[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

Some pure speculation here:

- maybe that scene where she kissed his cheek is when she thought she cannot stay with WJ while her family and his side are fighting? Like in the previous versions where ZM left because she couldnt possibly pick a side during the fight? 

15 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

I hope they don't cut out this scene. I heard original they want to make it 54 eps and cut back to 50 esp. 

That scene of ZM kiss ZWJ is very cute.

I actually like what happened in 42 instead of the usual pre-wedding hotpot scene.

I thought the fact ZWJ made ZM food while everyone else wait for him for dinner was very good. It showed that ZM was still in ZWJ’s heart. And the way ZM reacted there was really great. She was really logical and smart there. 

• Like 2

Can anyone teach me how to upload pictures to post? 

24 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

- maybe that scene where she kissed his cheek is when she thought she cannot stay with WJ while her family and his side are fighting? Like in the previous versions where ZM left because she couldnt possibly pick a side during the fight? 

I really really hope they do not cut the kissing face part, as well as the raining scene and the scene at desert

33 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

I actually like what happened in 42 instead of the usual pre-wedding hotpot scene.

I thought the fact ZWJ made ZM food while everyone else wait for him for dinner was very good. It showed that ZM was still in ZWJ’s heart. And the way ZM reacted there was really great. She was really logical and smart there. 

I agreed with you when he make and deliver the foods to her room while ZZR and other people waiting for him for dinner. Her reaction toward ZWJ when ZZR left the room very good and follow to ZZR room. ZM reaction is totally cool here and I like the way she talk to all of them without fear. Well, she never fear of anyone even the Grandpa that WJ respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

If that the case I hope she didn't leave him, their time together are too precious for our viewers.  

Hmmmmm I have strong mixed feelings about how ZM continuously confronted ZZR. It makes her look mean. Also when she told people that ZZR was pretending, she could have explained to people something like, someone like ZZR who knows kungfu can't possibly fail at killing herself?! 

She should never have lowered herself to ZZR's level. For a smart woman like her, it seems like a bad move that wastes energy...

On the other hand, I actually liked the additional non-canon plot lines:

Spoiler

- zzr' "suicide": showing how manipulative she is

- Fan Yao's saving ZM and plotting about killing the emperor, then Zhu YuanZhang counter-plot, then ZM telling WJ the real motivation of Zhu's plot, etc. : It builds the ground work for Zhu's "betrayal" later and WJ'd disillusionment, enough for someone who adhered to duty so severely like him to abandon everything.

- YL reunion with her family: a nice touch!

- WJ's grandpa being the one goaded him into the marriage: shows that WJ himself is very reluctant. It doesn't take away all the decision responsibility from him - in the end, it was him who let others tell him what to do, instead of living true to his heart. 

I did wish they included the canon scene where they met before the wedding, but like @arcchidus I also enjoyed the change: their discussion is very much about their main conflict, and the bigger picture, about ZM's worry for WJ's future. While she didn't say the iconic line "I love you, I hate you!", all her dialogue said as much: she even betrayed her father for him but he's still not believing her, etc. 

I think the contrast between two girls was very clear: ZZR doesn't understand his desire to live a quiet life, encourages him to lead Ming sect, and herself admits she cannot abandon her duty as Er Mei's leader, yet she and he never really discuss anything about the political big picture. She herself said this episode that she doesn't want to get involved in his organization's business, prefers to stay home and wait for him with food.

Contrast that with ZM, who knows very well that WJ doesn't give a f*** about "the greater good" (aka ruling the sect, and the country), he just wants to save people. She and he constantly have had to (due to their natural internal relationship conflict) discussed the war, who wants what, who needs to do what, etc. This is a much clearer contrast compared to the previous versions, and even to the novel. I like it!

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the 

26 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Can anyone teach me how to upload pictures to post? 

I really really hope they do not cut the kissing face part, as well as the raining scene and the scene at desert

I speculate the raining scene happen after WJ gone undercover at shaolin for many days, then fight the 3 monks, then meet with XX and then return to the village house to meet up with ZM.  He must have miss her so much at that moment. 

Speculation running wild awaiting for next week.:sweatingbullets:

• Thanks 1

@insertusernamehere

Is that all non-canon in the book? Lol I actually like all those parts, especially when ZM pretty much figure out the reasons why ZWJ do not want to assassinate the emperor immediately. I also like that she berates and caution ZWJ towards his "brothers" that just because ZWJ believes in brotherhood, honor, etc, does not mean his "brothers" will feel the same way and most likely they will used his kindness and throw him away once his useless.

ZM  was also pretty awesome in goading everybody to try to kill her but nobody dare to:joy:that was funny as hell. She's like "Zhuge Liang playing music on top of an empty castle", even though she has no power after she already told everybody her dad disown her, everybody still scared of some hidden plot that doesn't exist.

I feel quite happy  watching the latest episodes even though the wedding episode is still next week, since it showed ZM bouncing back to her top form, where she pretty much roast everybody in Ming cult even ZWJ and shows their hypocrisy in saying they're doing good for the people but they actually probably care more about their image.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@insertusernamehere

Is that all non-canon in the book? Lol I actually like all those parts, especially when ZM pretty much figure out the reasons why ZWJ do not want to assassinate the emperor immediately. I also like that she berates and caution ZWJ towards his "brothers" that just because ZWJ believes in brotherhood, honor, etc, does not mean his "brothers" will feel the same way and most likely they will used his kindness and throw him away once his useless.

ZM  was also pretty awesome in goading everybody to try to kill her but nobody dare to:joy:that was funny as hell. She's like "Zhuge Liang playing music on top of an empty castle", even though she has no power after she already told everybody her dad disown her, everybody still scared of some hidden plot that doesn't exist.

I feel quite happy  watching the latest episodes even though the wedding episode is still next week, since it showed ZM bouncing back to her top form, where she pretty much roast everybody in Ming cult even ZWJ and shows their hypocrisy in saying they're doing good for the people but they actually probably care more about their image.

Can't wait for this to be sub so I can understand all the hilariousness

32 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I read that the hotpot scene will still remain when TVB air this show

But i wonder how are we going to watch in tvb, would there be any link? 

It’s all wild speculation to be honest. None of us really know. The clothing from screenshot of the third hotpot scene is different from what she is wearing now so it’s a big question mark whether that’s really meant to be right before the wedding especially when we already have a scene where ZZR catches ZWJ hanging out with ZM instead of her.

and like people said above the kissing scene is likely coming up after given ZWJ’s hair and clothes.

@kur4p1k4 those scenes are original and I personally like them too. Honestly, I feel all these new scenes are really making ZWJ and ZM more likeable than in the original.

Original has some cute scenes but in terms of really being in love, this version is way more convincing!

• Like 2

I don't think the kiss on the cheek scene was cut. I think that scene will be in the next episodes because WJ styling is different then before the wedding day. I just don't know how they will put that scene in because in other version, ZM left WJ without telling him and just let a letter to sau her goodbye.

I don't know if they did filmed a hot pot scene or not (the night before the wedding). I don't think there is, because that restaurant is in the capital and they are in HangZhu? now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

It’s all wild speculation to be honest. None of us really know. The clothing from screenshot of the third hotpot scene is different from what she is wearing now so it’s a big question mark whether that’s really meant to be right before the wedding especially when we already have a scene where ZZR catches ZWJ hanging out with ZM instead of her.

and like people said above the kissing scene is likely coming up after given ZWJ’s hair and clothes.

@kur4p1k4 those scenes are original and I personally like them too. Honestly, I feel all these new scenes are really making ZWJ and ZM more likeable than in the original.

Original has some cute scenes but in terms of really being in love, this version is way more convincing!

I agree re the clothes: I did think it was odd that if the hotpot scene was before the wedding, why was his hair done that way?

Agree! Original (novel) has a lot of kiss scenes actually, unfortunately it was between WJ and all 3 of them (XZ, ZM, and ZR) haha so I'd take no kiss scene with anyone and more angst between OTP over sticking to canon.

5 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Omg they found the perfect person to save her!! I love this change!! It makes perfect sense!

Yes, that was great! I had an inkling that it might be him because I didn't think anyone else would care.

It definitely gives him that extra layer. I'm gratified at how the show makes these sorts of choices to flesh out the characters. At times they do things that leaves one scratching one's head, on other occasions you can see the better side of their humanity on display.

What a mess! What an unholy mess!

The entire situation is just deplorable and yet admittedly there is a realism in all of this. Poor WJ... he is hemmed in all sides. He didn't want to be sect leader in the first place and now everyone wants a piece of him. Well, at the very least, everyone wants to dictate to him how he should live his life "for the greater good". Although I thoroughly feel for him, it's rather smart of show to play out these dynamics in order for us to see the position that he's in. Even if you don't care about politics and don't see the necessity of it in this drama, you should because it tells you why WJ is in such an impossible situation where ZM is concerned. He's not living in the 21st century nor is he a man of time where he can shrug everything off and up and leave. I believe the Ming sect (Grandpa included) knows that WJ isn't really cut out for long-term leadership but there's no one else that has been able to rally the diverse factions and personalities up to this point in time so he's stuck in the job.

With regard to ZM, they're certainly playing up her position as The Enemy to the fullest. It does prolong the internal conflict in a number of interesting ways. What I particularly enjoy is that she complicates WJ's position every time they meet. It would be easier (for him and everyone else) if she weren't around but not as interesting. She's the anomaly... the outlier that challenges the conventional orthodoxy. I don't think the presence of ZR contributes to ZM's overall presence in the show. Even on her own, ZM has a distinctive dynamic with the people around her.

My personal view is that ZR isn't all that interesting without her descent into darkness. She's a fairly colourless character to begin with. Miejue's dominance in her development is definitely a key factor in her transformation. Her own inability to deal with the demands put on her... is another factor. She's torn in her loyalties like everyone else but because things are going swimmingly for her right now, she can justify her sins easily enough. Everyone, it appears, wants her to be with WJ for various reasons so it must feel that everything is going her way. She's got everything she wants wrapped in a bow... or so she thinks.

ZM was in a similar position in terms wanting a bet each way but because she's the outlier she has to work 10x harder to prove her sincerity by making immensely hard choices.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like the political aspect that they put in this version. It make sense for WJ to not be able to follow his heart and leave everything for love at this moment. Like he said, how can he think about love when the country needs him.

With him leaving the wedding next week in front of all the clans/sects to follow ZM, the mongolian princess, will have a great impact on his future. It will look bad for the Hans leader to be too close with the enemy. In the 2000 adaptation, it was one of the reason WJ couldn't continue being Ming sect leader.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, quynie said:

I don't think the kiss on the cheek scene was cut. I think that scene will be in the next episodes because WJ styling is different then before the wedding day. I just don't know how they will put that scene in because in other version, ZM left WJ without telling him and just let a letter to sau her goodbye.

I don't know if they did filmed a hot pot scene or not (the night before the wedding). I don't think there is, because that restaurant is in the capital and they are in HangZhu? now.

I'm pretty sure the kiss on the cheek scene will show on ep. 44 or 45 because you can see ZM is wearing the hair stick piece that WJ make for her and their clothing match the BBQ chicken scene. But don't know the reason why WJ have teary eyes when she kissed him.

2 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

Do you know when TVB will air.

I think on April 15th