[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

I just read the recaps on Bah Doo & this scene is very important. It gives a hint to why Mika & DoHa’s fate Are intertwined. Long ago we had an IG post where we saw that Mika was eating ice cream in Myeondong  & bumped into DoHa & they didn’t know each other & we all thought in the future they will not know each other. Not true . This scene was actually a flashback scene from over a year ago when she suddenly realised she was dying when she bumped into DoHa & she saw her clock . Watch it . Tell me what you think 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, triplem said:

I just read the recaps on Bah Doo & this scene is very important. It gives a hint to why Mika & DoHa’s fate Are intertwined. Long ago we had an IG post where we saw that Mika was eating ice cream in Myeondong  & bumped into DoHa & they didn’t know each other & we all thought in the future they will not know each other. Not true . This scene was actually a flashback scene from over a year ago when she suddenly realised she was dying when she bumped into DoHa & she saw her clock . Watch it . Tell me what you think 

So she couldn't see her clock at the beginning but he gave her the ability to see her own clock, maybe this is also the reason why she can't see his clock? I am curious about what is their connection, this kinda reminds me of Another Oh Hae Young, one of my all time favorite kdrama. I enjoyed today episode more than i expected, when they don't focus too much on the love square but on the other stories, like DH's brother the drama is really enjoyable and tomorrow episode seems to finally focus more on human life stories, in this case the bond between the two brothers and how they deal with the little time that they have left together.

3 minutes ago, Libera said:

So she couldn't see her clock at the beginning but he gave her the ability to see her own clock, maybe this is also the reason why she can't see his clock? I am curious about what is their connection, this kinda reminds me of Another Oh Hae Young, one of my all time favorite kdrama. I enjoyed today episode more than i expected, when they don't focus too much on the love square but on the other stories, like DH's brother the drama is really enjoyable and tomorrow episode seems to finally focus more on human life stories, in this case the bond between the two brothers and how they deal with the little time that they have left together.

So from what i understand she was able to see others clocks after her grandma died saving her. It was not mentioned if she could see her own. But it seems that she first saw her own after that flashback . More questions now after that scene , lol! 

Today’s episode was tinged with pain & sadness . Beth continues to rub things into  Mika’s face telling her that her fate will be similar to the ex. But it’s a lie cause it seems It was the ex that left Do Ha. So it’s not that Do ha is  commitment phobic . In fact he’s been very loyal that’s why he can’t move on . But I believe once he gets closure , he & Mika are going to be able to last the distance. She just needs to stop giving him the cold shoulder & talk things through. 

@triplem I have the impression that their meeting was fate. We shouldn't forget that after meeting him, she saved his life. Without her, he wouldn't have been able to say goodbye to his brother DS. In  my opinion, once DH witnesses his brother's death, he will realize what MK's words were true. So from my point of view, he will do anything to help her. So far, he didn't take them seriously. 

To me, it looks like DH just needed closure with his first love. Moreover, her conversation with him (based on the recap) outlined that his family meddled in her life so that she decided to leave... couldn't handle the pressure. I guess, DH has never realized the meddling of his family in his love life. But maybe I am wrong as I need to watch it with subtitles. 

16 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Man knowing she has limited time as well I protective is he going to be over her if his brother dies?

Yes. This time round it will really hit home for him when what she says about his bro comes true. So far , though he says he believed her ability to see people’s life clocks , he’s still not completely convinced. So when Hyung dies , he’s going to do everything in his power to extend her life , that’s how I see the story headed

1 minute ago, bebebisous33 said:

@triplem I have the impression that their meeting was fate. We shouldn't forget that after meeting him, she saved his life. Without her, he wouldn't have been able to say goodbye to his brother DS. In  my opinion, once DH witnesses his brother's death, he will realize what MK's words were true. So from my point of view, he will do anything to help her. So far, he didn't take them seriously. 

To me, it looks like DH just needed closure with his first love. Moreover, her conversation with him (based on the recap) outlined that his family meddled in her life so that she decided to leave... couldn't handle the pressure. I guess, DH has never realized the meddling of his family in his love life. But maybe I am wrong as I need to watch it with subtitles. 

I just saw your post after I posted.  okay we’re on the same page, Agree with you . 

From what i understood DH doesn't believe Mika and gets angry at her, in the preview for the next episode he will ask PJW to get the medical record of his brother when he will see that he is actually sick he decide to believe Mika and spend as much time possible with his brother.

Hello everyone. This is my first post in this thread. I've been following this thread for a while and so far I'm only a silent reader.  I want to share my opinion about MK and DH connection to each other from the past. I've tried to rewatch some early episodes and I've found something interesting in an episode explaining about how MK's grandma died. In the car accident scene, when you pay attention to the person inside the car, there are two persons, the driver and a young boy in the backseat of the car. I think that boy is DH.

@bedifferent  I hear you being busy. I finally caught ep 6 last night. I was away in NYC for the day over the weekend and then volunteering and catching up with friends when I could. I definitely try to live life to the fullest. 

The message of trying to do things and enjoy life. I try that in earnest. I appreciate my job allowing me to have a quality of life /work balance. I spend time with loved ones. Make sure to make time for friends and those who matter in my life. We don't have Mika or SN Halmoni's gift for seeing people's time. (I am not wanting to know that to be honest such a burden to bear.) But goes back we easily fall into or lives and always do it with the thought--there is always tomorrow, the next time, the next trip etc. But remember there might not always be that next time.Remember to be there, be present with those you love, remember to let them know how you feel and love and care for them.  I live with the thought, treat each moment as if it might be your last,  you NEVER know. I have had last interactions with others (not knowing at the time that would be the LAST time I saw that person alive.)

EP 6

SB---what they heck you had to be the second lead and profess you dislike being messy but you are going to do it ANYWAYS. You really thing getting DH's first love is really going to help you? Wow! Playing around with people's hearts is despicable. You are showing your desperation to full hilt and your cards to Mika. I really hate the UNCLASSY way you had to address her with lack of respect. As Mika's mom wishes her daughter not to be treated harshly but rude rich people, unfortunately she is being pushed around by SB. 

DH--the looks he gave his assistant WJ was funny (but WJ needed to be chastised). The jabbing at JY by DH and being upset not knowing the lead actress in the role to keep SB secret from DH----childish. But glad he went head on to him to confront it. Or how DH went to Chi Ang fully know SB was acting up and giving an offer (we don't know if took it) he couldn't refuse. You knew he loved that he potentially could uproot DH out (if he took it.) WOW! Def willing to take the risk!

DH definitely has the best cheesy lines. I wonder how much he cringes! Caught some of the BTS he is def manner man and saying the lines with a straight face. LOL. Funny how with SB he cannot be so flirty and cute and cheesy as he is with MIka. Granted SB is a means to an end to win over his Dad giving him the biz from Do Bin. But the cost for your wellbeing and happiness---yeah life goes on in the chaebol world. 

DS is so sweet. Interesting he was the middle person who got Do Bin his wife. She is so kind and too good for DB. UGGGH. Cute that DH was teasing DS that he should be careful of women. But his carefree ways definitely make you wonder something is up. (OK full disclosure I read the recap and know what is up from ep 7 before subs are up) It makes sense.  Good for him. But I think that he being back to hang with DH is good. (I love their relationship and ribbing). Rated R scene unfolding before my eyes this morning LOL to Mka changing his dressing on his stab wound.

SH and Wijin those two. Definitely feel not sure if something did or didn't go on. There is that chance, but I feel definitely a rise of a new couple and me thinks Wijin might have a slight crush on Nuna?! 

SH is such a good pal. Her wanting to check why Mika's mom was visiting DH is right. She knows how Mika's mom is into brands and a good life. It would make me worry too! I loved how she congratulated her getting the understudy role. Love these two friends wish to see more of them together.

Mika's mom won't have that relationship she had with her deceased grandmother who protected her, but I am glad she has SN Halmoni. I love strong mom and daughter bonds too (looking at Reply 1988 and Come Back Couple---cried buckets).But not expecting to see it here. I did appreciate Mika's mom standing up using her pride and not taking the MK group money from SB. (You know she loves the brands and shopping but she didn't. As I wrote before from seeing the clip before seeing the episode, she might not be the best mom but she IS still a mom. For that she has a pass from me. She really does want her to live well and have a good life and not get the stresses and difficult life if she lived with wealthy in laws who looked down at her.

'

Mika ah Mika. You had your ups and downs this episode. You got the understudy role by 1 vote (cool the woman did not make the decision and admitted Mika wasn't her choice but she gave it to a vote from everyone else). Getting cheesy lines from DH when dressing his wound. Also I liked her candor telling him she wanted to run away but decided not to when she saw him again. (Still think selfish of him to only let her go if he has a change of heart otherwise she has to STICK with him). Shouldn't she have a say? Even though she is for her life and he can stop time. As we know now, it is not her control to do it.

Really like the drama and enjoying the OST and the leads.  Thanks for letting me spaz a little here.

32 minutes ago, Libera said:

From what i understood DH doesn't believe Mika and gets angry at her, in the preview for the next episode he will ask PJW to get the medical record of his brother when he will see that he is actually sick he decide to believe Mika and spend as much time possible with his brother.

Yeah this is have to be something hard to hear so I understand him it so sad :(

On 6/11/2018 at 7:15 PM, nuraindah said:

Hello everyone. This is my first post in this thread. I've been following this thread for a while and so far I'm only a silent reader.  I want to share my opinion about MK and DH connection to each other from the past. I've tried to rewatch some early episodes and I've found something interesting in an episode explaining about how MK's grandma died. In the car accident scene, when you pay attention to the person inside the car, there are two persons, the driver and a young boy in the backseat of the car. I think that boy is DH.

I had the same idea. But the man doesn't look like DH's father. Hence I was thinking: what if Mr. Park was DH's driver in the past? He looks like him with more hair. The man has a wedding ring. 

about-time-2018-ep-7-full-engsub.jpg?resimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB9GJwNCnagDbMiPJ7tqYLee-Sung-Kyung-Lee-Sang-Yoon-Kim-Kyu-Ri.

" Id Love...  To be wrong..."

With tears in her eyes and the look and feel of am I doing the right thing which must have gone through her mind over and over before this very moment.  Telling DH her words wrapped in truth yet fully knowing and expecting the pain it would cause and the risk it could cost.  Still with courage in her heart and a sense of wanting to give DH the opportunity to give his brother the best of himself with what little time he has left.  Not just time but building memories not just for his brother but even more for himself.  The hardest thing about death is the knowledge of eternal separation and for some in not having a chance at a proper good-bye.  DH is angry and spews words of unbelief still he would have reacted to this news no different even if it hadn't come from Mika...  Waves of shock and frustration and even anger come when those words are spoken no matter where, to whom, or when...

I found myself feeling really sorry for Mika tonight maybe because her plate is full of one hurdle after the other it's seems almost nonstop.  It's like coming up for air only to have your head pushed underwater once more.  Losing her grandmother, finding out as a child she not only has a curse in seeing deaths time.  Also in knowing and seeing her own time of death as a youth when most girls are thinking about the joys and dreams of living...

She goes on to face one disappointment after another and finds a miracle of stopped time it would seem but what might seem exciting and simple at first comes with a heavy price.  That she must pay time and time again.  She didn't intend to fall in love and maybe in her mind she doesn't fully understand what love is.  Dealing with his past love loss, his persistent past fiance, and even his first love.  Now that is a triangle of terror if there ever was one!  If that's not enough add the pain in having to tell him that his brother is dying and the fear in losing him for any of the reasons above...

Not just in him not being able to stop her time but more about in having someone to hold your hand and to be there next to you.  To feel and taste a persons warmth and caring how do you return after you have had all of that...

To loneliness...

For just a moment she thought she was given the gift of hope but just as quickly as it came she is realizing how quickly it can be taken.  How hard it can be to try to hold onto something that once seemed so simple, but isn't so simple after all...

When there is only one of you and so many others pulling against you for him too...

Remember the song Mika sang during the audition at the studio? The lyrics are right on talking about her and Doha's relationship. But from whose POV...

I don't know why, my time runs different than others
The sun arises and the moon drifts
While i live a different life
It won't change, my incomprehensible fate won't change
I only walk through the darkness

But you see me
You're the first to give me your hand
My one and only love, you
Only darkness fills my world
But you came to me like a candlelight
My one and only love, you

If i can turn back the clock holding your hand
My time and fate all ticks backwards
But i know that i'm being greedy when it's all in vain
Because of me, i can't let you be trapped in a world of darkness too
Your hand that has reached mine
It's now time to take it back
Before you get hurt, you need to leave me

You made me realize what love is
Meeting you
My one and only love
My loneliness has come to a halt
The love i met beyond my fate
I will forever cherish you
I will always remember you
Thank you so much
My one and only love

@USAFarmgirl Thank you as always for your great posts. I really look forward to them from you (from other dramas ) as well as this one. Keep them coming.

I just watched ep 7 and it was doozy. OMG you articulated well all the rampant feelings that poor Mika had to bear in this episode.

Mika--you poor dear. From feeling insecure to DH first love (but did not know it at the time) as she is famous on Broadway, to noticing the changes in DH and ignoring him when her time is ticking again. But seeing DS time is fast running out and her struggle to say or not to say anything to DH.  Definitely not easy decisions indeed. I am glad that SN halmoni told her to say it to prepare the family. I understand SH was hesitant due to the backlash she could face and disbelief. Big hugs dearest Mika!

SB ugggh definitely she is driving me nutty. You really think dragging DH first love (purposely) will get everyone to come to their senses? You are toying with people and constantly harassing Mika to meet up just to find out her reaction to her "surprise gift". Then to drop the bomb she is DH first love.  uGGGH the lows you will stoop down. How much further? People are not commodities with no feelings.

DS--I love his personality. Still sad that he actually doesn't want DH to know and rather Mika to keep it a secret. Cute he called her an angel to actually see what others do not and wanted him to go to the hospital. She is in a way. She is an angel and SN trying to ease and comfort those if they can know their time. I would be shocked too to see DS as well.  She has been able to get to know him and see Dh with this hyung. Jeez, and he has less time than Mika. The suffering and disbelief that the few years he thought he would have disappeared to just 6 months but as Mika know he has less than a month. The unpredictability and how fast it spread throughout his body. No wonder when someone loses weight fast (and is not trying) not a good sign. :bawling:

JY is definitely good at what he does. He critiqued his friend and DH first love. I liked how he was clear to try to keep personal and work separate making her get a DR note. Even with the preview for ep 8, you can see he is interested in Mika with the comment smile when you sing. You look better. (Gosh, you knew something was up when he saw her in the first audition. She enthralled him even if she lacked the emotion and had good effort and techniques. Second audition got emotion just not the right type. Then he sees here again and again and they bicker. Definitely, she gets on his nerves. But ep 5 when he entered the elevator he looked MORE interested in  Mika than before when he saw her close to DH looking for his clock and he apologized for interrupting them. LOL.  Going to do a love square? LOL

Wijin totally likes SH Nuna. TOTALLY boys who like to tease the people they like. So natural. The fact he was hysterical that he accidentally sent the text and I loved how SH immediately blocked him. LOL. You know it doesn't work as the future episode they meet up again (per the pics). Definitely feel a chance of romance. WJ cares a bit much about SH Nuna. :flushed:

Mika's mom---omg . I liked how she tried to reach out to Mika. It was very sweet, she might not be able to talk easily with her mom she tried to be someone and let her know. She really does to try to show her love. Also her care about being strong to the hubby in prison and then a blubbering mess on the bus crying (wow.). Interesting WJ was wondering why she is acting strong to dad but week after leaving every time. She must really love the hubby and WJ is right. For some people, one spouse being in prison is cause for divorce or separation. But hearing her complain the buildings look dreary and worrying about dad and not wanting to let on life is hard for them, she really loves him a lot. Aww so she was an LA princess or more like accustomed to an expensive life style-no wonder. She knew Beth/SB Chanel bag etc.

DH poor guy. He is trying to avoid his first love and finally, he met up with her. He is bothered but still trying to figure things out. I appreciate him trying to talk to Mika. Good for him.  Too bad Mika keeps avoiding him but she needed to hear he was onto to her avoiding him. I liked he confronted SB and was not happy with her pulling that stunt. The fact she blatantly showed her cards and said she was also there for other reasons shows to DH she is NOT The woman he wants to be with even more so. But my heart broke for him when Mika told him about DS. Yes, he said he believed Mika about the clocks, but you knew he was humouring her. I mean he likes her and she is cute. If she spouts nonsensical stuff. Ok it is fine. But I can see him being upset talking about his fave DS hyung. I am glad she emphasized when he accused her of lying and pulling off info that is not correct. Mika rocked that moment saying she wished and hoped it was a lie and untrue. She looked too sad and upset that DH must have known her by know why would she say that?!

Previews--as we knew he would check into the situation as he would do. Then to be upset with his assistant Woojin and the brother his therapist (Who like Mika told him to get a checkup noticing the weight loss too). And to have him plea to Mika to save DS, so sad.

Mika's clock appeared when she "touched" DH, and Mika's clock stops when she is with DH, so her clock and DH have a connection. What if is DH the cause of her death? We know that Mika is healthy so she won't die from illness or natural causes but for an accident. For someone that knows exactly the moment she will die how is it possible to not avoid an accident? You just need to be extra careful, you can even just close yourself in your home, so i was thinking that maybe she can't avoid it because it's not in her control, i mean someone else will kill her. What if DH crazy ex or DH family are the ones that will kill her?

Archived