[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

During the fight with Luo Mingxuan, they cut out the bit  of dialogue that occurs after he reveals the reason she was born a Demon. This was because Zhao Yao lived on the mountain cursed by the Demon King. She was supposed to tell him she was glad that out of all the generations of the Luo family guarding the Demon Kings son she was the only one who has actually met him ( ummm that means Mo Qing is ancient!)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for all the recap and summary!!! @frostflower14 Thank you for the translation for character profile!!

I decided to sleep yesterday instead of staying awake until midnight to wait for episode 29-30 upload since based on @DontEatMyKimchi short recap, the episodes are not that worth of me loss sleep and become zombie in work so .....

But, it seems tonight episodes will be worth of me staying awake (not to mention tomorrow is a national holiday in my country, yay!). I am okay with the flashback as long as the flash back is about our main couple, which it is :wub:. I hope they are not stopping to just kissing. I don't ask they show the deed onscreen, but I hope the drama will give us hint. And very much looking forward to how Bai Lu express Zhao Yao shock when she realizes what she has done to Mo Qing, hahahahaha! Please, let it be in tonight episodes!! And since the drama keeps the fact that Zhao Yao needs to marry the chubby scholar, I am also looking forward to Li Chen Lan reaction on that.

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

One of my favourite moments so far is the scene in ep 21 where Zhao Yao has to placate Li Chen Lan because he was still angry she had not apologised for striking a deal with Jiang Wu and holding his hand. The part he was most concerned about was that his woman had touched another man!

Zhao Yao has to ask for Li Chen Lan’s help to investigate Jian Xin Men so she barges into his office, even after being told by one the guards that The Sect Leader was resting and she should come back tomorrow . She asks the guard, “How do you know Sect Leader is resting? Did you sleep with him? (LOL bl joke)Or did he write you a letter telling you so?”

Zhao Yao tells Li Chen Lan that she had come to express her feelings. She tells him “Shifu, I love you. I know you misunderstood that I was scheming with Jiang Wu but in that situation  I could only say that to save Xi Shan Zhu. I have no feelings for Jiang Wu, Shifu the one I whole heartedly love is you.” He asks how much does she love him? She replies,” More than the eagle(or hawk basically some kind of bird of prey) loves the wide sky and more than the wild horse love the grasslands. Basically, I don’t love Jiang Wu.” Since he is pleased with her answer, Li Chen Lan asks what she wants from him and she tells him on Zhi Yan’s behalf that she want to go to Jin Zhu City but it is too dangerous for her to go alone so she wants him to come with her.

This is my favourite scene too! Especially the part where MQ asked her how much does she love him!!! :heart:

When Zhi Yan knew of it, she was so shocked that ZY confessed just like that and is blatantly using him that she never thought MQ will agree to go with them. So when MQ came to fetch them to go, Zhi Yan was like "Heavens, he actually agrees. To think such a thing can happen!!" :D

Found the trailer for tonight’s episodes, I so can’t wait till I get home from work. Looks like 32 will include the “One Night of Passion” everyone is waiting for! I think it’s even referred to in the main theme song: 一夜如梦 心中住魔咒 (One night like a dream, my heart is under a spell/ spellbound).

52 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

Looks like 32 will include the “One Night of Passion” everyone is waiting for! I think it’s even referred to in the main theme song: 一夜如梦 心中住魔咒 (One night like a dream, my heart is under a spell/ spellbound).

I love how everyone is calling it 一夜荒唐 in Chinese, which means "A night of outrage/absurdity".

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I recently finished the novel and am interested in watching the drama but I heard that there's different cuts depending on where you watch? May I know if the Youtube version is the one that has everything? Thanks so much in advance!

16 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Male friend level: 5 stars :lol:

i remember when SMR and MQ were talking about the rumour that ZY and QQX has a thing going on (because she kidnapped him for 2 days), and MQ was jealous so he likes “cant trust Jianghu’s gossips!” And SMR is like “guess so, after all there is rumours of me and you, of you and Southern leader (the medicine guy), ...”

i think there is one more, but they are all male and male, suggestive of BL for the fanfic :lol:

Nearly forgot that I want to reply to you regarding this post. That is what you get when you wake up in the morning and get a number of posts to read and then try to cram all the respond into a single post :lol:.

Honestly I would love of the drama adds some flashback for Li Chen Lan - Sima Rong. Like a background on how they got really close. We need to remember that Li Chen Lan was quite adamant of not telling his true name to Zhao Yao (hence the name Mo Qing came out). However, judging from the way Sima Rong called him Chen Lan so intimately, I think Sima Rong must have use this name very early on in their relationship. I think this is interesting. Moreover, based on their conversation regarding Zhao Yao, Sima Rong knows of Li Chen Lan infatuation toward her. I guess this martial brothers relationship must be very close for Li Chen Lan to tell Sima Rong about his feeling. Also, Sima Rong has never blamed Li Chen Lan on Zhao Yao death.

Li Chen Lan and Gu Han Guang relationship is also very interesting. Their way of converse and act toward each other kind of hinting that there is a history between them. Different with Lu Shi Qi (East Mountain Lord) and Yuan Ji (North Mountain Lord), Gu Han Guang seems to not care about the "fact" that Li Chen Lan killed Zhao Yao. Instead, he treated Li Chen Lan cordially (seems the same as he would treat Zhao Yao) and even worried about him. I enjoy every banter between these two. Gu Han Guang always act as if he doesn't want to care whether Li Chen Lan dies or lives, but his every acts say otherwise. Well, no wonder people will gossip about them B)

@ilovetea Unfortunately, the Youtube version is the one with bad cut and editing.

They nerfed the fight with LMX. Perhaps they spend too much budget on the relic arc. 

Spoiler

LMX IS STILL ALIVE. I guess the rumours on weibo were true. There will be a 3rd LMX revival arc. 

tumblr_pnt2v2AvBW1u1iqoao2_540.png

mo qing is tied to the pillar that is in front of the light blue people that look like a bunch of lanterns

tumblr_pnt2v2AvBW1u1iqoao1_540.png

I feel like the TV ver cut some kiss scenes. The actors + ress did a good job but ITS TOO SHORT!! Have to check out the DVD vers later.  

TV preview 1 +2 

Web Preview 1

Web preview 2

BTS- kiss goodbye

Full kiss scene cut 1080p

tumblr_pnyeurwCEV1u1iqoao3_r1_250.jpgtumblr_pnyeurwCEV1u1iqoao2_r1_250.jpgtumblr_pnyeurwCEV1u1iqoao4_r1_250.jpgtumblr_pnyeurwCEV1u1iqoao6_r1_250.jpg

tumblr_pnyeurwCEV1u1iqoao5_r1_250.jpgtumblr_pnyeurwCEV1u1iqoao1_r1_250.jpg

Full res

tumblr_pnyfg9imeA1u1iqoao3_540.jpg

tumblr_pnyfg9imeA1u1iqoao2_540.jpg

3 hours ago, xienrue said:

@ilovetea Unfortunately, the Youtube version is the one with bad cut and editing.

Darn, do you know where I can watch the one with a better editing?

Edit: I went to compare the Youtube version with the iQiyi version and it seems that except for Ep 1, 19 and 20, the rest of the Eps all had the same length (some had a 1/2 sec diff but it's negligible).

Youtube:

Ep 1: 55:23 (Not sure why this is longer)

Ep 19: 36:05

Ep 20: 38:44

iQiyi:

Ep 1: 53:17

Ep 19: 42:01

Ep 20: 43:32

The night of outrage!

http://t.cn/EIQ3fS1?m=4346984372485564&u=7002650538

And I stole this from Bai Lu's Weibo

9bf2cd1ely1g0th3kzk8wj20u024e7iu.jpg

Person involved: At that time, I was erm... a little drunk.

Male involved: I was scared out of my wits.

Person involved: Regret. So much regret.

Male involved: I was overwhelmed and couldn't control myself.

Why? Why?! I told myself to embrace for disappointment but this is way beyond disappointing. I really need someone to summarize or recapped what happened in 31 & 32, more especially on what LZY said about LCL after realizing what had happened in the bronze mirror. I am confused about the body and about JW. Is he LZY or QQL mo xin? It seems like from LZY because the black aura came out of her ice block. I know people are saying it’s from QQL .. after episode 32, I’m confused. Someone was saying that the body switching is different from the novel. So for the drama, is it her body? Or soul? Cuz it’s not in the cave?! :dissapointed_relieved:..the deep kiss after LCL give in to LZY would’ve been better if it wasn’t showing in the mirror and show it to the audience in the screen. Disappointing as I am, I’m looking forward to next week episodes to their love blossoming since LZY realizes his love. I guess I just have a lot of questions...:cold_sweat:

The fighting isn't as good as I am hoping it to be, but i m glad we can move on for now! It seems that only A Da asked the absolutely logical question (for those that are not in the loop anyway), like how did the other Zhi Yan become ZY. He was so confused as he watched over MQ :D

Speed watching through ep 32, omg those moments shown through the mirror are so sweet! Urgh i need to go sleep and watch in detail tomorrow... 

I highly recommend rewatching the DVD version on iQiyi.  The editing in the web ver is terrible, the flow of the drama is completely disturbed. What's the point of moving the some clips before the opening song?  
Note on the DVD ver: It's one episode late. So, the kiss ep (32ep in TV/WEB) will be up NEXT WEEK. Meanwhile, if you want to see the full unsegmented video <12min> / <3min>

31 minutes ago, Vang Xiong said:

Why? Why?! I told myself to embrace for disappointment but this is way beyond disappointing. I really need someone to summarize or recapped what happened in 31 & 32, more especially on what LZY said about LCL after realizing what had happened in the bronze mirror. I am confused about the body and about JW. Is he LZY or QQL mo xin? It seems like from LZY because the black aura came out of her ice block. I know people are saying it’s from QQL .. after episode 32, I’m confused. Someone was saying that the body switching is different from the novel. So for the drama, is it her body? Or soul? Cuz it’s not in the cave?! :dissapointed_relieved:..the deep kiss after LCL give in to LZY would’ve been better if it wasn’t showing in the mirror and show it to the audience in the screen. Disappointing as I am, I’m looking forward to next week episodes to their love blossoming since LZY realizes his love. I guess I just have a lot of questions...:cold_sweat:

I know! But even if it’s blurred out by being in the mirror (the details ain’t as vivid), it’s still smoking hot! Love the way he caress her as they locked lips xD because of how hot it is... I kinda forgive them a bit lol :lol: also we have the leak of the actual footage! I’ll live if I get to see it on YouTube in an mv somewhere :lol:

9 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

I wish I could get an iQiyi VIP account but for us Non-Chinese it isn't really something possible. So we have to use sucking YT version for using something legal.:tears:

You dont need a VIP to watch. Ep 31 is available to non-vips tomr and Ep 32 the day after tomr

There is also an oversea pay option if you cant wait. PAYPAL, VISA, and.. dont remember but the biggest problem is there is an automatic renewal. You have to disable that but its written in chinese. 

You can say something for sure: BL doesn't shy from a kiss when it is needed. And kudos for the director giving us a believable scene since old ZY surely would guide while seducing (kissing). Sweet kisses are coming since she started to fall in love...so I think that will be the only meat we get.

Tonight episodes are worth of me staying late:). But the waiting game is re-started .....:tears: Sigh ....

@Alila Nguyen I agree with you that the drunk kissing scene is hot. Really like how Mo Qing hand moves around Zhao Yao body. And I think the drama gives us the hint that they did the deed because in the morning we see that Mo Qing outer clothes are off his body. By the way, what is this leak of footage that you are talking about?

Next week seems interesting with Yuan Ji out of prison. I wish that the drama made Zhao Yao give him the punishment. Now Zhao Yao already realize her feeling toward Li Chen Lan, it would not be logical if she can endure Yuan Ji hurts Li Chen Lan again and again, especially in Li Chen Lan current body condition.

Archived