[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

19 minutes ago, Ninky said:

So much backlash against Ji Heng actress for defending the role. They think she is blaming DH the character for abandoning her. Lol. Weibo is on fire.

I thought her post was from the viewpoint of JH? No? Bc if it was JH's point of view that she was explaining then it actually perfectly depicts JH. She is selfish, and does think the world revolves around her. Was she defending her character or was she explaining the character's point of view? If it was from her personal point of view, then wow, not good! Do Chinese actors not have publicists to filter their posts or official statements for them?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I thought her post was from the viewpoint of JH? No? Bc if it was JH's point of view that she was explaining then it actually perfectly depicts JH. She is selfish, and does think the world revolves around her. Was she defending her character or was she explaining the character's point of view? If it was from her personal point of view, then wow, not good! Do Chinese actors not have publicists to filter their posts or official statements for them?

People are interpreting what she is saying online negatively. Said the actress pov is stating that Dong Hua is the one who abandoned Ji Heng?! Her words are being misconstrued or seen that way. Fans were furious.

Regarding Xiao Yan, many people said the character’s happiness was sacrificed for Ji Heng and they are not happy about it. People love YCW as a character as he is a loyal and good friend. He almost died helping DH with ML and got rewarded with the worst gift ever. 

Spoiler

i am just glad in the books he will find someone more worth his while.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

49 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

On the other hand, the princess carry tally :D

There are also the carry scenes not actually shown. 

for e.g when he carried her from the Jie You spring to his room when she fell ill.

When I heard vengo was cast, I knew he was in trouble. The entire second book, he basically carried her a lot. :P

And everywhere too!

If you notice after episode 30 it was almost a carry scene per episode. It tickled me!

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

45 minutes ago, Ninky said:

People are interpreting what she is saying online negatively. Said the actress pov is stating that Dong Hua is the one who abandoned Ji Heng?! Her words are being misconstrued or seen that way. Fans were furious.

Why is she trying so hard. Her character was horrible and selfish. Each time, Donghua tried to help her. He helped her escape with her beloved. He cured her from the poison continuously. He gave her the pimpon fruit to help with the poison ,he was jealous too ( let's not differ) And what she did in return? She puts herself in serious danger, forcing him to put his life in line and why?  She wants him to leave his dear wife. She dares to call it love. Miss, be grateful that Donghua abandoned you in one piece. The audacity!

• Like 9

@Ninky Might be the way she said it, the words she used? If the wording in how she responded isn't carefully thought of to be clear in what it means, then she'll certainly receive backlash. 

She should have left it to a publicist or her social media manager if she really felt the need to answer her critiques.  

On the other hand, the "aggression" kind of shows how well-liked ELOD is and it's story plot. The characters connected to the viewers. XY is that adorable and loyal friend to FJ and eventually even DH trusted him. That viewers are batting for him for someone better  than JH say something.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

3 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

Why is she trying so hard. Her character was horrible and selfish. Each time, Donghua tried to help her. He helped her escape with her beloved. He cured her from the poison continuously. He gave her the pimpon fruit to help with the poison ,he was jealous too ( let's not differ) And what does she do in return? She puts herself in serious danger, forcing him to put his life in line and why?  She wants him to leave his dear wife. She dares to call it love. Miss, be grateful that Donghua abandoned you in one piece. What audacity!

And poor Feng Jiu left for 200 years thinking she was the one abandoned. That’s why people did not like what she said on weibo. Whatever people say online can easily be misconstrued as most people see what they want to see as well. 

She just should not have said anything. 越描越黑 (the more you defend the worse it gets).

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

for e.g when he carried her from the Jie You spring to his room when she fell ill.

When I heard vengo was cast, I knew he was in trouble. The entire second book, he basically carried her a lot. :P

And everywhere too!

If you notice after episode 30 it was almost a carry scene per episode. It tickled me!

DH should have just carried FJ with him to go cure JH. Keep her in his arms so she doesn't go anywhere. Or at least turn her back into a handkerchief for practical reasons.:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

11 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

DH should have just carried FJ with him to go cure JH. Keep her in his arms so she doesn't go anywhere. Or at least turn her back into a handkerchief for practical reasons.:joy:

If he brought FJ with him, he'll be one henpecked referee between a biting and scratching queen on her own right red fox and a demon princess who is water cultivated. ;) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

And everywhere too!

Yeah I think it only counted roughly half of the princess carry :D.  And also how about the NGs? :D

Vengo probably needed a body massage -  XY (Wayne) got his revenge :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

22 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Yeah I think it only counted roughly half of the princess carry :D.  And also how about the NGs? :D

Vengo probably needed a body massage -  XY (Wayne) got his revenge :D

Or went back to the hotel half dead. Actually the actor acting as YCW said the jaywalk boys frequently work out together. Liu Ruo Lin (ycw) has pretty good upper

body muscle and strength. Haha.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Rewatching the episodes, you will see how Dong Hua looked with bored, irritated patience when both Zhi He and Ji Heng used their fathers to get their way with him. Both are the same kind of blackmailers.

How many times Dong Hua had told Ji Heng not to bother about the past that she ran off with another person and had hurt his reputation. He mentioned that they live long lives hence need not to dwell in the past. But thanks to her statement of having someone in his heart was the light bulb that he indeed does have someone in his heart.

I will have to agree the cheery reunion of her with Xiao Yan was rather irritating to sit through so it a quick fast forward to the next scene.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, Ninky said:

I am now rewatching episode 32, the restaurant scene with "Jealous Dong Hua". Hilarious! Lian Song understanding that DH is jealous makes me laugh hard. Did he really have to use that route to move the cakes over? Never fails to make me laugh even on rewatch. Furthermore, Lian Song was rubbing salt into his wounds! 

That is one of my fave episode, watching it again, DH's face expression each time FJ and XY talking about cakes .....if only looks could kill haha

And Lian Song adding the fire to the burning jealousy , cracked me up everytime 

• LOL 9

Just now, nocturne79 said:

That is one of my fave episode, watching it again, DH's face expression each time FJ and XY talking about cakes .....if only looks could kill haha

And Lian Song adding the fire to the burning jealousy , cracked me up everytime 

You can really tell how much DH considers LS a friend.... bc he isn't dead from all the trolling he has done. And that scene where LS ate all the sweet and sour fish FJ made:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

5 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

You can really tell how much DH considers LS a friend.... bc he isn't dead from all the trolling he has done. And that scene where LS ate all the sweet and sour fish FJ made:joy:

Yeah, DJ almost had a heart attack :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

53 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Liu Ruo Lin (ycw) has pretty good upper

body muscle and strength. Haha.

And I love his exercise tips on Weibo, the sitting against the wall with his dog (aww), how to do a pull up etc. He’s such a cool dude even though I feel like a cougar saying it. Hey we are less than a decade apart in terms of age so it’s not SO bad right. :lol:

• LOL 4

10 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Pls no..never...

even thinking about it.. make my skin crawl to think DH with someone other than FJ. I don't mind if anyone in the 4 seas , 8 deserts and 6 realms "cut his sleeve" anyone even YH or MY but not DH..to think Dongfeng didn't exist..like an apocalypses in my heart :)

PS: don't mind me..I just love Dongfeng so much.:D

Haha, I know. That was a really bad joke!

Don't worry coz TQ has just revealed that dear ZL will remain a bachelor for life. He will serve his Majesty and take good care of Tai Chen palace. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2