[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed episode 7 a lot. While I wished Mika had talked to Do Ha about her insecurities and Do a would've told Mika that Joon Ah is his ex I did think their reactions were very human. It also worked well as it led up to that final scene.

I felt really bad for JA being attacked by DH's family just because they were dating and I'm glad that she (so far, at least) is a nice and nuanced character. I was expecting more drama but I'm glad she and DH both handled her return pretty well.

The parts with Mika's mom was nice as well. I've really enjoyed her character and I wish there were more scenes with her and Mika.

My favorite scenes in the episodes were the once concerning Do San's illness as well as the scene where Mika tries to wash away her clock. My heart were really breaking for them as well as for DH at the end of the episode.

I just watched ep 8 in its entirety. OMG it was a sad episode but full of feels and love. I cried buckets watching the clips and teared up alot seeing DS and DH together.

Baby Wijin (cute that SH had him as Baby Wijin on her cell phone) taking his mom's nickname for him. After seeing his response of ignoring him and getting upset at Woojin interfering them (even though SH was chastising him) it was funny how he was not happy with Woojin. Yeah Baby WJ likes SH nuna for sure now.

SN Halmoni--I loved knowing how she explained how she came to love Mika and adore her. I am glad she is someone Mika can talk to comfortably. I wish Mika could do the same with her mom. but that is not something in their current relationship which you cannot force. It is what it is. Sweet how mom wanted to go to SH home to cook a meal for Mika and see how she was doing. She is a caring mom. 

I love how Mika comforted DH and was there for him. From advising DH to just honour his DS hyung's wishes to keep it a secret he knew his hyung's medical condition. He did that asking WJ to do the same. (Awww Secretary WJ the tears for DS hyung and caring for him. Even when he was yelled at by DH for not being careful watching over DS, DH said you shouldn't be sorry I am upset at myself for not being more careful).  Glad he spent more time --dates with DS hyung.  When DH offered to travel with DS--the charged looks from both brothers were full of longing, love for each other and just beautiful. The scene of them sharing the bed, OMG I had full on waterworks. Beautiful and as I wrote before, glad DH got to tell DS he was the ONE who enabled him to survive growing up in their home as not only as hyung but a loving parent both mom and dad to him too. So heartfelt and amazing wow!  Even though she doesn't cook well, the fact she and DH prepared a nice meal for DS was lovely. Or when DH was upset he was not able to protect DS hyung and thought he made things worse by asking for the photographer for the dinner and got both of them kicked out by their dad. But glad Mika was able to tell him DS hyung would be upset. You are family and go through thick and thin. He understands and she advised DH -don't dwell on the past you cannot control and guilt you have too.

Glad that Mika got good advice from Joo Na (sorry I got it wrong as Yoo Na) to be stronger, be more competitive and glad Mika showed her sharp observation skills for JN to pinpoint her weak areas. It was great that JN gave her good advice and admitted she was sensitive and was not nice to Mika. Same for JY, he is observant to know that Mika has emotions that were not apparent before as she was by the book. He noted her expressions and she sang like her character who is in love with the lead. It is true trying to manufacture feelings if you never felt them before is DIFFICULT. Now that she is feeling it and able to achieve that now, the quote JY gave her about reading between the lines, not on the score. So true. Even in life, you got to read between the lines too. It cannot always be spelled out for you. 

DH hearing DS hyung to not hate DB and dad. For DS to see and tell DH, dad knew where DS was all the time. He could not express well his affections and love to DS. Hearing before he moved to the main house, he read books and played with DS did shock DH. Wow. Hearing DB push DS down and later he confessed his loathing and hatred to DB. But later to blame himself was easier saying he could have been nicer to DB, DS you are too much of an angel. OMG. To worry about DH and go get drinks to make sure to talk to Mika to know she is great for DH and vice versa but ask she sticks it out. Sigh. Or talking to DB to not be rash or rude as he is with DS to DH (as he won't let it go ) to the money DS asked for . I wonder if it is something to do with charitable works as he had those pics of travel and memories he cherished while reading that poem. (Ok missing A poem and day drama---beautiful poem). Always good to remind you to appreciate everything and every moment. As you look back on a full life, every point was a flower in your life. Wow, such true words you don't always appreciate at the time but it is.

This drama is sad, happy and full of emotions and feels. Again reminding us life is full of obstacles and not easy. but cherish those you love and spend time. Glad DH got to spend precious time with DS and he listened to Mika. I know too many people in my life regretful to not spend more time with loved ones.

Yesterday was last day of shooting.

"About Time shooting end, thank you to all everyone. #themomentyouwanttostopabouttime"

Viki will release the interview with Lee Sung Kyung and Lee Sang Yoon on June 18 on Facebook.

DfhZd7IXcAEXe1o.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo5XoVjTuyxuG2dp4xr5Z   Sometimes the cruel words you say without thought...

And the harsh things that you've done will find their way back to you.  One way or the other no matter how bad you are.  You will remember...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn46NG64uFnBknAPbZ9qj   DS what an amazing character, whom I am going to miss...

Deaths knowledge can give you the courage to say words beyond yourself.   To warn and protect the brother you love.  To take what ever time you have and make it count for not only you but those you love... Yet there is such great fear in knowing your time is running out and I thought to myself for DS it's just been a short time that he has known but for Mika it's been years...  I can hardly wrap my heart or mind around that much fear...

about-time-2.jpg?w=496&h=278  How many times has Mika since receiving this curse...

Felt or heard within her mind through the years...  What can I do...  What can I change... How can I make it easier...  How tiring it would be that every person their time of death you would see.  With a heart like hers who has little money or even time of her own.  Still when looking back I admire how she made every effort to make a difference.  Reminding a husband how much he loves his wife and how thankful he is.  To making a trade with something of her own for a bar of chocolate.  To risking her own life to save a man with a knife.  These are just a few but in knowing her there were so many more.  Even when thinking about DS and having to tell DH how hurtful it is to speak those words knowing every word is like a cut to DH's heart...   The worst part is knowing she can't change what is meant to be...

A little early but I can't help in thinking that in learning that she is stealing DH's time and in knowing her, the way she is... She won't stay.  But within mine I hope that there is a way whether it's being completely in love at the same time or some other miracle I hope they find it...

Still another part of me wonders if the point is in being thankful and realizing that what ever time you have had together. Is already a miracle in itself.   The changes and memories that they have already given each other.  The laughter and tears that have already been shared.  The love and warmth in having someone beside you even for a brief moment.

It isn't only priceless for some it's rare...

Just finish ep8 - pretty intense.... good bye hyung! Sigh... at least the father took the family photo in the end as requested, regret forever? ... sigh...

Surprised to see the drama has finish shooting, didnt realise they started back in January and now is June. 5 months of filming, looking fwd to see the rest of the episodes and possibly with LSY's hair up? :)

thanks @bebebisous33 for editing the earlier comment :)

@USAFarmgirl Awww thanks for  your post. I am going to miss DS alot. I cried buckets watching the clips when I was at work for ep8 and again got teary when watching it at night later in the day. So poignant and makes me love Mika and DS alot. Cherish those you love. DB was such a Richard Simmons. He was right on his guess at the dinner table (but he wouldn't know it at the time) still even if he did, would he have acted differently? Probably not.

Mika oh Mika--you pointed out her selflessness and like SN Halmoni try to console, comfort those with not much time left due to their abilities to see their time clocks. It was even more sad seeing Mika be upset and desperately trying to wash off her time clock when she first saw it. The pain, suffering and desperation. She had plenty of time to deal with it unlike DS who is thrust into being told from a few years of life to a few months by the doctor (when we know from Mika even less than the 6 mos estimate but 1 month). 

The actor as DS is really good. He and DH were so on par of their love and care for each other, you have to be a block of ice to not feel anything the last episode.He will be missed.

Next to tackle the love for DH and how will JN be towards Mika once she finds out she is the one DH likes/loves? Will JN come clean to DH? Mika though she loves /cares for DH she is on a limited time as she is taking from DH. (This was not surprising as a few people's theories beforehand said as much.) Nothing is for FREE in life and to gain time on your clock, something has to be taken from somewhere else so that made sense. It rots but it makes sense.

DH was torn up about JN leaving him without a word. But it is the classic trope from Kdrama. The rich parents bully the poor gf/bf to leave their child as they are not worthy. If they don't not leave without a trace (either taking money with them to settle abroad and start a life/education etc) their lives if staying with their child will be destroyed--career/ruin family etc and life will be hell otherwise).  So cannot blame JN for doing it. But 5 yrs is a long time to expect the love of your life to not be with someone or to not move on. JN seems like a decent person and not as conniving as SB/Beth. Still, she has her scars too from her relationship with DH. I hope she can be still decent to Mika with respect and not go on a crazy rampage and hostile or mean to her. 

We are at the halfway point so def the love situation with DH and his heart and Mika's clock are still main. What else will they put in to put more drama? JY has possible interest in Mika but he won't do much as he sees she is not interested? Baby Wijin likes SH nuna, will she even see him as a MAN not as the lil bro of her Bestie Mika? (I mean he is cute but too immature and def not the vibes of JH in the recent ended drama Something in the Rain.)

Though I felt sad for the dad over DS, still that was crappy and had to take his DEATH for him to fulfill DS request for a family pic. His request you would think was asking for the moon. Some people do love you ie parents but don't know how to say it in a loving manner and just hurl hurtful words. Let's just say I know from experience about this a lot, just the mere fact you exist they have to control and say hurtful things. No MATTER what you do! It is toxic, tiring and not fun. Cannot blame DS trying but going away knowing how his dad and DB were about DS. Sad it took death to be fully acknowledged by his dad legally and to the world.

@USAFarmgirl @Nodame No wonder why LDH still wet his bed, when he was 10 years old. Usually, it is connected to the family: issues with the father or mother. When LDH said that DS was his brother, mother and father, it illustrates how lonely LDH felt. Despite living with his family, he grew up in a cold environment. I sense that LDH has been longing for love, warmth and acceptance which only DS could give him. This explains too why LDH's first love hurt him so much, when she disappeared. The man had been longing for it hence loving someone must have meant the world to him. 

Nevertheless, KJN tried to commit suicide before she left him, which indicates that KJN's love for LDH was not so strong compared to her determination to become a successful singer. She didn't care about LDH's feelings, when she attempted to cut her wrist. 

As for SB, although she knew that DS was sick, we didn't see her meeting DS at all. She didn't try to help LDH to overcome DS's death. 

@bebebisous33  Well said my friend!  I have a day to myself and here I am playing catch up everywhere and yet I couldn't help in watching this episode more than once.  I think the second time made me even sadder than the first.  I truly am going to miss DS the real world could use more people like him. The brotherly bed scene will be remembered for a while seeing DS laying there and that teardrop falling from the end of his eye.   Even later seeing DH thanking him, loving him, and already missing him so much.  With his hand over his mouth as if it could hold back his brokenness that overflowed from inside...

Every drama that we remember has that gem of a scene that swept you up and held you within the palm of it's story.  Covered & clasped you through its characters, their actions and words.  DS telling DH in a sense to not waste time hating or blaming.  For it's easier to blame yourself than others and less painful too.  I loved that his words were not only filled with honesty and truth but they were to the end filled with love and thankfulness for DH.  Dang... DS was as selfless as they come and he asked for only one thing for himself a family picture.  Not for recognition to gain value or power in being a son but instead maybe in his heart to at least be remembered as one...

Even the money he asked for was not for himself but for a sister-in-law whom I have a feeling he wanted to gift her with something of value for herself.  For what ever reason maybe even his hidden love.  He wanted to protect her by giving her words of courage and leaving her a way in remembering who she once was...

@Nodame Thank you for always inspiring others with your kind words...:heart:

@USAFarmgirl Awww thank YOU for the kind words. I am always in awe of your eloquence and thoroughly enjoy what you write always. Same for @bebebisous33 for your insights as well. I always am happy to see you in the forums if I am lurking or participating.

I agree, all dramas have something that impacts you in a strong way. Thinking back, for me familial ties, love , loyalty or friends who are so trusting and in good and awesome friendships get me klempt. (Reply 1988 ---had me crying buckets of sadness, joy and envy of the mom's and the kid's close ties with each other as I never got that in my life. I cherished those bonds more than the husband hunt to be honest. That OST still slays me.) So here with DS and DH, I am so HAPPY they spent time together and yes the scene they shared the bed (I watched NUMEROUS times and each time I am teary.) Usually it is a kiss scene I have on repeat, but this had all the feels and so glad DH could share the importance of DS to him. I agree @bebebisous33 the bed wetting was totally family related and the stress he felt from his family. So glad he had the warmth of DS in his life. The abandonment issues from JN leaving him. Yeah,I concur his love was not enough for the both of them. She had ambition and wanted a better life. (I cannot fault her on it, but she was desperate and she needed to get her life in control and not be controlled by DH chaebol and controlling family.) 

Yes DS is a saint in my book. It is hard not to hate and he rightfully so could have been extremely bitter to DB. But to actually blame himself and wish he treated him better. Wow his selflessness ----gosh getting teary writing this. Just so glad he was in this drama and made such a deep impact. I read some fans not loving this heaviness. But I am ok with it and appreciate that reality and fragility of life. We need to be reminded. We are always easily caught up in the monotony of our everyday lives. Even though we know spending time with loved ones etc is important, we forget to smell the roses and flowers. (I know I am guilty as anyone else.) So that poem about flowers and being a flower at ALL points of your life. We GOT to remember to get out and cherish, smell the roses and be PRESENT. Now more than ever with so much technological advances and distractions, being present with those with you IRL is more important.

Thankful for Soompi Forums and the great contributors and other kdrama fans here from all over the world that keep this fan in Boston happy.  Now back to work! 

Archived