[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

28 minutes ago, Megan said:

Do you think they will do a movie of the pillow book? It can be a 2 parter.

it would also give the Jiheng actress a chance to be Feng Jiu. Though who would be her Dong Hua?

Might not be a good idea to make a movie over three lives squeezed in what, 3hrs? It happened with TMOPB, and the consensus was that the series was better than the movie.

Actress of JH may play the role of FJ if she can bankroll the production or get investors for the project in order to start the cameras rolling. Remember, filmmaking is a business. The movie should project that the line up of actors/actresses and the story is profitable. Targeted viewers should be willing to watch it. 

Then, and only then, that JH actress may finally realize her dream of being FJ.

As for DH, auditions and look tests can help them find the actor who'll play the deity. Or give the actor the production team prefers to play the role an offer he can not refuse. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Megan said:

it would also give the Jiheng actress a chance to be Feng Jiu. Though who would be her Dong Hua?

I don't think it's a good idea to make a movie not long after the series ended. Look at what happened to TMOPB movie. Even though it had Liu Yifei and Yang Yang as the leads the movie flopped. I haven't watched it so I don't know if it's good or not. But people still might have some attachments to the series especially the leads. Maybe after a few years they can accept new actors playing the leads. For example is The Journey of Flower movie. It's been 5 years since the series ended so I think it's a good time to make a movie now. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, pawla said:

I don't think it's a good idea to make a movie not long after the series ended. Look at what happened to TMOPB movie. Even though it had Liu Yifei and Yang Yang as the leads the movie flopped. I haven't watched it so I don't know if it's good or not. But people still might have some attachments to the series especially the leads. Maybe after a few years they can accept new actors playing the leads. For example is The Journey of Flower movie. It's been 5 years since the series ended so I think it's a good time to make a movie now. 

I have watched it when I was in the plane but couldn't understand a single thing about it. But glad it led me to TMOPB drama. That's how my journey began as DH-FJ shipper :wub: 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, pawla said:

I have watched that movie, IMHO it's not as good as the TMOPB. And since we are comparing the lead actors of the movie does not hold any candle to the acting skill of MC & YM... I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's shoes here

There is also that additional cgi character that did not help the movie in any way

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Might not be a good idea to make a movie over three lives squeezed in what, 3hrs? It happened with TMOPB, and the consensus was that the series was better than the movie.

Actress of JH may play the role of FJ if she can bankroll the production or get investors for the project in order to start the cameras rolling. Remember, filmmaking is a business. The movie should project that the line up of actors/actresses and the story is profitable. Targeted viewers should be willing to watch it. 

Then, and only then, that JH actress may finally realize her dream of being FJ.

As for DH, auditions and look tests can help them find the actor who'll play the deity. Or give the actor the production team prefers to play the role an offer he can not refuse. 

True...

2books in less than 3 hrs... That would be a disaster in the making

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Did anyone realise the difference in attitude towards our dear lil XY? He must have understood he needs to accept wifey's besties without the vinegar eruptions :lol:

In all the hullabaloo that was happening YC forgot to do what DHDJ was asking of him... I wanted to tear his hair out on that scene...

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

It's been a while since I tried moving on from ELOD but I still can't. 

I have been trying to find another drama and finally found one called Girlfriend. I thought that may be the cure but it wasn't successful. 

I realised most of the modern dramas ML will secretly try to protect the FL or worse, annoy her just to get attention. They try so hard to save face while trying to 'tell' the FL that they care. 

Why can't the MLs just be as shameless as DHDJ? Once DH knew he wanted FJ, he spared no expense to tell and show her exactly how he felt even though she doubted it. 

Sigh, this only means one thing. I have to re-watch ELOD again! :wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Did anyone realise the difference in attitude towards our dear lil XY? He must have understood he needs to accept wifey's besties without the vinegar eruptions :lol:

Yup, he has to :D. He really doesn't have a choice. Besides Fengjiu, Xiaoyan is the other person who can reproach him, if my memory serves me right.  Xiaoyan doesn't really care what Dijun thinks :D and would probably hang out with Fengjiu when they want to hang out. :D 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, Megan said:

A movie about their family maybe? Like an extended epilogue, since the ending was not satisfactory,  for me at least.  

And no, please not her as Fengjiu. :joy:. I don't anything anyone can play the character like Reba. 

• Like 7
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Barbedflower said:

It's been a while since I tried moving on from ELOD but I still can't. 

I have been trying to find another drama and finally found one called Girlfriend. I thought that may be the cure but it wasn't successful. 

I realised most of the modern dramas ML will secretly try to protect the FL or worse, annoy her just to get attention. They try so hard to save face while trying to 'tell' the FL that they care. 

Why can't the MLs just be as shameless as DHDJ? Once DH knew he wanted FJ, he spared no expense to tell and show her exactly how he felt even though she doubted it. 

Sigh, this only means one thing. I have to re-watch ELOD again! :wub:

Same here, i tried to watch another drama so i watched TMOPB. Worst decision ever. Now I got withdrawal from two drama. But the good thing is, there's more Dongfeng. Both storyline are interesting. I would pay to watch continuity of Dongfeng arc from TMOPB.

In TMOPB, they gave sad ending and heartbreak to all other couple except for the main couple. Though its a good business tactic, people will invest on their story to be continued. Smart. And the result, tada the Pillow Book.  

20 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

A movie about their family maybe? Like an extended epilogue, since the ending was not satisfactory,  for me at least.  

And no, please not her as Fengjiu. :joy:. I don't anything anyone can play the character like Reba. 

Movie about Bai family perhaps. They are interesting bunch. Loyal, fierce, stubborn seem to be common traits of them. 

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Hmmm, DJ actually fits right in, doesnt he? ^_^

The bloodline of DH and FJ's children will be very unique. They'll have the evil cleansing and body preserving blood from the heart as nine-tailed fox descendants, and the powerful golden blood of DH, heaven's true child.

These kids will be the apples of the eyes far and wide. :)

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 2