[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

He is still shameless towards the end. Haha..he said that even if he doesn't meet the requirements set by the QingQiu clan for a son in law, they just have to *make do* since everyone already knows about him and FJ being married. This is what we call *Act first, explain later!* as mentioned by ZY to BZ. FJ did the same as well.

LS was very impressed with FJ for being brave enough to *pick* DH. LS said that from a status standpoint, even FJ gramps has to lower himself to DH. :lol:

The old man said you know what, even if you don't like me, I'm here to stay. So deal with it.

Fengjiu was brave to bring him but Dijun too. The man is high rank. Now, everyone in the Bai family except A Li is his senior. They all can scold him :D The only way to be higher than Dijun is for him to marry your grand daughter/ daughter / niece lol

This is love.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

4 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

LS was very impressed with FJ for being brave enough to *pick* DH. LS said that from a status standpoint, even FJ gramps has to lower himself to DH. :lol:

This reminds of the scene where DH asked Zheyan whether he was here to lecture him too. Zheyan said nobody in the world would dare to lecture him and DH grudgingly said that since his partnership with FJ has become official, in terms of generational seniority they have all stepped over him. That look in Baron Chen’s face, the glint in the eye that all but said “lightbulb ah-hah moment” was too precious! I didn’t like Zheyan’s hairstyle in this show but Baron Chen did a really good job with the character. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

4 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

The old man said you know what, even if you don't like me, I'm here to stay. So deal with it.

Fengjiu was brave to bring him but Dijun too. The man is high rank. Now, everyone in the Bai family except A Li is his senior. They all can scold him :D The only way to be higher than Dijun is for him to marry your grand daughter/ daughter / niece lol

This is love.

2 minutes ago, bertrande said:

This reminds of the scene where DH asked Zheyan whether he was here to lecture him too. Zheyan said nobody in the world would dare to lecture him and DH grudgingly said that since his partnership with FJ has become official, in terms of generational seniority they have all stepped over him. That look in Baron Chen’s face, the glint in the eye that all but said “lightbulb ah-hah moment” was too precious! I didn’t like Zheyan’s hairstyle in this show but Baron Chen did a really good job with the character. 

Serves him right!! Family dinner time would be a delight to watch! I still feel that FJ's dad have not quite warmed up to him yet.

Spoiler

When he came to talk to FJ after DH didn't show up at his wedding reception, you can tell that he was very hurt. I can feel it because as a father, he simply cannot accept that a man has hurt his precious daughter and he wanted to bring her back to QQ and just break off whatever connection she has with DH. That's why I was interested to see the backstory when DH was commanding the 72 generals, BY included and the dynamics of that battle. Ugh!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Serves him right!! Family dinner time would be a delight to watch! I still feel that FJ's dad have not quite warmed up to him yet.

Reveal hidden contents

When he came to talk to FJ after DH didn't show up at his wedding reception, you can tell that he was very hurt. I can feel it because as a father, he simply cannot accept that a man has hurt his precious daughter and he wanted to bring her back to QQ and just break off whatever connection she has with DH. That's why I was interested to see the backstory when DH was commanding the 72 generals, BY included and the dynamics of that battle. Ugh!

I didn't read the spoiler but when they were discussing the wedding arrangement in ep.52, he wasn't happy at all. I get it, your daughter suffered a lot because of him and you wanna protect her. But he acknowledges his wrong doings and she forgave him. They move on and he's trying to make it right for her. Give him a chance. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

I didn't read the spoiler but when they were discussing the wedding arrangement in ep.52, he wasn't happy at all. I get it, your daughter suffer a lot and you wanna protect her. But he acknowledges his wrong doings and she forgave him. They move on and he's trying to do right for her.

Well, to backtrack a bit. It's a conversation between LS and SM. LS asked SM why is DH paying special attention to FJ? What is so special about her? SM the walking gossip encyclopedia then said that for so long, there have been countless beauties and fairy maidens who has taken a liking to DH. Those girls either throw themselves at him or came up with tricks to catch his attention. I am sure FJ's father or even grandfather is aware of this. So, to have FJ fallen for this irresistible chick magnet is quite a cause for concern no?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Well, to backtrack a bit. It's a conversation between LS and SM. LS asked SM why is DH paying special attention to FJ? What is so special about her? SM the walking gossip encyclopedia then said that for so long, there have been countless beauties and fairy maidens who has taken a liking to DH. Those girls either throw themselves at him or came up with tricks to catch his attention. I am sure FJ's father or even grandfather is aware of this. So, to have FJ fallen for this irresistible chick magnet is quite a cause for concern no?

He never had a relationship with any if them. He doesn't have a playboy reputation. They have nothing to worry about that. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

He never had a relationship with any if them. He doesn't have a playboy reputation. They have nothing to worry about that. 

I would be more worried about the women coveting him. I mean pretty much all the suffering FJ endured was brought on by ZH and JH. One kept her away from DH and the other was definitely their calamity.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Bai family doesn't approve of DH as FJ husband.

In the book the explanation was DH is too high rank for them, if ever FJ and DJ has a fall out they won't be able to back up FJ. They wanted 'a so so noble family' so whatever happens FJ will have the upper hand, backed by her family.

Of course in the drama FJ (according to ZY) father heard her hardships just to get his attention... So he is not a fan.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, LovelyLady said:

He wanted to be considerate and show to his in-laws that he likes the food. Forgive the man, he didn't know how to act. He lived in seclusion all those years.

Love at First sight ? Nah. Interesting at first sight. She was intriguing enough for him to wanna more. More he was around her and learning about her, the more he cares for her. Until he realized that it's love. He wants her to be happy and he needs her to be happy. She brightens his days and that having her by his side was as essential as breathing. She became an essential part of his life. That for her, he would do and give up everything.

That's how I see it.

Maybe for us it's does look it.. like the way you're implied.

But maybe for him it was "love at the first" because he doesn't know what love is.

first time he feel interested

first time he feel intrigue 

first time he feel that there's indeed someone as fascinating as FJ despite over millennia he has had seen countless beauties but none of them ever catch his eyes or interests him. Everything involved FJ was all his "first time"

He gave her parents his all in one straightforward answered with no need to elaborate further explanation.

DH to FJ “If I had known you then, my son would be old enough to go out for errands by now.”

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

42 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I would be more worried about the women coveting him. I mean pretty much all the suffering FJ endured was brought on by ZH and JH. One kept her away from DH and the other was definitely their calamity.

You're right, the women are the scary one.

Spoiler

If I recall, in the novel, when he didn't show up and they heard the rumors about Ji Heng and him, they kinda believe it. So they didn't trust him enough. He look carefree but he seems to be a righteous person. Yet, no one speak for him there. 

• Like 3

Found a goody. It's the deleted scenes that were supposed to be seen in the beginning of the drama. Introduction to Donghua and his generals that Liansong mentioned to Mengshao in Fanyin Valley (some scenes are from some other drama according to some fans who commented on that post) 

Edited by FloraImmortal
Found out that some scenes are from some other drama
  • Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FloraImmortal said:

Found a goody. It's the deleted scenes that were supposed to be seen in the beginning of the drama. Introduction to Donghua and his generals that Liansong mentioned to Mengshao in Fanyin Valley 

Thank you soooo much for it!!!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

This reminds me of when DH showed up at the Bing cang ceremony Bai Zhi Dijun immediately got up and gave his seat to DH :lol:

Now that he's Qingqiu's son in law what do they call him now? Do they still refer to him as Dijun?

43 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

When Donghua said he did the divination himself for the wedding date and it was an auspicious day:mellow:

I was like man you should've left it to the pro. You did it wrong. It wasn't the day at all:tears:

Apparently divination is not something he's good at besides cooking.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

10 minutes ago, FloraImmortal said:

Found a goody. It's the deleted scenes that were supposed to be seen in the beginning of the drama. Introduction to Donghua and his generals that Liansong mentioned to Mengshao in Fanyin Valley 

They wouldn't waste those ELOD cgi ... right???? :phew:

• Like 1

@Yori Ten They worry for FJ, because I think they know how devoted she is when she loves someone or something. They don't want her to be hurt or disappointed anymore. FJ is also the only child of Bai Yi and granddaughter of Bai Zhi. No man will really measure up! :)

DH was almost married before too, though it was more of an act to help JH flee with her bodyguard. That DH was willing to lost face is only due to Meng Hao. With that much pride and shamelessness, even DH won't be willing to be used that way if not because of his promise.

@LovelyLady For DH at that point, any day he can marry FJ is an auspicious day. Sadly, they've to contend with JH's selfish, shameless, ungrateful acts, and of Nie Chuyie assisting Miao Luo wrecking havoc everywhere. Dang, faithful XY does not deserve JH. JH should have been palmed off to Nie Chuyie, they actually suit each other for being opportunists, self-centred, and users. They're both good pretending to be underdogs, when in fact they're snakes waiting to strike.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Trust me, that little fox won't be able to put up with her act for long. She is just too far gone with DH and if she really did kept up with the pretense it is only because she wanted more attention and not to divert his attention. DH is a master manipulator with his *Don't talk to me, I am hurt* , *I can't move - and then, I can move now*, *My head hurts, let me lie on you*, and his pouting looks .. even as a viewer, I felt like going into the screen and give him some love! Ahahahhahaa......

Me too.. I wanted to give him a motherly hug ..especially when he acted like a child who wants to be love and pampered since he never have an affection from anyone including his adopted parents.... luckily he met FJ who can pampered him with everything he wanted..his beautiful talented and pure soul his Empress... forever his girl Xiao Bai.

2 hours ago, LovelyLady said:

This is love.

I'm here to stay. So deal with it ...so very true:lol:

• Like 2