Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua thought Zhe Yan has come to reprimand him again? When was the first reprimand?

 

Coz they never expected FJ is legally the wife now of DH. As their only granddaughter, the Qing Qiu elders had hopes that her marriage will be a good alliance they approved, celebrated, and planned, not something they'll find out, or rather, forced out in the open that way, thanks to Nie Chuyin. 

 

They didn't tell that way of course, but the obvious reluctance and seeming silence of Bai Yi is enough indications that he does not condone DH's methods.

 

Zhe Yan however approves. From the 1st episode itself he's lenient with FJ going to Tai Chen as maid, even says DH will not be able to resist her good cooking. :) What he tells Ali too when they failed to retrieve FJ handkerchief.

 

3 hours ago, Megan said:

It is so satisfying to see Zhihe thrown out. Though why Jiheng is standing outside is anyone’s guess.

 

She's still an exile, and Zhi He went back uninvited. She should be thrown out.

 

Ji Heng might have already planned even before that time that she will force DH to leave FJ using her father's scale, and got bolder once she heard of the couple's marriage plans. Who's to say why she's lurking there, or why she has gone to Tai Chen Palace, other than ask DH something, as usual.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    2393

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Ninky

    1166

  • Yori Ten

    814

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

@MayanEcho :fullofhearts:

It's moments like these that makes Dongfeng's relationship so sweet.

 

I have been re-reading the novel. So glad Vengo and Reba put in the extra tender interactions. The hand holding, nose kisses, touching the hair etc makes Dongfeng's love extra tender and believable. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I have been re-reading the novel. So glad Vengo and Reba put in the extra tender interactions. The hand holding, nose kisses, touching the hair etc makes Dongfeng's love extra tender and believable.

 

The annotated one? :)

 

They have incredible chemistry,  and they fit their roles to a T. Credits too to the directors of ELOD. That bts demo of the rolling kiss, hahaha!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I’ve said this before but planning a wedding when there is going to be a battle is not the best idea. I mean I get that Dong Hua doesn’t want to lose Feng Jiu, but there was always a possibility that something, aka Miao Luo, might ruin his wedding. Add to that Feng Jiu could possibly be a widow very soon...so why go through the wedding again?

And remind me again what’s the point of the promise of freedom when they live in the sky kingdom and Feng Jiu has to be um....confined by rules and uphold her image as queen?

And how did Jiheng plan to survive long enough for Dong Hua to arrive? I doubt she has enough power to defend herself. She couldn’t before, and now she is poisoned. If Meng Hao died so quickly, how did Jiheng manage to survive just long enough for Dong Hua to show up? She couldn’t have known how Long he would take.

And technically while she was asking Dong Hua to let her remain by his side, did she forget Dong Hua was obliged to check on her regularly?

like Sheesh, is not being his queen worth dying for? She could have still tried to be a concubine. 
don’t get me wrong, I’m Glad Jiheng will never be empress or concubine or whatever, I just feel that her plan of blackmail and suicide is just plain stupid. At least Su Jin thought ahead and fought some more, even when it became clear Bai Qian would be the Sky empress. Su Jin fought and thought of ways to get rid of competition. Jiheng just wants to have the last laugh.

these 2 villains are hateful but seriously, Jiheng is kind of disappointing on the villain scale. It sucks that she still manages to cause such devastation with this idiotic plan of hers

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Megan said:

I know I’ve said this before but planning a wedding when there is going to be a battle is not the best idea. I mean I get that Dong Hua doesn’t want to lose Feng Jiu, but there was always a possibility that something, aka Miao Luo, might ruin his wedding. Add to that Feng Jiu could possibly be a widow very soon...so why go through the wedding again?

And remind me again what’s the point of the promise of freedom when they live in the sky kingdom and Feng Jiu has to be um....confined by rules and uphold her image as queen?

 

Well he probably doesn't know exactly when Miao Luo is going to escape, it's not really like there's (supposedly) a ton of time in between when they leave Aranya's Dream and the wedding. Something like a month, maybe? Two weeks for her prep for the Bincang Ceremony and two weeks at the Holy Blue Sea, right? And the entire thing for both the drama and the book was precisely that he doesn't want to lose her. In the book he did also seem to have some kind of a plan to purify the Miaoyi Huiming Realm and then fall into a deep sleep together with Fengjiu, so that they aren't apart. 

 

"Dijun… he had even thought to purify the Miaoyi Huiming Realm and then fall into a deep sleep together with you." (A-Lower Volume, pg. 345)

 

The plan was never for Fengjiu to become a widow, it was just what Jiheng did where she tried to kill herself that forced Donghua to take her poison into himself. That was the entire problem. He would never have had the potential to actually die if it weren't for Jiheng.

 

As for the promise of freedom, your answer is in Tangqi's first Q&A. They live in Jiuchongtian because Fengjiu likes to live close to her aunt, but they do still rotate between Jiuchongtian, Qingqiu, and the Holy Blue Sea. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

The plan was never for Fengjiu to become a widow, it was just what Jiheng did where she tried to kill herself that forced Donghua to take her poison into himself. That was the entire problem. He would never have had the potential to actually die if it weren't for Jiheng.

But it seems like Dong Hua is worried he would die when he makes his promise to Zhe Yan and when he worries that he won’t be by Feng Jiu’s side during her ascension.

meanwhile, currently watching Dong Hua hand Feng Jiu back to her brother. When Xuyang asks what Jiheng could have done, um, what is the emotion playing on his face? I don’t know what he’s thinking here.

kind of annoyed that even after this, Jiheng has to be the fainting damsel. Ugh. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished episode 53. First half is nice. Second half is infuriating.

ok, I get Dong Hua is innocent, but seriously...who visits an admirer on the eve of your wedding? That’s like Bella visiting Jacob (with Edward still hating him scenario). That’s not a good move. Especially when you do it alone. At best bring Chonglin with you.

and yeah I get that the Miaoyi realm is in danger, but don’t just leave Nie Chuyin there! Kill him then teleport away.

it sucks that Jiheng will be Xuyang’s heir but at least he didn’t die with regrets.

and her declaration of waiting for Xiao Yan is way too sudden. Like first heartbroken over Dong Hua, then now you’re interested in Xiao Yan.

jiheng, since when have you cared about being the disgrace of the demon clan? Oh right, when you were abandoning them to deal with your failed wedding, you didn’t care about them anymore. But now that you are returning to live amongst them, now you care about your reputation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Megan said:

I know I’ve said this before but planning a wedding when there is going to be a battle is not the best idea. I mean I get that Dong Hua doesn’t want to lose Feng Jiu, but there was always a possibility that something, aka Miao Luo, might ruin his wedding. Add to that Feng Jiu could possibly be a widow very soon...so why go through the wedding again?

 

It was a wedding reception to appease the Qing Qiu elders, and other than that, it would be to save FJ's face as well being a Queen herself. DH will not care,  even FJ will not care, but he will care that if FJ didn't have a decent celebration of her marriage to him, it will seem as if his wife is not important to him.

 

3 hours ago, Megan said:

And remind me again what’s the point of the promise of freedom when they live in the sky kingdom and Feng Jiu has to be um....confined by rules and uphold her image as queen?

 

Her Gugu lives there, to whom she's really close to. Anyhow the DH household would live in Qing Qiu, Jiuchongtian, and Bihai Cangling, as per TQ.

 

3 hours ago, Megan said:

And how did Jiheng plan to survive long enough for Dong Hua to arrive? I doubt she has enough power to defend herself. She couldn’t before, and now she is poisoned. If Meng Hao died so quickly, how did Jiheng manage to survive just long enough for Dong Hua to show up? She couldn’t have known how Long he would take.

 

Drama POV, JH just only had herself bitten enough, whereas Meng Hao that time was also trying to save her and Min Su. Since Meng Hao was recently freed by DH, one could say his cultivation has not recovered before he had to shield his daughter and her bodyguard. 

 

3 hours ago, Megan said:

And technically while she was asking Dong Hua to let her remain by his side, did she forget Dong Hua was obliged to check on her regularly?

like Sheesh, is not being his queen worth dying for? She could have still tried to be a concubine. 

 

As JH herself said in the book and in the drama, there are only two kinds of women for DH. The one who can only be his Empress, the other everyone else.

 

JH herself had said that she will try her luck as DH didn't choose yet. But she's such a delusional being to forget that he already chose his empress by revealing that he is the Prince Consort of FJ at Bincang ceremony, and the invitations sent for the delayed wedding banquet meant he wants everyone to know that he is FJ's husband.

 

But like what DH said, JH is obnoxious because she has her father's scale. JH demanded that he divorce FJ, since JH knows she'll never have the chance to be close to him at any way, much less to become a concubine, after this shenanigan of hers. 

 

3 hours ago, Megan said:

At least Su Jin thought ahead and fought some more, even when it became clear Bai Qian would be the Sky empress. Su Jin fought and thought of ways to get rid of competition. Jiheng just wants to have the last laugh.

 

They were both willing to use connections and favors owed to get what they wanted. Su Jin for the use of the soul gathering lamp for Ye Hua, Ji Heng for the favors Dong Hua owes her father in the past.

 

3 hours ago, Megan said:

these 2 villains are hateful but seriously, Jiheng is kind of disappointing on the villain scale. It sucks that she still manages to cause such devastation with this idiotic plan of hers

 

She did enough wreckage due to what has to be done to save her, then the Qiushui poisoning prevented DH to cultivate against Miao Luo. JH has endangered the realms, no thanks to her selfishness and ungrateful ways.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It was a wedding reception to appease the Qing Qiu elders, and other than that, it would be to save FJ's face as well being a Queen herself. DH will not care,  even FJ will not care, but he will care that if FJ didn't have a decent celebration of her marriage to him, it will seem as if his wife is not important to him.

still not good timing with Miao Luo still an imminent threat, and of course Meng Shao being dead...

hey....I know they wanted to keep things from her but um...isn’t hiding news of the death of her friend kind of wrong?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Megan said:

But it seems like Dong Hua is worried he would die when he makes his promise to Zhe Yan and when he worries that he won’t be by Feng Jiu’s side during her ascension.

meanwhile, currently watching Dong Hua hand Feng Jiu back to her brother. When Xuyang asks what Jiheng could have done, um, what is the emotion playing on his face? I don’t know what he’s thinking here.

kind of annoyed that even after this, Jiheng has to be the fainting damsel. Ugh. 

 

Feng Jiu wasn't practicing well her magic arts. Remember, she fell asleep by her own lethargy spell? Her cultivation is also very low, and her primordial spirit damaged by Miao Luo's extraction of the red Qi from her birthmark. Of course he will worry, as having been in countless battles, there just might be a battle that DH will not return from. 

 

Xu Yang at least has the grace to be aghast. Ji Heng was unapologetic. She looked somewhat still defiant to me, until Dong Hua told her that he will cure her for her farher, but that afterwards, there'll be nothing between them anymore. She never thought that it does not matter to him whether she lives or she dies.

 

22 minutes ago, Megan said:

still not good timing with Miao Luo still an imminent threat, and of course Meng Shao being dead...

hey....I know they wanted to keep things from her but um...isn’t hiding news of the death of her friend kind of wrong?

 

DH doesn't want her to know anything related about Miao Luo. She might blame herself, once she learns how Miao Luo managed it, why she had enough power to kill all the royals who stayed behind.

 

Presumably DH wanted her to concentrate on her Bincang ceremony and the sword case, and then she will be informed afterwards of what happened at Fanyin Valley.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Megan said:

still not good timing with Miao Luo still an imminent threat, and of course Meng Shao being dead...

hey....I know they wanted to keep things from her but um...isn’t hiding news of the death of her friend kind of wrong?

 

It isn't even just kind of wrong. It's straight up unacceptable. But I feel like that's kind of the point, it's just how DH is. It is a massive character flaw, but that's how he learned to deal with situations. It's a prime example of how he learned to handle a problem; he just takes care of it himself in whatever way he sees fit, even if it might seem ethically "wrong," because that's what he had to do when he was ruling, just to keep control over everything. But by the end, he does start changing, he realizes that he can't just do whatever and that people (FJ specifically, I feel like most other people would) won't just take it lying down. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@UnluckyWhiteCat IIRC in the drama POV, DH didn't want her to know yet that the bird and owl clans were evacuated to Jiuchongtian, as she readies for Bincang ceremony and then the wedding. 

 

Only after JH's shenanigans, catching Nie Chuyin trying to steal the last tear, and when DH and LS went to Fanyin Valley, that he was certain the royals including Meng Shao who stayed there were all dead. LS even prevented XY to go in because only DH can survive the toxins.

 

I'll confirm later coz can't watch now...And also last 4 episodes have parts that are still difficult to watch. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@UnluckyWhiteCat IIRC in the drama POV, DH didn't want her to know yet that the bird and owl clans were evacuated to Jiuchongtian, as she readies for Bincang ceremony and then the wedding. 

 

Only after JH's shenanigans, catching Nie Chuyin trying to steal the last tear, and when DH and LS went to Fanyin Valley, that he was certain the royals including Meng Shao who stayed there were all dead. LS even prevented XY to go in because only DH can survive the toxins.

 

I'll confirm later coz can't watch now...And also last 4 episodes have parts that are still difficult to watch. 

 

Ah was that what happened? It has been a few months since I've last watched, I guess I don't really remember exactly what happened in the drama anymore. :sweatingbullets: Although, I really do personally feel like its not actually in DH's personality to tell her what's really going on, like he'd rather she just never found out, and it was only after she left him for those 200 years that he realized where he went wrong. 

^Aaaaand I've only realized just now that most of my opinions are probably actually based on the bookverse, just because that's where I like to put most of my focus. 

 

Ugh, yeah, I also avoid watching the last few episodes cause they're always so sad. :(

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Ah was that what happened? It has been a few months since I've last watched, I guess I don't really remember exactly what happened in the drama anymore. :sweatingbullets: Although, I really do personally feel like its not actually in DH's personality to tell her what's really going on, like he'd rather she just never found out, and it was only after she left him for those 200 years that he realized where he went wrong. 

^Aaaaand I've only realized just now that most of my opinions are probably actually based on the bookverse, just because that's where I like to put most of my focus. 

 

Ugh, yeah, I also avoid watching the last few episodes cause they're always so sad. :(

 

DH's the quiet, he will do the behind the scene things to fix it sort. In a way it's very endearing how he doesn't want the person he loves not to worry about anything. But what he's doing can be so easily misinterpreted too, as evidenced of her going. 

 

Xu Yang not telling where DH went, only saying he was there was too calculating for me. They just missed each other for a few seconds! Fortunately FJ left in a huff immediately, because that was when Nie Chuyin with Miao Luo' power attacked Chong Lin and Xu Yang. 

 

As for Bai Yi, well, he disapproves in the first place, but the way he spoke to her and piled pressure on her was so simply not how to talk to your child whose groom didn't show up in the wedding reception. All because of losing face as main reason...when the rational thing to do is wait for the person to come and explain himself.

 

At least Cheng Yu, who might not have liked DH too before due to past hurts FJ experienced, didn't say anything against him. She got it that something is afoot. Unlike spiteful Bai Yi who should have known better, as he served under DH's army.

 

Even Zhe Yan is annoying when he too couldn't see past the outrage of why DH wasn't there. Like come on, he knows him from way way back, but would only give LS vague answers for FJ's whereabouts. Surely if he wasn't there, there is a reason why?

 

And it's heartbreaking when BGG was asking if he has a father, after being told by his playmates that children do have fathers. The face of FJ when he called her out because he has no means to confirm if what she says is true... :tears: 

 

The few rays of sunshine would be XY is in good terms now with DH. He cares for him and respects him, even if he still calls him ice face. And the friends of DH including Cheng Yu were doing their damnedest to find means to not lose him when he decided that he'll use the starlight ward for that last battle with Miao Luo.

  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though at first I felt a bit cheated because there were no Ye Hua/Mo Yuan cameos; I loved Team Awesome showing up to break the starlight ward! :wow1:

 

Still loving ELOD, but the happy ending was to rushed after the tear-jerking seperation and all that which followed the way it did. 

 

Thank heavens we got the boat scene after all that... :wub::D

 

Pin by Som Montree on Три мира.Три жизни. Записки у изголовья . in 2020 | Eternal  love drama, Eternal love, Chinese tv shows

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Thank heavens we got the boat scene after all that... 

 

The love rivalry commenced! :lol: 

 

At first glance this is DH vs BGG over FJ, but this can also be DH vs FJ over BGG's hugs and praises. :wub: Looking at the outstretched arms of FJ, before DH told BGG he can hug father instead with his arms opened wide for their son. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: so when the biyiniaos move to Qingqiu, are they living under the rule of the Bai clan? 

Poor Gun Gun. He can’t keep his mortal friends. No wonder he is so attached to his mother. She is the one constant in his ever changing life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...