[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019-20] Sword Dynasty 剑王朝

sugarplum892

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/14/2019 at 5:28 AM, MidnightRain said:

@Jason 

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, there is romance between Ding Ning and Qian Xue.

@a_tumiwa Heng Kingdom is the one on the far left. 

Hello @MidnightRain

Does the Empress/Concubine love the Emperor???

To be honest, I am not feeling their love for each other. It seems more one sided. Am I wrong 

@crackaddict Your theory would be a nice surprise. After no one knew of his existence. In episode 8 how could a boy like him recognize the fragrance on the napki and know it is from the palace. It is quite suspicious. Lol 

Spoiler

I'm on episode 16 and am starting to have suspicions around DN's identity... actually I feel all viewers should as we saw him confused, like he was just birthed outta the giant cocoon.

20 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

I'm confused, the empress is not the ex-wife of Ding Ning's master, Jing Meng? The ex-wife is Ye Ce Leng? 

The actresses look similar, so I'm confused?

She is the ex wife of Ding Ning’s master. @rosierosie.

I too am confused with this character. I don’t know if it is the acting but she doesn’t look like she is in love with the Emperor. Sometimes she acts afraid or just to rigid with himZ 

59 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

I'm confused, the empress is not the ex-wife of Ding Ning's master, Jing Meng? The ex-wife is Ye Ce Leng? 

The actresses look similar, so I'm confused?

No, the empress is the ex-lover of Liang Jingmeng. Ye Celeng was his disciple (though she might also harbored some feelings to LJM).

@UnniSarah Nope, the Empress does not love the Emperor in the novel. She's with him because she's power hungry and Liang Jing Meng had made it clear that he's not interested in harboring power for himself. Also the Emperor does not love her either, she's just something that he stole from Liang Jing Meng, to prove that he's better because he was crazy jealous of Liang Jing Meng. 

15 minutes ago, MidnightRain said:

@UnniSarah Nope, the Empress does not love the Emperor in the novel. She's with him because she's power hungry and Liang Jing Meng had made it clear that he's not interested in harboring power for himself. Also the Emperor does not love her either, she's just something that he stole from Liang Jing Meng, to prove that he's better because he was crazy jealous of Liang Jing Meng. 

Hi  @MidnightRain what is the title of the novel. I want to add it to my library of novels needed to be read. 

15 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Damn, that's cold haha. No wonder why the don't trust each other at all. Feel bad for the crown prince. I think he's the crown prince...I mean the nice prince who befriends Ding Ning. 

3 hours ago, crackaddict said:

Damn, that's cold haha. No wonder why the don't trust each other at all. Feel bad for the crown prince. I think he's the crown prince...I mean the nice prince who befriends Ding Ning. 

Yeah, he's completely different from his parents. :lol:

Also, how can the Emperor and Empress trust each other? One betrayed their lover and the other betrayed their best friend and closest ally. And the thing is, Liang Jing Meng was completely loyal to them yet they stab him in the back and killed him. The betrayal may have brought them together but they are also wary of each other because they know what the other is capable of. 

22 minutes ago, a_tumiwa said:

what does fish market looks like in the novel? the market is really strange, it's like an empty place without no one buy-sell transaction 

In the novel, the fish market is a place mainly for black market transactions. They're the middle man, so it adds to the anonymity and hence security for the buyer and the seller. 

On 12/19/2019 at 3:05 AM, MidnightRain said:

15 hours ago, MidnightRain said:
18 hours ago, crackaddict said:

Yeah, he's completely different from his parents. :lol:

Also, how can the Emperor and Empress trust each other? One betrayed their lover and the other betrayed their best friend and closest ally. And the thing is, Liang Jing Meng was completely loyal to them yet they stab him in the back and killed him. The betrayal may have brought them together but they are also wary of each other because they know what the other is capable of. 

Okay hold up, Now I'm confused also. I thought the girl that's in charge of that brigade was the one that betrayed him.. Do I need to go back and rewatch .. :confused:

If they are the CP parents no wonder he looked so scared to drink the wine offered by the emperor.. I thought some of the courtiers was going to die afterwards..  

3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Okay hold up, Now I'm confused also. I thought the girl that's in charge of that brigade was the one that betrayed him.. Do I need to go back and rewatch .. :confused:

If they are the CP parents no wonder he looked so scared to drink the wine offered by the emperor.. I thought some of the courtiers was going to die afterwards..  

The Emperor and Empress betrayed him in ep 1 or 2, when they drugged him at that party in the flashback. The girl in charge of the brigade, Ye Ce Leng, was his disciple and is completely loyal and devoted to Liang Jing Meng. She didn't do anything when she saw him fighting at the end before he turned to dust was because it's too late. Instead of dying with him, she went on to protect the kingdom that he helped expand and to wait for chance to avenge him.

Ding Ning = disciple of JingMeng and the only successor of silkworm martial arts

Ye Ce Leng = also disciple of JingMeng , but never taught silkworm martial arts

so we can say that they are martial arts siblings that never met each other 

The Empress' surname also "Ye" , so yes both women have surname Ye and have similar face, and also work for Heng kingdoms, also both have relation with JingMeng, so it's common if you feel confuse 

Catching up on the latest episode releases of 22+ and... finally DN makes sense. 

PUWAHAHA!!!!! 

At first, I was just really watching for the action (while waiting for Joy of Life subs), but I've really warmed up to characters like Ye Celeng, Bai Shanshui, and xiao yi and the White Goat Cave crew. I appreciate that xiao yi is showing more warmth to DN after  seeing the increasing toll this revenge quest is taking on him.

I also can't believe how incredibly petty and narrow minded Heng Wang is...

On 12/16/2019 at 5:09 PM, Salmonela said:

is there going to be any romance between ye celeng and ding ning. the scene in episode 14 confused me, ding ning reached for head but then ended up patting her on the shoulder instead?

No, I don't think so. First, DN likes/loves his aunt. Secondly, Ye Celeng liked Jing Meng (DN's master). I think DN"s patted her shoulder for emotional support-as she was reflecting her past with their master. Perhaps, reaching for her head might be disrespectful, as she is older than him. Usually, older people pat younger people's head as a sign of affection. In this scene, DN opted for the pat in the shoulder, as opposed to touching for head, since he is younger. 

edit: After watching ep 23 and 24, I think DN knows that he is 

Spoiler

Jiang JingMing?? 

Perhaps, that's why he retrieved his hand from touching her head; as to not reveal that he is 

Spoiler

Jiang JingMeng??? Because Ye Celeng was a dear disciple of his.

I'm confused?? How is he 

Spoiler

reborn??

It looks like his special inherit power "nine web" something went into the egg, and that's when we see Ding Ning came out of the egg web shell. So, all this time, did Ding Ning

Spoiler

knows that he was Fiang JingMing all this time? 

Or did he only know when he went to the cave for the life-sustaining elixir, and he recovered

Spoiler

his memory loss? 

edit: After watching ep 24, it's nice to see the sweet moment between Ding Ning and QX (aunt). I know this drama is heavily on revenge, and not much on romance....So I can't complained. The fighting scenes are well executed, and good. Looking forward to see the doomsday for the King and Queen. They are so evil!!!

Archived