[Drama 2018] Children of The Lesser God 작은 신의 아이들

larus

6 hours ago, maribella said:

I hope the storyline is not going to be terribly convoluted. There are 16 episodes.

V,  speaking for myself, I love spoilers and have people analyse a show or an episode or character ..... that is what a forum is for. 

Don’t hold back on my account. :)

I definitely need to visit this forum more often and get into the analysis of everything because there is a lot to cover! I love this show so much. I also love reading/hearing about analysis & theories, so if you have any as well, then let me have it! No theory or analysis is too much for me, I just love how everyone's minds work. I will try to bring some good character analysis in, too!  :-)

@didia1 I loved that scene. I love all of their interactions together, it is the highlight of the show for me. I also love it when the prosecutor and Jae-in interact. I feel like they both know that the other is on to them, but are still trying to play the game.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to migrate to other shows, only two subbed episodes so far and the show is more than halfway already.

it is a pity since I like the instinct vs. brainwork interaction. 

Nice chatting with some of you, who knows, there may be subs later.

Au revoir....

On 4/4/2018 at 10:51 AM, rocher22 said:

JI and KD are a perfect team, they look totally natural.

And, I like  the chemistry between KD and HM.

@rocher22  I too like the chemistry between KD and HM too. I have second lead syndrome. :bawling:  TBH, I find the JI a bit annoying but a good detective. I tend to care more for the character with the most pain and lots of flaws. I don't know why I like them more. 

@maribella.. Once the drama is fully subbed would you like to watch and discuss it when it is completely subbed. There is a group that is subbing it but it is taking them some time to get it done... :heart: 

I'm quite curious who is the spirit that through Dan Ah confronts 2 times the crazy Priest...Really hope all this people will get their earthly punishment for all the things they did till now without any sign of remorse and for what they do to those poor kids...A bit sad that the show didn't dwelve more into the shaman aspect of the story and be more about it,so facinating...

1 hour ago, Miky88 said:

I'm quite curious who is the spirit that through Dan Ah confronts 2 times the crazy Priest...Really hope all this people will get their earthly punishment for all the things they did till now without any sign of remorse and for what they do to those poor kids...A bit sad that the show didn't dwelve more into the shaman aspect of the story and be more about it,so facinating...

Does that mean every time Dan Ah's voice changes, she is possessed? The man she is staying with is not his real father, after all?

Why is Popeye with the underground investigation team when he was already suspected as a mole ?

1 minute ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

Does that mean every time Dan Ah's voice changes, she is possessed? The man she is staying with is not his real father, after all?

Why is Popeye with the underground investigation team when he was already suspected as a mole ?

Mostly,usually u see it coming when the bell rings and the camera kinda shakes telling a spirit came in her...

Don't think the man is her real father,even before, the girl who was also an orphan mentioned that she had a mother,so more likely she was a single mother that took young Dan Ah to the church as she didn't have much money so she was guested there,the father aka Kim Butler worked there and was like the right man of the Priest,more likely like how the man in blue suit is now(his follwer)...He just saved her from that horrible thing back then and took her in as his daughter while both changed names...

They don't have valid evidence to point him being the mole and even if they clearly suspect it they keep him close better than at distance...

Just watched the latest episode and I feel sorry for prosecutor Joo Ha Min. I really like his character and the actor is doing a great job but it seems like his character is up for a tragic ending. I just feel it and it's disappointing. Realistically speaking he's done some questionable things but I enjoyed the little moments between him, Kim Dan and Chun Jae In. If it was a different drama, I would've wanted them to form a team and punish the bad guys together but since it's OCN and because of the drama's current direction it seems impossible right now. Anybody watching it RAW? 

Spoiler

Did prosecutor Joo really kill Kim Dan's father or it's not certain? My stream died and I missed some of it. 

So Dan Ah Father filmed the whole stuff back then,when they killed all those people(in that sick guy's desire to become "King" aka President)and from the small bites from the next ep i think he also was about to die because of the poison in the wine but the little Dan Ah saved him(or the spirit inside her)and maybe left a message to him so made him save her and protect her from then on...So now they are after him mainly because of the tape because if it goes out they are over...As things are i doubt Ha Min will get out safe of this or he will now sacrifice himself in the end protecting Dan Ah...Either way he'll end up bad...He did way too many bad things to be left out...

I guess the spirit is the one who protects Dan Ah,like a holy God who choose her as his vessel more likely...

30 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

So Dan Ah Father filmed the whole stuff back then,when they killed all those people(in that sick guy's desire to become "King" aka President)and from the small bites from the next ep i think he also was about to die because of the poison in the wine but the little Dan Ah saved him(or the spirit inside her)and maybe left a message to him so made him save her and protect her from then on...So now they are after him mainly because of the tape because if it goes out they are over...As things are i doubt Ha Min will get out safe of this or he will now sacrifice himself in the end protecting Dan Ah...Either way he'll end up bad...He did way too many bad things to be left out...

I guess the spirit is the one who protects Dan Ah,like a holy God who choose her as his vessel more likely...

@Miky88 About that spirit, maybe it is her grandma. I watched episode 4 with Russian subs and when Dan Ah and Jae In went on that island, the grandma (who eventually died) had recognised Dan Ah as the lost girl from the past and said that her grandma was the most powerful shaman in the village. So maybe that's where Dan Ah's powers come from as well as the spirit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hi everyone 

i am finally  back and was able to watch the past two weeks ep's 

i have t say wow i still don't find any good sub for this drama but i can't stop watching it

thanks for the live recap  and my little understanding that both help me wait for hope to get a good one latter 

but it amazing this drama keeps getting better, i  like how  the characters were written , everything has it place and meaning 

i was like in cloud watching  ep 10- 11 and how close and touching the three leads get,  but it not like i didn't know it not going to stay happy scene for this three together but still watching ep 12 broke my heart, why i can't see this three together and why  Popeye has to keep the wrong road ????????

i think we still missing what really happened 24 years ago, even after watching ep 12 and see that he has to handle many things at young age, still it still missing so many things, he clearly not slave to them, not trusting or believe in them like the other kids, he even has hate and i think he trying to destroy them in his own way, the way he acts with KD father show that he never forgive anyone who was abusing them as kids 

On 8.4.2018 at 7:14 PM, nateko said:

Just watched the latest episode and I feel sorry for prosecutor Joo Ha Min. I really like his character and the actor is doing a great job but it seems like his character is up for a tragic ending. I just feel it and it's disappointing. Realistically speaking he's done some questionable things but I enjoyed the little moments between him, Kim Dan and Chun Jae In. If it was a different drama, I would've wanted them to form a team and punish the bad guys together but since it's OCN and because of the drama's current direction it seems impossible right now. Anybody watching it RAW? 

Reveal hidden contents

Did prosecutor Joo really kill Kim Dan's father or it's not certain? My stream died and I missed some of it. 

I  feel sorry for him too, for every kid was there and have to live their lives in the hands of this crazy and inhuman  people who use them and make them beileve that all the inhuman acts and abusing they gave them it was the god's will  and that they did that to save the world, don't joke with me they take from them even the hope of having god's to save them no wounder they gave up and choice to beileve all the crazy things to survive all these years in their hand and words ( i remember the pure young girl who wanted to dance and they even take that from her making her last hope and dream is to have the god's blessing and make her a killer who kill and gave money to them:rage:

about him killing KD father they didn't show the last scene is him watching him being beaten by guys and he looked away, so maybe he didn't shoot him himself but has hand in his death anyway, i hope it not true since i hate seeing him being hated by KD for that, he maybe did many evil things but not that at least, i know that KD father wasn't innocent and he had to pay for his wrongdoing in the past  . even if he left that and was a good father and person for 24 years that don't give him the forgiveness for being part of abusing the kids and other things but at least not in Popeye hands not after KD gave him the time he asked for not to use that to make her feel guilty for given him a chance to destroy them.  no matter what kind of man KD father was he was her father and a good one for all these years and she loved him.

On 7.4.2018 at 10:02 PM, Miky88 said:

Mostly,usually u see it coming when the bell rings and the camera kinda shakes telling a spirit came in her...

Don't think the man is her real father,even before, the girl who was also an orphan mentioned that she had a mother,so more likely she was a single mother that took young Dan Ah to the church as she didn't have much money so she was guested there,the father aka Kim Butler worked there and was like the right man of the Priest,more likely like how the man in blue suit is now(his follwer)...He just saved her from that horrible thing back then and took her in as his daughter while both changed names...

They don't have valid evidence to point him being the mole and even if they clearly suspect it they keep him close better than at distance

it will be like that,  but about him saving her i think it was her who saved him, i don't know how to explain these but i guess we will see the true next week since KD remember everything as she said in the last scene  

On 8.4.2018 at 9:41 PM, Miky88 said:

i think that too that she was the one who saved him, and saved all  the kids , as was written  even the children were supposed to die i think  they survived cause they listen to the young KD and trust her, wow what crazy people, it was a written plot from the start everyone there was part of that horrible crime, it was all act and story they write and the price was many people lives , many children future and crazy monsters they make innocent kids to become . and they still doint it till now   

Here is the episode 12 live-ish transcript style recap!

https://www.bah-doo.com/children-lesser-god-recap-episode-12/

Y'all everything happens in this episode. It is go-go-go all episode long with high stakes thorughout for everyone. At the end of the episode the production team promises that all will be revealed next week with the Heavens Door case!

There are so many shocks this episode but the biggest shock for me is with prosecutor HM and Butler Kim. Has anyone gotten to episode 12 yet so I can gush about it? I don't want to give away anything until then.

7 hours ago, nateko said:

Hide contents

Yes, it does look like it will be a tragic ending for the prosecutor which is a shame!!!!! I have never watched OCN so I don't know how they normally end things. is it usually tragic? 

Answering your hidden content

Spoiler

He didn't kill him. He held the gun to his head and the father begged him to save his Dan. HM gets a call from Dan right at that moment and tells the father that he got his wish, she is safe. Then he walks off. But a group of 5 or so men come up and they have a knife in their hands. It looks like they stab the father with it. HM knows this happens.

A little bit later we see that the father calls KD and meets her on the street. They happily reunite and Dan mentions that she missed him and she wants to go home. It is a pretty happy moment, but then the father collapses. Dan sees that he is bleeding profusely from his back. The father grabs Dan's hands and the bell starts to ring. We see little clips of what happened all those years ago during the Heavens Door event. Her memory is fully restored. But we (the viewers) won't know what happens until next week!

On 7.4.2018 at 7:28 PM, Miky88 said:

I think the spirit is the old woman from the island, but it might not be her.

Also, to the moderator, sorry about all the back to back replies in the forum!

1 hour ago, nateko said:

@Miky88 About that spirit, maybe it is her grandma. I watched episode 4 with Russian subs and when Dan Ah and Jae In went on that island, the grandma (who eventually died) had recognised Dan Ah as the lost girl from the past and said that her grandma was the most powerful shaman in the village. So maybe that's where Dan Ah's powers come from as well as the spirit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It can be her but from the previous stuff i've read,in some versions it tells something like gifted people,like Shamans, at some point were they grow"power wise" they must let a spirit,usually a God enter them becoming the vessels welcoming them and that's how their power will flower and bad omen happenes for those who don't let the spirit who chose them,tormenting and ending up killing them but i guess as they didn't dwelve into this aspect they didn't go that deep into story...So my guess is that a GOD choose her from when she was small...Part of why her Grandma back them didn't allow her to perform those rituals attracting the bad spirits...The powers clearly run into the family and Dan Ah was gifted with them as her late Grandma,curious if the stuff she found back then when they were running away from the church were her grandma stuff...

The grandma from the Island passed on after resolving her business back then...I must say i lowkey wanted a moment with the young man and his father when they dug his grave...

Very sad that no one took this project translating it as the little stuff we find subtitle wise are quite bad...I'm lucky i understand korean mostly  but i'd loved seeing it for accuracy wise

Hi everyone! Joining the forum because I love this show so much yet nobody is talking about it anywhere else...

I really like how the end of every episode is basically a red herring and in the end what actually happens is never what you expect! I was really worried for Ha Min because of the ending of episode 12 and the

Spoiler

letter opener knife that Jae In was holding during their extremely tense conversation.

But I think that is misdirection again... And if anything happens to Ha Min it will not be in episode 13?

8 hours ago, V said:

Yes, it does look like it will be a tragic ending for the prosecutor which is a shame!!!!! I have never watched OCN so I don't know how they normally end things. is it usually tragic?

I've seen a lot of people say the drama is a cross between Black and Save Me (both produced by OCN) and I followed the recaps for both! And none of the leads (or second leads) died so I have some hope for Ha Min...

And if anybody is interested (and understands mandarin) I've been watching the drama with chinese subs! Also understand enough Korean to watch without the subtitles but I re-watch just because I can :b

I like the scenes

1- between ji, Kd, HM this three has something pretty, it like the three different characters make one great picture  together. they make each other shine  and full the each other good and bad points. it shame I hope I could see this three together more like ep 11 even when it was going to be more heart broken later 

2- JI and his sister, they cute , warm and touching  I like their little scenes, it show the true side and feeling that JI has, no wounder  her death break him down seeing how close they were, she was the only person who he feel safe and trusted  with her and she was the only one who understand his odd but nice character  before meeting KD. their scene in ep 12 was so much feeling, the change of JI  face when he talk to her amazing and the way he smile  while  talking about Kd was wow, it like he really want to tell his little sister  about her and tell her about having someone in his life ( I hope he can say that to KD but it his cute and odd character he say that all the time in hard to understand ways )

3- I like HM and Kd scene too, from the start, wow what I don't like here in this drama, this two sad and touching  connection, it like time stop for HM . he may did horrible  things but inside he just that little child  waiting for KD to come back , I can understand apollo words now" popeye is still waiting" he really was waiting for her all this year's to come back, it sad but warm , the two actors make me tearfull with their  little talk and deep face feeling  and eyes pain and smiles.  I will not talk more  for the  sake people who still didn't watch but it really sad I want everyone here to have sub ( me too ) so we can talk about this .

4- Kd and JI I will write a post about them after few hours I need to go out now

I am back 

4- Kd and Ji. what to say they both odd characters in the normal standards but sure Ji win the first place of being odd,  hard to read especially his feeling he just throws out all his feeling and doesn't hide them but the problem he does that in ways that can't be understood at all (poor kD he keep telling her not to touch or not to make move and he doesn't mean that ):expressionless:

so KD has to learn one important rule when Ji talk about love and dating whatever he says " no " he means "yes" and whatever  he warns her "not to do that or this " it means "you supposed  to be trying to do and thinks about these  things now"

he killer with his child side and joke all the time to make you feel like he a little kid :pensive:  . but I like how he there for her even when he not shown it,     

I like how he accept, trust, care, love and value that she beside him. he may not be the most romantic, warm or nice guy but he strong in mind, love,  and respect her so much, he waits for her to be ready to share even when he know she hidden something and he doesn't try to force his thought on how to deal with all that.

he shows all his feelings in wrong ways that Kd can't even understand or think that he may even have a romantic feeling for her while the guy  with 167 IQ think   they moving in good steps in their love and dating life and making progress :joy:  ( he talk about the ideal slow  love steps to him all the time under the thinking that she maybe want faster and she like what !!!:unamused:
Kd is the same she can accept Ji and understand him, she knows how much he nice and caring  person from the inside even when he shows off his fake cool  and style, she the one who there beside  him and the one who honest with him and scold him  whatever he needs ( so often ) , she the one who saved him and he know that if it wasn't for her he maybe couldn't back to his life and fight , he was lost and she comes to him, she warm, simple , strong, act as her feeling say but never gave up or become weak , she makes him see how somone stand up  even after getting so much pain and his all  life is fallen apart

i like this two even when JI is a logic man he accepted and trust KD, if it was someone also he was going to find million logic reason to refuse their proof of superpower but he not trusting her cause she proved it, he believed her proofs cause he trust her 

i know this not a romantic drama, but I like it,  like that the little feeling, connecting and sharing life between this two that more than enough to me the amount is just perfect for this drama and it easy to feel it and max up good with the mystery and dark story.

p.s.

Spoiler

i am just afraid by the end of the drama JI will be talking about marriage and  how to grow up their children and KD will be 

72499-minion-WHAT-gif-Imgur-02n6.gif 

t3QCOADtzMBUc.gif   

Archived