[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

DH remembers her as that maid that cooked well, when he brought baby fox FJ with him. She would have been tasked to take care of the fox's needs, if she wasn't that fox herself.

Maybe in time if DH was able to get to know her as the pet sitter for his fox, there might have been some progress, but IMO it's doubtful that anything romantic would have blossomed. They could have become friends at most. DH is that sort that even if he started having feelings for her, most likely he will not act on it as FJ was not only very young, but also too juvenile for him to retain his attraction.

Though FJ was quite sensible, she was still really more like a giggly teenager when she was in Tai Chen palace - she would certainly not be in DH's radar as his empress to be. Add to that the complications of Zhi He who bullies whoever she thinks can turn DH's head, and Ji Heng the (fake) fiancée.

As Si Ming said, FJ has grown up from the hardships she experienced and death of a friend while in the mortal realm. After DH finally met her as Bai Feng Jiu, it's her selfless act to save Migu and the dancers, and her very matured outlook (on being there for her subjects during times they need her) that kept him thinking of her...

And seek her out. And made him do things, the audacity of the lot of it, dazing even the  Jiuchongtian playboy rascal Lian Song. :lol:

True. She behaved like a teenager while she was in Tai Chen Palace.

I suddenly remembered at Fan Lin Valley, FJ confronted DH for deceiving her with the fake handkerchief. DH smiled as FJ walked away. He seemed to fell more in love with FJ  after seeing her sassy side.

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

ELOD (56 episodes) will be aired in Japan from 01 Sep via WOWOW network for on-demand screening, and 06 Sep for the free broadcasting at 9:45am. 

Congratulations!:glee:

https://www.wowow.co.jp/detail/171284?utm_source=twitter_drama_kaigai&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=200731_twkd_rel_0212&utm_content=relsns

ELOD deserves more love!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

28 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I suddenly remembered at Fan Lin Valley, FJ confronted DH for deceiving her with the fake handkerchief. DH smiled as FJ walked away. He seemed to fell more in love with FJ  after seeing her sassy side.

Si Ming afterwards then informs dumbstruck Lian Song that Dong Hua likes mammals and Feng Jiu is irresistible in her nine-tailed fox form. (Ep29 ELOD / PB1, p199)

Bai Zhen easily forgives her naughtiness even after 3 day diarrhea upon seeing his niece in her fox form, ergo DH is charmed despite her sassiness as he sees FJ in her nine-tailed glory. :lol:

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Si Ming afterwards then informs dumbstruck Lian Song that Dong Hua likes mammals and Feng Jiu is irresistible in her nine-tailed fox form. (Ep29 ELOD / PB1, p199)

Bai Zhen easily forgives her naughtiness even after 3 day diarrhea upon seeing his niece in her fox form, ergo DH is charmed despite her sassiness as he sees FJ in her nine-tailed glory. :lol:

FJ's fox from plus her coquettish is a KO combo! 

Look at that cute fox! Who xan resist that face. Even XY, when he couldn't help and pat her fox form.

I wish the included that scene. That would have been funny to see. I also wanted to watch DH ditching his wedding, to find baby fox. Oh well, can't ask for everything!

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

49 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Look at that cute fox! Who xan resist that face. Even XY, when he couldn't help and pat her fox form.

I wish the included that scene. That would have been funny to see. I also wanted to watch DH ditching his wedding, to find baby fox. Oh well, can't ask for everything!

Oh yeah, that part XY tried to cuddle sleeping fox FJ and DH burns his hands then puts a forcefield over her to prevent XY getting near. :lol:

The wedding was a bit changed in the show. It would have been hilarious if it was like in the book.

One more I'd have liked to see was DH going to demon realm confronting XY of snatching his baby fox, to XY's outrage. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

14 hours ago, Khue N said:

I haven't tried it with icing sugar yet since I made this in quarantine and we didn't have icing sugar on hand. As for condense milk is the thing that held the yam and purple potato together. If you happen not to have sweeten condense milk on hand, you can replace it with coconut milk, cashew milk, or even almond milk. As for baking, always bake with icing sugar in my opinion. It adds a fluffier with a firm taste and doesn't make the pastries/cookies chunky. I'm no baker so I apologize if I can't really help you. But these are some things I learn when I bake with trial and errors. :(

Oh btw...how much sugar did you use? Can give me a measurement plz? Which step do we add it?

4 hours ago, Megan said:

I can imagine GG being as cute and irresistible as FJ but for some reason, his Fox cuteness still won’t let him sleep with mummy. 

DH may be the only immune to GG's cuteness. Especially when DH only have his eyes on his gorgeous 9 tailed red fox.

• LOL 2

Now that Dong Hua has to go into seclusion every few months for like 1000 years, who wants to bet he’s going to ignore and burn letters again so his time with Feng Jiu and GG doesn’t get interrupted?

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Now that Dong Hua has to go into seclusion every few months for like 1000 years, who wants to bet he’s going to ignore and burn letters again so his time with Feng Jiu and GG doesn’t get interrupted?

Probably depends on the sender and what's the contents.:lol: It seems letter burning is the norm to him, a carry over from his days leading the battlefront. He reads the letter first anyway before he decides whether to ignore or act upon what was written to him.

Also, I don't think he'll ignore letters from immediate family members, ZL, MY, Buddha, or SW.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, Megan said:

Oh btw...how much sugar did you use? Can give me a measurement plz? Which step do we add it?

Sorry for the late response. After I made the filling and the texture is smooth and sticky. I added about 70 grams of sugar into the filling. When adding the sugar slowly adding it to the filling and stir it. When stiring it, fold the filling over each other. If you feel like you need to add more (sugar), you can. I find it's best to make the filling under low heat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

In 2 weeks I will attempt to make sorrowless pastry. Then in another 2 weeks, by mid autumn festival, I will try to turn the purple potatoes pink using food colouring....in an effort to imitate the mortal sorrowless pastry. Wish me luck.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 minutes ago, Megan said:

In 2 weeks I will attempt to make sorrowless pastry. Then in another 2 weeks, by mid autumn festival, I will try to turn the purple potatoes pink using food colouring....in an effort to imitate the mortal sorrowless pastry. Wish me luck.

Best of luck Megan, pretty sure your sorrowless pastry will look and taste wonderful. 

:selfie2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daydreamer77 said:

I'm using a tablet, I'm not sure if the image will show. But i love Xiaoyan's expression when Meng Shao was describing Fengjiu as a pure and innocent fairy:joy:.

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/410672059776955757/

This is a queen who plotted to steal the Saha fruit, knows how to fight, and as far as Xiao Yan knows, spent the night with Dijun when he went to inform her about Meng Shao’s drunkenness.

• LOL 3

18 minutes ago, Megan said:

This is a queen who plotted to steal the Saha fruit, knows how to fight, and as far as Xiao Yan knows, spent the night with Dijun when he went to inform her about Meng Shao’s drunkenness.

Yup, not so innocent at all :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3