[Drama 2018] Children of The Lesser God 작은 신의 아이들

larus

I have been watching 12-14 raw and guessing most of the time. The subs are not always good either. So I can't really tell if prosecutor Ju has something up his sleeves to bring the two absolutely evil criminals - the priest and the politician- down. He seems to be doing their bidding and in ep 14, taking a shot at Sombe confirmed that he has evil designs of his own.

A few of you wished that he is redeemed in the end. :huh:?? I don't see at this moment. It seems unfair that a child brought up in evil environment turns evil without having a chance to be good? Maybe KD's father was trying to tell the kid that he had a choice.( No sub)

I don't particular like the part of episode 13 which has Sombe being framed for robbing a jewellery. I mean the man was drunk, they could have used another plausible way, maybe hit and run in his drunken stupor. 

Anyway the time in prison is quite lame to me. Two more episodes and looking forward to it.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, nona88 said:

spoiler i am going to talk about ep 14 a little of what happens and a lot of my feeling

Hide contents

wow i had this feeling before getting the end of the drama  and i still enjoy the storyline and the grown  characters, getting the end and i still the story fresh and no dragging on, getting the end i am still enjoying the mystery,  that kind of drama, feeling, story and characters  i get that feeling while watching forest of secrets drama( they should give a more chance to the new writer like this two drama really :love: )

i  have to say i am enjoying the new writer's drama more this past 2 years they still not running after old fame, name or type or what the watchers want and change the story to be just at their wishes and run the storyline. they still have a story to gave ( i don't talk about everyone but really it was hard to find and watch even  one drama to the end , but there were some good and great drama to keep me in kdrama land )

OKAY back to the children of the lesser god:

i have to say that this drama has given the perfect two leads with strong characters, different  personality, great mix, a deep story for both of them and more important  it give a strong  and fair space to the two of them to shine and have their parts of the story 

i loved the feeling with other characters too even the crazy APOLO who die early,  just great casting, great actors, amazing written and good PD and music 

they all shine even the charecters which come for one ep they all had their own feeling and deep impect 

ep 14 :

wordi can eat this two after ep 14 they super sweet without any romance words and act, WOW i liked the two mind and powers playing with the powerful and crazy men 

they both cute, strong and complete each other, i was worry about JI before the ep start and wishing they have a plan and they gave me that, but i didn't even image he throw himself in that place and take all the betting for that plan but great work and i will say that i know he not just a smart man, he strong mind and will  i think we keep forget cause he act like kid all the time how he leaves the life of rich and comfortable to live in street for two years  

i like KD new power, like what she said to HM it was painful but he needed it  from her, like how she stands again  fast it just amazing just like JI said " it took him 2 years to face that, she amazing ". and i like her new strong and sad side she looked so cool and pretty. and by the end of the ep's she and Ji made the funny and the great work together.

i loved her that she even while hating HM she know what he really, she know that he will not be able to hurt her no matter what and she know that without her power but cause she knows how he really feels for her and sure i like her hitting him  down how i can say that was like a wake up call from her to him , she did that to save JI but she also hit him hard to stop him not just from killing JI but to tell him to just stop that road ( just like when JI hug him in ep 13, that what family is)

i liked JI, he grows more on me  as i write in the above post i don't believe he go that far to handle all that treatment and act with his personality that was amazing, he looked so cool this ep,   they didn't show us before so much how he a good fighter beside in ep 5 but he really not just a great IQ or just a show off. i like how he keeps accepting and believing in KD. and again he there for her even when he doesn't show that ( and for the other two cops that just sure now that KD and JI dating poor them they can be against this couple as much as they want they just gave up after all what they seeing , the problem i need KD to see that since JI for sure seeing her like that from the start )

HM i think he still have hope, he keep the video, he has something in his mind and i am thankful that when time come to choice he still can't hurt KD no matter what, that means she still hope for him, that means he doesn't to kill that part of him that little part.KD  is the pure, love , happiness, hope and light that inside him she was like this all these years as he remembers her as a little girl and she come back to become all that for him even before known that she is the same girl the fact that he can't hurt her means to me not just that he loves her so much but that he really don't want to lose that last part of his soul when time comes and he really has to shoot he just couldn't  while remembering the happnese she make him feel 

and last things i really fall for KD and JI cuteness, coolness, strong, smart and powers this ep OMG that was so sweet to watch:heart::love:

p.s. i a little afraid of the KD noise blood that wasn't random right? her power is getting strong but that not a good things all the time i guess, i hope it was nothing no health danger cause her power 

I agree so much with what you said in your spoiler! But I will keep my review of the drama till next week after it ends. And then I might write more after I re-watch it with proper english subtitles!

2 hours ago, maribella said:

I have been watching 12-14 raw and guessing most of the time. The subs are not always good either. So I can't really tell if prosecutor Ju has something up his sleeves to bring the two absolutely evil criminals - the priest and the politician- down. He seems to be doing their bidding and in ep 14, taking a shot at Sombe confirmed that he has evil designs of his own.

A few of you wished that he is redeemed in the end. :huh:?? I don't see at this moment. It seems unfair that a child brought up in evil environment turns evil without having a chance to be good? Maybe KD's father was trying to tell the kid that he had a choice.( No sub)

I don't particular like the part of episode 13 which has Sombe being framed for robbing a jewellery. I mean the man was drunk, they could have used another plausible way, maybe hit and run in his drunken stupor. 

Anyway the time in prison is quite lame to me. Two more episodes and looking forward to it.

I guess due to lack of subs you misinterpreted some events! I'll write them in a spoiler since some people might not have watched episode 14 yet...

Spoiler

The lead detective (Cheon Jae In) is called "Sunbae" by KD and it means senior and is a polite way of addressing somebody older than yourself in schools / workplaces. Sombe isn't a name hahaha. Also, the prosecutor shooting JI was what would have happened - it was a vision that KD received (her powers as a shaman allow her to see snippets of the future) and so she chose to change the future and she stopped him before he shot JI.

Not sure which scene you're referring to about KD's dad and the prosecutor so I can't help with that ^^;; but if it was when they were children and passing envelopes, KD's dad hit all the kids except KD and he hit Apollo so hard he fell and Popeye said that he would kill KD's dad when he grew up.

As for JI in prison - he was framed voluntarily so that he could enter the prison and get access to the mayor of the island that was arrested in an earlier episode. The mayor was one of two people (besides the pastor) who knew where the books with the money transfers recorded was hidden and JI and the rest drove him crazy by causing certain events (which were stated in the bible I believe) like the water being red, lice, insects etc.

Actually, my favourite character in the drama is Prosecutor Ju Hamin... And I really really pity him so much because the way he behaves and reacts really just shows that he is the same scared child he was but with a lot more power... And I don't particularly agree with KD calling him an accomplice for the Heaven's Gate scandal but I think she had a purpose in doing so though it hasn't been shown yet.

Also, the preview snippets are ALWAYS so misleading! Not sure what to expect next week but the good guys will win for sure.

I'm surprised how much I love this show, I've never gone to the extent of watching an episode raw, reading the recap (to make sure I didn't misunderstand things with my intermediate korean) and then re-watching it with chinese subtitles after...

1 hour ago, chubbyfatcat said:

The lead detective (Cheon Jae In) is called "Sunbae" by KD and it means senior and is a polite way of addressing somebody older than yourself in schools / workplaces. Sombe isn't a name hahaha. Also, the prosecutor shooting JI was what would have

I know what that means - extent of my Korean- after watching many dramas.  I just spelt the way it sounds to me.

Unlike you, I don’t find much sympathy for Prosecutor Jo or Popeye, he made his own choices many times. Although I do think the writer & director are trying to elicit sympathy from viewers from the way they showed tears in his eyes- many times and the cold way that he treats Ms Baek- the evil woman deserves more than that.

He did intend to kill Sombe, just KD with her new powers managed to save her co worker- who is quite funny bragging about his 167 IQ to kids.  It is good to have an incredibly smart detective else with all the conspiracies, KD’s ability alone won’t save the little boy. His extra intelligence just balances the evil trio, four if you include Popeye.

Not sure if it's all the crazy cult thingy making me crazy as well... I love reading recaps from V and watching the drama after.

It just seems that the "English subtitles" just appeared on the screen for me and I have absolutely no issue understanding the drama and cried when the scene call for it. Laugh when it is funny.

This is indeed a crazy, crazy drama that I happened to fallen head over heels like the crazy church goers. Hahaha

@nona88 I saw you and V discussing the scene where JI and SI were talking and SI asked about kissing so I went back to try to transcribe the convo but I literally couldn't make out the words... But the chinese translations imply that JI said that they kissed... But when?

I mean if you look at the translations literally, there is no female subject and SI is just asking if he has kissed and whether he liked it to which he replied that he did. Only because they mentioned KD slightly earlier and he said she was pretty its implied they mean her HAHAHA translation is confusing...

Chi subs from that part:

SI:亲过没?有没有过啊?亲了 亲了 亲了 亲了是吧。喜欢吗?
JI:喜欢。
SI:什么?

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Hmm.. it's pretty ambigious with the dialogue.

It could also mean if he like her? Because he did not reply the "kissing" part, but the "like" part.

OH I get what you mean! Ah the ambiguity of language... I assumed the like part was in reference to the kissing because there was no new subject introduced... And I don't even know how the chinese subbers managed to hear the dialogue, I turned my sound all the way up and it was still muffled.

I doubt the focus on this drama is romance.

OCN crime thriller drama usually are bad tease in romance. :grin:

Just a hint of this and that to keep us enticed and anticipated.

But I really like the unspoken chemistry between KD and JI. They work well together and I was assuming/dreaming that JI is very very concern on KD's well-being. 

2 more episodes left?

I won't be surprised if there's still no sign of romance or the ending will be both lead looking at each other, smiling and fade out or both lead smiling at something and fade out.

And there's something that bugged me...

HM saw the video right? 

What / who surprised him at the end?

I have a bad feeling and I don't understand a thing without the subtitles!

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

I doubt the focus on this drama is romance.

OCN crime thriller drama usually are bad tease in romance. :grin:

Just a hint of this and that to keep us enticed and anticipated.

But I really like the unspoken chemistry between KD and JI. They work well together and I was assuming/dreaming that JI is very very concern on KD's well-being. 

2 more episodes left?

I won't be surprised if there's still no sign of romance or the ending will be both lead looking at each other, smiling and fade out or both lead smiling at something and fade out.

And there's something that bugged me...

HM saw the video right? 

What / who surprised him at the end?

I have a bad feeling and I don't understand a thing without the subtitles!

yes this kind of drama talk about the unspoken  romance more then obvious one 

we may not have a big  romance in the end but I think the writer  will gave  some progress he  did with every ep  from JI  view and the last two episodes show how KD to had change of heart  to him .

it unspoken  but the writter  making  it,  it will be easy to see that when we all have a properly sub

I like their  romance in the ep 14 when HM was about to shoot JI  , KD run in front of the gun  for the second time to save him and after HM down she said "I told you , you cant shoot  me " even when she know he was going to shoot JI she was mean that shoot JI it the same as shooting  her that why we saw that look on HM and JI faces

about HM he was shock cause after watching the preview he know why JI go to prison  he know from the video  that the island  man has the account  books 

19 hours ago, chubbyfatcat said:

@nona88 I saw you and V discussing the scene where JI and SI were talking and SI asked about kissing so I went back to try to transcribe the convo but I literally couldn't make out the words... But the chinese translations imply that JI said that they kissed... But when?

I mean if you look at the translations literally, there is no female subject and SI is just asking if he has kissed and whether he liked it to which he replied that he did. Only because they mentioned KD slightly earlier and he said she was pretty its implied they mean her HAHAHA translation is confusing...

Chi subs from that part:

SI:亲过没?有没有过啊?亲了 亲了 亲了 亲了是吧。喜欢吗?
JI:喜欢。
SI:什么?

thanks  for trying to help,  trust me I have a my share of understanding Korean but I couldn't  get that scene either , yeh I thought before reading recap that she ask him  " opaa do you like her"  but if that about "kiss" like the recap and the subs  say 

then I have no idea if they were talking about KD or in causal talking if he ever kiss a girl. 

but as I get JI was so close to his sister he tell her everything's  about his life since she was the normal  adviser in life matter and she know he have problem with romance since she know his history. so I don't think she needed to wait to be death   to ask him if he ever kissed anyone  I am sure she tease him about that from age 16 that he have no romance or soical skills  and get her answer looking at JI talking personality ( come one we saw it from ep 1 she was acting like his mother in life and soical matter) 

but how can we be sure if they didn't give us any hints in the last 2 ep's or not find any good  sub ( I mean really good one) 

4 hours ago, chubbyfatcat said:

OH I get what you mean! Ah the ambiguity of language... I assumed the like part was in reference to the kissing because there was no new subject introduced... And I don't even know how the chinese subbers managed to hear the dialogue, I turned my sound all the way up and it was still muffled.

dear I did the same :joy: I turned  the sound up and I tried  to hear what going on after reading the recap :sweat: I don't know how they get that part too 

okay it not like it  the most important part of the drama I like their  romance without  the kiss subject  but wow they make some of us busy trying to understand  a  10 seconds  of the drama  I think we just want to know just to know , having no sub at least a good one killing us :bawling:

I hope that after this weekend, Netflix will FINALLY put the whole season up! So I can binge watch it with good and accurate subtitles... I also think there will be no outright romance even at the end but maybe they will hint something... I'm always very amused by the way the two other male detectives speculate about their relationship in their very non-discreet fashion :joy: one saying KD can do better and one saying JI can do better.

Actually quite a lot of people on the Korean talk board are requesting for a season 2 of the show but I can't imagine what they could write for a second season!

13 hours ago, chubbyfatcat said:

I hope that after this weekend, Netflix will FINALLY put the whole season up! So I can binge watch it with good and accurate subtitles... I also think there will be no outright romance even at the end but maybe they will hint something... I'm always very amused by the way the two other male detectives speculate about their relationship in their very non-discreet fashion :joy: one saying KD can do better and one saying JI can do better.

Actually quite a lot of people on the Korean talk board are requesting for a season 2 of the show but I can't imagine what they could write for a second season!

I like this drama so much 

but I have problem  with season 2 in the past 3 years not every drama could keep the seem level  and feeling with more season.

sometime it better to end it and keep the rest to our imaging  

I will take what they gave in the end  (just dont killing them please ) it wasn't romantic drama or have that part as obvious thing from the start.

but they did make us enjoy the two different detectives  love and romance hints,  it was a very good work from the actors no double  and their crazma was big, but it was also  cause  the writer give us all the talk and hints about that in the plot (JI was from ep 1 showen that even after what she did with apolo  back then and also she but it was more latter for her  they just  cute and werid couple ) 

I know it not going to end with love confess  or kiss or something like that but I will take what they gave as ending and I still have the  crazy thought  that JI maybe will be talking and teaching KD  about how to raise  a childern by the end ( he like to  jumping in his thought and getting ready to what next steps forgotten  the present step first ) 

about the ending it make me remember: 

Spoiler

my favorite and first  drama with this  type ( first ocn drama too) that also had  the unspoken  romance was God quiz  season 1 they was playing and fighting like kids all the time and I was ready that I am not going to have any romance ending but wala they did make them go in date in the final episode of season 1 and I was like "what ".

it wasnt strange it was great, sweet and cute and in it place but sure I didn't see that coming since I was ready that it not romance drama after all and will not give the couple  progress by the end.

so from that I learn watching this type of drama especially when lead has this great feeling is to know that  nothing to wait for and sure no reason to have no hope , they may do the same with this drama too and gave us  a spoken romance by the end or maybe not 

p.s. I watched the other seasons  too it was amazing drama but sure season 1+2 was the best to me and they were more then enought 

12 hours ago, nona88 said:

I like this drama so much 

but I have problem  with season 2 in the past 3 years not every drama could keep the seem level  and feeling with more season.

sometime it better to end it and keep the rest to our imaging  

I will take what they gave in the end  (just dont killing them please ) it wasn't romantic drama or have that part as obvious thing from the start.

I don't think any of the main characters will die, that is not really OCN's style... And also, I saw some spoilers floating on twitter and Shim Heeseob's fan cafe... It appears that they finished filming :)

Spoiler

OMG OMG OMG HM DIDN'T IN ANY WAY GET KILLED. So many people were speculating he was going to die and I got so worried cause he's my fav character and it looks like in the end he managed to fulfill his childhood dream even omg

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

DbNwtEHV4AIWRyh.jpg:large

11 hours ago, chubbyfatcat said:

I don't think any of the main characters will die, that is not really OCN's style... And also, I saw some spoilers floating on twitter and Shim Heeseob's fan cafe... It appears that they finished filming :)

Hide contents

OMG OMG OMG HM DIDN'T IN ANY WAY GET KILLED. So many people were speculating he was going to die and I got so worried cause he's my fav character and it looks like in the end he managed to fulfill his childhood dream even omg

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

oh  thanks for the spoiler  but he look with the same clothes from the preview i will wait to see after all i want him to have a chance too 

by the way, another new still's  is out for JI be ready he looks hot and like a grown man :joy:

Spoiler

201804210908392410_1.jpg  

it seems he doing it again like what he did to get the heaven door files 

he gathering  some powerful and guilty men in  the room and  making a deal  ( i think their names written  in the books)

maybe he saying if they join hand with him and bring down the pastor and the other he will look away on them taking money 

or maybe he just bringing them down without a deal,  i will have to wait to see what he going to  do . after all we sure have many ideas with JI character

but one thing is for sure   he will look hot in that scene playing with the powerful men and sure i will enjoy this photo here for now  since he will not be so calm and cool and let me enjoy the scene of a hot man in the suit rather  he will make it funny

4 hours ago, nona88 said:

oh  thanks for the spoiler  but he look with the same clothes from the preview i will wait to see after all i want him to have a chance too 

by the way, another new still's  is out for JI be ready he looks hot and like a grown man :joy:

Reveal hidden contents

201804210908392410_1.jpg  

it seems he doing it again like what he did to get the heaven door files 

he gathering  some powerful and guilty men in  the room and  making a deal  ( i think their names written  in the books)

maybe he saying if they join hand with him and bring down the pastor and the other he will look away on them taking money 

or maybe he just bringing them down without a deal,  i will have to wait to see what he going to  do . after all we sure have many ideas with JI character

but one thing is for sure   he will look hot in that scene playing with the powerful men and sure i will enjoy this photo here for now  since he will not be so calm and cool and let me enjoy the scene of a hot man in the suit rather  he will make it funny

Apparently somebody snapped that picture when they randomly ran into the final filming location at Incheon! And I think its confirmed~

And omg yes the stills for JI :love: I wonder how they are gonna use the new evidence they have to take down the enemy!

The end of episode 15, omg :bawling:

Spoiler

KD saved HM!!! The korean fans guessed right that him dying was a vision TT_TT

But honestly KD is a superwoman, she got hit by a car, then she still went to the building, got hit by people on the way up and still stood tall during the final showdown... It also looks like she shot some people? I finally rewatched the preview for tomorrow and saw who the nasty people in black with guns were TT_TT

Actually the drama did leave quite a lot of unanswered questions for me, I wish everything was closed nicely :( Will probably come up with a full list tomorrow after the final episode!!!

Archived