[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

14 minutes ago, Ninky said:

My three daughters have their dad wrapped round their fingers so yes true about the father daughter bond. Good luck to potential suitors. I for one am looking forward to reading about the little princess in the background of future books.

I know right. I am not saying a man don't love his son, but I think Fathers have soft spot for daughters. I think it just in their instinct to protect something that is more "fragile", even though we know there is a lot of strong, independent, strongwilled women out there, women always "viewed" as fragile and "weaker" and I think men in nature just want to protect and care. 

Imagine if Dongfeng's daughter inherit her mom's sweet talk, she can get away with everything :joy:, and DH would be extremely super protective to his little princess. Get ready to stay single for eternity... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He heard of Cang Yi and the portrait at the wedding procession. 

Sure that portrait didn't disappear yet? :sweatingbullets: I won't put it past DH that when FJ left, Cang Yi's palaces would be one of the first places he searched. If he had seen it...

He heard but probably think it as rumour, if he seen it by his own very eyes, I am afraid CY instead of "not in his radar" he would be on the top list to kill :joy:

• LOL 3

5 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

I know right. I am not saying a man don't love his son, but I think Fathers have soft spot for daughters. I think it just in their instinct to protect something that is more "fragile", even though we know there is a lot of strong, independent, strongwilled women out there, women always "viewed" as fragile and "weaker" and I think men in nature just want to protect and care. 

Imagine if Dongfeng's daughter inherit her mom's sweet talk, she can get away with everything :joy:, and DH would be extremely super protective to his little princess. Get ready to stay single for eternity... 

DH won't mind she's single. Ahahaha. Joking aside though, he'll tell her that it can take a long time, but it's better to wait until the right person comes along. He's the prime example, grand aunt BQ as well. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

53 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Is that a curse or blessing? I don't know anymore :sweat_smile:, I am afraid if someday this thread ends, I am gonna have another massive withdrawal symptoms

Haha to me it's both :joy: but even as a curse I gladly accept it and am happy to be part of this active thread.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

He heard but probably think it as rumour, if he seen it by his own very eyes, I am afraid CY instead of "not in his radar" he would be on the top list to kill :joy:

He heard from SM and LS about the portrait rumour and how Cang Yi still cares. :lol: I agree, he'll feel differently if he had seen the portrait. If it's small he might let it pass. If it's head to toe lifesize, Cang Yi got problems.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH won't mind she's single. Ahahaha. Joking aside though, he'll tell her that it can take a long time, but it's better to wait until the right person comes along. He's the prime example, grand aunt BQ as well:)

Grand aunt or niece? :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH won't mind she's single. Ahahaha. Joking aside though, he'll tell her that it can take a long time, but it's better to wait until the right person comes along. He's the prime example, grand aunt BQ as well. :)

It took Bai Qian 140.000 years to marry and no she does not look old at all. She will look unchanged even at 360,000 years...

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Grand aunt or niece? :joy:

Ahahaha, DH's princess and BGG will call BQ grand aunt. In Qing Qiu. :lol: In Jiuchongtian, she's their niece, hehehe.

They won't go wrong if like everyone they also call her Gugu.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It took Bai Qian 140.000 years to marry and no she does not look old at all. She will look unchanged even at 360,000 years...

That's why the TMOPB Jiuchongtian maids of Su Jin and that of Princess in West Sea who wears green should not gossip about ages :lol: Haven't they heard she's the world's #1 beauty that time even if they are younger in age?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

19 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Nah...I think Xiao Yan provokes Dong Hua’s jealous more because of his closeness to Feng Jiu. Whereas Cang Yi was firmly rejected

• Insightful 1

59 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

If I have to be honest, I prefer DH's jealousy both in drama and the book, but because these are fantasy, but if it comes to real life, I wouldn't want a jealousy like DH has, and I am not saying about killing or hurting someone lol, for me it is important to have trust in a relationship and overly jealous isn't healthy, not to mention I love my freedom with making friends with opposite gender. I think when I first sign up on this forum, I wrote an insight about DH, as attractive as he is, because he is a book character I find his jealousy is cute and "tolerable", but if lets say someone in real life have that kind jealousy, I find it kind of abusive and controlling. I mean he even call FJ inside when he saw her talking with Mengshao and YCW and at that time MS didn't know that FJ is his crush, I wouldn't want that in my relationship. 

Hmmm...I’m gonna compare jealous Dong Hua in book and drama versions...

let’s see... in the drama, Dong Hua keeps interrupting whenever Feng Jiu is getting along with Xiao Yan, like when he offers to fight for her and Jiheng in the contest, or when she invites him to the restaurant.

in the book...um...Dong Hua soup bowl snowball knocked Xiao Yan down a flight of stairs?

wow...I think their jealousies are relatively the same

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

A blessing to pass the time while we are under lockdown

meanwhile...if Feng Jiu is the only red 9 tail fox and Bai Gun Gun is the only silver 9 tail fox. Do you think Dong Hua and Feng Jiu can have the only pink 9 tail fox?

Maybe not pink, but red all over except belly, tails tips, and paws that are silver. And the red fur should have silver sheen and/or tips.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Megan said:

Hmmm...I’m gonna compare jealous Dong Hua in book and drama versions...

let’s see... in the drama, Dong Hua keeps interrupting whenever Feng Jiu is getting along with Xiao Yan, like when he offers to fight for her and Jiheng in the contest, or when she invites him to the restaurant.

in the book...um...Dong Hua soup bowl snowball knocked Xiao Yan down a flight of stairs?

wow...I think their jealousies are relatively the same

in book,  he was actually waiting by the staircase landing, Dong Hua whacked the bowl down the stairs and it hit him hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

actually he was waiting by the staircase landing, Dong Hua whacked the bowl down the stairs hahaha

That's because XY's a big mouth, DH didn't get a piece of cake, and forced to eat soup brought by another guest. Entertainment for Ali, hahaha.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I can't understand either why that much anger? Is there a very big backstory, for any of the cast, for the roles being portrayed, or over the script? I mean, other than the fiasco over the rights of the story, and who plays whom? 

I'm quite a latecomer in Cdrama, actually watching dramas in general as the interest was simply not there. I know much lesser when it comes to actors/actresses, though I do like a few and recognize some. I did however heard a thing or two over how fan wars can be OTT organized and goal oriented for their stars and idols.

If I see my Japanese cousin online I'll try to ask. :) 

I was speechless when I saw the comment section of ELOD, Many were not considering to watch the series just because it wasn't the continuation of TMOPB, most of those were Drama only watchers.. so basically they have no idea abt TQ universe and how unique DH and FJ are as a couple in every sense.. On top of that TMOPB kindof took few original themes of Pillow book and systematically butchered it so those fans might not understand the depth of  ELOD, they might even think that it has the same repetitive scenes (arcs) as TMOPB in a different order :dissapointed:

Another major problem is Yang Zi fans (but the actress has no fault), they hate Reba so they are purposely down voting the ratings of ELOD in famous Chinese websites coz they want AOL to remain on top.. its freaking childish!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Aari sky said:

I was speechless when I saw the comment section of ELOD, Many were not considering to watch the series just because it wasn't the continuation of TMOPB, most of those were Drama only watchers.. so basically they have no idea abt TQ universe and how unique DH and FJ are as a couple in every sense.. On top of that TMOPB kindof took few original themes of Pillow book and systematically butchered it so those fans might not understand the depth of  ELOD, they might even think that it has the same repetitive scenes (arcs) as TMOPB in a different order :dissapointed:

Another major problem is Yang Zi fans (but the actress has no fault), they hate Reba so they are purposely down voting the ratings of ELOD in famous Chinese websites.. coz they want AOL to remain on top.. its freaking childish!!

They can be as illogical as they like and how they vote, but ELOD is still going places months after it ended. It's still getting shown somewhere else, and before that, despite the pandemic, it still topped the 1stQ with little promotion. Viewers also had hit 8B within 5mo?

People miss out when they judge prematurely. In TMOPB the DH FJ angle was open ended. Was the objection due to DH and FJ actually having their own story? They could have at least got curious with ELOD, and not insist before watching that it should be a continuation of TMOPB.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aari sky said:

Another major problem is Yang Zi fans (but the actress has no fault), they hate Reba so they are purposely down voting the ratings of ELOD in famous Chinese websites coz they want AOL to remain on top.. its freaking childish!!

Why Yangzi's fan hate Reba? I also new to Cdrama or any drama in general. In fact I don't watch much but Donghua and Fengjiu changed me. Lol

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1