[Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

0ly40

The betrayal was devastating and so unnecessary.  Oh well, many better days ahead for YC and BR.  He is depressed right now so it may take a lot of prodding by BR to get YC enthused about things again but I have faith in her.  Working with DJ will be good for YC and BR.  I will also help MS to be able to get back together with DJ for the babies sake.  Looking forward to the next episode.  

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpgDei09pdUQAA_VzO.jpg

The longest walk from where YC is standing to that elevator in shock and full of unbelief.  One would be thinking how did I even get here.  With his whole world seeming to be falling apart around him.  Everything he believed in and created, those he trusted and thought the world of.  His passion and talent that paid for and built the very spot he stood upon...

In that moment one might feel as if they have nothing and no one...

BR follows his every step and chases him down and give him the one thing he needs most...

HOPE!

She doesn't listen nor does she stop in following her heart or the man she respects.  She lays everything on the line and leaves it all behind.   She expects no promises or guarantee's for in him she sees all that she needs.  Her standing beside him with that smile he has grown to trust she gives him courage and so much more...

Rich Man...

YC might not have believed it when stepping into that elevator for everything might have felt gone.  Yet BG would through herself remind him that you can lose your money, power and all those things that seem to make you rich.  But they can't take away your dreams, desires or passions that define who and what you are...

To have one person believe in you completely.  Who is willing to give up everything and anything just to follow you where ever you lead.  Just that FAITH in you alone, wouldn't it make you feel like the Richest Man Of ALL...

180615 waffledaytruck Instagram Update - Suho

clips at wrap party

[TRANS] 180615 [:#KIMJUNMYEON #SUHO] Thank you for touching me like this in the end (of Richman's drama filming) my Chanyeolie~ I love you Hyung will send you one too! All of #Richman production team, staff, actors, and director, you've really worked hard! Thank you!

Spoiler

Media previewMedia preview

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

I just join watching this series.

When I saw Rich Man's house, I think I saw in other series but I cannot recall.

Does someone remember what the title of the series that used same house as this series?

Behind this beautiful house there is a lake or river. That was I remember.

Thank you for answering me.

53 minutes ago, fr3nk said:

I just join watching this series.

When I saw Rich Man's house, I think I saw in other series but I cannot recall.

Does someone remember what the title of the series that used same house as this series?

Behind this beautiful house there is a lake or river. That was I remember.

Thank you for answering me.

Uncontrollably fond ! 

Hey everyone, recaps will probably be quite a bit later today as I had to work overtime and I'm only going home now... Will probably miss at least half of the live stream so I'll have to watch it later... Hoping for more cute moments! 

Haha missed the whole show. Will watch later when it's available. In the meantime, the preview!

Preview for Episode 14:

TJ: Resigning? All of the BF team?

YC: Now, let us get BF back.

DJ: Let's get married.

TR: Now all that YC has left is that girl.

BR: I believe in Lee Yoo-Chan. So believe in me too.

YC: I'll believe in you. That means you have to take responsibility for me.

TJ: Is the future that I'm making no fun at all? 

YC: How did we come to this? If I changed, would we be able to go back to how things were?

Weee watched it now. Storyline is almost synced with Episode 9 in the Jap-version.... feels like everything will be rushed to be honest. Think everything with the company will be settled by tomorrow (one can hope) and we get on with YC and BR!

Also it's getting rather late so I think I'll try to cut down and be as precise as possible. Or type really quick lol.

Episode 13 Recap:

YC wakes up from his nap on BR's lap. They're by the Han River. He wonders why she seems so happy although they left the company. She says that instead of being so high (unreachable) above, he's much closer now, right next to her. Suddenly a plastic bag is blown into her face. She yells in shock and gets it off. YC goes closer and tries to help with his hand. They notice their closeness; YC leans in really close, their foreheads almost touching as BR closes her eyes.... before YC backs away. BOO. They leave to go home for the night.

BR is setting up for YC in DJ's office. DJ says he has to go meet MS, and when BR starts to say something, he stops her - saying exactly what MS said about BR trying to change their minds. He leaves with the intention of aborting the child.

At the hospital, MS rummages in her handbag and finds her ultrasound. A mum-to-be next to her says her baby looks about 3 months old, and that their heartbeats are the fastest then in their development stage. DJ and MS look affected, and DJ wonders why their doctor is late. The nurse confirms that they'll have to wait longer. DJ asks MS to go grab a bite. He orders burgers and soft drinks. MS is incredulous that he can eat at this time. DJ is basically acting like a jerk. She says she felt guilty about the baby but thinks it's good not to be born if the baby will have a parent like him.

DJ snarks that he didn't think she had that kind of humanity, since she only met him because she thought he was rich and successful. MS can't deny it, but throws the drink in his face. She calls off the appointment and orders him to leave. DJ leaves angrily, but turns back and watches as MS eats while she cries.

TJ is featured in a magazine as the new face of Next-In. Meanwhile an accountant comes to tell YC that his car and house belongs to the company. He tells YC what he actually has in cash, and YC leaves with just a suitcase. He has lunch, sees TJ in the news. He goes to sleep in the church.

BR stands outside in the compound of the church. The pastor comes out and says he was surprised to discover that the Bo-Ra YC spoke of was indeed the girl he met 7 years ago, the one that BH passed her possessions to. He's glad that YC has BR by his side to help him through his tough times, and when BR wonders if YC will open his heart to her, the pastor tells her to force his heart open to her, if necessary. He thinks it was God's will for them to meet.

The next day, TJ and the BF team meet with Taesan's side to discuss the BF project. Taesan wants to change their current interface, citing that it costs too much money to perform too little, that it's not cost-efficient. The 3 members of the BF team argue that their design is meant to be user-friendly. TJ agrees to Taesan's plan. Back at the office, the team try to voice their objections since their role was to provide the technology, not Taesan. TJ distracts them by offering them shiny new, generous contracts.

Going down, TJ passes by the founding wall. He takes down the photos he took with YC, passes them to Chan-Soo to throw away. He tells him to get painters to paint the wall over.

Episode 13 Recap (continued):

TR meets TJ outside the company. She asks how YC and BR are, and if they're together. TJ says he doesn't know or care. She wonders how long has TJ planned to destroy YC. TJ asks what she means. 

TR: I liked you when I thought you were different from Dad and the people in Taesan. But it turns out that you're actually the same. You think about being free from the rigidness of the system, but they remain just thoughts of you. Ultimately, you make the same choices as those in Taesan would. The only one who is truly free is YC. That was probably why I liked him, why he was the kind of person I wanted. I abhorred those people because they had the freedom I couldn't have. Oppa destroyed YC because you couldn't have what YC had, and you planned this a long time ago.

Meanwhile, BR and YC start in DJ's office. DJ leaves for another appointment with MS. YC is demotivated and says he doesn't feel like doing anything. He says he even has a headache, and BR forcefully massages his temples LOL. YC ends up asking to borrow money to buy some ice-cream. BR takes him there, and marvels that he really is a kid. YC stays in the office and plays mobile games as BR leaves for the day. DJ calls her to tell her to contact a company who wants IT work done.

Out in the streets, DJ almost collides into a passing motorcycle. His heart thumps in shock, and he suddenly remembers what the pregnant lady had said about his baby's heartbeat. He touches his chest, having second thoughts. He tries to shake them away and walks on, waiting at a pedestrian crossing. He imagines MS next to him, carrying a baby and calling him Dad.

MS gets a call from DJ cancelling their appointment again. He gives her the excuse that he needs to go out of town for work. But he is actually staring at baby shoes in a shop, wondering how a person could fit in those little things. MS sees him after they hang up the call. She calls out to him but DJ leaves, not hearing her. She walks in his direction, then realises what he was looking at.

BR lies to her family about her work. At night, she asks MS if she can borrow some money for the company. MS tells her not to get silly ideas and think for herself. BR asks about her baby, and MS gives DJ's excuse of being busy. 

The next day, BR gets another call from Mum, who called Next-In this time. She tries to placate them by saying she's set up a new company with YC, and it might take some time for them to earn money. YC approaches and BR quickly hangs up. In the office, BR tells YC about the job DJ had set up, but YC doesn't want to take outside jobs. Suddenly, BR gets a text saying that she's received a huge amount of money in her bank account (about 10,000,000 KRW if I didn't hear wrongly). She rushes out. YC walks around the office and sees BR's frame with their photo on her desk. He goes to the computer and sees news of BF's interface change.

TJ and Taesan present the new interface to the ministry. The lady minister is not pleased, saying that the new interface is not user-friendly, complicated and presents nothing new technologically. It looks just like any government website. BUUUURRRN. The BF team is noticeably twitchy. Taesan's side argues that it was due to financial concerns and practicality, which TJ agrees with. The minister, "I see. Now I wonder why we need Next-In to develop this programme if there are no technological advancements at all."

Back at the company, everyone watches sadly as the wall is repainted. TJ comes as the painters reach the main grey part. He takes over and paints it himself. Dir. Nam looks disappointed.

Downstairs, TR sees YC waiting outside. Dir. Nam comes to meet YC and YC asks about the interface, telling him to tell TJ to change it back. Dir. Nam seems to appreciate YC's concern for the project and says he will talk to TJ.

YC walks on and sees BR in the cafe meeting TJ. BR asks about the money and says she wants to return it. TJ tells her to keep it since it's her promised incentive if the BF project is green lighted. He asks what YC is doing and if he's finding ways to get his revenge. BR says he's not doing anything. TJ asks if she's happy that she left with him, and BR says yes. TJ tells her that she can come back anytime, and BR gets up to leave, saying that she'll keep the money and use it well. TJ asks if she can stay for a bit, and BR sits again.

TR sees YC watching and tells him who they are, then remembers that YC must have recognised BR. She asks if she should help him find out why they met. YC doesn't say a word and walks away.

TR follows him. She says she'll help him if he wants revenge. She tells him everything that her brother did, and how she gave her shares to TJ to help him set up the company in China. She says she did it because she hated him then. YC finally answers that he knows. TR asks why is he not doing anything. 

YC: "What is left if I take revenge? It's not like Next-In will be mine again. Everyone did what they did because they hated me. I can understand that. It's all my fault."

He leaves. TR shouts that he should at least be angry at them. His indifference and acceptance seem to give them a hollow victory.

Episode 13 Recap (continued):

Back at the office, YC flips BR's photo of them both down.

The lady minister secretly meets with BR. She passes information about what is wrong with the BF interface and tells BR to memorise everything. She says there's only one week left before the presentation, and says YC is the only person who can fix it. BR happily memorises everything. The minister asks BR how long will she continue helping YC, and tells her not to cling to a man but to find her own path.

BR rushes back to tell YC what happened. He isn't listening however, and says he saw her with TJ. BR explains, but YC just apologizes and says she should go back to Next-In. BR refuses.

YC: I don't need you now.

BR: Have I become your burden?

YC: Yes. (stands up) You'll eventually leave too anyway.

BR: You don't trust me. Because I'm a liar?

YC: Yeah, probably so.

He walks out of the room. BR cries. (NEW OST.)

-End of episode-

There are some extra lines in the preview after the episode that's not in the YT video, strangely.

So after BR tells YC to trust her, she also says, "I'll never go and leave you behind."

Dir. Nam tells TJ in the office, looking at the blank white wall, "You don't want to change the world. You just want to erase traces of Lee Yoo-Chan."

@angelflowerimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlAFBAAWsJggnEatsKpAJ Appreciate your talent and the hard work so much....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKmTSfWZ91fQTG3a2cOGX 

Sometimes there is value in being brought to your knees...

In believing you had lost everything and everyone of meaning... 

When in truth you had so much more right before you...

That you blindly chose not to see...

In that darkness of despair...

You become much more aware of the who and what means the most...

That person who never left your side who saw what others didn't...

Believed in what she knew...

That underneath the power, money, things and even your talent...

There was something much more valuable...

You...

Episode 13 was better than the past few episodes. Kim Bo Ra is the female version of Go Yeon Woo. She finished memorising the whole file in few hours. God why didn't you bless me with such skills. I liked the Vice Minister's advice to KBR. She shouldn't base her life completely around a man. Its good that she is helping LYC gain his path back but what about her. Has she found her path yet? She should focus on her goals too. If she doesn't have one she should find one. Man and work are two separate things.

They are totally following the J drama now. So I think from here on the drama will be just fine.

Archived