[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

18 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

First of all, please forgive me. I am totally confused about the Cafe deal.:wacko: Can someone enlighten me?

MY gave a cafe to SH and KS. But KH's momma was mad that it wasn't some kind of first-class turnkey place. (how ungrateful!!)

So what is the deal with KS's salary being the collateral? Is KS going to pay MY back for the cafe with 10 years of his salary?!? Are SH and KS going to work at their respective current jobs while his Momma runs the cafe? Will they work the weekend at the cafe? How is that gonna work if SH ever has a child?

I thought the cafe was for SH and KS and not KS's Momma. Is it in a bad neighborhood? Will it be demolished when the redevelopment starts and then renovated? What is going on? 

You are right about all of them.  Since SH did not want to receive anything from MY, and KS mom did this behind her back and SH found out about it later, and asked MY why she agreed to give the cafe, and MY said that she would have a easier life with her mother in law.  Tying KS salary to it , must have been SH idea.  MIL and DIL are having a war.  She wants to make KS mother work and earn and learn how difficult it must have been for MY to get those.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its proposal day

Ep 44

• MY undergo tests to find out her illness, during this time MS/HS talk about her father etc. HS thanks MS for telling him etc, MS says sorry for his earlier behavior etc and HS lets him off.  After the tests MY talks to her doctor worried about everything and comes home thinking as to what he said.  MY arrives home, HS asks where she was and she comes up with an excuse which he accepts.  At home the Park family treats MY as one of them to the point that HS takes her to their room, they talk happily there.
  • JH/YH talk about their respective relationships, its an awkward talk as JH is hoping to get ET/YH on their side when the connection is fully revealed to the elders.  JH/DY are concerned that they will be told to break up.
  • JJH stops by ES’s school, where she sees ES get in a heated talk with the boy.  ES greets JJH and tells her about it etc.  JJH gives some advice which has ES crying she tries to appease ES by making weird faces, making ES laugh this is seen by CK.  CK/JJH talk later, in which he tells her that her actions are strange etc.  she is upset with him and he is sarcastic.
  • MY is using a pen recorder to state what she is to do, she is contacted about her results. The doctor tells MY what her illness is, seems to be treatable and advises her what she should do.  MY leaves the hospital relieved and goes somewhere to play the piano.  While playing, HS has done making MY’s shoes, YH is looking at couple rings, smiling, she talks briefly with HS in her room.
  • ET is working to which MY is on that list of subjects of Lewy (I think), HS stops by seeking advice as to how to propose to MY.  ET thinks about his casual proposals to YH with embarrassment, he does not tell HS much but that it should be done from the heart and thinks about YH/proposals.  HS continues talking happily while ET is ashamed of himself.
  • ET later meets YH, he talks about his actions relating marriage, rings etc. to which YH  says its about the heart etc. it’s a teasing moment before she leaves.
  • JH/HH are comfortable at MS’s house, they talk about the upcoming proposal with MY/HS, it’s a light but fun talk with all 3 which ended when the ex arrives.  JH/HH greet the ex and leave the house, they talk about him.  The ex teases MS calling him a mama’s boy etc and lets him know that he is moving out etc.  The ex is hunting for Yang.
  • MS/MY later meet, she asks about Yang, but does not get much info from MS.  MY recalls the end of her friendship with Yang.  There is an opening ceremony of a home store for YL Group, Yang is there in the background looking in.  MY proudly watches MS who was the guide for the clients, while there she sees Yang, goes after him but misses him as he is taken by the ex. Yang and the ex have a talk in which the ex makes a proposal which includes MY etc Still not clear as to the ex’s agenda
  • WAM is at café class, not/refusing to learning anything, at the café she/KS talk about SH and the café.  At home SH gives WAM a list of things that need to be done, its war between the women, KS goes to their room after the women talk. SH/KS are okay with her receiving KS’s support.
  • Outside the hospital, ET realizing that YH is still upset with him admits that he is clueless when it comes to romance and asks for another chance.  YH tells him to hold out his hand and puts a couple ring on his finger etc.  he is touched and does the same and asks her to marry him to which she accepts.  They are holding hands and smiling.
  • Its JH/DY vs ET/YH in their objective of getting relationship consent.  JH meets ET in which ET shows the ring to JH, it’s a funny talk and a replay of ET interrogation of JH when he was considering DY etc and its now payback with ET being the recipient.  JH asks for a favour.  DY tries to sweeten YH as well.  ET/YH meet to discuss JH/DY and the issues with this.
  • MS takes MY to Nsmsan and wishes her happiness, MY says no matter what she will be happy and walks to meet HS, she remembers the past when this happen.  HS gives MY flowers and the wedding shoes and officially proposes to her, they hug.  At home, YH tells SH/HH/JH that its time to call MY mother etc.
  • HS/MY are happy in their room wearing rings in their bed, talking about the wedding etc.  MY recalls an earlier talk between wearing their couple shirts. The next day, HS/MY go wedding dress shopping, MY puts on the dress and the shoe is about to be presented to HS but she disappears. MY had another one of those out of it episodes, walking in a daze in the rain, HS could not find her. 
  • MY comes to her home wet, only to see her ex and kicks him out.  HS finds out that she is at her house, MY does not say anything but is thinking, HS arrives worried asking questions but she could not answer.  Show ends

Preview

• ET/YH relationship is up for discussion along with keeping JH/DY dating connection a secret from JJH
  • MY visits her doctor
  • ET sees MY’s name on the list and wonder if it is her
  • MY’s actions is affecting HS, who touches the I love you teddy bear
  • The ex finds out about MY’s health as he came to the house when she is in daze mode

Thoughts

The ex’s agenda is still not clear but one thing is sure and that is he plans to do whatever it is with Yang, the subs may help somewhat.  It just dawned on me that for the most part ET/YH are a very casual couple and though they care for each other a lot I do not think they really know each other per se, this is when I compare HS/MY to them, there are more normal moments than special moments to me.    In a way I think this was purposely done to show the difference between YH's old life which was full of formality and restrictions while her new/present life is clearly not and how that influences them as a couple and others.  Because of this casualness, I am not sure we as viewers will see a formal wedding ceremony for this pair.  Since divorcing there was only one time YH dressed and that was to help ET out with obtaining funds for his charity. JH/DY although they are strong are understandably nervous as they tend to lean towards the principle of listening to/obeying elders which may be to their detriment. 

HH is shown to seek MY’s advice in making money, may see the results of that soon.  MS has shown a bit of maturity when it comes to HS/MY ‘s relationship as he has seen how happy MY is and accepts it.  I really hope that ex does not harm MY because if he does, he definitely will have MS to contend with and lose his son in the process. By the way, I think he and ES are the breakout stars for the drama based on the responses form the viewers on the characters.  One is too adorable, the other is a bit on the complex side you are all over the place because he is bad but not so bad as a person and as such you would like to see his growth as a person.  ES is one of the very few child actresses who in a drama I have seen grow physically, you can see the before, during and now pictures its there.

It’s likely that in the next episode MY’s illness may be revealed to the Parks, I am not sure if ET is bound by confidentiality as he is not MY’s doctor, how is he going to approach it.

Until the next episode, gone for now and take care

@chasen8888, sorry cut your post; It’s likely that in the next episode MY’s illness may be revealed to the Parks, I am not sure if ET is bound by confidentiality as he is not MY’s doctor, how is he going to approach it. Really sad that writernim decided to go through the  illness phase. :dissapointed:

I am hoping that HS will find out about MY illness and hoping that former CEO Yang and her ex-husband will fail in whatever they are plotting to scam sweet MY.

ET/YH and DY/JH, not sure how long they can keep their family relationship from JJH/CK.:persevere:

MY has something called Lewy Body Dementia. She's in the early stage and the doctor said it should get better with medication. Well, i'm pretty sure that condition can't be cured and just be managed and slowed down significantly. I guess it's not as bad as alzheimers. Anyone else know of that type of dementia?

2 hours ago, Lunkera said:

MY has something called Lewy Body Dementia. She's in the early stage and the doctor said it should get better with medication. Well, i'm pretty sure that condition can't be cured and just be managed and slowed down significantly. I guess it's not as bad as alzheimers. Anyone else know of that type of dementia?

My best friend Google led me to this...

https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/what-lewy-body-dementia

Should give us a pretty layman explanation

I think the scene of MS discovering ES's innocent disaster with MY's stuff was hilarious. He was upset but he (being the softie inside the cold exterior) had to bring himself to ES's level and try to coax her to release the makeup and also helped wipe the lipstick off by agreeing with ES that she is pretty "even without makeup"...that was genius!

ET is MY’s doctor. It’s solved then... Really though they give us illness and another wedding postponement? How many more episodes? Don’t know if I can hang guys. I started watching because of the main OTP. They’ve gone frozen to the point I can’t believe they’re in love. What happened to the romance?  

7 hours ago, Lunkera said:

There are many different versions of dementia in the website. This one from healthline newsletter states:

1."In most cases, dementia isn’t reversible. However, many forms are treatable. The right medication can help manage dementia. Treatments for dementia will depend on the cause."

2."Some types of dementia are reversible, but most types are irreversible and will instead cause more impairment over time."

3."Alzheimer's is a terminal illness, and no cure is currently available."

Guess we have to stick to no.2 for MY's case. 

4 hours ago, chdom said:

ET is MY’s doctor. It’s solved then... Really though they give us illness and another wedding postponement? How many more episodes? Don’t know if I can hang guys. I started watching because of the main OTP. They’ve gone frozen to the point I can’t believe they’re in love. What happened to the romance?  

They seem fine to me remember its been constant chaos for them on top of being doctors.

Tollgate polls! if you haven't voted already, please do visit the events section under Home > soompi info > events

based on members nominations, there are 5 polls. look for these threads within the events section here :

tollgate poll 1 - villains

tollgate poll 2 - dramas

tollgate poll 3 - side characters

tollgate poll 4 - OTP, leads

tollgate poll 5 - misc

based on nominations, this drama was suggested for drama category. if you think this drama is like a good meal, then cast your vote!

I am again disappointed at the PD. We saw MS's Dad, Mr Yang planning some issues,(defintely not favorable to MY)and Lewy in Ep 44. 

I am one of those, who never like a rush ending, why introduce so many new issues now? I need these ppl to redeem themselves. :confused:

I dont need a fairy tale ending but at least not something like; kneel down and seek forgiveness and all forgiven. (Citing past wounds, why they did that!). 

They have to start wrapping things. After today's episode, they'll have only 8 episodes for (at least)

- 2 weddings

- aproving the relationship between JH/DY (or maybe wed too)

- DY finding her new job

- MS being totally integrated in the new family

- resolve MY illness (telling the family, finding a treatment, accepting it, conving her to marry anyways...)

- put a rocket in the a** of the ex of MY and sending him to the moon

- the coffee mistery (yes, I don't understand this part too because I find this trio too boring)

- and a lot more....

ALL of this in ONLY 8 episodes! considering is a weekend familiar drama, and it's rythm it's quite slow...

It’s all about MY

Ep 45

• HS asks MY what happened, she does not answer at first, the ex arrives at his place and wonders about MY’s behavior earlier.  MY comes up with some excuse stating that she is taking a step back and wishes to live at her house etc.  HS counters that he does not believe her words etc, she asks for time, he angrily leaves MY is sad.
  • Everyone finds out that MY has returned to her home, are surprised and wonders the reason for this as its strange, they talk to MS who could not give them a good answer.  SH/YH talk about what is happening in their lives, SH notices the ring, due to what is happening at home YH wants to keep it quiet for now.
  • CK makes note of ET’s ring, JJH is relaxed in her response, DY finds out that YH has accepted ET’s proposal.  Later while helping DY with job hunting, they talk about ET/YH’s marriage etc.  they are about to kiss, but got blocked by the sign that says no to that.
  • ET/YH had a light moment at work, ET later found out that JJH went to see ES, and he thanks her for doing that.  ET is still wondering if the MY on the list of participants with Lewy is the MY that he knows. MY goes by HS store to appease him but no luck.
  • HH/MS are in her neighborhood walking, talking about HS/MY etc. which is seen by gossipy man.  It’s a standard greeting and light talk when the man tells them that they would make a good couple which has them shocked, saying no to that and they leave.
  • The ex and Yang decide to partner and take MY’s wealth for their comeback. Yang, are you sure that you were a decent businessman, even getting scammed?
  • The doctor finds out that MY has not told her family or those close to her of her illness, he advises that she does so and why.  MY says that she will let them know later.  HS is at the her house, asking MY questions but she is coming up with different excuses, he tells her that she is lying etc.  MY says that it does not matter etc.
  • WAM’s has to deal with a difficult customer who leaves, she complains to KS at work and home.  After making a presentation at work, SH comes home to listen to WAM’s solution to the café issue which is for SH to quit her job etc.  SH listens and says yes to that.
  • MY gives Yoon some instructions and asks her about Yang.  The scum partners (ex/Yang) find out that MY is looking for Yang to which ex advises that Yang meets her.
  • In response to WAM’s proposal, it is KS who counterattacks with his resignation letter which has WAM upset & tantrum mode, she loses this one.:D
  • ET stops by ES’s school, she introduces her boyfriend to him, ET breaks up the pair, ES gets mad at ET and leaves.  YH meets JJH at a gallery, they talk a bit in which YH praises ET etc.  JJH is touched and asks YH to call her something more personal.  ET finds out from YH that she/JJH are now on good terms and has given full approval of them being together.  ET now suspects MY being a participant of the Lewy Project from YH telling him of the issues at home.  He contacts MY’s doctor.
  • CK contacts JH/DY for a talk at the hospital, they did not know that the other was there until they met in CK’s office.  Boorish CK tells them that he opposes their relationship and demands that JH/DY break up etc, DY says no.  CK then makes threats to take away DY’s car, credit card etc.  DY gives it up easily more or less saying that she does not need them anyway and how important JH is to her etc.  JH is surprised and touched by her actions, CK starts but JH defends DY and scolds CK actions etc.  The pair leaves, CK loses.  Later puppy couple are holding hands, walking and talking which leads into a kiss.:heart::love:  Finally, and a decent one at that.
  • Gossipy lady finds the wedding shoes while MY is in the shower, the scum ex stops by the house and sees MY, he says some words to her but realizes that she is in a daze.  MY does not recognize him, mentioning her father and her age, scum ex realizes that this is a good opportunity to steal from MY with scum Yang.
  • HS is at home missing MY, he calls her and they talk.  MY later stops by her doctor stressing the urgency of getting treatment for her illness, he somewhat calms her down but she is worried.  ET sees her and they talk, he advises her to tell the family about it , she says no to that why and mentions her father etc.  Gossipy woman gives the shoes to HS, he imagines MY walking in the rain etc.  Later SH stops by HS sees him drinking and they talk.
  • MY comes home and is contacted by HS, HS tells her he is on his way.  HS repeats the words that MY gave the family when she first moved in and that whatever it is they will deal with it together.  :)This is seen by MS and gossipy lady who thinks he is cool and MS is surprised.  Show ends

Thoughts

I liked the ending as HS clearly show to all exactly the type of man that he is, he does not run away or blame others, he man’s up, gives love & support and takes responsibility when needed.  What I am happy about is the fact that he is aware of her father’s illness, he has a lot of questions but the only way it can be answered is she tells him but he is also aware that she needs him so if she is running the solution find a way to catch her and stick to her permanently – Crazy glue:grin:.  I think after this MS will more than give approval to their relationship. 

The dictionary at this point is inadequate for us as viewers in our opinion of the scum partners (Yang & ex) who is of the distorted belief that MY stole from them, harmful, is a complete jinx and as such should compensate them for their inadequacies by stealing her wealth. They have very selective memories as it is clear that they are “purer than snow”, this better not happen and the story line needs to end very soon.:angry::rage:

I do not like this plot line at all or any new ones for that matter but I am wondering if they are using this as a way for MS to completely break ties from his father.  I sincerely hope they get caught before any of this occur, if possible I would be happy if they get sent to prison - hard labor, that way no one should/has to feel guilt or blame self namely MS/HS/MY.  I agree with  @quandocuando  & @solucu it should be wrapping up stories time and not bringing any new one, the typical action would be  rush rush ending which makes the viewer annoyed and upset. By the way, to me only 1 wedding will be fine i.e HS/MY, ET/YH can happen later or as I stated in a previous post just register the marriage a ceremony is not needed for them as they are a pretty casual couple.

Good for puppy couple:love::wub::heart:, not only did they stood up to Boorish CK, we got a surprisingly pleasant and decent kiss from them.  This pair is in for the long haul, they will not marry now which is fine, but it will happen later when they have stability in their lives.

It seem that the pds have decided to pair HH/MS with the gossipy man stating that they look good together much to their angst as I said in a previous post by doing this it makes MS very grateful that he is not MS son and he knows the family.  It would be interesting to see if and when this happen how will JH react.

As for gossipy lady, I do not mind her in this role as I recognize her from a previous daily that I had recap, she played the mother of the main lead (male).  Let me tell you she make WAM look like she not trying at all as a monster-in-law, hateful character.  Gossipy lady is tolerable and likable here.  WAM is an elder brat, I really cannot believe KS when he says that she worked hard.  I liked KS’s counterattack and SH was just sitting there looking innocent/weak with this WAM strategy dealing .

Have a good week everyone, take care and gone for now

1 hour ago, chasen8888 said:

• HH/MS are in her neighborhood walking, talking about HS/MY etc. which is seen by gossipy man.  It’s a standard greeting and light talk when the man tells them that they would make a good couple which has them shocked, saying no to that and they leave.

In the episode where HH told MS about MY wanting to get married, I thought they looked pretty compatible. Then in the scene at the Park's place, where the twins and MS were discussing the proposal plan, MS commented HH was cute when JH found HH's "cute" act irritating, I felt it was a push towards the HH/MS line. With Ahjussi's comments today, I think it increases the probability.

On 7/9/2018 at 11:11 AM, chubbz said:

I think he and HH suit each other better though. Coz DY is generally too naive and won't be able to handle his "darker" side whereas HH would not hesitate to call him out for whatever rubbish he does. In a way, MS & HH are more equals while JH & DY are more equals. As for the sibling relations...If ET and YH plus JH & DY can be accepted even though we have an uncle/niece pairing with siblings (imagine ES's confusion at addressing JH & DY), then technically, MS can be "deregistered" from MY's household to be with HH?

I previously mentioned that among the "entangled" family relations, HH and MS would have lesser problems...and they kinda suit each other in temperament. Both are "childish" and immature in certain ways, yet they care for their family members in a quiet manner and both are just as frank and won't hesitate to be annoying if they dislike the other party :)

@chasen8888, again; grateful for your hard work in doing recap.  To all the Chingu's in this thread my thanks as well.  

Not happy with the writer  about MY illness and that no good ex-husband coming into the picture planning to scam her with the help of MY's ex friend/CEO.

According to a viewer translation of HH/MS scene, they said that gossipy man says that they seem more like siblings which they were surprised and unhappy to hear.  Until we watch the subbed version, we won't know for sure what gossipy man said.  However, what is sure is that HH/MS are comfortable around each other and can be themselves be it family or couple it works for them. 

3 hours ago, chubbz said:

MS can be "deregistered" from MY's household to be with HH?

MS would not have to deal with this as he was never her bio son, but the mistress and scum ex - the bio parents who do not have a grateful bone, sincerity or blood in them towards MS or MY.  He is registered under the ex's family register.  If HH/MS ends up as a couple MS becomes part of a loving family in a more official manner, if not he will still be part of the family as MY treats him as her child.  So the winner in this case would be MS when all matters are resolved.

I still do not like JJH, however ever since she found out ES's identity she has come around somewhat,  by listening/talking to YH she has realized why ET loves her and what makes her a good fit for the brother that she loves so much.  Because of this, I am going on a little string of hope that she may not be opposed to DY/JH due to family dynamics as much before unlike CK and its for the following reasons:

1. She knows for a fact that JH sincerely loves DY
  2. She has a general idea as to how the Park family personalities are, therefore she is reassured that DY will not be bullied but more likely treasured by its members not because she is their daughter but because JH loves her.
  3. ET will be there looking out for his niece, so DY is safe
  4. She somewhat likes JH the person
  5. DY will not be seeing MS as a potential partner but more likely a brother making her less worried as she did not like MS for DY.

What she wanted most for DY is what the Park family has in spades and that is being a decent family with a lot of emotional loving wealth, not so much the $$. This is unlike CK who seeks to profit from anywhere without any effort per se.  It would be funny if she actually knew that JH is YH's brother and did not say anything about it for the sake of DY and the above factors.  Hopefully that string stays firm.  I admit replaying JH/DY scenes several times, as I liked all of them.

Gone for now and take care

Archived