[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

On 12/1/2020 at 3:38 PM, MayanEcho said:

I'm doubtful there are any much better synonyms to sphere. Domain sounds vague, territory sounds like there's someone else who presides other areas, area feels too small, kingdom or empire just don't sound right and repetitive, zones or arena aren't grand enough. 

I think the sphere is alright if not realm. :) Wicked lotus sphere might be better as wicked lotus realm though. Four Seas and Eight Realms, hmm, the realms might be exchangeable to territories or kingdoms? Otherwise let it be as it is.

Yeah, I'm also thinking that Sphere might be the best choice even if it's conflicting with the Wicked Lotus Sphere, thank you, didn't quite consider changing the Wicked Lotus Sphere instead - I'll probably do that. 

It's common for most of the people here to know at least 2 languages. In school, a student would learn English, Arabic, and language of choice. 

There are schools here too that cater mainly to their expat communities although also open to other nationalities, like the British, German, Japanese, French, Russian, Indian, and Chinese schools. 

Many tourists to UAE are from East Asia. Before pandemic, whenever I visit Dubai Mall, I would see at least two or three tour groups checking out the goods and attractions in the mall and nearby. :)

Oooh, definitely didn't know that there would be so many tourists from East Asia in the UAE, that's so cool to find out!

Sinopaharm vaccine for COVID19 are in phase three test here for the volunteers. Several members of the royal families and officials, aside from thousands of volunteers took part for the testing. At present the vaccine is readily available for the med front liners.

If cases are surging there in NY, then it is better you're doing your classes online. For me, the kids are back to school, but I'm not so worried...coz they're the lone students in their respective sections, LOL. 

Best of luck to your finals! 

Oh yeah, we've also got a couple vaccines in the final stages of trial now, I think Pfizer and Moderna? It's pretty crazy how fast they're pushing the vaccines through everywhere, I just heard that they were expecting to start giving them by the end of this month at the earliest here. 

Most kids here are doing online classes cause their parents don't want to risk it, but my uncle actually did the same thing you did with his kids for the same reason. LOL. There's like barely anyone else in their classes, so it kinda does make perfect sense, especially with younger kids who can't focus during online classes. 

Thank you, finals are definitely a nightmare for me! Been studying almost nonstop. :tears:

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Oooh, definitely didn't know that there would be so many tourists from East Asia in the UAE, that's so cool to find out!

Dubai in particular is a tourist hub. :) As I remember from the airport (there are 4 terminals) itself, there are tours offered for people in layovers, and it's easy enough to move around given that the train metro has an airport station. 

It's pretty crazy how fast they're pushing the vaccines through everywhere, I just heard that they were expecting to start giving them by the end of this month at the earliest here. 

Maybe due to possible surge of cases during winter...But I would rather these pharmacological companies only issue the vaccines to the public until at least the phase three of testing is over, and the results should be well vetted before the drugs/medicines authorities issue the approval for its use. 

There's like barely anyone else in their classes, so it kinda does make perfect sense, especially with younger kids who can't focus during online classes. 

The kids are at home online during exams, since the test questions are answered via online only. Normal classes they are back to school. 

Can you believe it, but one of the kiddos slept during their half yearly test? Seen via video call by teacher and classmates. :w00t: At least before sleeping she finished her test first, LOL!

LMAO, I think that's worse than the one sleeping during classes at the Water Marsh school!

Thank you, finals are definitely a nightmare for me! Been studying almost nonstop.

Best of luck, you will do well in the tests! Hopefully there are no exam portions in any subjects that would make you feel you didn't study anything (some profs can be very bad).

• LOL 2

Scenario: both Bai Qian and Dong Hua are cooking fish over a fire. Dong Hua’s fish looks decent but you know it’s poison. Bai Qian’s fish is charred and you know you don’t want to eat it either. But you have no choice. You must pick either fish to eat. The chefs won’t judge you for your choice but you must choose.

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Scenario: both Bai Qian and Dong Hua are cooking fish over a fire. Dong Hua’s fish looks decent but you know it’s poison. Bai Qian’s fish is charred and you know you don’t want to eat it either. But you have no choice. You must pick either fish to eat. The chefs won’t judge you for your choice but you must choose.

Hahaha, I'll take both. No offending these two people, especially after they themselves cooked. 

But I will eat DH's fish first. Then BQ's. In that order. The poisonous fish will be countered by the charcoal from the charred fish. 

• Wiggle 1

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe due to possible surge of cases during winter...But I would rather these pharmacological companies only issue the vaccines to the public until at least the phase three of testing is over, and the results should be well vetted before the drugs/medicines authorities issue the approval for its use. 

Oh absolutely, I don't really want to take the vaccine for this very reason, but I may very well be forced to by my school if I want to be able to attend clinicals (nursing student). -sigh-

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The kids are at home online during exams, since the test questions are answered via online only. Normal classes they are back to school. 

Can you believe it, but one of the kiddos slept during their half yearly test? Seen via video call by teacher and classmates. :w00t: At least before sleeping she finished her test first, LOL!

LMAO, I think that's worse than the one sleeping during classes at the Water Marsh school!

LOL. imo, exams need to be the things that are in person for very obvious (cheating) reasons. I actually saw something the other day were there were definitely people cheating on AP exams, but they can't really be caught so they all got away with it...

:lol: I can believe it, I also once took a nap after a test (in person, in high school)! At least she did finish it first! I hope she did well!

3 hours ago, Megan said:

I want to say Bai Qian's. Charring would probably make it a little bitter, but charring can be scraped off right? I assume Donghua's fish is poisonous in and out. 

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Oh absolutely, I don't really want to take the vaccine for this very reason, but I may very well be forced to by my school if I want to be able to attend clinicals (nursing student). -sigh-

Sigh indeed. The clinicals will be next term?

I can believe it, I also once took a nap after a test (in person, in high school)! At least she did finish it first! I hope she did well!

LOL, she said she was bored!  Her test results were good. 

During exams for the kids in their school, the cams are on and they are video/audio recorded while doing the tests.

I want to say Bai Qian's. Charring would probably make it a little bitter, but charring can be scraped off right? I assume Donghua's fish is poisonous in and out. 

I'm afraid that with BQ's cooking, her fish will be charred to the bones! :tounge_wink:

• Blob 2

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Sigh indeed. The clinicals will be next term?

Depends on whether my school can get placements. A lot of people already didn't get placements for this semester, much less the next. :/

LOL, she said she was bored!  Her test results were good. 

During exams for the kids in their school, the cams are on and they are video/audio recorded while doing the tests.

As long as her test scores are good, she should be able to take as many naps as she wants! Yeah, it seems like that's generally what schools are doing across the board, my school is the same, and same for all my friends who go to other schools. I suppose that's the only way, unless the teachers are cool with open-book open-note exams. 

I'm afraid that with BQ's cooking, her fish will be charred to the bones! :tounge_wink:

:lol: You know what, I'd take that too over poison! 

• LOL 2

37 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Depends on whether my school can get placements. A lot of people already didn't get placements for this semester, much less the next. :/

Maybe your school will have, cross fingers. Right now...focus on the finals ^_^

As long as her test scores are good, she should be able to take as many naps as she wants!

Their school discourage parents to hover or sit with the kids during online classes. So they're mostly on their own, and just take a look every half to one hour or so. That's how she sneaked a nap. :lol:

38 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

You know what, I'd take that too over poison! 

That will be like eating charcoal, LOL!

I'm now wondering if Third Prince or Cheng Yu can cook, hahaha! And I doubt that Shao Wan might even be worse than bestie DH! :D

• Blob 1

12 hours ago, Megan said:

I pick the third option. I suggest Bai Qian and Dong Hua try each other's dish :D

It's rather endearing how these supposedly perfect deities have weaknesses. 

• LOL 2

58 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I pick the third option. I suggest Bai Qian and Dong Hua try each other's dish :D

It's rather endearing how these supposedly perfect deities have weaknesses. 

Tsk. Poor Bai Qian, she will lose out. There might be no fish to serve Dong Hua coz its turned to charcoal and ashes. While Bai Qian will have to eat Dong Hua's signature dish. :skull: 

• LOL 1

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Tsk. Poor Bai Qian, she will lose out. There might be no fish to serve Dong Hua coz its turned to charcoal and ashes. While Bai Qian will have to eat Dong Hua's signature dish. :skull: 

lol can't put that past Dong Hua. He most likely find some way to avoid eating the fish.

What would be interesting is, if Feng Jiu cooked badly, would Dong Hua soldier on and eat his beloved's food?

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

36 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

lol can't put that past Dong Hua. He most likely find some way to avoid eating the fish.

What would be interesting is, if Feng Jiu cooked badly, would Dong Hua soldier on and eat his beloved's food?

I think DH doesn't have to do anything over BQ's fish dish, given that she almost burned her hut before in the mortal realm, if she wasn't burning whatever she was cooking. :lol:

Hmm, I don't think he will eat what FJ cooked badly. Shameless as he is, he'll tell her it's bad. He'll tell it in a nice way though. :P Or ask her to share with him. Then he won't have to tell her.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

48 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, I don't think he will eat what FJ cooked badly. Shameless as he is, he'll tell her it's bad. He'll tell it in a nice way though. :P Or ask her to share with him. Then he won't have to tell her.

For someone so good at kissing, and whose best friend is supposedly a romance expert, Dong Hua is surprisingly new in matters of romantic notions.

even Feng Jiu who is new to love, wanted to spare his feelings of his poisonous fish.

• LOL 1

On 12/4/2020 at 8:59 AM, Megan said:

For someone so good at kissing, and whose best friend is supposedly a romance expert, Dong Hua is surprisingly new in matters of romantic notions.

even Feng Jiu who is new to love, wanted to spare his feelings of his poisonous fish.

Both are innocents, LOL!

One is a monk even if he kisses well. Must have learnt a thing or two during the years he was throwing out bed invaders. We should ask Zhe Yan, hahaha!

The other relies on mortal plays books of her aunt.

Wondering about story writer Si Ming. Will he have the actual skills and know how? :naughty:

• Like 1

Ok, this is kind of an obvious topic, but we all know Dong Hua loves furry animals. After having a fox for a pet, then his wife and son, his favorite animal is obviously a fox.

But will he still play with his other furry mounts?

8 hours ago, Megan said:

Ok, this is kind of an obvious topic, but we all know Dong Hua loves furry animals. After having a fox for a pet, then his wife and son, his favorite animal is obviously a fox.

But will he still play with his other furry mounts?

He and his family will be playing with his furry mounts. DH himself said, what is hers is also his, there aren't any differences. Then later on, BGG said DH and FJ belong to him. :)

• Like 2

I just realized that for me, what drew me to watch Once Upon A Time movie and thus introduce me to the 三生三世 universe was partly the title. Once Upon A Time sounds like a fairy tale to me so of course I was curious enough to look at the trailer and etc before I was determined to watch the movie.

but here’s my question. Say you had never before heard of Eternal Love or the actors starring in ELOD, would you be interested in watching a drama called Eternal Love of Dream, after spotting their promotional poster?

honestly...I doubt I would have watched it had I not known beforehand. ELOD’s title just doesn’t grab my attention. As for the poster, it depends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

I just realized that for me, what drew me to watch Once Upon A Time movie and thus introduce me to the 三生三世 universe was partly the title. Once Upon A Time sounds like a fairy tale to me so of course I was curious enough to look at the trailer and etc before I was determined to watch the movie.

but here’s my question. Say you had never before heard of Eternal Love or the actors starring in ELOD, would you be interested in watching a drama called Eternal Love of Dream, after spotting their promotional poster?

honestly...I doubt I would have watched it had I not known beforehand. ELOD’s title just doesn’t grab my attention. As for the poster, it depends.

Good question. With Eternal Love, I might not be interested much from the title alone.  Eternal Love of Dream however will pique my curiosity. What is the dream about? Or "who" is the dream?

Personal opinion,  the original novel titles would have been perfect titles for the 3L3W dramas/movie. 

As for the 3 initial official posters, the silver hair and the purple costume would intrigue me, because it's not a combination I would often see. The composite photos will really make me interested - coz I would know now just by looking that the main lead actor/actress will have 3 characters to play. The poster that would make me watch though would be this long photo.

Spoiler

3nbkguzg0mzxv1necgofbv23l.jpg

• Like 1