[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Due to censorship, they can't show the hilarious thoughts FJ has when she heard about General Changseng. The description in the book is too funny. There is a reason why Meng Shao's line ' I won't trust women ' anymore in the book is so apt.

They changed the Maiden Festival storyline so FJ recognizes Xize as DH. Otherwise, as in the book, she would have thought that Xize would bend the other way after being trampled with scented pouches.

• LOL 6

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Due to censorship, they can't show the hilarious thoughts FJ has when she heard about General Changseng. The description in the book is too funny. There is a reason why Meng Shao's line ' I won't trust women ' anymore in the book is so apt.

They changed the Maiden Festival storyline so FJ recognizes Xize as DH. Otherwise, as in the book, she would have thought that Xize would bend the other way after being trampled with scented pouches.

Actually Meng Shao wasn't truly in love with Feng Jiu but with his imagined version of her :D.  That's what makes it so ultra funny.

Meng Shao's type seem to be more the refined girls type, while Feng Jiu is more Dong Hua's kind of girl. MS clearly didn't know what the real Qing Qiu Queen was like! :glasses:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, bertrande said:

Eeps..horror is not my favourite genre.  I thought it was some adventure, treasure hunting series!

Off topic, does anyone know where I can watch Xuan-Yuan Sword Legend?  I have WeTV (but ELOD is not licenced to WeTV for my territory), Netflix, iQiyi...that's about it :vicx:  I tried searching Dramacool etc but they don't seem to have it.

Edited to add: It seems that Dramacool does have it!

It is not horror. I hate horror movies. It is an adventures, treasure hunting series. It has 4 seasons. Season 3 is a prequel. Vengo is the grandad of the main female lead in season 1 and 2

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4

Girls, have you realised how emotionally invested we are in this story, both book and drama? I have just finished Fanyin Valley arc, I am 2 eps into Aranya's dream arc and i had to stop, because the emotions overwhelmed me. Chen Ye (or rather Shen Ye) and Aranya's story is sooo sad...and when i think of all that sadness that will come, i just can't..i have to take a break. 

Fanyin valley arc was sooo well done, in comparison to that stupid mortal arc. It's my favourite till now :heart: 

What i will do when i finish the drama....:cry::cry: 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

"Greatness of the East" how does it call in Chinese?

东华 is Dijun's name :blush: 东 (dong, first tone) means "east". 华 (hua, second tone)  means, like you said, "brilliance, greatness"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 billions is pretty good, since it is only streaming in one site. Do you think they will add the YouTube and Viki views to the final accountant? Hopefully, fans will watch it again after it ends... and I know some people are waiting for it to be complete before watching.

I hope we can break the 10 billion mark in a month or two...

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

Girls, have you realised how emotionally invested we are in this story, both book and drama? I have just finished Fanyin Valley arc, I am 2 eps into Aranya's dream arc and i had to stop, because the emotions overwhelmed me. Chen Ye (or rather Shen Ye) and Aranya's story is sooo sad...and when i think of all that sadness that will come, i just can't..i have to take a break. 

Fanyin valley arc was sooo well done, in comparison to that stupid mortal arc. It's my favourite till now :heart: 

What i will do when i finish the drama....:cry::cry: 

Hi!

Congratulations on making it through the Mortal arc! I remember you posted how it was a pain to sit through. Fanyin Valley was a fun and light hearted ride, bet you enjoyed FJ x XY dumb and dumber banters.

Welcome to Aranya's Dream now. It will be sad but there are also light hearted moments. And Su Moye is there to add some more eye candy

You will find him refreshing but quite pitiful as well. 

Sometimes I want that amnesiac pill so that I can start ELOD all over again!

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, anzu_brief said:

7 billions is pretty good, since it is only streaming in one site. Do you think they will add the YouTube and Viki views to the final accountant? Hopefully, fans will watch it again after it ends... and I know some people are waiting for it to be complete before watching.

I hope we can break the 10 billion mark in a month or two...

Many Chinese audiences also keep rewatching, don't worry we aren't the only obsessed ones!

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

I am now rewatching episode 32, the restaurant scene with "Jealous Dong Hua". Hilarious! Lian Song understanding that DH is jealous makes me laugh hard. Did he really have to use that route to move the cakes over? Never fails to make me laugh even on rewatch. Furthermore, Lian Song was rubbing salt into his wounds! 

• LOL 11

WeTV is releasing The Untamed Special Edition. The Untamed has less views that ELOD but they made a lot of money in events, merchandise, etc... But I guess they will understand it was the coronavirus' fault, no the drama. Less hope ELOD receives the same treatment.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

I was rewatching E49 and 50 with Eng subs and I just wanted to say watching DH help JuNuo get up and thank So Moye was refreshing for me, it showed that he has humility (he acknowledged the sacrifice the tribe was making and in helping her get up, with his stature, shows he is coming down to her level too, to be allies) plus a humane side to DH that I rarely get to see. That he could tell Su Moye "it's not selfish motives (that you had) but just that you were pursuing the truth" felt like he was offering a little comfort, knowing the pain that Su Moye must have felt in finding out the truth. 

Yes I thought it was nice of DH to thank Su Moye, especially after basically forcing his hand on so many occasions to do things on his behalf. I feel it’s a bit of an injustice to just leave Su Moye out after the dream sequence. It just feels like his story is still incomplete and there could be more (whether or not it’s canon I don’t know - just articulating thoughts from the series alone)

I just finished ep 48/49. I love how the entire storytelling sequence is woven together, how FJ and DH/SMY respectively find out the truth and the flashbacks bringing the story to life. Executed so smoothly, the flow is really good, and it just links and makes sense without wasting precious screen time. The final few eps should have been done to this degree of success!

I teared at Aranya’s death scene - it was so beautiful. Love how she’s reaching for the flowers but not one brushes her hand. A life of true of dashed hopes and unfulfilled dreams. And poor FJ, all these men wanting her to do dangerous things to herself for Aranya and each trying to convince her she will come to no harm. I love how the Cang’he sword comes zooming out and the part where DH catches her in mid air. He reminds me so much of my childhood crush Andy Lau as Yang Guo in that scene. :wub:

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

5 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@bertrande Drive safely lady!!!

I have almost forgotten how steamy TMOPB is. Mark Chao is god level when it comes to open mouth kisses. 

@Yori Ten Judging from Mark Chao's personality though, he isn't the shy type of person to begin with. Excellent actor so much so that the audience is willing to let go of the fact that he isn't  "pretty" boy enough as described in the books! :blush:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, bertrande said:

Yes I thought it was nice of DH to thank Su Moye, especially after basically forcing his hand on so many occasions to do things on his behalf. I feel it’s a bit of an injustice to just leave Su Moye out after the dream sequence. It just feels like his story is still incomplete and there could be more (whether or not it’s canon I don’t know - just articulating thoughts from the series alone)

I just finished ep 48/49. I love how the entire storytelling sequence is woven together, how FJ and DH/SMY respectively find out the truth and the flashbacks bringing the story to life. Executed so smoothly, the flow is really good, and it just links and makes sense without wasting precious screen time. The final few eps should have been done to this degree of success!

I teared at Aranya’s death scene - it was so beautiful. Love how she’s reaching for the flowers but not one brushes her hand. A life of true of dashed hopes and unfulfilled dreams. And poor FJ, all these men wanting her to do dangerous things to herself for Aranya and each trying to convince her she will come to no harm. I love how the Cang’he sword comes zooming out and the part where DH catches her in mid air. He reminds me so much of my childhood crush Andy Lau as Yang Guo in that scene:wub:

@bertrande Ironically, that story of Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu, is also a love story between a younger person and a much older person, just in this case, the older person was the girl hehe (actually more like  Ye Hua/Bai Qian). :tounge_wink:.

Speaking of which, Ye Hua is physically 50,000 years old just 18k years older than BFJ. But Ye Hua does have a soul that's as old as Mo Yuan.

• LOL 6

5 minutes ago, anzu_brief said:

WeTV is releasing The Untamed Special Edition. The Untamed has less views that ELOD but they made a lot of money in events, merchandise, etc... But I guess they will understand it was the coronavirus' fault, no the drama. Less hope ELOD receives the same treatment.

I have a feeling, eventually we might get the same thing from ELOD. We'll probably get to  see the uncut version eventually. They will be able to milk a lot of money from that, to be honest.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1