[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

I’m thinking of their motives in life.

Feng Jiu can have her heart broken, but she moves on. She did so twice in fact. After 2 different failed weddings. She is a queen and has to mature and accept her responsibilities.

Dong Hua is retired. He spends his time leisurely but responds when there is a life threatening crisis that he must resolve. When Feng Jiu came alone, he finally got out of his leisure lifestyle and was moving forwards to making a family with her. When his heart was broken, he didn’t move on because he knew it was all a misunderstanding (and I suspect because Feng Jiu had experienced far too many disappointments) and he still  did his world saving duty.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@MayanEcho I agree regarding your post above!

I can't stand Bai Yi's 'parenting skills.' I wonder why he's the way he is with FJ... We don't know much if anything about her other 2 uncles but only looking at Bai Zhen; their characters are complete opposites. What hit Bai Yi in the head so hard that made him such a riggid and unempathic father that resorts to whipping his little fox girl repeatedly? -_-

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Feng Jiu can have her heart broken, but she moves on. She did so twice in fact. After 2 different failed weddings. She is a queen and has to mature and accept her responsibilities.

True, despite her young age, she's very mature and sensible in that regard.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua is retired. He spends his time leisurely but responds when there is a life threatening crisis that he must resolve. When Feng Jiu came alone, he finally got out of his leisure lifestyle and was moving forwards to making a family with her. When his heart was broken, he didn’t move on because he knew it was all a misunderstanding (and I suspect because Feng Jiu had experienced far too many disappointments) and he still  did his world saving duty.

Yes, despite the weight of his heart he doesn't neglect his duty to all beings.

Luckily TQ promised  not to kill off DH! I don't think I could bare it...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I can't stand Bai Yi's 'parenting skills.' I wonder why he's the way he is with FJ... We don't know much if anything about her other 2 uncles but only looking at Bai Zhen; their characters are complete opposites. What hit Bai Yi in the head so hard that made him such a riggid and unempathic father that resorts to whipping his little fox girl repeatedly? -_-

Even Bai Qian was wary of him. Tsk. It's really curious, but it seems that it is how Bai Yi normally deals with FJ when he thinks she's doing mischief, or just plain disagreeable with what he wanted.

On her forced marriage to Cang'yi, the last thing he did to her is tie her up and throw in the palanquin.  Granted that she was argumentative and even told Bai Yi why don't he marry Cang'yi himself, it's disconcerting that that would be how she leaves her home on the way to her groom.

It's very telling when she got sick, what she revealed to DH.

She hadn’t even taken a breath yet when two real tears fell from her eyes, feeling that it was such a waste of her sincere crying before. She wiped the fallen teardrops away and moved further into the bed corner. “You don’t love me anymore. I deserve to freeze to death, I deserve to cry to death, and when I recover from this, I deserve to be tied up and whipped to death!”

A hand pulled her back from the corner, swaddling her up in the blanket like a cocoon. She felt a gaze on her for a moment and heard that voice again, “I don’t think I’m interested in tying you up and whipping you.” In between sobs, she thought that this was not true. She couldn’t open her eyes. On one hand, she wondered why her mother was being so cold-hearted these days and what she should do. On the other, she thought that there was no way she could avoid the whip now. After she recovered, the best course of action would be to run away to Zheyan’s peach orchard and hide for a while. Then, at that time, she had better butter up to her little uncle’s Bifang bird so he would take her. (APB1, p165)

• Sad 2

Imo, I dislike the fact how Bai Yi hit his own daughter. I think that hitting people for whatever reason they do isn't going to help them. And that hitting doesn't resolved any problem at all, it only makes matter worse. If I remember, I think it was said in the book Bai Yi was a traditional man. My thoughts are that if Feng Jiu were to do something that's not right, there's better method to discipline her rather to hit her. Like if Feng Jiu did something wrong, he should sit and talk with her. Or give her some other punishment other than hitting her. Hitting doesn't resolve anything imo. I think that if Bai Yi kept hitting Feng Jiu, what if her mind thoughts will grow up and teaches her that is okay to hit or punished people if they do something wrong, something that made her angry, or teaches her that she can vent her anger off if she punish someone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Khue N said:

If I remember, I think it was said in the book Bai Yi was a traditional man.

Which is very surprising, since Bai Zhi and Fox Queen are quite easy going and very open minded. They have no issues with the rel of Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen. Plus that old phoenix was the rival of Bai Zhi before when they were both courting his wife. 

Just who was Bai Yi trying to emulate for traditional ways as for sure it's not his own family...his wife's family?? Was he being strict to his daughter since he served in the army led by DH and is used to rigid dicipline? But in the army the punishments if any are not just meted,  but heard out first before making a judgment. 

But Bai Yi, he actually ties and whips FJ when he punishes her. Thankfully she got her aunt and uncles to shield her and help her feel better again.

• Sad 1

If I remember correctly, Bai Qian once said that her father would skin her if she disgraced the family. That is why she said she was Zhe Yan’s envoy.

Ye Hua’s father beat him as a little boy for letting a cute animal in the comic

11 hours ago, Megan said:

If I remember correctly, Bai Qian once said that her father would skin her if she disgraced the family. That is why she said she was Zhe Yan’s envoy.

That is still an if, if she really does something very disgraceful that Qing Qiu can't clear or compensate. Bai Qian took the identity of Si Yin when she trained in Kunlun for obvious reasons - she's a girl, a princess, and she's the only daughter of Bai Zhi and Fox Queen, former classmates of Mo Yuan at Fushen's Water Marsh School.

As for her being Zhe Yan's "envoy", it is easy for her to pretend as one because she has not left Qing Qiu for thousands of years after she took Mo Yuan's body. Apart from that, Zhe Yan is also considered another recluse, who kept himself at his Peach Forest. Others will not be familiar with how Bai Qian looks, and being an envoy gives her more freedom rather than as Gugu, even if she'll have more privileges.

She doesn't want unwanted attention to her. Even so, just one look and her senior immediately recognised her as 17th.

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Hey guys, what do you think would have happened if Dong Hua and Bai Zhi were raised together instead of Zhihe’s parents adopting Dong Hua?

If they were raised together, DH might possibly have a warmer personality. He may not be as rational with his judgment though...he might even turn out to someone who can't control his temper like Bai Yi. He might become too filial, unable to see past reason and be too biased with his own kin.

IMO, his birth and the circumstances of his growing up years happened for a reason. As the unifier of the universe, he used to decide on who will live and who will die, something that an "emotionless and cold" being will be good in doing, since he will only rely on facts in his judgment, not on associations or emotions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

IMO, his birth and the circumstances of his growing up years happened for a reason. As the unifier of the universe, he used to decide on who will live and who will die, something that an "emotionless and cold" being will be good in doing, since he will only rely on facts in his judgment, not on associations or emotions.

Yes, even though his beginings were tough, it shaped him for his future role.

One really good example (imo) I enjoyed is in the drama TMOPB when he heard Su Jun's case and by gathering all the information quietly allowed her to dig her own grave. Priceless! :D 

Now take the heavenly emperor...  in comparison he's seriously lacking on more than just skills. He may have had the finest teachers... but his own desires and emotion often cloud his judgement. 

13 hours ago, Megan said:

Ye Hua’s father beat him as a little boy for letting a cute animal in the comic

Look where their parenting skills got them... Mo Yuan knew how to handle Bai Qian better than her own father. :lol: I like how BQ has said that Mo Yuan never tried to suppress her innate tendencies. 

Ye Hua hid his heart and bled and bled and bled for it. First to see his mother....

I enjoyed the scene in TMOPB where the heavenly emperor seems to be regretting his actions that 'killed' SuSu, and questioning if he has been to hard on Ye Hue. With regards to Ye Hua's "father" the first prince... ugh, he can only apologize and regurgitate heaven clan rules. -_-

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Now take the heavenly emperor...  in comparison he's seriously lacking on more than just skills. He may have had the finest teachers... but his own desires and emotion often cloud his judgement.

For him, Sujin is always right, and can do anything she wants so long that she carries out his dirty tasks.

His mind is so full of grudges that he can't even think of something as simple as the case of his own grandson Yuan Zhen which was cooked up by Sujin just to bring back Ye Hua back to Jiuchongtian.

A heavenly lord can not be like that! With that much power to wield, and territories to handle, he's unfit for his post. Hoping to see/or read that Ye Hua ascended the throne to replace him in Lotus Steps 2nd book, or in Bodhi Fate.

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

With regards to Ye Hua's "father" the first prince... ugh, he can only apologize and regurgitate heaven clan rules. -_-

That's all Yan Cuo knows. Even tried to read the riot act to Mo Yuan when he decided to duel with Yao Guang after snatching his student and lying about it.

LOL. That's the God of War. Try taking what he considers his and then drown it because you're jealous of it, then pretend you have nothing to do with its disappearance, even have a tussle with him.

Then tell him afterwards to drop it after he was proven right in accusing you. :rolleyes: Very dense first prince. 

• Wiggle 1

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

For him, Sujin is always right, and can do anything she wants so long that she carries out his dirty tasks.

His mind is so full of grudges that he can't even think of something as simple as the case of his own grandson Yuan Zhen which was cooked up by Sujin just to bring back Ye Hua back to Jiuchongtian.

A heavenly lord can not be like that! With that much power to wield, and territories to handle, he's unfit for his post. Hoping to see/or read that Ye Hua ascended the throne to replace him in Lotus Steps 2nd book, or in Bodhi Fate.

Me too! 

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

That's all Yan Cuo knows. Even tried to read the riot act to Mo Yuan when he decided to duel with Yao Guang after snatching his student and lying about it.

LOL. That's the God of War. Try taking what he considers his and then drown it because you're jealous of it, then pretend you have nothing to do with its disappearance, even have a tussle with him.

Then tell him afterwards to drop it after he was proven right in accusing you. :rolleyes: Very dense first prince. 

Right?! Heavenly father sure knew who to send... -_-

I was like... That's Mo Yuan, son of Heavenly father and the God of War you FOOL. Are you that brave or that dense?! 

• Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Which do you prefer

1) jealous Dong Hua or childish Dong Hua?

2) Dong Hua tricking Xiao Yan or Dong Hua outsmarting Xiao Bai?

3) GG pranking dad or FJ pranking husband?

1 Jealous Donghua, because he will become rather childish

2 Dong Hua outsmarting Feng Jiu, because FJ will learn to up her game. And she might huff and scold him which is amusing.   

3 Gun Gun pranking dad while FJ praises her clever son. How will Dong Hua react?

A Silently praise his son while plotting revenge?

B Threaten to send him to Kun Lun?

C Both of the above

• LOL 1

59 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

1 Jelous Donghua, because he will become rather childish

2 Dong Hua outsmarting Feng Jiu, because FJ will learn to up her game. And she might huff and scold him which is amusing.   

3 Gun Gun pranking dad while FJ praises her clever son. How will Dong Hua react?

A Silently praise his son while plotting revenge?

B Threaten to send him to Kun Lun?

C Both of the above

I say he would skip the praise and immediately execute his revenge. Kunlun now seems obvious. His revenge attacks are more subtle.

• LOL 2

17 hours ago, Megan said:

Which do you prefer

1) jealous Dong Hua or childish Dong Hua?

2) Dong Hua tricking Xiao Yan or Dong Hua outsmarting Xiao Bai?

3) GG pranking dad or FJ pranking husband?

1. Jealous DH, coz when he is, the childish DH appears

2. DH tricking and outsmarting FJ...the other choice might still end in a duel even if they're friends now. 

3. BGG pranking DH. His kid is his payback to all his previous pranks. Unfortunately, BGG will have sweet and sour fish if daddy really loses face :lol:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

BGG pranking DH. His kid is his payback to all his previous pranks. Unfortunately, BGG will have sweet and sour fish if daddy really loses face

Since when does Dong Hua care about face? Lol

• LOL 2

9 hours ago, Megan said:

Since when does Dong Hua care about face? Lol

He would if FJ gives more pastries to BGG :lol: But he'll be clever with it and tell his son that "they eat" what momma made. And because BGG is a filial son, he won't mind giving more share to dada. :lol: 

He's that thick faced. :rolleyes:

• LOL 2

Congratulations Dijun and Dihou!

Vengo Gao as Actor of the Year 2020

(Eternal Love of Dream/Dong Hua Di Jun)

Dilraba Dilmurat for Most Popular Actress 2020

(Eternal Love of Dream/Bai Feng Jiu)

Eternal Love of Dream - #1 Tencent 2020 Membership Conversion Value 

‏‏‎

FB Page: 迪丽热巴 Dilraba Dilmurat‎‏

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1