[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Hey Guys, I need some advice. 

Im going to DragonCon in Sept, and there is a tradition of folks having badge ribbons which they give out.   

I was thinking of picking a good quote from Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, Eternal Love of the Dream, Back from Chaos and (possibly Legend of FuYao).  

Any suggestions of good quotes?  Im thinking to print the quote both with the English translation and Chinese characters.  

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

Any suggestions of good quotes?  Im thinking to print the quote both with the English translation and Chinese characters.  

Hmm, short or long qoutes? TPB's most defining would have to be of DH's not fearing Destiny nor asking its charity.

• Blob 1

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, short or long qoutes? TPB's most defining would have to be of DH's not fearing Destiny nor asking its charity.

Shorter is better.  Sometimes just a single word/phrase but we can do up to 3 lines but Id need space for the characters. 

Here are a couple of examples:

219199725_10158917527344473_479676186982

218382927_10159699796324727_181202650170

If I had the talent, Id just use 9 tail foxes as image. 

• Awesome 1

Ah last snippet for Reworked Bodhi Fate, it's about to be uploaded:

"Feng Xing was right. Aside from appearing effeminate, Mo Yuan wasn’t loathsome to look at, but the quiet, cold and stern air about him, that was impossible to be rid of, made me gnash my teeth in resentment."

Well, this was Shao Wan's impression of Mo Yuan after she found out who he was. HOW DID THESE TWO FALL IN LOVE? was what I was thinking when I retranslated it. These two are so different that it is not even funny! It is quite clear that Shao Wan was rather ahem blunt about how she felt when she looked at Mo Yuan since knowing who he is. She is not saying he's not good looking. She didn't like his cold and stern air/demeanor hahahaha!

And from the way she said it, it was as if she was actually trying not to admit he is good looking hence why she said the bolded text! We are in for a wild ride once that book starts to be written and released! A girl can indeed fall in love with a man she didn't like at first.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

UPDATE TO ELOD BLOG:

Bodhi Fate UPDATE

Three Lives Three Worlds

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/bodhi-fate-prologue-chapter-one

This is a heavily edited piece of update as the following major changes have been made:

1. The prose has been heavily edited to follow closely to the Chinese original penned by Tang Qi.
  2. The translation has been given a big overhaul to adhere closer to the original intended meaning by Tang Qi
  3. The place names have been edited to reflect the same translation used in Back to Chaos in a Dream and Lotus Step. This is for consistency and accuracy
  4. Timelines are still following Tang Qi's original. Tang Qi has said that the timeline for Bodhi Fate will change when she starts work on joining the story to the current timeline in the 3L3W universe.

This will read almost like a brand new update so feel free to read it from the beginning as it is really fun to read it in Shao Wan's point of view as many of the things she says now reflects what was on her mind, as opposed to being paraphrased in the translation. So go forth and have a good laugh at her sarcastic humour and her very direct personality. 

The next update I am working on is Back to Chaos in a Dream Chapter Nine. This will also be the final chapter of the novella. Check this space for it!

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Yay, Bodhi Fate is updated! :wub:

Oh boy, Shao Wan hates the God race to the bones! Never mind she's a Goddess herself!

I must say that it’s creator, Father God, was honestly a fascinating God with a fine taste in aesthetics. This was truly rare as most of the God race born after Father God were headache-inducing. For instance, many of them believed that they were created by Heaven and Earth to enlighten the common people. Every word and action they espoused was to set an example for these people. As a result, they kept establishing one rule after another to create a seemingly dignified godly image of themselves. It was as if they couldn’t wait to permanently float around wearing a Buddha’s halo over their heads.

Every time I saw them walking around in that manner, I felt the impulse to kick them.

Such a loyal, only friend. Only Dong Hua can go against Fushen for Shao Wan, to have her servants serve him at school. :lol:

Before I came to Water Marsh, I had already made some preparations. One of them was to ask Dong Hua to help me obtain an amnesty for additional servants. Seeing his appearance, he could only have gone to pick a fight with Father God to help me out. Aside from my request, he had no other motives of his own. Dong Hua was truly a loyal friend.

What will Mo Yuan have to do to make Shao Wan like him, much less love him back? :w00t:

Thanks for the heads up @Ninky ❤

• Love 1

This part is particularly funny to me! I just can't... 

"Over the last 70,000 years, I was no stranger to dealing with members of the God race, but this was the first time I had seen Mo Yuan. Based on what I could recall of his appearance, I asked Feng Xing, "Are you sure he is really the biological son of Father God? Why does Father God look so strong and imposing with a tough and stocky build, and yet Mo Yuan looks so effeminate? I find that even I myself am more like the menfolk in comparison to him."

Feng Xing said, "Ancestor, you once said Zhe Yan is practically a sissy, Dong Hua appears to resemble an effeminate man, and you even felt that Qing Qiu’s Bai Zhi with such valiant good looks, is a little feminine. In your eyes, is there anyone who is not effeminate?" Sighing, he continued," Every beautiful man is feminine in your eyes, why don't you think that I am one too? "

• LOL 1

Though Bai Qian would disagree her father is a bit feminine, she'll agree that Mo Yuan and Ye Hua are pretty boys. :lol:

Feng Xing said that Dong Hua "appears to resemble an effeminate man", so he got the best compliment Shao Wan can give, right? Zhe Yan got it really bad though, hahaha!

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Though Bai Qian would disagree her father is a bit feminine, she'll agree that Mo Yuan and Ye Hua are pretty boys. :lol:

Feng Xing said that Dong Hua "appears to resemble an effeminate man", so he got the best compliment Shao Wan can give, right? Zhe Yan got it really bad though, hahaha!

Yep! I wonder if thats one of the things that made Bai Qian so beloved by Mo Yuan (as a foster daughter) since I doubht anyone other than Shao Wen had made such a comparison before.   

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

UPDATE TO ELOD BLOG:

Bodhi Fate UPDATE

Three Lives Three Worlds

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/bodhi-fate-prologue-chapter-one

This is a heavily edited piece of update as the following major changes have been made:

1. The prose has been heavily edited to follow closely to the Chinese original penned by Tang Qi.
  2. The translation has been given a big overhaul to adhere closer to the original intended meaning by Tang Qi
  3. The place names have been edited to reflect the same translation used in Back to Chaos in a Dream and Lotus Step. This is for consistency and accuracy
  4. Timelines are still following Tang Qi's original. Tang Qi has said that the timeline for Bodhi Fate will change when she starts work on joining the story to the current timeline in the 3L3W universe.

This will read almost like a brand new update so feel free to read it from the beginning as it is really fun to read it in Shao Wan's point of view as many of the things she says now reflects what was on her mind, as opposed to being paraphrased in the translation. So go forth and have a good laugh at her sarcastic humour and her very direct personality. 

The next update I am working on is Back to Chaos in a Dream Chapter Nine. This will also be the final chapter of the novella. Check this space for it!

Hooray!  I cant wait! 

Hey if during that time you happen to find a phrase or so that you think might be a good one to have on a badge ribbon...  

I might try and see if I can get a pair of 9 tails artwork.. 

• Wiggle 1

21 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Yep! I wonder if thats one of the things that made Bai Qian so beloved by Mo Yuan (as a foster daughter) since I doubht anyone other than Shao Wen had made such a comparison before.   

Hooray!  I cant wait! 

Hey if during that time you happen to find a phrase or so that you think might be a good one to have on a badge ribbon...  

I might try and see if I can get a pair of 9 tails artwork.. 

what about the quote where Feng Jiu said she didn’t want to rely on Dong Hua when she became queen?

• Wiggle 1

11 minutes ago, Megan said:

what about the quote where Feng Jiu said she didn’t want to rely on Dong Hua when she became queen?

Hmmm maybe -got the exact quote? Badge ribbons can only hold so much. --I will admit to hoping it increases interest and gets more ppl hooked on the series..

• Wiggle 1

Just now, MayanEcho said:

Like these? 

Awww! Those are super cute!!! not sure I could keep that level of details to the badge but yea. I may try and see if I can get that family portrait Ive wanted done.  

Either DH with both FJ and BGG in fox form on his lap (and/or shoulder)

or  Bai Qian, A'Li, FJ, and BGG in their forms.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

Hmmm maybe -got the exact quote? Badge ribbons can only hold so much. --I will admit to hoping it increases interest and gets more ppl hooked on the series..

“I'll never get any better if I rely on him for everything”

Or you can try Feng Jiu’s advice

“The most important thing in being an immortal is shamelessness. As long as you’re shameless... anything can be done.”

• Wiggle 1

@MayanEchothats amazing! did you do that piece or know the artist? 

Id want to get permission before turning the art into a ribbon. 

14 minutes ago, Megan said:

“I'll never get any better if I rely on him for everything”

Or you can try Feng Jiu’s advice

“The most important thing in being an immortal is shamelessness. As long as you’re shameless... anything can be done.”

Oooh I like those.  @Ninky and @UnluckyWhiteCat do either of you have the Chinese characters for these 2 quotes?   --I dont want to use the Google translate and then have ppl laughing for mangled sentences.

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Romulan No, not mine, it's a fan art from last year when the drama was first shown. I'm sure it was also posted in the thread before, if not the same artist's works. Posted without the ctto. :sweatingbullets:

Gotcha. its amazing work.  :) 

what does ctto stand for? 

Also I thought of maybe just having 1 ribbon that has some commonly used word or phrase in dramas.  -something that only a C drama fantasy fan might get. -dunno. 

52 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Oooh I like those.  @Ninky and @UnluckyWhiteCat do either of you have the Chinese characters for these 2 quotes?   --I dont want to use the Google translate and then have ppl laughing for mangled sentences.

@Romulan

Showcasing FJ's maturity: “我自己的事其实还是该我自己来做,这个事交给帝君自然万无一失,但什么事情都靠着帝君就忒不上进了,再说帝君他也不想我长成一个只靠他的废物,这个事顶多帮我筹划筹划制剑匣的进度,别的大约也不会多伸手帮我。”她又想起什么似的突然眼睛放光道,“不然三殿下同我打个赌看帝君会不会主动代劳我,若我赢了,三殿下将上回给成玉元君做短剑所剩的世间至为珍贵的雩琈玉赠我,若三殿下赢了,我拿芬陀利池的肥鱼做半月糖醋鱼献给三殿下。”

(The whole quote is here, the section mentioned is the purple)

FJ's famous words to A Li: “做神仙,最重要就是不要脸,不要脸的话,做什么事都能成功。”

• Wiggle 1