[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

16 minutes ago, quynie said:

I like the political aspect that they put in this version. It make sense for WJ to not be able to follow his heart and leave everything for love at this moment. Like he said, how can he think about love when the country needs him.

With him leaving the wedding next week in front of all the clans/sects to follow ZM, the mongolian princess, will have a great impact on his future. It will look bad for the Hans leader to be too close with the enemy. In the 2000 adaptation, it was one of the reason WJ couldn't continue being Ming sect leader.

I would said WJ need to pick between the leader of Ming's sect or normal live with ZM. I'm sure he want to live normal life but he have too much on his shoulder. That why in other versions, ZM didn't want to force him and she just leave. If he come to find her than they will be together.

18 minutes ago, quynie said:

I like the political aspect that they put in this version. It make sense for WJ to not be able to follow his heart and leave everything for love at this moment. Like he said, how can he think about love when the country needs him.

With him leaving the wedding next week in front of all the clans/sects to follow ZM, the mongolian princess, will have a great impact on his future. It will look bad for the Hans leader to be too close with the enemy. In the 2000 adaptation, it was one of the reason WJ couldn't continue being Ming sect leader.

It's okay as long as WJ have ZM for the rest of his life:smile:

Oh man is this shaping up to be one of my favorite ZM. What I thought was weak about her, this episode she just won me over. Her by her little tiny self against ALL the members of the Ming Sect, she holds her own and has a sharp tongue. She's sassy, she's fiesty. She says what she wants and what she means with no fear. She had no fear in their territory, so it's a no brainer she had no fear of stopping that wedding. I honestly feel like this version of ZWJ is very much in love with her. The only reason they haven't harmed her was because ZWJ gave the order that they couldn't. He stopped dead in his tracks when he realized his people wanted to use ZM to assinate the emperor. He physically stopped his uncle from touching her. He gave his grandfather an attitude when he wondered what they did to make ZM leave. And that scene when everyone else is out waiting on him to have dinner with him, he personally made food for her. Oh my god that scene when ZZR caught them and ran off, ZM told him to go after her, his face was so shocked and scared like why would ZM be saying that. That was my favorite part. And the fact that ZZR committing suicide wasn't the reason they are getting married. Which I believe is the first version to not do so. ZZR said the marriage contract is now void and he had no objections to that. When his grandfather told him to get married he objected. My god it's like a mob mentality against ZM that you have to admire ZWJ's affection for her that he's very against anyone touching a hair on her head.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

Hmmmmm I have strong mixed feelings about how ZM continuously confronted ZZR. It makes her look mean. Also when she told people that ZZR was pretending, she could have explained to people something like, someone like ZZR who knows kungfu can't possibly fail at killing herself?! 

She should never have lowered herself to ZZR's level. For a smart woman like her, it seems like a bad move that wastes energy...

I too question the wisdom of ZM openly confronting ZR on more than one occasion as well but I can sort of see why they did this here. On the one hand it shows that ZM doesn't take stuff lying down and she's coming out fighting. Which certainly fits in with this ZM. And I'm also inclined to think that she's doing it not because she thinks anyone will believe her but if she can at least cast doubt and cause some confusion in the ranks she will have gained a psychological upperhand. It's a kind of strategic theatre. I also think that it's the showrunners way of demonstrating that no one is really interested in the truth of what happened on Snake Island. Except for WJ perhaps. If they can benefit from this situation, the truth doesn't matter. They've already made up their minds and she's been tried in a kangaroo court and found guilty. The reality is none of them know ZR that well... or whether she's capable of anything nefarious. Besides, it's not that long ago Er Mei and Ming were at odds with each other and now all that's forgotten because it's expedient to. 

Her question to WJ is a good one. Does the Ming sect really care about the ordinary folk? Or is it about the glory of Ming's mission? Just because he pontificates about brotherhood and loyalty... it doesn't mean everyone is of like mind. Honestly... WJ really needs her because as Zhou Dian notes, he is too good-hearted. And these grown men around her are just showing themselves to be first class idiots. No wonder Ming was in utter chaos.

The one good thing I can see that's come out of all of this is how much ZR is suffering because WJ's heart isn't with her. As I've said before for a woman to tether herself to a man who is in love with another woman... is beyond stupid. I'm glad the show doesn't skirt this. It is the highest conceit to believe that forcing him into a relationship with you can change his mind. 

I used to hear people say that you should marry a man who loves you more than you love him. Over the years... I've gradually come to see the wisdom of that.

I am so over ZR's pathetic girl act... The fake suicide was just eye-rolling stuff. I just want her humiliated. Bring on the wedding!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

There is the scene when ZM throws the sword at the title board on top, I wonder which episode will that show? Then there's parts when WJ and ZM in the house with lantern, WJ is lovingly draw ZM's eyebrow (this seems like the 3rd promise) I seen the part when WJ and ZM drive the horses together too in the mv somewhere...oh man! I can't wait to watch those scenes! :wub::wub:  By the schedule, next week will be 43- 48, so that will leave another week of Wednesday for 49 and 50? 

14 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I too question the wisdom of ZM openly confronting ZR on more than one occasion as well but I can sort of see why they did this here. On the one hand it shows that ZM doesn't take stuff lying down and she's coming out fighting. Which certainly fits in with this ZM. And I'm also inclined to think that she's doing it not because she thinks anyone will believe her but if she can at least cast doubt and cause some confusion in the ranks she will have gained a psychological upperhand. It's a kind of strategic theatre. I also think that it's the showrunners way of demonstrating that no one is really interested in the truth of what happened on Snake Island. Except for WJ perhaps. If they can benefit from this situation, the truth doesn't matter. They've already made up their minds and she's been tried in a kangaroo court and found guilty. The reality is none of them know ZR that well... or whether she's capable of anything nefarious. Besides, it's not that long ago Er Mei and Ming were at odds with each other and now all that's forgotten because it's expedient to. 

Her question to WJ is a good one. Does the Ming sect really care about the ordinary folk? Or is it about the glory of Ming's mission? Just because he pontificates about brotherhood and loyalty... it doesn't mean everyone is of like mind. Honestly... WJ really needs her because as Zhou Dian notes, he is too good-hearted. And these grown men around her are just showing themselves to be first class idiots. No wonder Ming was in utter chaos.

The one good thing I can see that's come out of all of this is how much ZR is suffering because WJ's heart isn't with her. As I've said before for a woman to tether herself to a man who is in love with another woman... is beyond stupid. I'm glad the show doesn't skirt this. It is the highest conceit to believe that forcing him into a relationship with you can change his mind. 

I used to hear people say that you should marry a man who loves you more than you love him. Over the years... I've truly come to see the wisdom of that.

I am so over ZR's pathetic girl act... The fake suicide was just eye-rolling stuff. I just want her humiliated. Bring on the wedding!

right! They just believe that ZM is evil because she's the Princess of the enemy, once who tried to capture and kill them without thinking of what's right and wrong. They are blinded by stupid thoughts like that. I like how WJ's grand-master? thinks that being in a good place ( or something like that) doesn't make you are a good person, it's how you act. 

I hate girls who act fake, crying, wanting to commit suicide every time things don't go the way they want. So pathetic and two-faces type of person. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

There is the scene when ZM throws the sword at the title board on top, I wonder which episode will that show? Then there's parts when WJ and ZM in the house with lantern, WJ is lovingly draw ZM's eyebrow (this seems like the 3rd promise) I seen the part when WJ and ZM drive the horses together too in the mv somewhere...oh man! I can't wait to watch those scenes! :wub::wub:  By the schedule, next week will be 43- 48, so that will leave another week of Wednesday for 49 and 50? 

I hope the sword throwing scene show at the last episode because I don't want them to be separated for too long.

29 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I used to hear people say that you should marry a man who loves you more than you love him. Over the years... I've gradually come to see the wisdom of that.

Yeah ZR trying to kill herself was eye-rolling, but for this version I somehow feel pity for ZR. I feel like WJ and ZR are like the same person that has divergent path. They're both orphans, respect elders and kind hearted person that do not like to kill, you can see it in the early episodes even in GMD, ZR only try to knock out her opponents. Too bad ZR has a bad influence from Miejue whom cannot believe anybody from "evil" sect can be good and anybody from "righteous" sect can be bad which kind of colored her perspective towards the world. While WJ has been on receiving end of cruelty from so called "righteous" person and kindness from "evil" person. WJ also has ZSF who always teach him to see what people do in life rather than what they preach. If only ZR has a better teacher and given time to grow without Miejue forceful personality she might not go down this road.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I hope the sword throwing scene show at the last episode because I don't want them to be separated for too long.

Should be around ep 49-50 since WJ already has a change of hairstyle and cloth again and the reason ZM throw the sword is because her dad died I think, and she partly blame WJ for his death.

8 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

or I hope the sword throwing scene doesn't show up at all. lol...It's too painful seeing ZM and WJ have to argue with each other. 

38 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

or I hope the sword throwing scene doesn't show up at all. lol...It's too painful seeing ZM and WJ have to argue with each other. 

I pretty look forward to this scene actually lol. At that time you will totally see how much he loves her

Up8 eps left for us to watch and i think it will be very worth waiting for. I also agreed with some of you posting about the truth about snake island incident is not important anymore except for ZWJ. Everyone just move on and accept the idea of unity by marrying of their leaders as quick as possible. It's like the longer he stay single he would risk the whole revolution in danger. 

Some trivial thoughts, i'd like to highlight from this week eps just for us the fill the emptiness of waiting

1. Zhou Dian seems like talking to YX that ZZR is much more beautiful than YBH. I remembered before he also said the same about ZM and YBH. YX replied in a very cool manner. I like to see their interaction always put smile in our face.

2. Amazing ZWJ can gather ex-wife(YL), fiancee(ZZR) and not-so-secret and very scandalous hot lover (ZM) in the same residence and still manage to survive. Other men will just freak out or got smashed between the girls. Natural playboy is ZWJ.

3. The scene where ZZR caught ZM and ZWJ together is so good. I just so love with ZM reaction, she should be at least concerned for ZWJ but instead she challenged both to take action. To ZZR, stop pretend like weak woman. To ZWJ, chase her if you really like her, i dare you. 

4. ZZR lousy failed suicide attempt baffled ZWJ. If ZZR is like XZ know no martial arts then it will good but ZZR knows and still failed. It's clearly just to get attention, ZWJ knew and suspect ZZR and delay the wedding. Too bad grandpa sabotage everything.

5. No pity for ZZR this time. She kind of asked to be humiliated. You know the man is not ready and still go with it.

• LOL 4