[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

8 hours ago, Ninky said:

He still used making little cubs as an excuse to pull her into the bed just minutes after....:naughty:.... ..... .....Tang Qi did say that you will see them in the background of Lotus Step Lower Volume and Bodhi Fate.

Really?!?!?! I hope they all have hair like their father. 

If there are too many cubs, ZY might offer regular tonics to these 2 :joy:

• LOL 4

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Setting the right expectations is always the best way to go. Korean audience has been advised that ELOD is not a continuation of TMOPB. :)

I think they should write it at the beginning of every episode especially to the non-novel fans. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I think they should write it at the beginning of every episode especially to the non-novel fans. 

Yup, that should help avoid the confusion, if any, for those who had seen TMOPB and not read TPB.

Still remembering the facepalms over some who rated ELOD low because it isn't a continuation of TMOPB. I've read a comment that it's bad and she isn't watching because it's not TMOPB season 2. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Yup, that should help avoid the confusion, if any, for those who had seen TMOPB and not read TPB.

Still remembering the facepalms over some who rated ELOD low because it isn't a continuation of TMOPB. I've read a comment that it's bad and she isn't watching because it's not TMOPB season 2. 

In fairness, the story of DH and FJ in TMOPB is actually interesting and it kept the viewers (especially me) hooked but because they changed so much, the original story was buried deep and this is actually an insult (IMO) to TQ. I know TQ had plagiarism scandal with TMOPB but TPB was probably her first original of the 3L3W series of hers. 

Those who said they won't watch ELoD because its the 2nd season of TMOPB, they are missing a lot and I don't say this a lot when it comes to asian dramas. I say it a lot when it comes to ELoD :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, triplesung said:

In fairness, the story of DH and FJ in TMOPB is actually interesting and it kept the viewers (especially me) hooked but because they changed so much, the original story was buried deep and this is actually an insult (IMO) to TQ. I know TQ had plagiarism scandal with TMOPB but TPB was probably her first original of the 3L3W series of hers. 

Those who said they won't watch ELoD because its the 2nd season of TMOPB, they are missing a lot and I don't say this a lot when it comes to asian dramas. I say it a lot when it comes to ELoD :joy:

Those who refused to watch ELOD don't know what they're missing. They're not going through massive withdrawal symptoms and engaging in never ending discussions on ELOD like us. :joy::sweatingbullets: hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

9 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Those who refused to watch ELOD don't know what they're missing. They're not going through massive withdrawal symptoms and engaging in never ending discussions on ELOD like us. :joy::sweatingbullets: hahaha

12 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I'm frankly thrown off guard by their rigidness. It's hard to fathom how conclusion/stance came first without observation (watching). :sweatingbullets: Or that's just me, maybe, who refuses to let preconceived notions of others cloud my own views.

• LOL 2

I just made an epiphany regarding Jiheng’s role in the restaurant. I already wrote about her plight on my tumblr but now I realized something new.

https://mcheang.tumblr.com/post/190944408445/eternal-love-of-dream-eps-31-32-i-almost-pity

My epiphany is on Jiheng’s allergic reaction. At first I was more focused on the rudeness Jiheng is showing as a GUEST at a restaurant. She insults her host and tries to show Dong Hua how much she cares and knows about his palate. (He doesn’t care. He uses her food as ammo to throw at Xiao Yan). But then I realized...those spots on her hands (it took me until today to spot them)...I know the vine was required for his usual soup...but I’m guessing Jiheng wanted to get an allergic reaction to elicit Dong Hua’s concern and attention, and rub it in Feng Jiu’s face how much Dong Hua is concerned with her health.

i can’t believe it took me this long to see that

hmm...now I want to see Feng Jiu retort that Dong Hua already has Jiheng’s soup, he shouldn’t be so greedy for her cakes. No one wants to trade their cakes either.

Edited by Megan
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, Megan said:

I just made an epiphany regarding Jiheng’s role in the restaurant. I already wrote about her plight on my tumblr but now I realized something new.

https://mcheang.tumblr.com/post/190944408445/eternal-love-of-dream-eps-31-32-i-almost-pity

My epiphany is on Jiheng’s allergic reaction. At first I was more focused on the rudeness Jiheng is showing as a GUEST at a restaurant. She insults her host and tries to show Dong Hua how much she cares and knows about his palate. (He doesn’t care. He uses her food as ammo to throw at Xiao Yan). But then I realized...those spots on her hands (it took me until today to spot them)...I know the vine was required for his usual soup...but I’m guessing Jiheng wanted to get an allergic reaction to elicit Dong Hua’s concern and attention, and rub it in Feng Jiu’s face how much Dong Hua is concerned with her health.

hmm...now I want to see Feng Jiu retort that Dong Hua already has Jiheng’s soup, he shouldn’t be so greedy for her cakes. No one wants to trade their cakes either.

Can be. Other than that, since they're both guests to a banquet, I want to know why she would feel DH isn't used to the food served. Come on, FJ by that time is already cooking for DH? And DH's a seasoned warrior who's been in battles since he was born; just what did JH think on what DH had to eat to survive, that he must only have her soup in a banquet they're attending?

She's really a bai lian hua <_<

DH won't try to negotiate with Ali. The boy will ask for the handkerchief back ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Can be. Other than that, since they're both guests to a banquet, I want to know why she would feel DH isn't used to the food served. Come on, FJ by that time is already cooking for DH? And DH's a seasoned warrior who's been in battles since he was born; just what did JH think on what DH had to eat to survive, that he must only have her soup in a banquet they're attending?

She's really a bai lian hua <_<

DH won't try to negotiate with Ali. The boy will ask for the handkerchief back ;)

Maybe she wants to remind him she knows his taste buds better and knows how to cook his favourite foods.

But then...the maids at Taichen can claim the same...

• Unamused 1

36 minutes ago, Megan said:

Maybe she wants to remind him she knows his taste buds better and knows how to cook his favourite foods.

But then...the maids at Taichen can claim the same...

FJ was a maid in Tai Chen, and in the adaptation she was assigned in the kitchen. As baby fox, she had seen and known more about DH than JH. 

Here's a rule for a guest: do not deliberately upstage, belittle, or sabotage your host. That's common sense. 

JF was foolish to try showing off and assert her imaginary claims over someone that way. She made a spectacle of herself with her behaviour, witnessed by clans royalties and the emperor.

• Unamused 1

37 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

JF was foolish to try showing off and assert her imaginary claims over someone that way. She made a spectacle of herself with her behaviour, witnessed by clans royalties and the emperor.

For someone reputed to be pure and whatnot...she sure doesn’t live up to her reputation.

she disgraced herself with such rude behavior in front of royalty...wow...everyone at that table was royal...I’m guessing she thought her behavior didn’t matter as long as she had Dong Hua watching out for her. I am reminded of Zhihe

• Unamused 1

6 minutes ago, Megan said:

For someone reputed to be pure and whatnot...she sure doesn’t live up to her reputation.

she disgraced herself with such rude behavior in front of royalty...wow...everyone at that table was royal...I’m guessing she thought her behavior didn’t matter as long as she had Dong Hua watching out for her. I am reminded of Zhihe

Not being a snob, and acknowledging she was the Red Demon clan princess. JH however, was a court musician in Fanyin Valley. Protocol wise, she was rude to everyone especially to the host. Manners, she was an absolute disgrace.

• Unamused 1

6 hours ago, Megan said:

JH had it all planned out didn't she? She wanted to demonstrate to everyone how she knows DH well and that he cared about her.

However, the outcome was not in her favor. DH didn't care much for her soup. He only had a few sips and used it as a weapon.

On surface, it may seem like DH cared for JH, since he  was quick to notice the allergic reaction on her hand and made a comment on it. But I think DH was deep down annoyed he may have to spend more time and energy to make sure JH doesn't get too sick.

That scene highlighted how different FJ and JH are. FJ was generous, empathetic, caring, and honest. While JH is two-face , she was focused on her own needs and wants only. Although JH may honestly believe that her actions are for DH wellbeing.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm frankly thrown off guard by their rigidness. It's hard to fathom how conclusion/stance came first without observation (watching). :sweatingbullets: Or that's just me, maybe, who refuses to let preconceived notions of others cloud my own views.

I can't believe how angry some viewers were! On the flip side, they may have loved TMOPB too much and had high expectations. 

Hopefully the drama will get plenty of love from the Korean audience. 

Do anyone know if ELOD is officially released in Japan? 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I can't believe how angry some viewers were! On the flip side, they may have loved TMOPB too much and had high expectations. 

Hopefully the drama will get plenty of love from the Korean audience. 

Do anyone know if ELOD is officially released in Japan? 

I can't understand either why that much anger? Is there a very big backstory, for any of the cast, for the roles being portrayed, or over the script? I mean, other than the fiasco over the rights of the story, and who plays whom? 

I'm quite a latecomer in Cdrama, actually watching dramas in general as the interest was simply not there. I know much lesser when it comes to actors/actresses, though I do like a few and recognize some. I did however heard a thing or two over how fan wars can be OTT organized and goal oriented for their stars and idols.

If I see my Japanese cousin online I'll try to ask. :) 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

To ordinary people, 1000 Fengjius wasn't worth even one of Dijun's fingers.

But to DH, Fengjiu is his whole world and his EVERYTHING from head to toe... literally.:wub:

The funny thing is both DH/FJ is insecurities about what's they felt about themselves.

Apparently their insecurities is one of the reason to all the misunderstanding between them.

When FJ give up and had to surrender to the fate after she thought she had tried so hard 

And there's DH always have or think of solutions for everything no matter how ridiculous shameless his methods is.  Once he realizes his love, how precious is FJ to him , he did and done  everything anything he could. , He is the one who will NOT bend to Destiny, fate or Heaven's will.

One of many reason why I'm falling in love with DHDJ character..:wub:

DH and FJ's love story is just beautiful. They are equally selfless and priortise each other before their own well-being.

I loved how DH couldn't resist FJ in all her forms, as a fox or human, he couldn't take his eyes off her, did everything possible to keep her close, and indulge her in every way. I find it sad how some viewers couldn't see how much DH did for FJ. The sacrifices and decisions he made pretty much demonstrates FJ is his everything, like you have mentioned. 

FJ's love for DH is just as beautiful. 

Whenever DH was in danger and FJ knew about it, she made sure DH wasn't facing the situations alone. 

It's extra sweet to read the tidbits, how FJ hand made DH's clothes and DH was so proud of it, he had to show it off court. 

It has been highlighted many times, that FJ's love for DH is instinctive. I would argue that it is the same for DH. In every lives, as soon as DH laid eyes on FJ, he had instinctively fallen for her.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I can't understand either why that much anger? Is there a very big backstory, for any the cast, for the roles being portrayed, or over the script? I mean, other than the fiasco over the rights of the story, and who plays whom? 

I'm quite a latecomer in Cdrama, actually watching dramas in general as the interest was simply not there. I know much lesser when it comes to actors/actresses, though I do like a few and recognize some. I did however heard a thing or two over how fan wars can be OTT organized and goal oriented for their stars and idols.

If I see my Japanese cousin online I'll try to ask. :) 

I know right? The intensity and passion seems abit out of proportion. 

I do feel for the actors and actresses. There is no winning with fans. When the drama goes well and chemistry is off the chart, the fans get into fan wars over that.

When there isn't enough chemistry, they complain too. 

• Like 3