[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Thing is you will see his backstory in Bodhi fate. Shaowan was involved in that war. Books are interconnected. So standalone is pointless to write from a fiction writer standpoint. 

I couldn't agree more, plus TQ is a romance novelist, and we definitely can't see DH with anyone but FJ, and she won't be born yet in his prequel. Having young DH cameo in his bestie's story works for me:heart:

• Like 3

I want to say THANK YOU  to this forum for existing. I thank our moderator and all of you guys :heart:

I practically crashed here. I didn't even said 'Hi' :joy: because my mind was in overdrive due to PB being a drama, ELOD. I thank this forum helping me unload the craziness in my head and shared it to you guys.

Now that ELOD is over.... I'm still not getting out of this forum :joy:. 3L3W is still in the works and Im eager to follow the remaining story to be told (and share with you guys):heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 5

7 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

I want to say THANK YOU  to this forum for existing. I thank our moderator and all of you guys :heart:

I practically crashed here. I didn't even said 'Hi' :joy: because my mind was in overdrive due to PB being a drama, ELOD. I thank this forum helping me unload the craziness in my head and shared it to you guys.

Now that ELOD is over.... I'm still not getting out of this forum :joy:. 3L3W is still in the works and Im eager to follow the remaining story to be told (and share with you guys):heart:

Safe to say, most of us are here to stay.... or at least keep revisiting like this is our parents' home and we come home to be fed often:joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Safe to say, most of us are here to stay.... or at least keep revisiting like this is our parents' home and we come home to be fed often:joy:

Yes, we still have unfinished business here!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

30 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Yes, we still have unfinished business here!

Hopefully that business comes to fruition and will not involve us DongFeng Avengers to assemble with pitchforks in tow:joy:

Edited by vivi0303
P.S. I am quite useless at stabby stabby fighting, or any fighting at all. I'll take up the rear
  • Like 1
  • LOL 12

2 hours ago, ces8 said:

They said in IG the reason why Donghua doesn't want Gungun near FengJiu its because she's pregnant so I deduce they already have gone to Taichen Palace...just my analysis but maybe there's much better explanation than mine...:D as for Yingti he didn't dare to be the successor of Taichen Palace as per Tangqi the author...(someone said...when they translated the outakes and bonus Dongfeng treat)

Nah won't be that quick. Tang Qi''s Q & A did address where they actually lived after she woke up. Basically, Tai chen Palace, on the occasion at Holy Blue Sea and some of the time in Qing Qiu. Feng Jiu returns to her school back in Qing Qiu for classes as well (College level) while her son starts school as well. She even mentioned while DH helps FJ with homework (I personally think that's in Buddhist studies which she really hates), BGG does his own homework without any help. (seriously his IQ is his Dad's).

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

17 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Nah won't be that quick. Tang Qi''s Q & A did address where they actually lived after she woke up. Basically, Tai chen Palace, on the occasion at Holy Blue Sea and some of the time in Qing Qiu. Feng Jiu returns to her school back in Qing Qiu for classes as well (College level) while her son starts school as well. She even mentioned while DH helps FJ with homework (I personally think that's in Buddhist studies which she really hates), BGG does his own homework without any help. (seriously his IQ is his Dad's).

While GG inherits his dad's super duper IQ hopefully he will build EQ as well. So this little offspring would be perfect balance of both IQ and EQ. When he has higher EQ, would he still troll his mum together with dad? :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

16 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

While GG inherits his dad's super duper IQ hopefully he will build EQ as well. So this little offspring would be perfect balance of both IQ and EQ. When he has higher EQ, would he still troll his mum together with dad? :D

For a little boy he is quite sarcastic (definitely Father's genes). He told his mum off for using "Eat North West Wind as a threat whenever she loses an argument". ROFL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

After watching the last episodes, I can understand a bit  the disappointment felt by some. I'm not that disappointed. Personally, I was displeased by some scenes

-The pregnancy announcement was bland.

- When Zhonglin tells her everything. Some lines had no sense with the situation , they didn't belong together. As if there were two versions (with and without the altered memory plot) cut and paste together. The fact that there were several speakers also bothered me. It wasn't as heart wrenching and painful as in the book.

- Liansong convo with Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen had a different impact but didn't bother me because in the book, I was wondering how Zhe Yan as a god and a doctor couldn't feel that there was something wrong with Donghua.

-The creepy moment with Ji Heng. Xiao Yan deserves better. Ji Heng deserved to end up alone with no one by her side, for all the harm she did.

Otherwise, their reunion after 200 years apart was as touching as it was heartbreaking. Their moment after the battle with Miaoluo too. Then Gun Gun, we've already talked a lot about him. In the end, they well deserved this happy ending. Fengjiu belongs to Donghua and Donghua belongs to Fengjiu. In all eternities, they belong together. She's (they're) his home. They have eternity to enjoy this happiness with their fox cubs.

Thank you ELoD for the laughter and the tears. I enjoyed the ride :smiley:

• Like 10
  • Love 6

10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

For a little boy he is quite sarcastic (definitely Father's genes). He told his mum off for using "Eat North West Wind as a threat whenever she loses an argument". ROFL.

Ah I have yet to reach that part of the story. Really he did say that? If I said that when I was younger only will court spanking left right centre!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

7 hours ago, whome said:

Ironic wouldn't it be...YQT couldn't be with the mom, so he ends up with the daughter. :joy:

Twilight version. Edward, Bella, Jacob. Jacob end up with Renesmée, their daughter.

No, thank you. One of them is gonna end up with Mo yuan's kid. Fate told me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

16 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

Twilight version. Edward, Bella, Jacob. Jacob end up with Renesmée, their daughter.

No, thank you. One of them is gonna end up with Mo yuan's kid. Fate told me.

Makes sense. That makes SW and DH happy.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, ipohtown said:

For the latest clip boat scene, I feel there is a bit of disconnection. BGG mentioned that TaiChen palace is not as beautiful as BiHai Cang Ling. Based on the ending ep56, I assume BGG was all the time in BiHai Cang Ling, isn’t it? How would he knows about TaiChen palace? Also, isn’t the current resident of TaiChen palace is QingTi? 

Perhaps my brain is not functioning properly due to the withdrawal syndrome! :joy:

@Ninkysaid based on Tang Qi's answers, their primary residence is Taichen palace and they visit and stay at Bihai Cangling occasionally. I think in the epilogue in ep.56, several months passed after she wake up. So it's not inconsistent. Since Donghua is alive, Ye Qinti didn't inherit his title. He worked there like Zhongling.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

I keep on watching the boat scene:wub: I like that DJ can't stop from touching FJ:wub:

What a life for their eternity...

It feels so weird with nothing to look forward to every Thursday and clips from tencent.  :tears:.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, LovelyLady said:

I didn't watch the last episodes yet. But here I am, crying while reading the leads goodbye interviews, thanks for all the translation. I fell in love with Donghua and Fengjiu while watching TMOPB a few months ago. I was more interested by them than the main leads. Then , I heard that this storyline wasn't true to their real love story. I found the novel and read it. It was bittersweet, beautiful and heartbreaking. I wanted it more, more of them and their story. The drama finally came out. I didn't expect too much because novel adaptation can be disappointing. While I didn't like everything (mortal arc, it's always you), I was satisfied so far. Fengjiu and Donghua's journey gave me all the feels like their book counterpart. I got to see the heartbroken, chastened, badass, dumb, filial, lover Fengjiu and the arrogant, shameless, jealous, sulking, man of honour, lover Donghua. Their love and their hardships.The actors were amazing in giving life to these characters. I don't want it to end. Now, I'm gonna grab my tissues and watch the last episodes. I'll be back.

Where can I  get the English novel of pillow book?

• Like 3

I cried buckets while watching Ep 55 and 56 yesterday. I watched the raw but I couldn't help bawling when I watched with the subs.

Now that its over, I don't feel like I can move on just yet. Its such a wonderful story and the cast brought it to life. There may be disappointments (eg. Jiheng which I really cannot stand watching, the lack of critical scenes such as the Destiny stone and such a short finale for DH, FJ and BGG (we need more sweet lovey family scenes after all that heartbreak!) but overall, it has been a fantastic ride. I foresee myself re-watching this for some time to come. Its just so hard to move on from this wonderful story.

I find myself taking DH's words of him not fearing fate and not needing its charity to heart. If anything, I learnt that life is what we make it and to never succumb to fate. Maybe that is why Vengo's interview hit me right in the heart when he said that we should not give up and if DH can find love, we all can too.

I am glad that the boat scene was released. It was really sweet! I am totally looking forward to the uncut version. Tencent needs to release it! I really really hope they do! 

I was also watching ELOD BTS clips (i can't seem to help myself hahah!) and can't help but marvel at V & R's chemistry. There is something magnetic when they are together. Even in the boat scene, that split sec when FJ and DH smiled at each other before DH carried BGG was really sweet. I wish both of them happiness and I look forward to their future works especially Vengo. He is such an excellent actor!

A random thought came to me though. V & R actually compliment each other quite well haha except that the normal roles are reversed. Usually its the men who are strong (in this case, its R) and women who are the romantic ones (which Vengo actually is, in spades). If they ever decide to be together in real life, I think I would be one happy person!

• Like 10
  • Love 4