing about FJ being a maid in Taichen Palace, 400 years is a long time. (although god ZY knows from book POV). Perhaps due to them searching for Bai Qian at that time (after she sealed the Ghost lord)? And neglect FJ?  Or they thought BQ was still looking after FJ?

Bai Qian is not very sensitive to her niece at all, almost heartless. The communication between them (after DH was missing) made the matter worse between DH/FJ. The conversation with DH asking him “Let's see whether you and Fengjiu are fated or not.” Ahh that hurts when they actually had no fate to start with. The book seems to suggest Bai Zhi DJ does not like DH either even before DH missed his wedding reception. It seems Qingqiu pride is above themselves rather than FJ’s feeling.

The attempted murder of FJ by Zhi He is only in the drama.

The Bais let their children roam and gain experiences. Absence for years is normal for them.

Pride, impulsiveness, and not wanting to lose face in the name of Qing Qiu are trademarks of the Bais, just as how loyal they are to their kin. If Bai Qian was not helpful to DH, it's because in her POV, her niece has already suffered enough heartaches and embarrassments. In TMOPB book, FJ used to drink with BQ and cry over DH.

Bai Zhi didn't expect DH to be his only granddaughter's husband, since they will not be able to protect FJ against his immense power and influence should the couple have problems.

Toward the end of the book. I do not understand why DH had to send Miaohua mirror to demon clan. That Miaohua mirror is a treasure on its own given you can see past present life of people.  I could not find the logic behind this which led the FJ believed that DH lived in demon clan instead of Taichen Palace.  If it is to bribe demon clan to accept JH, that is too much to bear. The ingrate selfish obnoxious devil like JH should be sent to mortal realm doing the deed like Su Jin instead of remaining a princess.  Not only she did not get punishment, she gets magic mirror. That does not make sense.

Or Bai Qian misunderstood, the mirror was sent to DH to search for FJ in mortal realm?

Ah, though that Miao Hua mirror was sent to demon realm to make them accept JH, it's useless to the demons because it was not hung and they don't have the powers to use it. :lol:

FJ believed DH was living with JH because he didn't come to Qing Qiu for her. Add to that the discovery that her mind was altered, she didn't know anymore if DH really loved her as he told her, or they're just false memories.

Reading the last chapter I could not figure out who is the lady whom Bai Gun Gun heard talking to Siming before seeing his father? That was a female voice but she refers to FJ as her highness. So not BQ. CY was in the drama but rarely appeared in the book. I doubt it is her.

The likeliest owner of the voice expressing concern of FJ still in coma would actually be Cheng Yu, since she is known to be close to Si Ming. If she refers to FJ as Her Highness, it's because FJ is not only a princess, she's also Dong Hua's Empress. ^_^

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In your opinion, is DH giving FJ his robes calculated? Like a test that she really wasn't interested with him. Coz the fairy having his clothes can use those to her advantage? :naughty:

At first he only gave it to her as a gentleman helping a fairy accidentally splashed with water by his sister.

but then he is intrigued by her refusal and decides to toy with her.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 3

57 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In your opinion, is DH giving FJ his robes calculated? Like a test that she really wasn't interested with him. Coz the fairy having his clothes can use those to her advantage? :naughty:

Very calculated! She ran from him when he wanted to 'play' with her whilst having tea. I think he liked how she acted so different from how any other fairy would react. :lol: 

Also, he really wanted to know why she would save the musicians and her answer struck him even more. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 3

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Check out Tang Qi’s latest Weibo post of her 2 latest books. There is even an illustration though I don’t know who the characters are 

The one at the back cover? That should be Lian Song in mortal realm, mortal Cheng Yu, and the one hugging him could be Changyi. Or vice versa. Or any of the new, notable characters...

spacer.png

Credits: Tang Qi

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megan said:

At first he only gave it to her as a gentleman helping a fairy accidentally splashed with water by his sister.

but then he is intrigued by her refusal and decides to toy with her.

Coz he can magic her dry too, but no, he was asking her if there's something wrong with his robe! :lol:

51 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Very calculated! She ran from him when he wanted to 'play' with her whilst having tea. I think he liked how she acted so different from how any other fairy would react. :lol: 

Also, he really wanted to know why she would save the musicians and her answer struck him even more. 

That stuck to his mind and kept thinking of what she said afterwards...

That second robe then would be a token of affection, like what Ali asked her. :P

Or another trick of him so that she'll go see him. LOL

• LOL 2

Oh my goodness there is a wedding! Haha I can't wait to read about it. I wonder what they'll be wearing. Also how many people will be shock to learn they have a son already lollll. We need some reaction from the Bai family hahaha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Khue N said:

Oh my goodness there is a wedding! Haha I can't wait to read about it. I wonder what they'll be wearing. Also how many people will be shock to learn they have a son already lollll. We need some reaction from the Bai family hahaha

How about this reaction? :P

Spoiler

Screenshot-20210202-222228-Chrome-2-01.j

Screenshot by poster, identity of weibo account purposely blurred for privacy.

With the aid of Google translation:

The 140,000-year-old Emperor in the extra booklet: blank, at a loss, helpless: I am a father? My wife is the just turned an adult granddaughter of my classmate?

LMAO!

• LOL 3

1 minute ago, SilverDawn said:

Wait, what did I miss?  Where??

Are we talking about DH's story in LS? Is there a snippet out? Sadly TQ's weibo does not auto translate for me when I checked. 

Pillow Book Extra :) Some who already received their copies are posting a bit of spoilers.

Spoiler

...like actual age of DH: 400,000

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Calculated! He did it on purpose to see how FJ will respond. 

I also think deep inside, DH already wanted to mark FJ is his. What better then have FJ walk around with his clothes. No one would accuse FJ from stealing it from him! So the only way is DH giving it to FJ. Hint, all other suitors back off!

On 2/2/2021 at 2:15 PM, MayanEcho said:

IMO, book POV, it was more of her instincts that were influencing her choices with Xi Ze. She thought she was over DH, but this Xi Ze in the dream realm was DH in disguise. I believe that is the difference, why she fell in love with Xi Ze, because what her mind didn't realize, her instinct-like love to DH recognized who he was.

Lian Song also asked DH (after they left the dream realm)  if he didn't feel jealous that FJ fell for Xi Ze. 

Donghua frowned and said in seeming puzzlement, "Why should I feel jealous? I was borrowing Xize's identity; I'm still me. Didn't she fell in love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else but me?" (PB2, p354)

I kinda wished it followed the book why FJ was married to YQT, but censor for sure will not let it pass. :lol: If I were to choose to whom the love letter would have been addressed, it would be to the Dowager Empress. 

I agree with you. No matter how DH looks like or what status he has, FJ will always love him for him. So it makes sense how she fell in love with XiZe in Aranya's dream. 

FJ is quite similar to DH. She isn't too worried about her own reputation. It is quite smart of her to continue using the widow excuse to avoid courtship. Considering how much she went through, I respect her need to be alone after the Mortal Realm experience. 

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Pillow Book Extra :) Some who already received their copies are posting a bit of spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

...like actual age of DH: 400,000

Haha so my guess was off by 100,000. 

Can't wait to read the DongFeng 'd wedding.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

I also think deep inside, DH already wanted to mark FJ is his.

Just a thought. He giving her his outer robes was like him, a monk, willingly disrobing for her. :lol: 

Unconsciously, or deliberately, he won't be that monk anymore; there would be an empress beside him. 

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

22 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Just a thought. He giving her his outer robes was like him, a monk, willingly disrobing for her. :lol: 

Unconsciously, or deliberately, he won't be that monk anymore; there would be an empress beside him. 

Oh I like that underlying message! 

Haha there it is. DH's open invitation for FJ, he is ready to disrobe for her any time.

• LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1

11 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Oh I like that underlying message! 

Haha there it is. DH's open invitation for FJ, he is ready to discover for her any time.

LMAO, he was ready to be Jiuchongtian gossip and betting fodder so long that it's about her and him!

Also, when I'm mulling over this passage and scene in the drama:

Donghua turned his wine cup, contemplating over the chessboard. Hearing these words, he evasively replied, “A beauty? They think she’s pretty?”

Liansong said, “Pardon?”      

Donghua leisurely placed a black stone down, blocking the formation of the white pieces. “They’ve got some good eyesight.”

Liansong froze for half a day. When he recovered, he closed his fan with a snap and asked in surprise, “You really saw a beauty at Chengtian Terrace?”      

Donghua tapped the chessboard. “Are you sure you came to play chess?” (APB1, p29)

Doesn't this sound like DH has been thinking of her before Chiyan beast incident, when he remarked of others describing FJ as a beauty having good eyesight a.k.a competition:lol:

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1