[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

MS finds out that his father met with Mr. Yang and know he plans to do something bad with MY. MS confront his father and they fight. MS will take his mother side guaranteed. MY start forgetting even more. At the end of the episode MS father find MY wandering the street. He finds her in her forgetful state and take her to a cafe and intends to have her sign some papers. Probably all her assets or shares or something like that. She change completely and grabs MS father hand and say something. He is shocked and the episode ends. 

There is a preview.

MS father is utter trash. I hope he is cutoff completely by MS at the end.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I’m still very much annoyed that they made MY sick, I really enjoy the moments where we see how much the two families have grown to become one. Yoo Ha bringing the younger siblings (including MS) together and encouraging them to pitch in more to help their parents was really sweet. The three younger siblings coming together to try to figure out what’s going on with their parents is another mark of how far they’ve come. I’m glad that HS has finally decided to openly tell the family about MY’s illness and asked them to support him and MY more because they need it. I’m looking forward to watching them grow closer as a family.

Once again I enjoyed SH and MY’s scene and it was so precious when SH finally called MY, “Mom”. It was suggested several episodes ago but SH objected to it because she remembered her birth mother unlike her other siblings and didn’t feel comfortable doing so. I guess she’s finally at a place of acceptance now so she’s able to call MY “mom”.

In MY’s final scene with the scumbag-ex, I felt how fortunate she is to have a new family who loves and cares about her. Had she been on her own with only MS, I don’t know what would have happened to them. Thankfully they have a big family now that will support them through this difficult trial. I have no doubt that MS will be very upset when he learns the extent of what his father has been planning. However, now he has a support system because I’m sure either MY, HS or both will be there for him as parents. 

I can’t believe that after all this time DY and JH can still make me giggle like a little girl. DY’s house was actually the light and amusing parts of this episode for me. From JJH and ES bonding, JJH giving consent to both couples, DY’s intoxicated dad complaining about the lack of love he gets from his family, etc. I understand his concern about the hospital but it never seemed that DY was interested in the hospital. I can only assume he wanted her to marry someone who would be capable of managing the hospital. I feel sorry for him since he said he worked hard to build up the hospital for her sake. I hope he finds a suitable resolution to this issue.

Hah!!!! MY was just pretending. She is still the undefeatable MY!!!! bravo!!! Mr Yang's conscience got the better of him and seems he will tell all to MS about his father's plans to swindle MY

JJH is the best babysitter for ES. She even takes care of her nutrition. But ES in return is good for JJH. ES gives JJH something to do and someone to give all that caring to. The Park family are good for JJH family and vice versa

YCK, if he opens up his mind will see that the Parks are good for his "hospital" too especially their relationship to MY. I think and I hope that MY and HS once they know about the trouble the hospital has regarding getting ET's project sponsored and financed, will help since it is for a good cause. It is a research project that could help many people.I could understand YCK efforts in dealing with the business arm of the hospital. He is doing a good job so far as the hospital is still running well, but he needs to be more open and not so prejudiced against less moneyed people than he is, because it is not about how much money one has, it is about how much talent, dedication, effort and perseverance one has in completing projects and goals. If YCK opens his eyes, he will realize that he has got "gold" in his son in law to be-JH because he embodies all the qualities of an achiever of his personal and career goals. CK will also widen his connections by having MY as an in law. It will be a win/win for him. But he has to see it not only from that perspective but also from a humanistic perspective of love and family.

In the meantime, ET needs to be more supportive of YCK. Since ET is heading the research, he needs to give some time to help explain to the government agency the importance of his project and get approval. As a Medical Director he has to be able to see the business part of running a hospital. Supplies, salaries, maintenance etc need money. So giving brother in law a pat in the back once in a while, some family loving and appreciation is not a bad idea since that is what YCK is needing at the moment.

As for DY, since she is jobless right now and there is a job offer by her father in the hospital, why not give it a try. She does not like how her father looks down and talks down on JH. She also does not like how her father measures a person's worthiness by the size of their wallets but that has nothing to do with the job, it is only her father's opinion. However, she can make a deal with her father that she will take an entry position and try it out. She will not know until she tries. It might be the right job for her. She can talk to YH about what the job entails. She can help her uncle get sponsorship for his research and many other hospital projects and programs that could help the hospital help people. If she ends up not liking it, she can then quit. It does not hurt for her to try.  

HH on the other hand, with JJH baby sitting ES, she can now give full attention to her own business projects. The children are now free to visit back and forth between homes and they, especially older ones SH/YH and even ET are all working together to care for MY.

WAM has now seen the rewards of her hard work when she realized how much she earns and it gave her life. She is now putting to use her good cooking and attracting more customers to her cafe. One touching moment with her and SH when she told SH that she knew and understood what SH was going through because she had cared for her father for many years until he died and said for SH not to worry about the household chores so much but to take care of her family. Wam is not that shallow afterall. She just needed a push to dive deep.

The best part of the episode is the family coming together to care for MY and the scene that made my cry was the convo between SH and MY and SH calling MY "mom". 

Now that everything is getting resolved, do we hear wedding bells? 

6 hours ago, zenya22 said:

YCK, if he opens up his mind will see that the Parks are good for his "hospital" too especially their relationship to MY. I think and I hope that MY and HS once they know about the trouble the hospital has regarding getting ET's project sponsored and financed, will help since it is for a good cause. It is a research project that could help many people.I could understand YCK efforts in dealing with the business arm of the hospital. He is doing a good job so far as the hospital is still running well, but he needs to be more open and not so prejudiced against less moneyed people than he is, because it is not about how much money one has, it is about how much talent, dedication, effort and perseverance one has in completing projects and goals. If YCK opens his eyes, he will realize that he has got "gold" in his son in law to be-JH because he embodies all the qualities of an achiever of his personal and career goals. CK will also widen his connections by having MY as an in law. It will be a win/win for him. But he has to see it not only from that perspective but also from a humanistic perspective of love and family.

I partially agree with you, but it was the first time we actually got to see CK in a more humane perspective.  Cannot guarantee CK's help in ET's project, reason he shafted ET once and it was YH who got ET the support he needed.  This is also why ET does not put much focus on CK as due to his actions CK has been marginalized in the family as they have all grown with their own lives being enriched by other people. CK on the other does not see that and looks at profit, class etc. as you have earlier stated once he open his mind to other possibilities then he'll become richer.  JH took CK's words to heart and may be in the future could provide him with the help he needs.

6 hours ago, zenya22 said:

As for DY, since she is jobless right now and there is a job offer by her father in the hospital, why not give it a try. She does not like how her father looks down and talks down on JH. She also does not like how her father measures a person's worthiness by the size of their wallets but that has nothing to do with the job, it is only her father's opinion. However, she can make a deal with her father that she will take an entry position and try it out. She will not know until she tries. It might be the right job for her. She can talk to YH about what the job entails. She can help her uncle get sponsorship for his research and many other hospital projects and programs that could help the hospital help people. If she ends up not liking it, she can then quit. It does not hurt for her to try.  

One thing I like about DY is that she is decisive in her personality, likes and wants, she also knows her parents.  As a result, I disagree with you here.  DY at home provided CK assistance with his job, she has an idea what it entails and did not like it. She found her talents & happiness in home design /interiors & JH, also knowing CK's personality he will not be satisfied with letting her have an entry position etc.  Everyone knows that she is his daughter, if she started as a clerk he will look on it affecting his image etc. also look on how he was when DY rejected MS, he still tried to pressure her in accepting him as he meets his criteria for a "son-in-law" which is money and connections.

SH's home life has somewhat settled with a supportive husband and WAM in her own way, finally getting a mom etc.  These women nightgowns suck/uuuggly and should be cut up for cleaning furniture.   BTW I miss Manager Ko.

The upcoming episode preview shows how JH and MS are dealing with MY's illness, ET's choice of not going to deal with vehicle program by using he is getting married as an excuse but to me that can be resolved if all three of them go together - ES can get a lot of world experience and growth over there, YH can still be a doctor.  MY calling out scum ex on his crap was nice to see.  MY knows that she is being watched so in order to catch him she had to be bait.  Glad that at least Yang had a conscience to do the right thing.

Gone for now

On 9/3/2018 at 9:04 AM, chasen8888 said:

One thing I like about DY is that she is decisive in her personality, likes and wants, she also knows her parents.  As a result, I disagree with you here.  DY at home provided CK assistance with his job, she has an idea what it entails and did not like it. She found her talents & happiness in home design /interiors & JH, also knowing CK's personality he will not be satisfied with letting her have an entry position etc.  Everyone knows that she is his daughter, if she started as a clerk he will look on it affecting his image etc. also look on how he was when DY rejected MS, he still tried to pressure her in accepting him as he meets his criteria for a "son-in-law" which is money and connections.

but there maybe a way around that. JH said to JJH that DY and her father love each other but they don't know each other. For father and daughter to understand the other, they have to learn about the other. Very astutely said. That is one of the reasons JJH knew JH is so good for her daughter. JH instinctive understanding about human nature. Volunteering is one of the best educational tools and many students and young people especially the well to do children are encouraged to do so. The volunteer experientially  learns practical lessons applicable in life not taught through books. It also boosts the resume. The hospital needs designers too for upgrading and making the hospital atmosphere look and feel people friendly especially the pediatric area. ES room, when she was  confined, looked dreary. DY can volunteer to donate her time and talent to re design a part of the pediatric area as in a waiting area or the wing hallway. Donations from her rich friends including MS can be solicited for the materials which would not cost much. She can ask the Park gang for help to complete the project, over a weekend. A new paint on a wall,  a drawing of loved characters here and there, simple colored chairs and tables etc. CK will be delighted when he looks at it as boosting his image by way of "noblesse oblige", his way of giving back to society by letting his daughter volunteer for this project. At the same time, CK and DY can learn about each other as JH suggested...... just my thoughts 

@chasen8888"These women nightgowns suck/uuuggly and should be cut up for cleaning furniture'; and

'ES can get a lot of world experience and growth over there'.

:lol:ROFL. I noticed too, esp WAM's. There are too many gathers, layers and frills. Someone ever mentioned she dresses like a christmas tree and even on the bed now. I do not like the way the wardrobe manager dresses up the present YH. She doesn't have to look plain while dating. If the characters really have to look realistic, then everyone shouldn't sleep with the lights on and some with heavy makeup still on too. Once I saw ES with her shoes and socks while playing in YH's room at night. Most of all, how I wish my kids would obediently listen to my every single instruction when they were young, such as brushing teeth, putting on the headphones immediately when told, etc, just as how ES behaves.

I would be very concerned about the suitability of a young kid living in Africa although she will be with her parents. The living conditions such as poor sanitation and hygiene , drinking water standard, control of diseases, order and security issues, etc may not be suitable for preschoolers. But well, it's a kdrama afterall.

9 hours ago, newyee said:

would be very concerned about the suitability of a young kid living in Africa although she will be with her parents. The living conditions such as poor sanitation and hygiene , drinking water standard, control of diseases, order and security issues, etc may not be suitable for preschoolers

This makes me very sad for the millions of preschoolers growing up in Africa, tragically unaware of how unsuitable it is for them.:D

1 hour ago, midjohn33 said:

This makes me very sad for the millions of preschoolers growing up in Africa, tragically unaware of how unsuitable it is for them.:D

:D I'm not sure but I presume growing up there as native Africans, the babies would have some kind of immune system from their parents to adapt to the unfavourable environment. But for a young kid from a developed country such as S.Korea to reside there, it may be very difficult for her body to adapt.

Besides, the mortality rate of young Africans is relatively high as child mortality rate is closely linked to the level of development of a country.

7 minutes ago, newyee said:

:D I'm not sure but I presume growing up there as a native African, the babies would have some kind of immune system from their parents to adapt to the unfavourable environment. But for a young kid from a developed country such as S.Korea to reside there, it may be very difficult for her body to adapt.

Besides, the mortality rate of young Africans is relatively high.

Yes, infant mortality in much of Africa is high. I think actually that a child of foreign aid workers, especially doctors, is probably going to be much better off than the local kids. Especially because if things get really bad, they can leave, unlike the locals

@newyee I really hate it when they talk about Africa. Africa is a whole continent, not a small country. I guess it is easier than to speak about a specific country that some people would not be able to localize. Nevertheless, African countries are diverse and realities are different, sometimes even within the same country. A few years back, while in Ethiopia, I met a physician (I think he was a surgeon) working (volunteering) in an Ethiopian hospital in the highlands. He was there with his wife, his grown-up daughter and his then 8 yo son, who is now a teenager. His wife was working at an orphanage affiliated to the hospital, so his child was playing everyday with the children in the orphanage. I think they stayed there for about 3 to 4 years before heading back to the US. As a side note, I remember his wife donating blood every 3 months because they didn't have enough blood for emergencies - she was literally the universal donor. And this is not the only case I've heard of. I know many (now) adults who grew up in various African countries, and they grew up just fine, in fact, just two weeks ago I met a guy whose daughters, now 12 and 6 yo, spent most of their past years in Namibia.  

On the other hand, it is true that we are more sensitive to things to which they developed a certain resistance. I remember being sick two or three times (although I was not a child). It had never happened before and if hasn't happened since to have those symptoms, but the third time I already knew what to do and I didn't even visit the hospital. After your noted that Africa is a dangerous place for children, I thought about it and I didn't find an answer for Africa, but I have one for Ethiopia. I think one doesn't have to be crazy to take their children in Ethiopia. The same could be true for Kenya, Egypt etc. I haven't traveled all over Africa, so I cannot generalize, but I probably wouldn't take children to Eritrea, Sudan, Libya and the list can continue.

But volunteers do not live in the same conditions as the general population. If they are not pioneers in a certain area (those are most of the time missionaries, not physicians, and they first go there alone, not with their families), they live in decent conditions. I lived in the campus of a school in Eastern Ethiopia and I thought it was alright "for Africa", but when some volunteers from a hospital 30 km from where I lived visited our place, they felt sorry for us. I still think we enjoyed decent accommodations...

@HannahmiriamAgree they shouldn't use Africa in general but I just assume ET worked at the more 'backward' country since much foreign aid is needed. I remember in 'Descendants of the Sun', the PD came out with a fictitious developing country named Urk where the leads worked as volunteers so no one could argue about it.  

When my daughter was 15, she joined her school's overseas volunteer mission for Cambodia. She needed 3 inoculations against malaria etc before the week's trip. Though they stayed in church premises and many parts of Cambodia are opened to tourists, still, there were friends who fell sick. Thus I can't help but feel fearful for ES if she were to go to 'Africa'. Call me an overanxious mum.

Kudos to all volunteers and missionaries who sacrifice themselves and their families for the good of humanity!

But I am curious how ET and YH will solve the 'Africa' issue they are facing now?

U know, i never really planned to write on this thread again but this African ish needs to be classified.

I'm sure most of the actors and people calling Africa have never bothered to look up Africa on the internet.

ET is going to Africa . No specification.

It's like saying I'm doing volunteer work in Asia. Where in Asia? Is it north or east Asia?

If it's east Asia, which country.

They just put Africa inside one small shopping bag.

Africa is the third largest continent in the world. It's actually a continent. U cant see an airline going to Africa rather u will see airlines going to countries in Africa.

I hate to admit it but Korean entertainment industry know how to belittle and blatantly discriminate especially as it concerns black Africans. They have made senseless parodies and in some variety shows, when a topic about Africa is raised, u will seem them displaying their ignorance to the world. If it's not Japan  and USA,  and sometimes china other countries aren't worth anything in their eyes how much more the poverty stricken black races in Africa.

Majority of the countries in Africa are bigger than south Korea in land mass and population.

Myanmar in in Asia, next time they should go and do voluntary work there cos I think they need it more than the Africa they always want to go and save. Google is there for us to use.

I wanted to say this at the beginning of this drama but just swallowed it and it's the number one thing that put me off about the drama.

If I should enjoy a drama, the writer should endeavour to do his homework well so as to avoid stories like this.

If he can't be specific, he should come up with a fictitious country. 

And there are good things one can go to any country in Africa and do apart from the so called voluntary work. Governments from all over the continent's go to African countries for biz and diplomatic deals. I don't see that covered in dramas,  there are lots of Asian companies in African countries, they don't show that instead it's always telling the world they came to save Africa. USA was doing that decades ago until realities forced them to see African countries as they see themselves and people they do biz with. I'm yet to see any Asian company trying to penetrate the international market without having african countries on their top priority of markets to conquer. We don't see how they want to break into the African markets but it's always when they want to act as saviour.

People from my side of the world has equally done some humanitarian and voluntary work in some parts of Asia but our dramas don't portray it the way south Korean entertainment industry do that.

@larus The last (hidden) screenshot looks like a wedding photo of YH/ET. Sweetest pic of the trio ever. :wub:

@darr I notice that for the past 20 kdramas I've watched, 18 of them had their newly-weds chosen Jejudo as their honeymoon destination. The remaining 2 had stayed in mainland SK instead. None went abroad. Other Asian dramas will surely mention Paris, Italy, Hawaii or some other world renown romantic places for honeymoon. This is also quite unique of SK productions.

It’s still about MY

Ep 49

• MY catches scum ex trying to scam her with the other characters being informed about her health.  HH has trouble accepting this and is upset.
  • MY confronts the ex about her illness and he pretends that he does not know anything, she plays the recording and tells him that this was a test to see what he would do etc.  Ex shows his true self, MY scolds him and asks if he ever thought about MS.
  • MS confronts Yang as to his meetings with scum ex, Yang tells MS about the scam and that MY is ill.  Meanwhile MY tells ex that she is protected by her people but he will have no one, ex scoffs at MY who leaves as she was feeling ill.  Ex is now suspicious of the signed contract, see MY being ill and struggling he follows her.  However the Park family picks her up, takes her home and she sleeps comfortably.
  • MS meets HS to discuss MY, he is having trouble accepting this; HS tells him the truth, MS cries as HS comforts him.
  • HH is still upset, JH tries to be strong for all. SH talks to HH about MY etc, HH says that she does not like all this happening to MY etc.  MY overhears the talk and is very touched.  MY comes in the room trying to comfort her, it’s a touching scene with JH/SH watching.
  • The next day ET picks up YH/ES, JJH volunteers to look after ES.  Ex does not trust the signed contract, MS confronts ex as to the scam, ex comes with a lot of excuses, shifts blame and try to use the fact the he is MS’s bio father to get out of this.  MS listens, says that he understands something about MY etc. and leaves, he cries outside.
  • HH picks herself up and tells HS/gossipy man that she will take care of the store etc.  It’s a thoughtful scene with HS hugging HH for her actions & words.
  • KS invites WAM for a date, as he was lifting a box, he meets a helpful new neighbor, the talk is brief but this is seen by WAM who smiles.  Signs to a possible love interest for WAM.  While on their “date”  WAM/KS talk to which he says that he is fine etc and what he wants.
  • JH/DY are on the phone talking when he sees CK drinking, he hangs up.  CK is having trouble accepting the new DY etc. JH responds with some sincere words, they talk about their respective feelings etc on DY.  As they were leaving they got in a fight with some customers and sent to the police.  DY picks them up and gets angry with the whole situation ending up slapping one of the person who got in the fight with JH/CK.  Its, funny and JJH ends up picking all of them up and taking them home.  At the house they are being scolded by JJH/ET they defended themselves, CK leaves the room and DY reconciles with her father.
  • The next day ET’s issue comes up again with the doctor in charge trying to persuade YH to convince ET that he is needed in Africa etc.  ET cuts him and tells him that he is getting married etc., YH watches this concerned.  At his office ET/YH argues about the issue, YH makes her point saying that he should go etc. and leaves.
  • Scum ex has not given up on scamming MY, he meets gossipy lady who calls MY and tells her.  MY looks at her medicine suspiciously.
  • JH tries to encourage MS to be strong, he comes home to see MY there, they have a meal in which he is tearful, regretful and self-blaming as to ex causing trouble etc.  MY tells MS that it’s not his fault but he does not accept this.
  • There is a light but important moment with YH/ES as she mentions getting married etc.  ET recalls YH’s words when she proposed to him and comes to the house.  YH is outside waiting for him, ET says he has to go but he does not want to give up on them and asks that she goes with him.  YH says yes to that, he tries to put up roadblocks but she obliterates them and he hugs her.  The next day at school ET/YH go to pick up ES, ET tries to break up ES’s hand holding with her friend.  ES tells them that she will marry the guy in a stubborn manner which has the parents stumped.
  • Scum ex is still pushing the scam, MY discusses this with HS as she was leaving who is worried, she tells him that she will be fine.  HS contacts MS and lets him know that scum ex has not given up on stealing from MY.  Scum ex receives a call from his scum partners with him being optimistic with a deal closure and new beginning for himself. 
  • MY meets Yang and they talk.  MY goes strong, holding the medicine while talking to Yang meanwhile MS confronts scum ex and blocks his path.  MS takes out the contract.

Preview

ET/YH gets married

Scum ex gets desperate

Thoughts

It does not surprise me that scum ex has never learned from what he did in the past and is still doing in the present.  Because to him in the first place it was never his fault it was MY etc. for a person who claim to be able to read people well he is so dumb.  Yang at least have a conscience and I do not think he changed the medicine but he is guilty of trying to harm MY.  From the preview it’s the end for scum ex and likely redemption for Yang.

ET/YH issue was one to me was easy in the first place as they can work overseas and be parents to ES, they have a mutual goal.  I cannot imagine the woman who JJH wanted to pair up ET with wanting to do so.  The family have their own unique way of dealing with MY’s illness particularly MS/JH/HH.  HH cries it out and picks herself up, MS blames himself while JH is strong for everyone.  I hope that scene with JH/DY from the earlier preview is seen because he needs her to be there for him as he always try to be the most reliable person but he needs someone to lean on, namely DY.

The new neighbour to me will become WAM’s love interest as the drama is wrapping up and they are giving WAM a life separate from KS/SH and the café which gives her energy to be active.

The next episode is a wedding, there were other scenes in the preview but the 2 were the key ones.

Thanks again for giving me another link which works just as well.

Take care and looking forward to the next episode. 

Other - I agree with @darr in relation to statements that is being used for Africa.  I won't expand on this but the whole thing also points out arrogance, hypocrisy, stereotyping and discrimination as to people of color and certain nations/continents and its very sad when they do this because its like boasting that my country is better than yours and you need me etc.  its a complete turn off and which is why the world is the way it is - very sad.  However it seems that all these first world countries have forgotten something very significant and that is a large number of civilizations, inventions etc came from those continents that are poor etc., they have made their contributions in making the world develop etc.  So its sad when they do this and its not patriotism here.  No man is an island, no one stands alone; never forget where or who has helped to make your life better.   There is a strange thing called humility and sincerity it goes a far way.

Gone for now

Archived