[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There must not be a major sickness for a story to pan out well.   All the sickness in this drama and the stories surrounding them doesn't help in the development of the drama. 

Aside that, some of the actors didn't live up to  expectation as regards delivering their lines.  The small ES acts better than at least 3 of them. I give it to MY, she kept this drama alive. Hope she wins something at the end of the year. She is really adorable and plays her role with charm. The chemistry in this drama is zero.

They are so stiff and unbelievable. 

What is drama if the chemistry is off?

The actors that would have moved the drama forward were given secondary roles. Former team manager, MY house keeper etc  should have had role swap and bring out the much needed life in this drama.  It's super dull. The two weekend dramas before this were on fire.

ET, and YH should get the worst couple award. I came to the drama cos of him.

I'm really disappointed. U don't have to kiss or make out to have chemistry.  

ET brother in law is trying, at least one is always shouting or swearing:lol::lol:

Sorry guys but I couldn't keep it in anymore.

@dramaninja Yeah, like MY said it progress too quickly. Alzheimer's doesn't progress that quickly to be honest. Maybe it's a tumor hopefully that can be removed. I want i happy ending. MY has suffered her entire life, she deserves a happy ending. It just seems like the writer is trying to fill up the remaining episode with this melodramatic theme.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

It sounds like MY may have something else?

I hope it’s curable and over soon. Hearing MY talk about how regretful it was for her to miss out on HS makes me very sad for her and I hope she can live out the rest of her years with HS in a clarity of mind that enables her to cherish each moment.

Watched ep 43 with sub. MS dad is actually a shrewd businessman who has taught MY the rope of doing business. Why do I have a feeling that he may be the one to save MY from a possible bankruptcy plotted by ex-chairman Yang?

1 hour ago, newyee said:

Watched ep 43 with sub. MS dad is actually a shrewd businessman who has taught MY the rope of doing business. Why do I have a feeling that he may be the one to save MY from a possible bankruptcy plotted by ex-chairman Yang?

I have the same feeling. Hope it’s this & not the latter... 

Watching the subs gave a bit of clarity and some vagueness at the same time.

1. The ex - is he here to help or hurt MY?  His actions is suspicious so if he is helping MY it shows his gratitude  & decency for all that she has done even though he did not deserve it per se.  If he is out to hurt MY - you are free to curse him at length in your own language.  Based on what has been implied it seems that Yang and Yoon may be embezzling MY's money for sometime but because she trusts them she does not know that.
  2. DY's interest lie in interior design and she is job hunting in that field
  3. MY's illness could be many things - the key is that its treatable/curable and she and the family does not suffer from it.  After hearing MS's explanation regarding the father's health, her reaction to her own is understandable.  I checked online for Alzeimheirs and Lewy dementia which are very similar in symptoms and duration to a point, so as earlier stated hopefully whatever it is there is a cure for her and she can recover to being herself.  We have all stated that she does not deserve this, wanting she and HS to have their happiness and not stress.
  4. WAM is getting a taste as to what SH is like when riled, she expects to reap the benefits and bully SH/MY into getting whatever she wants under the guise that it is for KS.  The woman have nothing to do & is not willing to cut the naval string from KS - making breakfast until he is 90/ the day she dies -hec- no, SH put her in place when she told WAM that she can do whatever but KS/SH will not be having breakfast as home - he is her husband.
  5. HH does have a talent in sales - as HS noted that when she oversees the store, he gets more money.  Plus you sort of understand why she likes money, not for herself but to help her family when there is trouble, so I do not mind her learning under MY as she sees that MY has been able to do the same thing for them to a degree.

Take care

I really enjoyed watching Sun Ha throw down the gauntlet. I hope she really sticks it to WAM good. Now that KS’ salary is tied up in the coffee shop, let me see what WAM’s decision will be. 

I loved the scene with Sun Ha and MY. It really moved me to tears just like it did Sun Ha. MY honestly stating that she wanted to protect Sun Ha’s happiness showed Sun Ha the contrast between MY’s concern and the insincerity of WAM’s concern in the early days of her marriage.

20 hours ago, darr said:

Aside that, some of the actors didn't live up to  expectation as regards delivering their lines.  The small ES acts better than at least 3 of them. I give it to MY, she kept this drama alive. Hope she wins something at the end of the year. She is really adorable and plays her role with charm. The chemistry in this drama is zero.

The actors that would have moved the drama forward were given secondary roles. Former team manager, MY house keeper etc  should have had role swap and bring out the much needed life in this drama.  It's super dull. The two weekend dramas before this were on fire.

ET brother in law is trying, at least one is always shouting or swearing:lol::lol:

Hi guys! Dropped this drama after ep 12 as the story was progressing too slowly for my taste. Have been reading the excellent recaps by @chasen8888 though. So am aware on a general level how the storyline has been developing. :)

@darr Any chance you could specify which people you think are the worst actors/actresses (the ones that are worse at acting compared to the child actress, that is :D )?

I do agree that a lack of chemistry was apparent already in the first 12 episodes, but I would have imagined it should have gotten better after that?!?! I think that a lot might be caused because of the writing (the story is a bit dull in my opinion), but also because of the directing. In any case, would be interested in hearing more opinions.

I quite enjoy this family drama and I find most of the characters likeable unlike some extremely popular family drama shows where I only liked maybe 25% of the characters.

One thing I always see is chemistry written about as if it is an “objective” thing. I spoke about this last week on another drama’s thread. After spending many years in various fandoms since 2003, I personally came to the conclusion that chemistry must be a subjective thing and as such is a personal opinion. Watching three notorious and rabid shipping wars in online fandoms years ago taught me that each individual must have their own perception of chemistry because their opinions can’t all be wrong. Each person feel a certain reaction or non reaction to a couple. Even I will admit I hear about the “amazing” chemistry a couple might have in a drama and I go watch the drama ready to “feel” it and I’m left wondering what’s wrong with me because I don’t feel it one bit. :blink:

Anyway, I find the interactions between the three major couples in this drama nice. This of course is just my personal opinion.:D

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Hi guys! Dropped this drama after ep 12 as the story was progressing too slowly for my taste. Have been reading the excellent recaps by @chasen8888 though. So am aware on a general level how the storyline has been developing. :)

@darr Any chance you could specify which people you think are the worst actors/actresses (the ones that are worse at acting compared to the child actress, that is :D )?

I do agree that a lack of chemistry was apparent already in the first 12 episodes, but I would have imagined it should have gotten better after that?!?! I think that a lot might be caused because of the writing (the story is a bit dull in my opinion), but also because of the directing. In any case, would be interested in hearing more opinions.

After catching 'What's wrong with secretary Kim' which ran concurrently with this drama, I can see the vast differences between the chemistry and professionalism of the main/most popular leads of the two. Both are suitable for above 15-yr-olds and with child actor/actress involved, though the themes are different - one of romance and the other of family.

However, romance can be injected to bring more life into this drama. Most viewers root for ET/YH so my expectation is high. Somehow this couple is very reserved and somewhat lack professionalism in bringing out the passion needed. I am sure many here will disagree but this is my opinion.

@celebrianna

"I really enjoyed watching Sun Ha throw down the gauntlet. I hope she really sticks it to WAM good. Now that KS’ salary is tied up in the coffee shop, let me see what WAM’s decision will be. 

I loved the scene with Sun Ha and MY. It really moved me to tears just like it did Sun Ha. MY honestly stating that she wanted to protect Sun Ha’s happiness showed Sun Ha the contrast between MY’s concern and the insincerity of WAM’s concern in the early days of her marriage"

Did you notice the look of KS being sandwiched between the two ladies? Somehow he's like SH's son and WAM's grandson in the scene. Very pathetic situation. I think he will be better off remaining single and as his mama's boy.

MY is very captivating in all aspects. I love her the most when she acts like a young girl in love. 

Ep 44 w/Eng subs:

Aye yi yi!  OMO! OMO! OMO! and anything else in any other language!

That RichPlayer is one for the books!  He brings to his mother's home the very guy that caused all their problems!  Supposedly RichLady is home every day, WHY WHY WHY she doesn't notice a man living in her apartment is beyond me.  THEN there is that BusyAhjumma, in/out, always chatting and nattering about everyone's business... SHE wouldn't say something about the man living in her boss' apartment?  

Since RichLady has Alzheimer's or a benign tumor, she isn't going to care that the man she loathes is free-loading, er living, in her apartment?  

BTW --->  That XHubby is quite the scam artist!  Not only does he park hisdamnself in his X's apartment, but takes full advantage of her hospitality by plotting to scam her?  

In The End, RichPlayer will take his mother's side in the whole $$$ debacle, it's his redemption opportunity. 

EldestDaughter and her m-inlaw... What a HOTMESS!  That girl shur turned the tables on her grabby m-inlaw: We got a cap-pay, but it's going to cost your precious son 10 yrs of salary.  Such a deal!  PLUS, Grabby has to run the place.  DYING to see how long that lasts.

ClumsyDaters... well, they are just young and clumsy.  Will they marry and create a double-in-laws dilemma?  NastyNoona strikes again!

Waiting for The End.  And the next KDrama.  

Ep 44, I want to see WAM working her butt off in the cafe, cos that was her precious son 10 years savings. 

Noona needs to eat humble pie in this epi and she gets more attached to ES.

Probably I was mistaken, during 1 of the earlier epi, it was mentioned that Manager Yoon and Yang are a pair. I hope they aren't plotting anything. Or MS's father discovers before what they are planning. Poor MY, can't the PD leave her alone.

We are coming to the end and we don't need incurable illness here. I know we have to be realistic but I need a weekend drama to enjoy not tearing every weekend.:lol:

On 8/13/2018 at 2:48 AM, darr said:

There must not be a major sickness for a story to pan out well.   All the sickness in this drama and the stories surrounding them doesn't help in the development of the drama. 

Love this comment *round of applause* :rolleyes:You summed up everything. I thought I was the only one finding those lifeless. Watching them, I feel a certain sense of awkwardness. Not sure how they landed their roles. It's so obvious the bad acting.

THE ACTOR PLAYS EUNTAE IS REALLY BORING. He always plays the same role over and over without changing anything but his name. I get bored at looking at his serious face. And ES's mom can only show two emotions: sad abt to cry or surprised with open eyes. I can not feel their acting~ So Stiff. And the kissing scene, I know they are married in real life but You Are Actors, not professional at all.This drama is so lame and boring compared to other successful weekend drama.

The writing is so poor + actors playing YH and ET are poor actors. At least, the little girl is super cute.

Mi Yeon is carrying this series on her shoulder :tears:

Preview for Episode 44

Mix of good and bad news. Lovely wedding shoes for Mi Yeon :wub:

Have a great day! :heart:

Oops..  @joonminfanwe uploaded at the same time. Haha so i will hide mine since not able to delete post.

Written Preview 44부

미연(장미희)은 병원에서 기본적인 검사를 마치고 효섭(유동근) 집으로 돌아오고, 별 일 아닌 척 효섭을 안심시킨다. 
미연은 잠시 자리를 비웠음에도 자신을 필요로 하는 3남매를 보고 병에 대한 극복의지를 다진다.
유하(한지혜)의 결혼 결심을 알게 된 재형(여회현)과 다연(박세완)은 다소 섭섭한 마음을 접어두고,
자신들의 힘으로 부모님의 연애 허락을 받아내기로 마음먹는다.
한편, 동진(김유석)은 문식(김권)에게 양대표(박상면) 소식을 물으며, 양대표에게 접근하려 하는데...

KBS2 is SUPER  s l o w to update their newly designed site.

(One possible scenario... MY been so worried about getting alzheimer like her dad... thinking so much about it... therefore....might NOT be real...  hahaha i just don't want MY to be sick. Plus PD promised HEALTHY family drama in first conference. He better not lie.)

Spoiler

Cute posts by actors :wub:

Funny one haha

First of all, please forgive me. I am totally confused about the Cafe deal.:wacko: Can someone enlighten me?

MY gave a cafe to SH and KS. But KH's momma was mad that it wasn't some kind of first-class turnkey place. (how ungrateful!!)

So what is the deal with KS's salary being the collateral? Is KS going to pay MY back for the cafe with 10 years of his salary?!? Are SH and KS going to work at their respective current jobs while his Momma runs the cafe? Will they work the weekend at the cafe? How is that gonna work if SH ever has a child?

I thought the cafe was for SH and KS and not KS's Momma. Is it in a bad neighborhood? Will it be demolished when the redevelopment starts and then renovated? What is going on? 

Archived