Ayame

@ahhhjummahhhjo I can't agree more with your post. Very often, shippers get carried away with what THEY want to see from their ship, but not what the couple themselves need. 

Like you, my wish is that they can enjoy quiet and private time out of the limelight, to get to know each other as LMK and JSM, not as NSH and YJH. 

I would actually be alarmed if JSM keeps giving interviews and divulging about her private life, cos that would indicate a major incompatibility with LMK, who has made it a point to separate his public persona from his private life, and tried to live as much as a private citizen as possible. 

What I would really love to see though, is LMK getting cast in more movies and if the script is right, a good drama ( I want to see him in an OCN crime/thriller so badly, he was so good as angry SH confronting the PD!!).

What this guy needs most now is to re-build his career, not for his love life to be exposed. 

*back to lurking*

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

@ahhhjummahhhjo I can't agree more with your post. Very often, shippers get carried away with what THEY want to see from their ship, but not what the couple themselves need. 

Like you, my wish is that they can enjoy quiet and private time out of the limelight, to get to know each other as LMK and JSM, not as NSH and YJH. 

I would actually be alarmed if JSM keeps giving interviews and divulging about her private life, cos that would indicate a major incompatibility with LMK, who has made it a point to separate his public persona from his private life, and tried to live as much as a private citizen as possible. 

What I would really live to see though, is LMK getting cast in more movies and if the script is right, a good drama ( I want to see him in an OCN crime/thriller so badly, he was so good as angry SH confronting the PD!!).

What this guy needs most now is to re-build his career, not for his love life to be exposed. 

*back to lurking*

Same here, I dont want to overanalyze things, what important is that they respect each other. And if fate allows, get to know each other outside work during their private time.

But same sentiments for LMK, dont get me wrong, I actually warmed up to JSM first maybe because of Jiho, but as what I can see, JSM is more taken care of by her management at the moment. And pretty obvious that before BIMFL, she also had a successful show and another pairing. Her agency also seems to be looking after her now that she got consecutive drama success - looking after her IG posts, doing multiple interviews, and even vlive . 

While LMK, despite that he equally performed and delivered a layered complicated character such as NSH, he wasn’t even given the chance to be complimented in public/media (e.g interviews). Maybe his choice to stay away but still. So hoping that he gets more quality projects, in dramas preferably, as soon as he could. He is workaholic so just please the audience with your work instead. That’s right, the guy needs to rebuild his career at this time.

thanks to minmincouple ig for explanation coz the first time i watched this part i wonder who holds the smartphone because it is not as steady before.

hmmm honestly i'm  more curious if the writer or the director personally choose to cast lee minki and jun so min to be se hee and jiho because there are parallels in real life  of minki and so min and also after  lee minki's name announced that he will play sehee, on the following day jun so min also been casted in btimfl ... although it may soind delulu but right now i feel like the word "my man" in jiho's phone and "mine"  on sehee's phone is somehow itd their personal  choice of pet name.

6 hours ago, velvetine said:

Okay, it's time to switch my hyper-delulu mode on once again! Me and my husband have written a tribute to our beloved couple, in form of a story. Please think before you decide to reveal the spoiler box below, you might want to skip this post now if you can't handle my level of delusions (especially you, other shippers, who lurk here).

Hide contents

this-life-is-our-first.jpg?w=816

The Angel sent from Heaven to bestow light upon darkness that engulfs the life of a Man

(our tribute to Jung So-min and Lee Min-ki)

He was in despair. He fell into a black hole from which he cannot escape for God knows how many years to come. His only chance of redemption fell through, leaving him with nothing but bad memories and a tainted reputation that haunt endlessly and keep him awake at night.

One year passed as the hole he fell into slowly becoming his sanctuary, his hiding place from the curious eyes, ears, and tongues of the unforgiving world. Until one day, his second chance to redeem himself surfaced in front of him. A contract which might have the power to bring him back to the glorious days. This time, he was finally able to grasp the opportunity.

On that fateful day, dressed in black which might represent his life and the ordeal he's going through, he met an Angel. A bright, beautiful, and bubbly Angel who never forgets to wear a smile. He does not know this Angel, but he felt comfortable with her since the beginning. He decided to leave his black dress and wear a bright white to match her. He naively thought, the woman is going to be his savior. Naive indeed, but understandable, seeing that he spent too many days inside the black hole that he's longing for a warm embrace.

Hide contents

The man then realized, in order to redeem himself, he will have to face his demons. Calmly, he declared an oath in front of millions of eyes, a promise to become a better person than he used to be. Upon hearing this, the Angel who was visibly upset at first, eventually nodded her head and briefly smiled as a subtle sign of support. She also made a promise, but to herself, "I shall do my best to defend this man."

Hide contents

Days turn to weeks, and weeks turn to months. The man and the Angel who couldn't shake the feeling of awkwardness during their encounter, have become so close. Their days are always filled with laughter and joy. She puts her best effort to involve the man in cute moments and activities to make him feel at ease.

Hide contents

Concerned with his skinny figure, she even shared delicious meal with him to keep him healthy and vigorous, as his path to redemption still stretches so far ahead, and he will need all the energy to take himself to his destination.

Hide contents

Little does he know, that she also quietly paint bright colors to his bleak and mundane past, as reflected in his life's journal. Even if he does not realize it, others do. The contrast of colors were all too noticeable to miss.

Hide contents

Eventually and inevitably, his feelings of gratitude developed into something more intimate. The man started to fall in love with the Angel. It might be mere respect and admiration, but no matter how he and others deny it, his eyes just cannot lie, everytime he looked at her. No one could tell for sure if his feelings will ever be reciprocated, but for now, that is enough for hom.

Hide contents

Months passed, and at last, the man found his redemption. The eyes of disgust around him have turned into eyes of adoration. He finally crawled out his own prison. His old self has come back, in a much better, more mature state. He owes it to the Angel, who accepted him for what he was, never staying away from him, and made him feel comfortable. She had bestowed light that cleared out the clouds of darkness which surrounded him for so long, and he is forever grateful to him. The Angels have done her part, and it was time for her to depart. The man does not know if he will ever see her again, nor if he will still be in love with her when they part ways, but all he wanted that day was to embrace her for one last time in a long while. "Thank you", he said, from deep inside his heart.

Hide contents

- to be continued? -

That's all, hope you enjoyed it, thanks for reading. Sorry if it's bad linguistically, English is not our first language :)

- M -

Beautifully presented ... can be another drama for our SoMinki!

2 hours ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

What I would really love to see though, is LMK getting cast in more movies and if the script is right, a good drama ( I want to see him in an OCN crime/thriller so badly, he was so good as angry SH confronting the PD!!).

*back to lurking*

I understand what your saying but in all truth Somin isn’t giving tons of interviews talking about her private life. The interviews we’re reading were all made on the same press day (last week), they are just releasing them one by one. Plus Somin isn’t talking about her private life at all, she kept saying the same things over and over again about the drama, her career, the cast etc except for a few Lmk questions to which she gave very smart and vague answers... she didn’t say anything about her private life or the people in it. Like I already said I personally believe they’ve both gone off the radar (lmk totally disappeared) after the show and thanks to the few hints I feel they are spending time together... as for the depth of this bonding, that is something only them know. 

26 minutes ago, meiil said:

I understand what your saying but in all truth Somin isn’t giving tons of interviews talking about her private life. The interviews we’re reading were all made on the same press day (last week), they are just releasing them one by one. Plus Somin isn’t talking about her private life at all, she kept saying the same things over and over again about the drama, her career, the cast etc except for a few Lmk questions to which she gave very smart and vague answers... she didn’t say anything about her private life or the people in it. Like I already said I personally believe they’ve both gone off the radar (lmk totally disappeared) after the show and thanks to the few hints I feel they are spending time together... as for the depth of this bonding, that is something only them know. 

As what I understand, she means she couldn't agree more with ajhummajjo so she's agreeable with her post.  And that she also wished the same for LMK & JSM to enjoy quiet time out of limelight.  So if JSM would grant interviews about her private life, it's only then she would be alarmed.   

LOL, am I right @rembrandtz_5e20  ???

4 minutes ago, b4l01 said:

As what I understand, she means she couldn't agree more with ajhummajjo so she's agreeable with her post.  And that she also wished the same for LMK & JSM to enjoy quiet time out of limelight.  So if JSM would grant interviews about her private life, it's only then she would be alarmed.   

Yes, thanks for clearing that up for me. 

I think JSM is also a fiercely private person when it comes to her relationship. From her interviews, we can tell that she has dated before, so the fact that she has no known boyfriends shows she is a good 'defender' against prying eyes :) Let's keep it that way! 

Like LMK, I also adore her. She looks soft and gentle outside but she is a tough cookie who has her own mind! 

1 minute ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

Yes, thanks for clearing that up for me. 

I think JSM is also a fiercely private person when it comes to her relationship. From her interviews, we can tell that she has dated before, so the fact that she has no known boyfriends shows she is a good 'defender' against prying eyes :) Let's keep it that way! 

Like LMK, I also adore her. She looks soft and gentle outside but she is a tough cookie who has her own mind! 

12 minutes ago, b4l01 said:

All cool then, we all agree. Thanks for making it clearer. :) 

:) Thanks for your responses @jughead2000, @rembrandtz_5e20, @meiil, and @b4l01

I wanted to clarify myself as well--it's not that I don't like her giving interviews about the drama, it's just that the busy schedule seems like it's not allowing her to decompress/debrief/disengage from the role. I understand that the agency is "striking while the iron is hot" and this is not a knock on their methods, but I would love to see everything wind down so that she is left to reflect on the fond memories she gained from the drama. Also, I do understand that it's not a gajillion interviews she's giving but these articles are giving us snippets of the interviews she did do post-BTIMFL. 

Anyway, perhaps this is just me saying, "Let her be so she can spend time with her Oppa Sunbae Oppa. LOL. 

On the other hand, my theory about LMK's management methods are that they are being strategic with his absence. Besides LMK himself being a private person and an introvert, BTIMFL is his first drama after a while and after an unsavory situation. I can see how his management is waiting to see what perception of LMK remains in the public's minds once he is far enough away time-wise from this drama. Very happy that it was a successful comeback--one that LMK certainly strived for and deserves with his stellar performance. 

On overanalysis - And believe me, I'm one of the people who do this quite often as you've seen on the thread. :D --Just wanted to reiterate that while I'm okay with delulu and looking at things from different angles and discussing it in a safe space, what would not be cool is that I start insisting my "truth" on others or on our beloved couple. Sometimes it's just great to have a place to test theories with instead of having ideas roll around in your head. This thread has allowed that and without judgment. It's meant to be fun and not toxic. And I have faith we can keep it that way. 

5 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

:) Thanks for your responses @jughead2000, @rembrandtz_5e20, @meiil, and @b4l01

I wanted to clarify myself as well--it's not that I don't like her giving interviews about the drama, it's just that the busy schedule seems like it's not allowing her to decompress/debrief/disengage from the role. I understand that the agency is "striking while the iron is hot" and this is not a knock on their methods, but I would love to see everything wind down so that she is left to reflect on the fond memories she gained from the drama. Also, I do understand that it's not a gajillion interviews she's giving but these articles are giving us snippets of the interviews she did do post-BTIMFL. 

Anyway, perhaps this is just me saying, "Let her be so she can spend time with her Oppa Sunbae Oppa. LOL. 

On the other hand, my theory about LMK's management methods are that they are being strategic with his absence. Besides LMK himself being a private person and an introvert, BTIMFL is his first drama after a while and after an unsavory situation. I can see how his management is waiting to see what perception of LMK remains in the public's minds once he is far enough away time-wise from this drama. Very happy that it was a successful comeback--one that LMK certainly strived for and deserves with his stellar performance. 

On overanalysis - And believe me, I'm one of the people who do this quite often as you've seen on the thread. :D --Just wanted to reiterate that while I'm okay with delulu and looking at things from different angles and discussing it in a safe space, what would not be cool is that I start insisting my "truth" on others or on our beloved couple. Sometimes it's just great to have a place to test theories with instead of having ideas roll around in your head. This thread has allowed that and without judgment. It's meant to be fun and not toxic. And I have faith we can keep it that way. 

I'm hoping they do communicate since LMK went ninja-mode.

Same thoughts on shipping positively. I did comment on it days ago. Somin and Minki are both people with their own lives and we, their fans, are just onlookers. We all speculate and have fun with high class delulu, but we all have to remember not to hurt others or impose our ship on others as truth. It's a reminder for us not to go through the toxic tunnel and to make Sominki a toxic-free ship. :)

10 hours ago, snowping said:

I see new Somin's interviews translations by minmincouple1616 on ig. I don't understand about she said. Maybe my english is not good.

'Jung So Min: "I felt like I had a little bit delayed for my career acting and I felt like I had gotten rid of my desire for romance. If I'm realized to think about love, honestly I wil, but I don't think yet. Don't you think this year will be passing by if you meet someone you've never met?'

Is it deny her about relatioanship between Minki and her?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bczr_1ZhuCX/?taken-by=minmincouple1616

Nope, like also the comments on IG post say, it’s more likely her way of saying that she prioritized her career to her love life till now.

15 minutes ago, meiil said:

Nope, like also the comment on IG post say, it’s more likely her way of saying that she prioritized her career to her love life till now.

Almost like Ji Ho working hard through her 20s only to date later. 

Btw, I rewatched the BTS of the bed scene. I hadn't realized that LMK was just standing there watching her and the PD-nim working out the snail plushie throwing scene. Something about that realization and the infectious joy in that moment melts my heart. :)

2 hours ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Almost like Ji Ho working hard through her 20s only to date later. 

Btw, I rewatched the BTS of the bed scene. I hadn't realized that LMK was just standing there watching her and the PD-nim working out the snail plushie throwing scene. Something about that realization and the infectious joy in that moment melts my heart. :)

Hmmm,  i didn't realized it.  Have to rewatch it. Thanks.

Edit:  You are right.  They were talking and joking  to each other as well.  

Thank you @b4l01, @Tatjana17 and @cgb1108. Glad you liked it. :)

Ah... shipping is such a double-edged sword, isn't it? At one side, shippers are jubilant everytime they are caught in situations where they look like a real couple, but on the other side, they must feel sorry for the two individuals since their private matters like love life become public consumption. I guess that's the consequences actors have to deal with since they chose that career. However, from what I've seen so far, the delulu antics in this thread have never come close to a toxic level. Besides, I don't think either LMK or JSM have ever read any of the contents here, and even if they did, they would have found it funny instead of feeling disturbed. It's not like we're terrorizing them by sending DMs containing threats or something.

On the topic of JSM's constant and redundant interviews, well I believe that's just another thing you have to live with when you're a rising actress who have reached idol status. I understand that she might not keen on doing them over and over again, especially when the inquiries are starting to delve more into her private life. However, I'm pretty sure her management/agency will take good care of her instead of treating her as nothing more than a disposable cash cow. Also, I like to see it more as a form of mutualistic co-operation between her and LMK, which can be described like this:

- JSM puts an effort to 'protect' LMK (Ji-ho the defender!) by acting as his representative on the press, doing all the interviews related to BTIMFL in his place, while he remains in hiding, to avoid unwanted attention around his unpleasant past. She's thinking of LMK's privacy.

- LMK could have benefit from media coverage, which might just catapult him to the bigger stage of stardom, yet he chose to be invisible, and let JSM get all the spotlight she deserved after going through such a stellar year. He's thinking of JSM's fame.

Of course I could be wrong -- this is just my theory. And although it's not a completely favorable situation (both have something robbed of them which they give to another), I believe this is just a momentary phase. When the time is right, everyone shall see them together, side-by-side, doing interviews, talk shows or something to fuel this ship.

I wish them well, and hope they enjoy their holiday because they deserve to. I know JSM still has plans to go on a trip with her parents, and to visit her previous co-star in the military. I hope she'll get the chance to do it all soon, it's not important whether she shares about them or not. As for LMK, God knows what he's doing and what he's going to do, but please, stay out of trouble!

- A -

for me.. being in a shipping squad means supporting the artist... i usually read others theories, speculation etc.. but i restrain myself from doing any.. partly because i'm not a good detective and english is not my first language... but i love reading them.. as long as we not put any harm to the artists i'm fine with it.. but i don't condone people in ig tagging the actress or actors.. if i were the actress i don't like it.. but maybe that's just me.. 

I don't mind (as if I'm influincing, lol), if SM 'says'  MK is just a Sunbae whom she can learn a lot from, or not Se hee but Ma Sang Gu is closer to her ideal type (among the BTMIFL characters), or She doesn't consider dating at the moment, I just love the facts that:

1. MK was the cast that SM has spent most of  her time with during filming BTIMFL

Because-Its-My-First-Life-kiss.jpg

Lee-Min-Ki-Jung-So-Min.jpg

Because-This-Is-My-First-Life-bts.jpg

1124187v_6178a8_1712040723_1.jpg?x=b&s=3

...(countless pics)

2. They joked each other during filming 

3. The 'first' official interviews promo together vs the last one.

From the awkwardness to the hardness  to say good bye.

4. They glued each other at the events they didn't have to. 

5. They  used the front phone camera together

I'd like to thank to both of them. They has been giving us JH and SH love life vibe to the real life (at least to us). It's a happy ending if they end up together. But It's a happy ending too if they don't. I believe both of the options make them happy as well. There is nothing we can do until something be confirmed. Except to protect our heart. <3

I hope sominki will do a movie together next year. The movie should be romantic like 'mood of the day'  or it could be kind of alice; boy from wonderland... heheh... i guess i'll be content with just watching both of them become couple in movie... lol

41 minutes ago, jentayue said:

I hope sominki will do a movie together next year. The movie should be romantic like 'mood of the day'  or it could be kind of alice; boy from wonderland... heheh... i guess i'll be content with just watching both of them become couple in movie... lol

then i dont mind to see a lot of bed scene wkwkwkwk :D 

actually, i rly want to see LMK on new project that explored his capability of changing from one character to another char. it'll be awesome.

and ...any shawol in this thread?? i want to express my condolence and stay strong, bcoz u had us. 

Archived