[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

24 minutes ago, Megan said:

Hi. Does anyone remember which episode Bai Zhi tells Ali about Feng Jiu’s exploits before deciding to give him an unwanted name lecture so he won’t be like his cousin?

That's ep 7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ninky said:

Like my grandmother, she couldn't live without my grandpa, she passed away 6 weeks after he left us. She had kidney failure for over a year but she hung on for my grandpa who was starting to have problems eating (he was 98 and that's a good old age). When he passed on, she followed shortly after.

I do believe that you can die from severe heartbreak. It's the same case with my great-grandparents. I also see this in a lot of the elderly who had lost their spouses during their elderly years. Some would lose their appetite. Some would have decline in mobility. Some just deteriorate.

7 hours ago, Donghuadijun said:

With DH's appetite, unless FJ given preventive peach by ZheYan, I am afraid all the cubs after BGG would only 4-5 years gap :joy:, poor FJ. Better seek ZY from now! :sweat_smile:

I thought the fox clans tend to have difficult gestation or labour. So I don't think they'll have a lot after BGG. Maybe 1 or 2.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Megan said:

Hi. Does anyone remember which episode Bai Zhi tells Ali about Feng Jiu’s exploits before deciding to give him an unwanted name lecture so he won’t be like his cousin?

7 or 8. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I thought the fox clans tend to have difficult gestation or labour. So I don't think they'll have a lot after BGG. Maybe 1 or 2.

But don't forget Bai Zhi had 5 children :joy: so....for DH and FJ it's not impossible :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Sensible girl..she would become a good friend to FJ and XY especially she's now live in Qingqiu

Definitely. Not just FJ, but Jingwei will be happy to be friends with them even if he had a feud with them. Remember, FJ told him after she was back from mortal realm that because of him, Qing Qiu and Biyiniao had some kind of falling out? :lol:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Donghuadijun said:

I know right. I am not saying a man don't love his son, but I think Fathers have soft spot for daughters. I think it just in their instinct to protect something that is more "fragile", even though we know there is a lot of strong, independent, strongwilled women out there, women always "viewed" as fragile and "weaker" and I think men in nature just want to protect and care. 

Imagine if Dongfeng's daughter inherit her mom's sweet talk, she can get away with everything :joy:, and DH would be extremely super protective to his little princess. Get ready to stay single for eternity... 

I don't think he minds if his daughter will stay single forever. I can imagine his daughter working as a high official in some sort of military looking the most badass out of all women. No men (or women :smirk:) needed.

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

It took Bai Qian 140.000 years to marry and no she does not look old at all. She will look unchanged even at 360,000 years...

I  am still doubting DH real age... I don't think he is 360,000. I feel like he's older. A lot older.

1 minute ago, chsaf said:

But don't forget Bai Zhi had 5 children :joy: so....for DH and FJ it's not impossible :naughty:

If its possible for BZ, then we can confidently say DH will surpass that.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I don't think he minds if his daughter will stay single forever. I can imagine his daughter working as a high official in some sort of military looking the most badass out of all women. No men (or women :smirk:) needed.

I  am still doubting DH real age... I don't think he is 360,000. I feel like he's older. A lot older.

If its possible for BZ, then we can confidently say DH will surpass that.

DH will be happy as long as his little girl is happy. Being a badass official doesn't sound too bad either.

Hahahahahahahahahaha I'm sure DH can definitely surpass that too :naughty:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

26 minutes ago, chsaf said:

DH will be happy as long as his little girl is happy. Being a badass official doesn't sound too bad either.

Hahahahahahahahahaha I'm sure DH can definitely surpass that too :naughty:

Maybe yes, maybe no. Hahaha. 

Bai Zhi got 5 children but only 2 of them has 1 each kid...so far, no details of the other 2 other siblings, and of course technically Bai Zhen won't have.

BGG and future sibling/s are one of a kind hybrids. Hahahah.

• Like 3

Just now, MayanEcho said:

Maybe yes, maybe no. Hahaha. 

Bai Zhi got 5 children but only 2 of them has 1 each kid...so far, no details of the other 2 other siblings, and of course technically Bai Zhen won't have.

Yeah, FJ's uncles don't have any (lol at your Bai Zhen comment). And if Bai Qian has more that would be nice. :love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Yeah, FJ's uncles don't have any (lol at your Bai Zhen comment). And if Bai Qian has more that would be nice. :love:

What if it's possible for some reason for Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan via some kind of magic, hahahaha. With these immortals, anything can be possible if and when the situation lets it. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

Hello. When Feng Jiu decides to quit being a pet fox, why did Cheng Yu ask to see her in the pre-wedding ceremony? What was the point?

Basing on the series, FJ was injured, and was roasting yams as wedding gift for the very man she was so devoted to. Cheng Yu knows her friend FJ was devastated and she wants to comfort her. Plus, she just found out that FJ was turned to an ordinary spiritual fox.  Thus, Cheng Yu wants to revenge on Nie Chuyin because if not for him cheating FJ of her nine-tailed fur, she won't be in such pitiful state.

This checking out friends while they're broken is normal. Haven't you yet lended your shoulders and comforted a friend for whatever reasons he or she needs to know somebody's with him/her?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Basing on the series, FJ was injured, and was roasting yams as wedding gift for the very man she was so devoted to. Cheng Yu knows her friend FJ was devastated and she wants to comfort her. Plus, she just found out that FJ was turned to an ordinary spiritual fox.  Thus, Cheng Yu wants to revenge on Nie Chuyin because if not for him cheating FJ of her nine-tailed fur, she won't be in such pitiful state.

This checking out friends while they're broken is normal. Haven't you yet lended your shoulders and comforted a friend for whatever reasons he or she needs to know somebody's with him/her?

Um....I think I need to specify my question. Why did Cheng Yu ask Dong Hua if she could see his pet fox? Lian Song said she was provoking him, though I have no idea why the question would be provoking

and yes I have comforted friends when they were upsets 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

Um....I think I need to specify my question. Why did Cheng Yu ask Dong Hua if she could see his pet fox? Lian Song said she was provoking him, though I have no idea why the question would be provoking

and yes I have comforted friends when they were upsets 

She's riling up DH :) Baby fox is back safe in Qing Qiu and DH still has no idea that his pet he neglected for days is gone for good.

Cheng Yu is upset for FJ. It's similar to Zhe Yan wanting to blow off the tiles of Tai Chen Palace after FJ arrived with broken wrist and neck wounds.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Ninky said:

that one you read is fan fic, her official release is 5,000 words and on our blog. anything else you read outside of our blog for bodhi fate = fanfic

Honestly, thank  heavens for that- it was not on par with TQ's style imo. :)

• Like 4

Question. I recently watched TMoPB again and compared subtitles between Viki and Croton media (youtube)

Currently I'm doing the same with ELOD, but which one is closest to the original? I spotted quite a few differences.

I know Viki works with volunteer teams and each show can be different in quality. imo the subtiling was better done with ELOD (no offense, it's still better then my Chinese ;) )

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Question. I recently watched TMoPB again and compared subtitles between Viki and Croton media (youtube)

Currently I'm doing the same with ELOD, but which one is closest to the original? I spotted quite a few differences.

I know Viki works with volunteer teams and each show can be different in quality. imo the subtiling was better done with ELOD (no offense, it's still better then my Chinese ;) )

The WeTV and YT translation are the same for ELOD, and though there are some puzzling sentence construction, misspellings, or wrong word to use, the sub is close enough to the novel. 

Unfortunately ELOD isn't in the Viki or Viu where I'm based at, so I can't compare. The few snippets I've see though are also close to the story. Hmm, if I remember it correctly, Viki uses Imperial Lord instead of Emperor.

English-wise subs, IMO,TMOPB is done a bit better than ELOD. I've seen maybe  a handful only of misspellings and sentence construction issues.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The WeTV and YT translation are the same for ELOD, and though there are some puzzling sentence construction, misspellings, or wrong word to use, the sub is close enough to the novel. 

Unfortunately ELOD isn't in the Viki or Viu where I'm based at, so I can't compare. The few snippets I've see though are also close to the story. Hmm, if I remember it correctly, Viki uses Imperial Lord instead of Emperor.

English-wise subs, IMO,TMOPB is done a bit better than ELOD. I've seen maybe  a handful only of misspellings and sentence construction issues.

Thanks for your reply. :) That is why I compared the subtitles and prefered viki in most cases (so far) for Elod

So, when you get a chance to re-watch it on viki again...it may be fun to do so :lol: 

With TMOPB (watched on youtube and viki) I'd say it's 50/50. 

I remember watching Elod on Wetv and some sentences were really puzzling- like the translaters were fighting for the right words, now watching it elsewhere these sentences make much more sense. I think idioms are giving the translators the most headaches. 

Your right, on viki Di Jun is called Imperial lord. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

10 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I remember watching Elod on Wetv and some sentences were really puzzling- like the translaters were fighting for the right words, now watching it elsewhere these sentences make much more sense. I think idioms are giving the translators the most headaches. 

At some point, I've thought that for quick work, post production used auto translate for the subs and just copied then uploaded without proper checking. Some are quite bad, and a word or two doesn't make sense. Nonetheless, so long that it can be understood and it matches the scene, it's still fine (for me). :) Though of course, it could have been subbed way, way better.

• Like 4