[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Just wondering... why do the maids not use magic when doing their chores?

I remember it is mentioned somewhere that they come from the lower realm, (I can't recal the exactly the name mentioned) does this influence there magical ability? 

As in the mortal realm I understand that whoever they are tied to influences their pay and 'status' but other than that I don't see why anyone would want to serve their whole life doing menial labor when they could be cultivating and practising their magic... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Just wondering... why do the maids not use magic when doing their chores?

I remember it is mentioned somewhere that they come from the lower realm, (I can't recal the exactly the name mentioned) does this influence there magical ability? 

As in the mortal realm I understand that whoever they are tied to influences their pay and 'status' but other than that I don't see why anyone would want to serve their whole life doing menial labor when they could be cultivating and practising their magic... 

I rather think they were spiritual animals or trees who recently cultivated to have human forms...IIRC, they came from a mountain near the border of Qing Qiu. That's according to either Zhi Yue or Feng Jiu in TMOPB. 

In the Pillow Book, the injured fox from Fanyin Valley has become one of the servants and was serving Feng Jiu when she went to Tai Chen Palace after cleansing Qingti.

Way before that, Shao Xin, the former snake maid of Bai Qian, was given the cloud clearing fan to help her fight back against her tormentors. 

If Feng Jiu as maid was not using magic less her real identity was unmasked, my assumption would be it's because the maids can not perform magic yet, or if they can, it would be something little or simple. Nothing close to what Feng Jiu can actually do.

But maybe they can be do some magic later on like Migu is able to when they are his age, or when they gain more cultivation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2020 at 8:27 AM, Megan said:

I will be surprised if there will be history lessons about Dong Hua. Don’t get me wrong, I want that. But I always thought it would happen in Bodhi’s fate.

Now that queen tang qi has FINALLY outlined the plot and story for Bodhi fate, I think she realised there is probably a lot more to cover in that novel than just Donghua's backstory. Theres all those unanswered questions in TMOPB, all of the other characters that have only been mentioned and not explored like the actual 'Father God' of the story/ the reasons for all of those bloody wars/ Why MY became the god of war and not succeeded his father as the god of the heavens/complicated love obsession between MY & SW,etc.

Given the fact that Donghua was already mentioned quite a lot in the first chapter and his friendly relationship was established with the main character, I think his pre-fengjiu personality will be explored more in that novel.

I cant WAIT for bodhi fate to be published!! Even though technically Ill be waiting another 2 years to see a glimpse of what happens after chapter 1 :sad1:The only characters I actually am invested in is Donghua and Moyuan and now that Donghua has finally gotten the love story he deserves, I have to suffer longer to see MY's love story. I'm getting that TMOPB deja vu again for the long wait for PB's novel and drama:nomeme:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Now that queen tang qi has FINALLY outlined the plot and story for Bodhi fate, I think she realised there is probably a lot more to cover in that novel than just Donghua's backstory. Theres all those unanswered questions in TMOPB, all of the other characters that have only been mentioned and not explored like the actual 'Father God' of the story/ the reasons for all of those bloody wars/ Why MY became the god of war and not succeeded his father as the god of the heavens/complicated love obsession between MY & SW,etc

So glad to hear that update on Bodhi Fate...it will take time, but it makes the 3L3W exciting. The characters developments are becoming more and more interesting. Our dear author suffered when she was accused of plagiarism with her book TMOPB,  but she's showing them wrong not only by winning her case, but with what she is able to write.

Given the fact that Donghua was already mentioned quite a lot in the first chapter and his friendly relationship was established with the main character, I think his pre-fengjiu personality will be explored more in that novel.

I cant WAIT for bodhi fate to be published!! Even though technically Ill be waiting another 2 years to see a glimpse of what happens after chapter 1 

She is including with the Vol1 of Lotus Steps Book1 a 50,000 word Pillow Book extra, which will be ancient times and Dong Hua's origins, and Dong Feng at the present. The first volume of Lotus Steps and the Pillow Book extra release on Lunar New Year next year...just a couple more months now! :)

I'm wishing of official English publications of her works after TMOPB...Eagerly waiting for the 4 books of 3L3W, and hopefully, eventually, the drama adaptations.

The only characters I actually am invested in is Donghua and Moyuan and now that Donghua has finally gotten the love story he deserves, I have to suffer longer to see MY's love story. I'm getting that TMOPB deja vu again for the long wait for PB's novel and drama

I know, right? Dong Hua and Mo Yuan are like the two favourites. Dong Hua will always be the special one and the most pampered. :lol: But Mo Yuan will also get lots of love when he's finally with Shao Wan. However, I think that we will all love the other couples of 3L3W once we get to know them. 

It will take time, but I guess it's better that way, rather than turn out a half-baked novel, or something inferior compared to the previous books.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

pre-fengjiu personality

What is the difference exactly? Other than flirty, jealousy baby emperor? Lol

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

She is including with the Vol1 of Lotus Steps Book1 a 50,000 word Pillow Book extra, which will be ancient times and Dong Hua's origins, and Dong Feng at the present. The first volume of Lotus Steps and the Pillow Book extra release on Lunar New Year next year...just a couple more months now!

YAAAS

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

LOL I'm thinking his rumored scary side will probably show more. I like his psycho side as much as i adore his softy side:heart2beat:

I actually want to see that. The closest we came to it in the book was...um...when Feng Jiu got house arrest for scratching Jiheng?

no when Feng Jiu got hurt when she came to see Dong Hua in the starlight ward?

no when the sea serpent found the ice coffin!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

3 hours ago, Megan said:

no when Feng Jiu got hurt when she came to see Dong Hua in the starlight ward?

no when the sea serpent found the ice coffin!

The first on the way DH had cut Miao Luo to finish her. 

The second on how much time he can willingly toy with his opponent, and his stamina in fighting without magic.

Hmm, DH needed this battle with the water serpent actually. Days before, he was..."very much frustrated". :rolleyes: He needs to release the pent-up energy. :naughty:

3 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

LOL I'm thinking his rumored scary side will probably show more. I like his psycho side as much as i adore his softy side

I definitely want to know more of the DH in the ancient battlefields and the details of his exploits to unite the realms. Also, his time with Fushen, what could be his inner thoughts.  Why him as Emperor, not Mo Yuan.

3 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Poor guy. I hope so. This guy literally lived the longest in realm apart from his love interest and had to witness everyone finding their other halfs.

It's a much awaited match - an ancient alpha dragon and the ancestral white phoenix demon goddess.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I cant WAIT for bodhi fate to be published!! Even though technically Ill be waiting another 2 years to see a glimpse of what happens after chapter 1 

Same here, Mo Yuan and DH are my favorite characters! 

Not much is known about MY, so many questioned yet unanswered.

49 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The first on the way DH had cut Miao Luo to finish her. 

The second on how much time he can willingly toy with his opponent, and his stamina in fighting without magic.

Hmm, DH needed this battle with the water serpent actually. Days before, he was..."very much frustrated". :rolleyes: He needs to release the pent-up energy. :naughty:

LOL my thoughts exactly!

49 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I definitely want to know more of the DH in the ancient battlefields and the details of his exploits to unite the realms. Also, his time with Fushen, what could be his inner thoughts.  Why him as Emperor, not Mo Yuan.

I hope we'll get a hint in LS. I have been wondering since TMOPB. 

• Wiggle 1

5 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I hope we'll get a hint in LS. I have been wondering since TMOPB.

Same here, from TMOPB! ^_^ 

In Lotus Steps, at least two deities will be awakened. I see this book as the "bridge" connecting the ancient to the present in the 3L3W universe.

Spoiler

Mortal arc first 24 chapters, one was revived by Lian Song.

• Wiggle 1

@MayanEcho Do you know if the translation team will pick up LS again?

I regulary check the webpage but it's been quiet lately... 

From what I managed to pick up from the auto translated text is we've got something exciting to look out for. :D February is my least favorite month of the year.. (one reason is because I always sound like an idiot when pronouncing it) 

But I'm looking forward to it now! Is there an official release date for Lotus Step yet? 

• Blob 1

47 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

But I'm looking forward to it now! Is there an official release date for Lotus Step yet? 

Author said Chinese new year next year, so around Feb 12 2021? :) She said (in auto translate) that the extra Pillow Book chapters will be beautiful and good to read...other versions of translation said fun to read. ^_^ 

• Wiggle 1

Deliberately/Pian Pian, the ending theme song of ELOD sang by no other than Bambi Zhu/Zhu Xudan (TMOPB Xuan Nu) and Jeremy Tsui/Xu Zengxhi. :) 

I'm kinda thinking there'll be a riot if Vengo and Dilraba are in the stage together, like the other dramas that their actors/actresses sang the themes during the awards. :sweatingbullets:

• Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm kinda thinking there'll be a riot if Vengo and Dilraba are in the stage together, like the other dramas that their actors/actresses sang the themes during the awards. :sweatingbullets:

Why would there be a riot?

Hey, do you think Jiheng would have wanted to marry Dong Hua if she had known beforehand that Minsu was a girl?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Deliberately/Pian Pian, the ending theme song of ELOD sang by no other than Bambi Zhu/Zhu Xudan (TMOPB Xuan Nu) and Jeremy Tsui/Xu Zengxhi. :) 

Thanks for sharing. I love her dress! :D 

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Why would there be a riot?

Hey, do you think Jiheng would have wanted to marry Dong Hua if she had known beforehand that Minsu was a girl?

I think so... It would give her a higher status and thus more power and she would live more comfortably.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1