[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

so Dong Hua was the god of the sun?

meanwhile...this is weird but does anybody wish Feng Jiu had done more to help Muyun? Especially considering how she probably died again on FJ’s account?

also, while Jiheng may almost be seen as pitiful in failing to get Dong Hua’s attention, why doesn’t Zhihe get more karma? Seriously? Her punishment is exile and bird poop? She nearly murdered Feng Jiu. She murdered a butterfly. She keeps pushing Feng Jiu into water.
i can’t see Jiheng getting satisfactorily karmic retribution cause of the actress.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

meanwhile...this is weird but does anybody wish Feng Jiu had done more to help Muyun? Especially considering how she probably died again on FJ’s account?

Death however, would give her the chance to be reborn into something better. I rather think even if it was a token gesture, Feng Jiu shielding Muyun against the lashes has given her the chance to somehow save her from getting hurt, unlike in Tai Chen when she couldn't defy Yuru and Zhi He.

Feng Jiu has also treated Muyun very well. A pity that in further circumstances during the mortal trial, there's not much Feng Jiu can really do after she herself was emotionally punished on what she has to do while still grieving for Qingti.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

also, while Jiheng may almost be seen as pitiful in failing to get Dong Hua’s attention, why doesn’t Zhihe get more karma? Seriously? Her punishment is exile and bird poop? She nearly murdered Feng Jiu. She murdered a butterfly. She keeps pushing Feng Jiu into water.

Zhi He acted wilfully and cruelly, but except for the butterfly, Feng Jiu has relatively escaped unharmed. 

Don't discount the lose of face and fall from grace aspects of Zhi He's exile. In real life, many can't get over nor recover over their tarnished reputations that they do the extreme. 

She is a water goddess, but she can not live with the celestials until she is pardoned. Whereas a Jiuchongtian maid stays in the Sky Kingdom, she can not visit without invitation.

Furthermore, Dong Hua implied that had he been the Sky Lord still, he would have punished her more harshly than what the present Tianjun sentenced her.

As for Ji Heng, I don't see her pitiful at all. She disgraced her clan not just once but twice, and she can not leave her realm anymore. She was the most unbelievable ingrate, her ego on what she demands as "due" for her rivals Sujin's.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

i can’t see Jiheng getting satisfactorily karmic retribution cause of the actress.

What do you mean?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Feng Jiu has also treated Muyun very well. A pity that in further circumstances during the mortal trial, there's not much Feng Jiu can really do after she herself was emotionally punished on what she has to do while still grieving for Qingti.

But why not give Muyun immortality too if she was giving it to Qingti? She only needs half the fruit for a body anyway.

32 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Don't discount the lose of face and fall from grace aspects of Zhi He's exile. In real life, many can't get over nor recover over their tarnished reputations that they do the extreme. 

But she still retains respect because of her brother. If even Lian Song still considers her a worthy bride, the immortals gossip about her beauty, and the heavenly lord thinks she still has value. She was still invited to the biggest wedding yet.

34 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Furthermore, Dong Hua implied that had he been the Sky Lord still, he would have punished her more harshly than what the present Tianjun sentenced her

Huh. Never got that impression. I thought he asked Tianjun to be lenient on her...

34 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

What do you mean?

I suspect Jiheng got her happy ending as demon empress and a new love interest because the actress was the original owner.

in the book, we don’t know much about how Jiheng fared after Dong Hua returned her to the demon clan. Pretty sure she was unhappy about being rejected though.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Megan said:

But why not give Muyun immortality too if she was giving it to Qingti? She only needs half the fruit for a body anyway.

If Muyun and other servants were killed when Feng Jiu jumped off from the cliff, she wasn't there to know about that anymore. 

How much of the fruit she didn't really know. Though she agreed with Xiao Yan for half, in the end it was still the whole fruit for Qingti. 

But she still retains respect because of her brother. If even Lian Song still considers her a worthy bride, the immortals gossip about her beauty, and the heavenly lord thinks she still has value. She was still invited to the biggest wedding yet.

Yet Zhi He remains an exile and she wasn't invited to the wedding.

Huh. Never got that impression. I thought he asked Tianjun to be lenient on her...

Dong Hua asked Zhi He if she was not yet contented with the punishment, didn't he? He told Zhi He that she got the softest punishment due to the deference of Tianjun to him.

I suspect Jiheng got her happy ending as demon empress and a new love interest because the actress was the original owner.

And that accommodation didn't exactly endear her any more than when it was announced she'll be Ji Heng. Her social media posts and how she responded to the accusations of whitewashing her character just made her image worse.

in the book, we don’t know much about how Jiheng fared after Dong Hua returned her to the demon clan. Pretty sure she was unhappy about being rejected though

If she's unhappy over that, she deserves it. She still got off lightly in comparison to what the people she wronged endure. Fengjiu was 200 years alone with Bai Gun Gun, but in the mortal realm she and her son were more or less 73,000 years on their own, given what Cheng Yu said that a day in immortal realm is a year for Feng Jiu when she learned that she left Qing Qiu.

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Yet Zhi He remains an exile and she wasn't invited to the wedding.

I thought she was invited? Wasn’t she the one who hired the theatre troupe for Bai Qian?

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Dong Hua asked Zhi He if she was not yet contented with the punishment, didn't he? He told Zhi He that she got the softest punishment due to the deference of Tianjun to him.

Yeah. So how does that imply he would have given her a harsher punishment? He could have if he really wanted to.

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If she's unhappy over that, she deserves it. She still got off lightly in comparison to what the people she wronged endure. Fengjiu was 200 years alone with Bai Gun Gun, but in the mortal realm she and her son were more or less 73,000 years on their own, given what Cheng Yu said that a day in immortal realm is a year for Feng Jiu when she learned that she left Qing Qiu.

That doesn’t make sense. Because Feng Jiu is a teenager at 30000. If they really spent 73000 years, Gun Gun would be an adult.

24 minutes ago, Megan said:

thought she was invited? Wasn’t she the one who hired the theatre troupe for Bai Qian?

Oh, my bad, I thought you meant the Bihai Cangling wedding.

Yeah. So how does that imply he would have given her a harsher punishment? He could have if he really wanted to.

Dong Hua asked her if she wasn't contented with the exile punishment since Zhi He thinks he should have exonerated her rather than Lian Song because she is his foster sister. Then he described the exile as a "soft" punishment. 

And he could have punished her more, but since he's retired as Tianjun, Hao De sentenced her as he saw it fit. 

That doesn’t make sense. Because Feng Jiu is a teenager at 30000. If they really spent 73000 years, Gun Gun would be an adult.

Mortal realm equivalent, if it's what drama POV Cheng Yu said, that how lonely Feng Jiu will be, as a day in immortal realm is a year in mortal realm. 

They told Feng Jiu she's gone for 200 years. Will the sorrow of Zhong Lin make sense if she's only gone for 200 days in the immortal realm?

Even if they're in mortal realm, FJ and BGG are aging and growing like the immortals they are.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

28 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Dong Hua asked her if she wasn't contented with the exile punishment since Zhi He thinks he should have exonerated her rather than Lian Song because she is his foster sister. Then he described the exile as a "soft" punishment. 

And he could have punished her more, but since he's retired as Tianjun, Hao De sentenced her as he saw it fit. 

Ok, I can see Dong Hua admitting his foster sister got a light punishment with regards to what she had done. But I still don’t see that he would have given her a harsh punishment. He seemed content as long as she realized there were consequences she couldn’t escape from.

56 minutes ago, Megan said:

Ok, I can see Dong Hua admitting his foster sister got a light punishment with regards to what she had done. But I still don’t see that he would have given her a harsh punishment. He seemed content as long as she realized there were consequences she couldn’t escape from.

It's implied on how he described the punishment of Tianjun. If he found the exile soft, what would be considered hard for Dong Hua? 

Either way, it is good for Zhi He to realise that her association with the Emperor wouldn't save her from getting punished when she deliberately sought to deceive Dong Hua. She is a celestial and bound by celestials' laws.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's implied on how he described the punishment of Tianjun. If he found the exile soft, what would be considered hard for Dong Hua? 

Either way, it is good for Zhi He to realise that her association with the Emperor wouldn't save her from getting punished when she deliberately sought to deceive Dong Hua. She is a celestial and bound by celestials' laws.

It makes a girl wonder if Dong Hua only punished her because she made a spectacle of herself. He can’t be ignorant of how she treats the maids, right? Oh who am I kidding? The dude called his sister sweet and pure!

for a guy who knows a lot, he is remarkably blind when it comes to the women in his life. Feng Jiu. Jiheng. Zhihe.

• Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

I thought she was invited? Wasn’t she the one who hired the theatre troupe for Bai Qian?

True, and by doing so she basically invited herself.

"From her mountain, Zhi'he had handpicked and presented to Bai Qian a few of her singers and dancers. Because of this layered reason, she was able to appear as though she was here to see if her siners and dancers were serving Bai Qian well or not." Pillowbook p. 24.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 12/13/2020 at 7:43 PM, Megan said:

It makes a girl wonder if Dong Hua only punished her because she made a spectacle of herself. He can’t be ignorant of how she treats the maids, right? Oh who am I kidding? The dude called his sister sweet and pure!

for a guy who knows a lot, he is remarkably blind when it comes to the women in his life. Feng Jiu. Jiheng. Zhihe.

He avoided women like the plague, no thanks to his bed invaders. Even a warrior that he was packed up and went with Fushen at first offer. It was that bad according to Zhe Yan.

Having a beautiful face isn't always an advantage. LOL. Dong Hua attracted demonesses and pretty demon lad. Was it only one lad, nobody else after that first pretty lad? :rolleyes: Then there's Xiao Yan who is so good-looking, he was thought of as a beautiful lady. :lol: Even FJ thought he's an Adonis.

Zhi He might have been good to him as a foster sister,  but Dong Hua didn't really acknowledge how she feels until she pretended she's the bride. She really broke rules right there and then, and in public too.

Just imagine if Dong Hua wasn't like a monk but a flirt like Lian Song. Hahahaha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

22 minutes ago, Megan said:

:lol: Really, I think he CAN be that ignorant.

He barely even acknowledges her presence or looks at her.

He 'takes care' of her the way he knows how;  the way he was 'cared' for by Zhihe's parants: Food, clothing and a roof.

She's safe and well looked after in Tai Chen, but she refused to 'make' something of herself... Why would he notice her?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Really, I think he CAN be that ignorant.

Agree. He didn't even think of what would it imply to keep and use the handkerchief Ji Heng embroidered with her initials! :lol:

10 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

She's safe and well looked after in Tai Chen, but she refused to 'make' something of herself... Why would he notice her?

Dependent, non-achievers turns him off. Hahaha! He enjoys the company of Lian Song because he learns quickly, appreciates Zhong Lin because he's very intuitive as his right hand, and Si Ming for his writing and his bagua talent. :lol:

Then there's Feng Jiu, who learnt quickly under his tutelage, who also cooks so well and can fend for herself.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Agree. He didn't even think of what would it imply to keep and use the handkerchief Ji Heng embroidered with her initials! :lol:

Dong Hua Dont Care GIF - DongHua DontCare GaoWeiguang - Discover & Share  GIFs

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Dependent, non-achievers turns him off. Hahaha! He enjoys the company of Lian Song because he learns quickly, appreciates Zhong Lin because he's very intuitive as his right hand, and Si Ming for his writing and his bagua talent. :lol:

心得】(防雷警告)聽說雙周也可以發攻略- 暴食雙周菁英級我也來一發吧@神魔之塔哈啦板- 巴哈姆特

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Then there's Feng Jiu, who learnt quickly under his tutelage, who also cooks so well and can fend for herself.

Aaand... she does scolding really well too. 

thepillowbook89 - Tumblr blog | Tumgir

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

The dilemma of confusing relations spreads to Kunlun. :lol:

EhFNRiNVgAUEp1B?format=jpg&name=small

Twitter/gong_ELD

Mo Yuan: Little Dong Hua...

Bai Gun Gun: How...should I call him?

1. Father's classmate and peer

2. Grand Aunt's master and brother-in-law

3. Grand Uncle Ye Hua's so much older twin brother.

4. Great grandfather's classmate.

5. Uncle Ali's uncle.

• LOL 7