[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Thank you for the info! How do we keep updated on this? If an uncut version does see the light of day I expect it may still take a while.

Is the petition up anywhere else beside this forum? Last time I checked is was still about 550 signatures off from 5000.

The petition is still circulating around streaming sites, social media,  and fanclubs. Feel free to post anywhere else you see fit. 

http://chng.it/dqg9DkPm46

There is another petition separate from ours that I saw circulating also. I believe from an instagramer.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

20 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

The inquiries to the WeTV channels have come back with an "uncut in the works". But it's too soon to tell if they will follow through as they are just satellites of Tencent. Hopefully the Chinese audience (their target demographic) puts more pressure on Tencent like they did The Untamed.

I am quite perplexed why the promo for ELoD have completely stopped. The official ELoD Weibo page have already stopped updating since the end of March. They could have at least posted about Wayne's and Vengo's appearance in Happy Camp. They did appeared for ELoD. Something is just not sitting right somewhere but we can't pinpoint exactly what.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I am quite perplexed why the promo for ELoD have completely stopped. The official ELoD Weibo page have already stopped updating since the end of March. They could have at least posted about Wayne's and Vengo's appearance in Happy Camp. They did appeared for ELoD. Something is just not sitting right somewhere but we can't pinpoint exactly what.

JX and Tencent  production companies are not pushing for anymore promos. I think they have moved on, and honestly, I think it might be because of the rabid you know whos. I think the Thai fandom is the only fandom large enough to pressure the production company for an uncut release right now. They are massive.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Another fine discussion I am currently following and would like to get your input here as well.

Differences in PB and ELoD re DH identity in Aranya's dream. In PB, FJ lost her memory and see DH as XZ. She then fell in love with XZ and consummated her marriage to XZ, with DH still assuming the identity of XZ. 

In ELoD, FJ remembers DH and know that XZ is actually DH. The person she consummated with was DH.

So, which version do you girls like better? And why? 

To be honest, I like the drama version better. I was so glad she knew it was Dijun with her.  It was a major change in the drama and a great one.

To me, Fengjiu consummating the marriage with someone other Dijun is so out of character for her.  When she was in the mortal world, she knew the king was Dijun and they had many chances but she was in control of her emotion and urges :lol:. She loves him there too but didn't do it.

Also, why would she fall in love with another man when Dijun is in her heart and forever will be in her heart.  

The drama also made me realize that, yeah, that particular situation in the book is not so romantic now :D. We all know it was Dijun, but Fengjiu didn't. So...

Another thing, why didn't she fall in love Chen Ye if she looks like Dijun? Or does he look like him in the book? I'll have to re read the dream again. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, vivi0303 said:

JX and Tencent  production companies are not pushing for anymore promos. I think they have moved on, and honestly, I think it might be because of the rabid you know whos. I think the Thai fandom is the only fandom large enough to pressure the production company for an uncut release right now. They are massive.

Hope they listen to the Thai fans. At the same time, I'm flummoxed why would they let the rabid, noisy few dictate them on this, if that's the reason why they stopped the promos. They should consult accountants instead to analyse if they did well with the 56eps, and how much would it cost to market the uncut version, and what would be the projected income if they would. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

32 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

To be honest, I like the drama version better. I was so glad she knew it was Dijun with her.  It was a major change in the drama and a great one.

To me, Fengjiu consummating the marriage with someone other Dijun is so out of character for her.  When she was in the mortal world, she knew the king was Dijun and they had many chances but she was in control of her emotion and urges :lol:. She loves him there too but didn't do it.

Also, why would she fall in love with another man when Dijun is in her heart and forever will be in her heart.  

The drama also made me realize that, yeah, that particular situation in the book is not so romantic now :D. We all know it was Dijun, but Fengjiu didn't. So...

Another thing, why didn't she fall in love Chen Ye if she looks like Dijun? Or does he look like him in the book? I'll have to re read the dream again. 

Nope..in the book both Aranya and Chen Ye doesn't had any similarities with DH and FJ in term of look or face.

That why I was so happy when I know that Vengo/Reba portrayed all three characters otherwise It would be uncomfortable have to watch DH taking a good care of Aranya if she's portrayed by other actress.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SC2019 said:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - UNVEILING OF BLOGSITE for ELOD

Hello everyone! On behalf of the Translation team @Yori Ten @Ninky @nitepolaris @SGahjumma @bertrande and myself @SC2019, we are pleased to unveil our blogsite: https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home

We hope that you will derive as much pleasure from it as we have in putting this together. A shout out especially to @Ninky who put together the montage. Do note that this montage will look the best on a desktop computer, preferably with a screen resolution of 1920 width (16:9 ratio); this means that the montage is wide and you won't be able to see as much on a phone, tablet or a laptop. Fret not for those who don't have access to such a big monitor as Ninky will put up a blog showcasing the entire artwork and explaning the concept behind it.

We will release more posts gradually and for tomorrow, look out for the 5,000 word Bodhi Fate (prologue and Episode 1). We understand that some of you are interested in the family tree and perhaps some illustrations from Tang Qi's picture book which will also make their apperance in due time. 

Also do note that the first time this site loads will take slightly longer. But subsequent loads will be faster as cache memory stores the site.

@angelangie please pin this post to the top!

OMG you guys

the site looks beautiful and amazing

thank you for everything you have done

• Like 4

2 hours ago, daydreamer77 said:

I think the book version justifies her leaving him better. Changing someone’s memory is as Tang Qi puts it a violent way to solve the problem. And two it is a very serious form of deception. 

Altering someone’s memory is very wrong so it makes her leaving him very justifiable as he needs to learn some very important lessons there. Dong Hua is somebody who will not hesitate to use any means to an end. He showed this trait when dealing with Aranya’s sisters in the dream. 

So yes, he did learn his lesson and will definitely change his way for her, even though he will probably never admit it, or appear to show it.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, daydreamer77 said:

Going by the book, they do have different appearances. However, even if Shen Ye looks like DH in ELoD, his personality is just too different from DH. He is a part of DH still as his shadows but he doesn't have the quality which could make FJ fall in love with him. Shen Ye is just too dark a persona and most of the time he is very repressed. He is the DH in dark mode.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Another fine discussion I am currently following and would like to get your input here as well.

Differences in PB and ELoD re DH identity in Aranya's dream. In PB, FJ lost her memory and see DH as XZ. She then fell in love with XZ and consummated her marriage to XZ, with DH still assuming the identity of XZ. 

In ELoD, FJ remembers DH and know that XZ is actually DH. The person she consummated with was DH.

So, which version do you girls like better? And why? 

i like the drama version because is more "healthy" , I know in the book she fell in love with donghua again even when she tought she was over him so in Aryana dream we get to see that wasnt true at all  as donghua say to liansong : "Didn't she fall in love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else? "  

But on Fengjiu`s behalf  what Donghua did even with the best intention was wrong , it wasnt that easy for Fengjiu to open his heart again to "Xize" after all the she went trough with Donghua and Donghua knew this at that point , i know he was a virgin rock that didnt have any relationship before but no matter that i still think what he did was selfish  (Im sorry Donghua i love you but its true)  , Fengiu deserved the true, she deserved to know of whom was she falling in love with and with whom was she becaming intimate and getting married basically . I like the drama more in this because the two of them have the chance to talk and make things more clear, and with this fengjiu got the oportunity to decide to open his heart to Donghua again 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Going by the book, they do have different appearances. However, even if Shen Ye looks like DH in ELoD, his personality is just too different from DH. He is a part of DH still as his shadows but he doesn't have the quality which could make FJ fall in love with him. Shen Ye is just too dark a persona and most of the time he is very repressed. He is the DH in dark mode.

Cheng Ye is so snooty! :tounge_xd: That's the CY that FJ met. No fun at all. Whereas DH pranks others and can join in the riot. Hello Changdi and Prince Qing! :joy: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

12 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Hello everyone! On behalf of the Translation team @Yori Ten @Ninky @nitepolaris @SGahjumma @bertrande and myself @SC2019, we are pleased to unveil our blogsite: https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home

Donghua Dijun bows to the wonderful  Translation team!! 

hfAF602.jpg

THANKYOU SO MUCH GIRLS!! WE REALLY APRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK , THE PAGE IS BEATIFULL! 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, SC2019 said:

The blogsite waxes poetry. Well done, ladies, it is a work of love! Already bookmarked, and looking forward to seeing more contents getting added.  :heart:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Cheng Ye is so snooty! :tounge_xd: That's the CY that FJ met. No fun at all. Whereas DH pranks others and can join in the riot. Hello Changdi and Prince Qing! :joy: 

Fengjiu doesn't like the broody personality.  It is very unattractive :lol:.  She likes the innocent, playful and teasing Xuanren and Diiun :D.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, daydreamer77 said:

Fengjiu doesn't like the broody personality.  It is very unattractive :lol:.  She likes the innocent, playful and teasing Xuanren and Diiun :D.

CY is the embodiment of the legendary strict spinster aunt you whisper about! :lol: In all of Aranya Arc, CY only smiled once to FJ. Only once!

FJ is playful. She even got Su Moye on board. And ice face DH also joined the fray, proof that he is as much or even more mischievous than FJ is. :phew:

• LOL 7

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

FJ is playful. She even got Su Moye on board. And ice face DH also joined the fray, proof that he is as much or even more mischievous than FJ is. :phew:

She's really good at convincing people to join her cause :D.  I don't think there's anyone who can resist her charms, man or woman. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

8 hours ago, pawla said:

Who did he scare this time? He did it to his male co-star in the lost caverns too. Vengo really scared the $### out of him :joy:

Haha, I've seen the clip :joy:.  I would be taken aback to but I'll snap out of it pretty quick and take the chance :lol:

Vengo likes kissing people doesn't he? :joy:

• LOL 7

32 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

Haha, I've seen the clip :joy:.  I would be taken aback to but I'll snap out of it pretty quick and take the chance :lol:

Vengo likes kissing people doesn't he? :joy:

That lad he had thrown out had foresight then :joy:

• LOL 6