[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Congratulations Vengo!

Congratulations to Gao Wei Guang for winning the 2020 Tencent Entertainment Annual Ceremony X Star Index TV Series Actor of the Year.

Whether as the cold, noble, and affectionate Emperor Donghua in "Three Lives and Three Worlds: Pillow Book", or the handsome and excellent doctor Lin Zhiheng in "Living Toward The Sun", or the outstanding detective Luo Qiuheng in "Miss S", Gao Wei Guang acted all the characters and roles with different aesthetics and textures. He performed his roles with depth and transparency, which clearly and powerfully conveyed the emotions of the characters. The characters he played left deep, lasting impressions to the audience.***

image.jpg

image.jpg

Source 1

Source 2

***Via Google translate with minor editing for grammar/context

• Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Congratulations Vengo!

Congratulations to Gao Wei Guang for winning the 2020 Tencent Entertainment Annual Ceremony X Star Index TV Series Actor of the Year.

Whether as the cold, noble, and affectionate Emperor Donghua in "Three Lives and Three Worlds: Pillow Book", or the handsome and excellent doctor Lin Zhiheng in "Living Toward The Sun", or the outstanding detective Luo Qiuheng in "Miss S", Gao Wei Guang acted all the characters and roles with different aesthetics and textures. He performed his roles with depth and transparency, which clearly and powerfully conveyed the emotions of the characters. The characters he played left lasting impressions to the audience.***

Agree! Congratz to Vengo!

I'm happy to see Vengo and Dilraba have gotten recognition for their respective roles! ELOD was without doubt one of the most anticipated and well received drama of this year.  :hooray:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Agree! Congratz to Vengo!

I'm happy to see Vengo and Dilraba have gotten recognition for their respective roles! ELOD was without doubt one of the most anticipated and well received dramas of this year.  

Dilraba was also in the top 10 contenders, which was won by Li Qin.

Aw, Li Qin. I remember posting in this thread before that she can be one of the goddesses when they wake up from their deep sleep. If ever she also becomes part of future 3L3W dramas, she would be awesome as Shao Wan. :)

What I like about Vengo's acting is that he is very much into his role, and he gave the characters he had played their distinct, own identities. The only common and shared among them - Vengo. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

30 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Dilraba was also in the top 10 contenders, which was won by Li Qin.

Aw, Li Qin. I remember posting in this thread before that she can be one of the goddesses when they wake up from their deep sleep. If ever she also becomes part of future 3L3W dramas, she would be awesome as Shao Wan. :)

I second that! I'm currently watching The Wolf where she plays the ML. 

I would love to see her become part of the 3L3W universe. 

26 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

I think she's the only who can win against him in terms of scolding.  She can be sassy towards him too :D

LOL I think your right. Then again,  DJ is more shameless than FJ... 

But I think he likes being scolded by her...she does it too well! 

And she is.....fiercely... scary... :lol:

The Pillow Book Fengjiu GIF - ThePillowBook Fengjiu EternalLoveOfDream -  Discover & Share GIFs in 2020 | Eternal love drama, Eternal love, Discover

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

40 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

And she is.....fiercely... scary... :lol:

1 hour ago, daydreamer77 said:

I think she's the only who can win against him in terms of scolding.  She can be sassy towards him too :D

The argument is over once she shows her fox tails or she's in her fox form :lol:

• LOL 2

10 hours ago, Megan said:

Reading the fic mentioned above, I can’t help wondering how Jiheng would have sabotaged DongFeng...

hmm, pretend to be a hapless maid and hope for Dong Hua’s sympathy?

drug Feng Jiu’s tea? 

It's doubtful she'll come even close to sabotaging them, because DH and FH won't ever agree of her as their maid in Tai Chen Palace or any of their residences.

He isn't stupid to allow to live within his walls someone who might very well turn out to be Sujin II for her inflated sense of entitlement and Zhi He II for her imaginary rights over him.

Even if he is thick faced, a political fall out is the last thing he wants over household staff.

DH is respected, but he'll be inviting war from Qing Qiu if he actually consents to JH becoming a maid and the third wheel in his home with Feng Jiu. Her subjects will never find it acceptable for the Queen of Qing Qiu.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

38 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH is respected, but he'll be inviting war from Qing Qiu if he actually consents to JH becoming a maid and the third wheel in his home with Feng Jiu. Her subjects will never find it acceptable for the Queen of Qing Qiu.

True. But in the Sky kingdom, harems are allowed. And JH isn’t a concubine but a maid.

meanwhile, 

Congrats Vengo! You deserve it. Is there a video speech?

also, remember when Feng Jiu was sick and Dong Hua had to care for her. In the book, he had his way of dealing with her crying. But in the drama, when she cried louder, what happened to Mr “I like making people cry. Cry louder”?

41 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He isn't stupid to allow to live within his walls someone who might very well turn out to be Sujin II for her inflated sense of entitlement and Zhi He II for her imaginary rights over him.

For exiled princesses, they don’t seem to realize they are in disgrace...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

True. But in the Sky kingdom, harems are allowed. And JH isn’t a concubine but a maid.

JH was the runaway, previous bride though. Even if that was a fake betrothal to cover the ruse of letting her escape to marry Minsu, which she had vehemently wished and declared to DH at Mt Baishui after Meng Hao's death. 

IXCkpqd.png

TF8WdAV.png

GwF2bbL.png

Source: ELOD, WeTV (screenshots by poster)

1 hour ago, Megan said:

also, remember when Feng Jiu was sick and Dong Hua had to care for her. In the book, he had his way of dealing with her crying. But in the drama, when she cried louder, what happened to Mr “I like making people cry. Cry louder”?

Drama POV FJ wasn't crying for the sake of crying. She was sick and when she is gripped by illness she cries for her mother. How can DH tease her while she is in the throes of delirium?

1 hour ago, Megan said:

For exiled princesses, they don’t seem to realize they are in disgrace...

Though Sujin was punished further for Ye Hua's death when she did not call for reinforcements, it is Ji Heng who was the most disgraceful of them all, for her very destructive behaviour and deplorable lack of gratitude.

There wasn't even a real hold for JH to keep DH looking after her. Even with the scale/claw of her father. IMO, when her father asked DH to cure her Qiushui poisoning and help her escape the wrath of Xuyang, that already cancelled the promise of the scale/claw.

• Insightful 1

The moment when you realize while Dong Hua was ignorant of his son’s existence for 200 years but Gun Gun had 200 years * 200 years to get used to the fact that he had no father.

I can’t remember if I asked this before but how do you think Dong Hua and Chonglin would react if they had learned of Gun Gun before Dong Hua battled Miao Luo? Would Chonglin still tell the truth and berate Feng Jiu?

This is just a what if. Like maybe Gun Gun followed his mother sneakily. (Yeah I can’t even imagine that scenario. For the son of two tricksters, Gun Gun is a surprisingly well behaved boy...)

2 hours ago, Megan said:

The moment when you realize while Dong Hua was ignorant of his son’s existence for 200 years but Gun Gun had 200 years * 200 years to get used to the fact that he had no father.

I can’t remember if I asked this before but how do you think Dong Hua and Chonglin would react if they had learned of Gun Gun before Dong Hua battled Miao Luo? Would Chonglin still tell the truth and berate Feng Jiu?

This is just a what if. Like maybe Gun Gun followed his mother sneakily. (Yeah I can’t even imagine that scenario. For the son of two tricksters, Gun Gun is a surprisingly well behaved boy...)

It's actually sad he didn't know he has a son and Gun-gun didn't know his father. Thank goodness for happy ending.  

I think Gun-gun is the adult in the family :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

17 hours ago, Megan said:

Question: beyond Qingqiu, the demons and the ghouls, probably the Phoenixes, is every other kingdom under the Sky clan pre-QingCang war?

Sorry, I don't understand your question...

8 hours ago, Megan said:

In the book, how was Feng Jiu ignorant of the fact that Jiheng did not marry Dong Hua? Surely such gossip would have reached Qingqiu!

When she returned to Qing Qiu she was desolate and gravely wounded.

She wasn't sure about DH's feelings for JH but it didn't matter to her anymore whom he married. 

"After she left Jiuchongtian that night, she never asked about Dong Hua again."

PB page 130

The 'story' was that JH vanished on her wedding night and no one outside Tai Chen and those involved knew exactly what had happened. I highly doubt her family would mention DH to her seeing what kind of state she was in when she came back even is they had heard the rumor of JH gone missing. 

Imo, even had she known, it wouldn't have mattered. In her mind she was 'dumped' as a pet and ignored as a maidservant, remember she had been trying for several hundreds of years and experienced abuse and bullying. In her mind they had no fate together… so she tried to let go of her 'childish' notions. 

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Megan said:

Question: beyond Qingqiu, the demons and the ghouls, probably the Phoenixes, is every other kingdom under the Sky clan pre-QingCang war?

Not exactly Sky clan, but their supreme ruler was Dong Hua before his retirement. This is in the Q&A in the blog.

8 hours ago, Megan said:

In the book, how was Feng Jiu ignorant of the fact that Jiheng did not marry Dong Hua? Surely such gossip would have reached Qingqiu!

She knew the general story that the bride ran away earlier and Zhi He took her place. The smaller details of Dong Hua not going through the nuptial rites because he was looking for his fox, no. (APB1, p130-131).

50 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Imo, even had she known, it wouldn't have mattered. In her mind she was 'dumped' as a pet and ignored as a maidservant, remember she had been trying for several hundreds of years and experienced abuse and bullying. In her mind they had no fate together… so she tried to let go of her 'childish' notions. 

That's one of FJ's best traits when it comes to relationships. Even if she's persistent and have a thick face, she knows when to stop her pursuit and to back-off without being told. The forgetting part would be a different matter, but she won't scheme against her rivals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

That's one of FJ's best traits when it comes to relationships. Even if she's persistent and have a thick face, she knows when to stop her pursuit and to back-off without being told. The forgetting part would be a different matter, but she won't scheme against her rivals.

Yes! :D But she will give it her very best first... Not a quitter until it becomes pointless. Seems Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen know her quite well in allowing het to go to Tai Chen in the first place. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Yes! :D But she will give it her very best first... Not a quitter until it becomes pointless. Seems Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen know her quite well in allowing het to go to Tai Chen in the first place. 

Dare I say the old phoenix is the first DH-FJ shipper? ^_^ That reassurance of him that she is clever and that DH will find her cooking irresistible. And that Bai Zhen low key supports this too? He knew FJ admires DH very much even before she was saved at Mt Qinyao.

• Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Dare I say the old phoenix is the first DH-FJ shipper? ^_^ That reassurance of him that she is clever and that DH will find her cooking irresistible. And that Bai Zhen low key supports this too? He knew FJ admires DH very much even before she was saved at Mt Qinyao.

Zhe Yan must know Dong Hua values talent. :lol: And perhaps he was curious to see if she could move this old 'rock'. Surprised he's willing to share their favorite and only cook though!

• Wiggle 1

22 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Zhe Yan must know Dong Hua values talent. :lol: And perhaps he was curious to see if she could move this old 'rock'. Surprised he's willing to share their favorite and only cook though!

They dote on Xiao Jiu, and let her explore around her independently as part of her learning and growing up. Honestly, I shouldn't feel like this, but I'm happy Bai Yi preferred to roam around with his wife, rather than stay in one place for some years to be with FJ when she was in her foundation years.

Bai Yi was too rigid and would have clipped FJ's spirit. IMO Bai Qian and the two uncles raised her better than Bai Yi could ever have done, since it's quite disgraceful how little he regards his daughter's capabilities.  Worse, what he himself didn't do as her father, he wants to palm off now to the husband for her...isn't that why he's looking for someone who would take care of her and support her, because he wasn't really able to do that? It's quite a surprise that he at least taught her his swords skills.

I can't imagine FJ with no joie de vivre. This was one reason why DH was attracted to her, and why he loved her so,  that he promised freedom for her.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1