[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Oh true. I totally forgotten about that she is a water goddess!

She has the powers innate to her being a water goddess. But no other practical skills that she excels, likely due to throngs of servants doing the work for her, and depending on DH to always take care of her.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

She has the powers innate to her being a water goddess. But no other practical skills that she excels, likely due to throngs of servants doing the work for her, and depending on DH to always take care of her.

She lived a luxury life!

I was reading on Reddit, how some viewers didn’t like it when the ML tell the FL "Don't worry, I am here" and how it is such a common thing for ML in Chinese drama to say.

I realised DH said that to FJ a few times. After thinking it through, I think it is a loaded comment. Especially for DH, who do not like others to depend on him, he is basically declaring to FJ, he want to look after her and she can depend on him.

Haha, also DH is obviously confident enough to believe he can sort everything out for FJ.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

She lived a luxury life!

I was reading on Reddit, how some viewers didn’t like it when the ML tell the FL "Don't worry, I am here" and how it is such a common thing for ML in Chinese drama to say.

I realised DH said that to FJ a few times. After thinking it through, I think it is a loaded comment. Especially for DH, who do not like others to depend on him, he is basically declaring to FJ, he want to look after her and she can depend on him.

Haha, also DH is obviously confident enough to believe he can sort everything out for FJ.

Dong Hua is full of confidence. I don’t know whether he is shameless because of that confidence or confident because he is shameless...

Btw, in the book, when Feng Jiu tells SY she likes him and they realize Xize is present and currently walking away. Feng Jiu offers to call Xize over and he shudders.

what do you think was going through Dong Hua’s mind at that time of shuddering?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua is full of confidence. I don’t know whether he is shameless because of that confidence or confident because he is shameless...

Btw, in the book, when Feng Jiu tells SY she likes him and they realize Xize is present and currently walking away. Feng Jiu offers to call Xize over and he shudders.

what do you think was going through Dong Hua’s mind at that time of shuddering?

In all fairness, DH has the skills to back up his confidence! The fact that he didn’t care for what other thinks of him, also helps his shamelessness.

His self confidence took a knock though, when he thought FJ liked SY.

Hmm, I wonder if DH shuddered because he was losing control over his emotions? I am guessing at that moment, DH's mind went blank for a while. He never had problem solving any issues he encountered. But to see FJ and SY together, his heart must had broke and he wasn't able to solve the issue swiftly like he normal could.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

In all fairness, DH has the skills to back up his confidence! The fact that he didn’t care for what other thinks of him, also helps his shamelessness.

His self confidence took a knock though, when he thought FJ liked SY.

Hmm, I wonder if DH shuddered because he was losing control over his emotions? I am guessing at that moment, DH's mind went blank for a while. He never had problem solving any issues he encountered. But to see FJ and SY together, his heart must had broke and he wasn't able to solve the issue swiftly like he normal could.

I can’t imagine what he was feeling beyond the obvious jealousy.

when he shuddered, was it because he couldn’t bear the idea of being close to the couple nearby? Was it over losing control? Or was he suppressing rage at the idea of being called?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

She lived a luxury life!

Hmm, I do not know why others don't like it. I've often thought that when a person says "I'm here," it is a request for trusting them, and declaration of assurance that he'll be there every step of the way. 

For DH to tell that means he's so into her, he will be there whenever she needs support, and it's also another way of saying I love you to her because he's committed himself to be by her side.

He came to know that she's been hurt one too many times and it's often related to him. It might also be pride - it's unacceptable for him anymore that the only one who's sincerely and quietly loved him was getting hurt either for him or by his own doing.

As for confidence, ahahaha, he would have that in spades. He's DHDJ after all.

7 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

He was insanely jealous, and the rigid back and hurried steps would be to control himself. As Xi Ze, that's his wife in the arms of his former protégé Shen Ye (Ep46 ELOD / Holding hands in PB2, p257). He had all the rights to be angry, but chose to leave them be.

Fast forward to the tub scene, and he admits wanting to kill SY. He however stopped himself from doing so because as he told FJ, just because she had cause him pain, what kind of a man he is to want to hurt her back? ( Ep46 ELOD / PB2, 266)

All this from the deity who used to decide who gets to live and who would die while he was the ruler of all realms. 

DH's confidence got a beating, but the good thing afterwards, is FJ telling him how much she really feels for him. Without asking her. ^_^

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Oops! I made a mistake. It wasn’t a shudder! I found the quote.

“Chacha saw His Lordship's back slightly pause and felt in that moment he was going to erupt. But in just a flash, he had disappeared from their sight.“

still, shudder was close enough. You can sense Dong Hua’s rage but towards whom? His pause was after Feng Jiu’s comment.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, Megan said:

I can’t imagine what he was feeling beyond the obvious jealousy.

when he shuddered, was it because he couldn’t bear the idea of being close to the couple nearby? Was it over losing control? Or was he suppressing rage at the idea of being called?

He was also murderous, and he admitted that too. As Xi Ze, and husband to Aranya(FJ), seeing his wife and Shen Ye that way; then hearing from FJ  telling SY that he (Xi Ze) and her are only friends and nothing else , made it worse (PB2, p257). 

The only reason DH did not kill Shen Ye right there and then is because he thought that doing so would sadden and upset FJ. (PB2, 266)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

14 hours ago, Megan said:

Oops! I made a mistake. It wasn’t a shudder! I found the quote.

“Chacha saw His Lordship's back slightly pause and felt in that moment he was going to erupt. But in just a flash, he had disappeared from their sight.“

still, shudder was close enough. You can sense Dong Hua’s rage but towards whom? His pause was after Feng Jiu’s comment.

Prior to the SY incident, DH knew FJ loved him in the past and that she backed away because he had unwittingly hurt her deeply. So at that point DH was not 100% sure FJ is still in love with him.

When DH saw FJ and SY together. I think his insecurities surfaced, in that spilt second he was enraged, due to his fear of losing FJ and he was losing control. DH disappeared quickly or else he would hurt SY.

So DH's rage from surface, may seem to be directed at SY. But I think deep down it was triggered from his insecurity and thought of losing FJ. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

But I think deep down it was triggered from his insecurity and thought of losing FJ. 

Before SY, DH also had thoughts of offing another perceived rival - FJ's good buddy XY. It's fortunate that DH has fallen for someone only once, and that is with FJ, who's always loved only him as well.

Come to think of it, whenever DH lost FJ...he went to demon realm to search and ask XY of his baby fox, as SXR in the adaptation he died of depression after XJ left, as SY he took with him the seasons Aranya loved. As DH he planned an extravagant 200 days reception and 200 wedding fineries for FJ during their 200 years separation.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2020 at 8:44 PM, MayanEcho said:

@chsaf Sweetheart, you're the one who shared the recipe before :lol: @pawla This recipe has the ingredients. If you make it, please give the review if it's really that nice to make LS dreamy. :D

Copy pasted auto-translated text + a bit of editing/removal of emoticons:

It's really sweet to finally finish the book of the Three Life and Three Pillows!

In addition to the love of Feng Jiu and Emperor Gao Diguang of Dili Reba, the love is sweet! I was also greedy for #三生三世无忧糕# in the drama.

You only need 5 simple ingredients and you can get it in 5 simple steps!
And super healthy and low fat! Don’t worry about eating for a weight-loss party:

Ingredients needed: 400 grams of yam, 200 grams of purple sweet potato, 60 grams of glutinous rice flour, 2 tablespoons of condensed milk, appropriate amount of sugar

00761Kyyly1gdd7g1fbv2j31m112p4fn.jpg

Procedure:
1 .Yam and purple potato are steamed with the skin and then peeled. Add to each a spoonful of condensed milk and then mash. After mashing, make small balls with the purple potato mixture.

00761Kyyly1gdd7g30zs9j30ku15odt1.jpg

2. Put the glutinous rice flour into a water-free and oil-free pot. Stir-fry until slightly yellow.

00761Kyyly1gdd7g3k9q7j30ku15oqdn.jpg

3. Add and mix the glutinous rice flour to the yam mixture, then make small patties. Wrap the patties into the purple potato balls. [Remember not to seal it completely, some purple potato is exposed].

00761Kyyly1gdd7g4j2kvj30ku15oqea.jpg

4. Press the balls to the mold for the desired shape.

00761Kyyly1gdd7g536hkj30ku15oamc.jpg

5. Steam for 2 minutes with hot water for better taste.[It doesn’t matter if you don’t steam it, it depends on your preference ]

00761Kyyly1gdd7gci6gfj31900u04c2.jpg

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4488587057578161

I plan on making these for mid autumn festival. Tmr I make snowskin Oreo mooncakes as a prep.

to save money, can we use icing sugar for sorrowless cake?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

I plan on making these for mid autumn festival. Tmr I make snowskin Oreo mooncakes as a prep.

Oooh I tried making this recipe from the show when I was extremely addicted to it. Still am. The recipe is actually pretty good. No wonder DH loves Feng Jiu's pastries so much 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

32 minutes ago, Khue N said:

Oooh I tried making this recipe from the show when I was extremely addicted to it. Still am. The recipe is actually pretty good. No wonder DH loves Feng Jiu's pastries so much 

But can I use icing sugar for it?

1 minute ago, Megan said:

But can I use icing sugar for it?

I haven't tried it with icing sugar yet since I made this in quarantine and we didn't have icing sugar on hand. As for condense milk is the thing that held the yam and purple potato together. If you happen not to have sweeten condense milk on hand, you can replace it with coconut milk, cashew milk, or even almond milk. As for baking, always bake with icing sugar in my opinion. It adds a fluffier with a firm taste and doesn't make the pastries/cookies chunky. I'm no baker so I apologize if I can't really help you. But these are some things I learn when I bake with trial and errors. :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Khue N said:

As for baking, always bake with icing sugar in my opinion. It adds a fluffier with a firm taste and doesn't make the pastries/cookies chunky

Thanks for the tip! :) But do you think the cakes should be fluffy or chunky?

to be honest I’m skeptical about the taste of the cakes despite the rave reviews. It sounds like the recipe is making potato cakes. Can you tell me what the cakes taste like plz?

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

Thanks for the tip! :) But do you think the cakes should be fluffy or chunky?

to be honest I’m skeptical about the taste of the cakes despite the rave reviews. It sounds like the recipe is making potato cakes. Can you tell me what the cakes taste like plz?

Have you ever have the sweet beans mooncake? Or the sweet potato moon cake before? It should taste very familiar to it. But if it doesn't work out, you can also make mochi using the filling such as (Taro, sweet purple potato, beans or even yams) and a mold. Put it in the fridge once you're done making it and the color should look like the one from ELOD. Side effect of making mochi is that when making white mochi sometimes, the filling color would show sometimes on the outside.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Before SY, DH also had thoughts of offing another perceived rival - FJ's good buddy XY. It's fortunate that DH has fallen for someone only once, and that is with FJ, who's always loved only him as well.

Come to think of it, whenever DH lost FJ...he went to demon realm to search and ask XY of his baby fox, as SXR in the adaptation he died of depression after XJ left, as SY he took with him the seasons Aranya loved. As DH he planned an extravagant 200 days reception and 200 wedding fineries for FJ during their 200 years separation.

DongFeng have the sweetest love story. No actual emotional triangle. If fate was not against them, I wonder if DH would have married FJ during the time she was a maid, or waited until she was older?

8 hours ago, Megan said:

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

If fate was not against them, I wonder if DH would have married FJ during the time she was a maid, or waited until she was older?

DH remembers her as that maid that cooked well, when he brought baby fox FJ with him. She would have been tasked to take care of the fox's needs, if she wasn't that fox herself.

Maybe in time if DH was able to get to know her as the pet sitter for his fox, there might have been some progress, but IMO it's doubtful that anything romantic would have blossomed. They could have become friends at most. DH is that sort that even if he started having feelings for her, most likely he will not act on it as FJ was not only very young, but also too juvenile for him to retain his attraction.

Though FJ was quite sensible, she was still really more like a giggly teenager when she was in Tai Chen palace - she would certainly not be in DH's radar as his empress to be. Add to that the complications of Zhi He who bullies whoever she thinks can turn DH's head, and Ji Heng the (fake) fiancée.

As Si Ming said, FJ has grown up from the hardships she experienced and death of a friend while in the mortal realm. After DH finally met her as Bai Feng Jiu, it's her selfless act to save Migu and the dancers, and her very matured outlook (on being there for her subjects during times they need her) that kept him thinking of her...

And seek her out. And made him do things, the audacity of the lot of it, dazing even the  Jiuchongtian playboy rascal Lian Song. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1