Ayame

It saddens me to know they do that to Minki in their thread. Let's not do the same and just focus on our couple. Keep up the positive vibes! 

Thanks for the article translations of Somin's interviews. I like her answers! In the BTS you can totally see they have fun filming and the atmosphere was really great! Plus that question about dating Minki.. :D

Also, it's Monday again tomorrow. Missing the drama and SoMinki so much. 

PS: Preorder for the DVD starts tomorrow!! I can't wait to get my copy and see all the goodies (especially the commentary, because it seems there's no chance of post drama interview from Sunbae oppa haha)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@velvetine... LOVE the phases of shipping SoMinki. Thank you very much!  If there will be a Season 2 & their wedding date is released because someone is on the family way.... (can delulu with the best of them).

JSM was at the top of her class in university so I wasn't surprised with how she answers the media.  However, LMK, in his interviews, is so earnest ... yup, it's good he's not doing interviews....

1 hour ago, Ros Rivera said:

@mydisplayname I agree. I lurked in Naver videos and the comments from Knetz were mostly about praising LMK/SH,  SoMinKi chemistry and demanding for season 2. LMK 's image is renewed now, thanks to BTIMFL. I cannot be any happier for him for this new-found respectable image and popularity. Haters can choke (just kidding)... 

You can omit the just kidding part. It's true anyway XD

Spoiler

I've seen an article about LMK and another actor who regain fame after their scandals. The comments in naver was translated there. Most of the comments were defending LMK from being compared from the other actor who was also charged with sexual assault, saying LMK was a third party in his scandal, meaning he's not directly involved but his friends (I'm assuming friends from military since he was enlisted that time) but the other actor was the "party", meaning that actor has direct involvement. I think only one negative comment was there, however, I cannot really say that comment attacks him per se.

I think he really gained the favor of the knets now. However, I think he will go lowkey until another project comes along. I think there will be actor interviews/commentaries in the DVD. We may see him then, hopefully (fingers crossed, kneeling, pleading) together with Somin. ❤

45 minutes ago, Ros Rivera said:

This looks like it was recently taken! Both of them are looking well - rested. 

They look younger tho? Also from the short sleeves I don’t think it’s a recent one. But I had no idea they already knew each other?

15 minutes ago, meiil said:

They look younger tho? Also from the short sleeves I don’t think it’s a recent one. But I had no idea they already knew each other?

They worked together in Monster and Very Ordinary Couple.

Just wanna add, I really like it when I see LMK's SoKor fans refer to him as "밍기"/Ming Ki. ❤

just for fun... since i'm stalking all hashtag with #sominki or #btimfl #becausethisismyfirstlife there are some comments that it makes me feel meh???? . here are some of those comments and have a self reflection in a funny way: (part 1) 

1. The lead actor (lee minki) is not an oppa/ why tvn get a not looking guy to be the lead actor ?

my self reflection:

a. remember  beauty is in the eye of the be holder in short hansomeness is in the eye of the beholder...lee minki has a looks that will grow on you..:)

b. wait, is there guidelines to be considered, so that an actor can be an oppa? funny that now a days when i look the actors that they call oppa are actors that wear more reddish liptint, more obvious use of bb cream, smoother face  and more beautiful than their co actress :D

(remember episode 6 where the sister in law  implying that sehee is hansome and jiho was suprised and then started looking at se hee attentuively  i don't know if it really intended or parallel to definition of minki's look lol) 

2. Lots of constructive criticism on the last two episodes (even comparing it in layers of a cake, they feel that they have amnesia or questioning it is the same k drama that they watch) 

a. well i'm not the writer of btimfl and i guessed the writer thinks that is  best scenes in the last 2 episodes.

b. it still relatable and still connected to the whole story and beside the last two episodes is not that weirder than the last two episodes where we know from episode 1 that he is an alien and then at the end  he  need to go back to his planet to recharged ( so his not really an alien but a robot alien?) or the lead actor who is 900 years old finally will have a happy ending and then bam the main actress sacrifice herself  died in a car accident  and then the main actor wait for another 100 years to have a happy ending, or the main actress with lot of giddy scene and romantic scene with the lead guy but ended up with another lead guy. :D

3. Jung So min looks  better with actor A, or Actor B or Actor C than lee minki...in terms of chemistry

I agree   Jung so Min looks is not better with Lee Minki in terms of chemistry ... because   Jung so min looks BEST with lee minki in terms of chemistry!

on the side note specially to jung so min fans here, does kfans also want jung so min to date lee kwangsoo in real life during the time of their series? hmmm i find it a little bit weird that so min compare it to best couple award with kwang soo... so she feel that she's already a winner to minki's heart??? lol) 

1 hour ago, meiil said:

So the poster commented and apparently, this is not a recent photo. However, it's the first time that I've seen this posted. 

34 minutes ago, renvic said:

just for fun... since i'm stalking all hashtag with #sominki or #btimfl #becausethisismyfirstlife there are some comments that it makes me feel meh???? . here are some of those comments and have a self reflection in a funny way: (part 1) 

1. The lead actor (lee minki) is not an oppa/ why tvn get a not looking guy to be the lead actor ?

my self reflection:

a. remember  beauty is in the eye of the be holder in short hansomeness is in the eye of the beholder...lee minki has a looks that will grow on you..:)

b. wait, is there guidelines to be considered, so that an actor can be an oppa? funny that now a days when i look the actors that they call oppa are actors that wear more reddish liptint, more obvious use of bb cream, smoother face  and more beautiful than their co actress :D

(remember episode 6 where the sister in law  implying that sehee is hansome and jiho was suprised and then started looking at se hee attentuively  i don't know if it really intended or parallel to definition of minki's look lol) 

2. Lots of constructive criticism on the last two episodes (even comparing it in layers of a cake, they feel that they have amnesia or questioning it is the same k drama that they watch) 

a. well i'm not the writer of btimfl and i guessed the writer thinks that is  best scenes in the last 2 episodes.

b. it still relatable and still connected to the whole story and beside the last two episodes is not that weirder than the last two episodes where we know from episode 1 that he is an alien and then at the end  he  need to go back to his planet to recharged ( so his not really an alien but a robot alien?) or the lead actor who is 900 years old finally will have a happy ending and then bam the main actress sacrifice herself  died in a car accident  and then the main actor wait for another 100 years to have a happy ending, or the main actress with lot of giddy scene and romantic scene with the lead guy but ended up with another lead guy. :D

3. Jung So min looks  better with actor A, or Actor B or Actor C than lee minki...in terms of chemistry

I agree   Jung so Min looks is not better with Lee Minki in terms of chemistry ... because   Jung so min looks BEST with lee minki in terms of chemistry!

on the side note specially to jung so min fans here, does kfans also want jung so min to date lee kwangsoo in real life during the time of their series? hmmm i find it a little bit weird that so min compare it to best couple award with kwang soo... so she feel that she's already a winner to minki's heart??? lol) 

To be fair, LMK is good looking during his younger days. Imagine, he was paired with Eugene, Chaerim and Son Ye Jin, their generation’s biggest stars and even Jung So Min’s seniors. From what I can see, its not impossible for him to reach mainstream status during his heydays but seems like he chose a different path as he skipped dramas and concentrated to movies and music. 

14e6be990c1c22ff3ab44c888ff2bdd512308464

Plus LMK is a good actor, they should watch the whole show first or even research about him before judging that he doesn’t fit Somin, etc. 

Tho yeah he looks different now, he lost so much weight in his face plus his looks as Sae Hee was also intended to look older than his age. 

I think JSM compared it to LKS because she won the best couple award, hence she can say that their chemistry is good. I came accross one article SM comparing her chemistry with LKS and LJ only.

34 minutes ago, renvic said:

my self reflection:

Sorry to cut your post, but I 100% agree.

tumblr_lzobb4XjLi1qjlsz7.gif

LMK has also a coyly/bashful smile but at the fime a very fiercely look that not very so called oppa can pull of 

Also I think he's one of those actors who looks the same as he does as celebrity. Sometimes I can barely recognise the guys as soon as they prepare for enlistment. 

2 hours ago, Ros Rivera said:

This looks like it was recently taken! Both of them are looking well - rested. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this, Chingu!  MinKi seems to like kids a lot! Awwww! 

1 hour ago, MianneChan said:

They worked together in Monster and Very Ordinary Couple.

Just wanna add, I really like it when I see LMK's SoKor fans refer to him as "밍기"/Ming Ki. ❤

What’s the meaning of Ming Ki, Chingu? 

With all of the comparisons of JSMs co-lead actor: I think to each his/her own. But bashing another actor is unacceptable. These actors work very hard to get to where they are, at least in general. And I’m grateful for their work, their craft, their art.

LMK is not your typical Korean “idol”/ oppa- and probably the most fascinating thing about him. 

I’m very curious about all the real life (if any - and I think there are but may be difficult to prove) - parallels of SH and JH to LMK and JSM.  I don’t know why - but I think Eps 11 and 12 are full of these parallels. (Take with grain of salt because it’s only speculation of course).

For example, PBE and LMK are friends in real life and it looks like they are quite close.  It seems that is also the case in Ep 11 as CEO Ma describes what SH is like to SJ. That was heartfelt. It was as if PBE was speaking from his heart about LMK, not SH.

Another example, when SH refers to JH as a “defender”. Someone here (forgive me for not giving proper acknowledgements because this thread is moving so fast) that they noticed how JSM looked miffed/ pissed when a reporter asked LMK about his scandal during the press conference.

Are these all coincidences? Probably. But - I am so moved as a viewer that PDnim and writernim did their research very well to weave the actors’ real lives, it seems, into this production. Quite honestly, could be considered borderline stalking (for lack of a better word) in a non-negative way. 

I wonder (and I’m excited) if these will all be revealed in time ..:wub:

Speaking of show rl parallels... Somin keeps repeating how much this show is/was her fate, how much she resembles to JiHo, she even said that she finds LMK has something of SeHe as well... she’s giving the best and smartes answers about her private life, and she’s been keeping a very low profile since the show ended... let’s just write down all these interesting coincidences...I have a good feeling there will be more in the near future... 

7 hours ago, seonamcouple said:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this, Chingu!  MinKi seems to like kids a lot! Awwww! 

What’s the meaning of Ming Ki, Chingu? 

It's just a cute version of Min Ki. More like a nickname they have for him. I always see it being used in Twitter and IG by his Korean fans. ❤

I haven't posted much lately since I'm busy again (with Christmas coming up and all). Just want to let everyone know that the pre-order for the DVD will be starting in about 3 hours 15 minutes from the time I'm posting this. ^^ (12:00 Korean time)

What'd I miss? LOL just kidding. 

Between holding events for the office and hosting visiting relatives it's just been a flurry of activity and tremendous lack of sleep. Rather than me posting stream-of-consciousness type of rambles that would be most likely a lot of "I miss SoMinKiiiiiiii" over and over, I held off until I could actually be halfway coherent to post actual content. So sorry if I haven't been posting as much and just been liking/reacting to posts. Thank YOU to everyone for your posts! 

I am grateful for the interviews that So Min has been giving. I love the insight her thoughts impart and it certainly affirms certain camaraderie seen on the BTS. 

But a part of me now wants the interviews to end. Am I weird? In as much as I would like to get as much information about her/them as possible, I also wish for her to now go "off grid" the way Min Ki has. It's almost like when you're trying to get over something--you can't really get past it if you keep talking about it. 

To be clear, it's not that I want her/them to forget. Rather, I want it to be stored away and cherished instead of it being rehashed over and over. 

When the dust settles, we shall now see how exactly the drama has changed their lives. And how they view each other--friends/more/colleagues/etc. Based on the Marie Claire interview, we could see that the drama and the characters they play resonated with them. As time went by, that bond grew deeper and richer as they all got to know each other. 

Anyway, that's just my opinion--of course, our beloved couple will do whatever they need to do. And I am prepping myself for a long stretch of missing them even more when the posts about the drama become less and less. In the meantime, we have fond memories, wacky scenarios, and delicious mysteries to look back on. Let's be like bears getting ready for winter--gather all the wonderful info we have on them now and store them so it'll keep us warm when we need it to.

If the waters get rough, my advice is: 

preview.png

I tell myself this during moments of weakness. At this time though, it's not as bad. :wink: Of course, no harm, no foul if one's heart cannot stand it anymore. I know I'll support and respect anyone's decision to weather the rough seas of shipping or to abandon ship. 

Lastly, I am somewhat proud that So Min expressed her displeasure (via facial expressions) at the media's questioning of LMK's scandal in the pre-drama Press Conference. It also made me wonder if it triggered a certain protectiveness towards him that she may harbor. One of the thoughts that came to mind when I first watched that last hug at the end that they shared was her way of saying, "See? I told you it'll be okay." -- I don't know, it felt like that in the way she patted and stroked his back. 

I'll stop here for now as I'm losing my senses. Thanks for reading. And Happy Holidays. :)

Archived